Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:02:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Batman "The Dark Knight"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman "The Dark Knight"  (Read 83778 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2008, 12:31:49 AM »

cool man. i think ill wait till Halloween to paint my face, gonna try and make some custom made scars as well  smoking
Chief
Legend

« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2008, 01:36:56 AM »

you guys may be interested in this trivia link i found, its pretty cool =

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/trivia

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Adam Bomb
Banned
Opening Act

KABOOM!

« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2008, 11:03:01 PM »

I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet, but I find it annoying that it is the #1 rated movie on IMDB. Is it really better than The Godfather? Come on!

Amazing how the dead can be even more influential than the living.

The man who throws a bomb is an artist, because he prefers a great moment to everything. (Gilbert K. Chesterton)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2008, 02:09:55 AM »

I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet, but I find it annoying that it is the #1 rated movie on IMDB. Is it really better than The Godfather? Come on!

That happens when a good new movie comes along. As more votes come in, it'll drop down in rankings. Notice the difference in the number of votes cast for 'The Dark Knight' and 'The Godfather'.

Fuck 'Em All.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2008, 07:16:16 AM »

Im seeing it later today, i cant wait.

My friend saw it yesterday n said he thought it was great and better than Begins, and i loved Begins.

So ill post my thoughts when im done watching it later!

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2008, 08:09:41 AM »

Amazing how the dead can be even more influential than the living.

U know what I find annoying?

People who make judgements about something they haven't even seen.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2008, 09:45:28 AM »

At the moment, it has to be one of the most overrated flicks of the decade.
H.L does absolutely amazing job as a Joker.  What else truly exceptional is there?  Atm the flick is getting very undeserved messiah treatment.

Imho both Burton's Batmans leave better aftertaste than this.
Burton's Batmans have a plot with a lot ess "Oh come ooon, what the fuck was THAT all about:("- moments than Dark Knight. Which is quite an achievement considering Gotham City by Burton was a lot more surreal and other worldy place than more real&ihilistic version in Nolan's Batmans.

Occasionally  things that are just stupid as fucking hell happen in plot of Dark Knight. Not whining about "unrealistic" details of the flick here, like Police being 100% helpless and so on, lot of that stuff is a given in super hero flick i guess.
If you have 3 hours of constant plot twists "all" revolving around !!EXPLOSIVES!! planted in unlikely places and hostages..it's not movie of the decade you are watching.

It's certainly not a bad movie but the "OH MY GOD!!" reaction its currently  getting...blehh, stop it ppl!:Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:04:38 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2008, 10:03:06 AM »

I absolutley do not agree

I think this is one of the greatest movies Ive ever seen and I HATE Batman. I thought Batman Begins was one of the biggest pile of shit movies ever.

Dark Knight delivers on every level and more than Heath is great in this movie although he definitely elevates this movie to all time great status. Its not because he is now dead, its because his performance was that damn great.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2008, 11:24:40 AM »

I think this is one of the greatest movies Ive ever seen and I HATE Batman. I thought Batman Begins was one of the biggest pile of shit movies ever.

Dark Knight delivers on every level and more than Heath is great in this movie although he definitely elevates this movie to all time great status. Its not because he is now dead, its because his performance was that damn great.

No, really it is.............Heath Ledger is getting the Kurt Cobain treatment.  His stuff was medicore and popular while he was alive, but would have faded off into oblivion had he not offed himself.  Same rules apply to both.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2008, 11:36:25 AM »

No, really it is.............Heath Ledger is getting the Kurt Cobain treatment.  His stuff was medicore and popular while he was alive, but would have faded off into oblivion had he not offed himself.  Same rules apply to both.

I kind of agree with you.  It's hard to objectively watch his performance, since EVERY SINGLE PERSON was talking about how brilliant it was.  Now, just because it's tough to be objective does NOT mean that the claims of "brilliant" are wrong (personally, I haven't made such a judgment, though I thought he was quite good). 

But, regarding some criticisms, I do personally enjoy the realism of this movie, much like returning the Bond series from those silly plots to something more real (and, thus, much more powerful and gritty) was very, very necessary.  SOmeone above seemed miffed that the plot revolved around explosives and hostages (though I'd say it really revolves around human nature, with said explosives as a device to reveal that nature).  But the point was chaos.  There's a reason that "supervillains" are much mocked, as they come up with elaborate ways to kill people, such that the hero has 1,000 different opportunities to defeat them.  Simply blowing shit up and killing people is much more effective.

So, regarding the "Cobain treatment," I'd agree that the calls of "greatest ever" and "brilliant!" are a touch premature.  I'm a firm believer in the test of time, and I've seen this film only once.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2008, 12:56:07 PM »

I definitely agree with you above........Ledger was GOOD in this film, actually one of the better things about it, but not so good that I get an erection everytime someone mentions the near thought of it. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2008, 12:59:14 PM »

Heath Ledger's work wasn't mediocre. His performance in Brokeback Mountain was amazing. A few actors turned down that part. Not only was he a brilliant actor but he was fearless too. What he did with The Joker was really creative. There aren't many actors able to achieve what he did with that character. Johnny Depp is the only other actor I can think of with that much diversity.

As for Kurt Cobain, whether people liked his music or not, he was undeniably different and influential.  He created a lot of great work during his short life. I think he would have continued to do well musically if he were still living. No slipping into oblivion.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2008, 03:42:19 PM »

The movie was absolutely brilliant.

I went in with an unbiased perspective, ive never watched any movies ledger was in, so ive never been a fan. I felt sorry for him when he died, but as far as im concerned the movie was done. I loved Batman Begins, i wanted a good sequel so i went in to see the sequel to the batman movie, not Heaths last performance.

The movie is exactly how i like a movie to be done, Properly. You dont get that very often in the 00s.

Very little CGI, more model effects and real stuff, thats what i loved about begins, and this continued that. Brilliant efects.

The story was smart, lots of changes and clever schemes devised by the Joker. I enjoyed the story alot, everyones acting was pretty awesome.

Heath, i dont know what he was like in his other movies. But he played the part very well, a very different portrayal to that of Jacks Joker.

I liked the seriousness of it, i hate movies that are afraid of killing characters of, or violence.

This movie does kill people off, and it doesnt think twice about it.

The violence, great, serious, no pansying around. The scene with Batman and Joker in the interegation room was AWESOME. *spoilers ahead*

The way he smashes his face off the table, smashes his head off the glass, punches him in. And what i really liked about it was, The Joker never shows pain or fear, he doesnt react with anything but amusement or insanity.

I didnt feel they needed to kill off Rachel, but it was the plot n they dared to do it so. It made a great shock because i expected both to be saved, so it was good they broke the predictable super hero tale plot.
*spoiler end*

So overall, very good movie. Different in style/theme to the previous Batman so its hard to compare them. But this was simply brilliant, probably best best movie of 2008.

html sucks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2008, 03:48:35 PM »

Is it bad that I relate to the Joker on a lot of levels???

I know what you mean

I found myself fully understanding why he acted as he did -  his hatred of 'schemers', wishing to tear down the old order.

What I'd give to be able to change a few things...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2008, 03:55:30 PM »

i loved the joker because his insanity appealed to me. I tittered at alot of things.

I love the way he cracks up at stuff.

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2008, 04:31:55 PM »

As for Kurt Cobain, whether people liked his music or not, he was undeniably different and influential.  He created a lot of great work during his short life. I think he would have continued to do well musically if he were still living. No slipping into oblivion.

Thank god, someone else who thinks this. ok

Like mrlee, I've never seen a Heath Ledger movie before so I've never been a fan but I thought he played a great part. I especially liked his first appearance. "Look, it's magic!" hihi  I suppose it's hard not to be influenced by the fact that he died early but I think that people would be giving him the same praise were he still alive.

Oh, and Ledger never "offed himself". Wink

EDIT: My avatar may have perhaps given away the fact that I liked the Joker in this film. Tongue
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:41:08 PM by BlowUpYourTitanTron » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »

Heath did some crap movies but his performances were great

The Patriot, Monster's Ball, Brokeback Mountain he is fan fucking tastic and now with The Dark Knight.

I think guys like Ledger who didnt kill himself by the way, and Cobain become UNDERRATED because their deaths overshadow just how great they are.

Chris Farley died tragically and I still thought that movie he did with Matt Perry sucked balls.

If the movie and his performance sucked, his death wouldnt change that.

THe mark a of a truly great actor is when they can make u forget they are "heath Ledger, Johnny Depp etc etc and totally become something on the screen.  If it was never announced who the joker was, u wouldnt have had an idea.

His mannerisms for the joker, the way he used his voice and facial expressions.  GENIUS

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2008, 04:50:11 PM »

I'm not a heath ledger fan, and whether he's alive or dead makes no difference in my life.

with that said, he played the best joker ever.   he did an excellent job.   

batman begins was awesome, this reboot of the franchise is 100 times better then the older batman stuff.    The Dark Knight was even better.

only thing I'm not clear on.. is Morgan Freeman gone?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2008, 04:52:31 PM »

I'm not a heath ledger fan, and whether he's alive or dead makes no difference in my life.

batman begins was awesome, this reboot of the franchise is 100 times better then the older batman stuff.    The Dark Knight was even better.

STOP the presses, me and Jim Bob agree.

well, he said he'd quit if Bruce went through with the sonar thing.  I guess it depends on if they meet his price or not. They left it in a way to go either way with his character.  My money says he will be back.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #179 on: July 30, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »

STOP the presses, me and Jim Bob agree. *

well, he said he'd quit if Bruce went through with the sonar thing.  I guess it depends on if they meet his price or not. They left it in a way to go either way with his character.  My money says he will be back.
I really hope Morgan isnt gone BUT. He said he wouldnt work with Bruce aslong as he had the sonar spy thing, but at the end he (morgan freeman) destroys it rather than sending a resignation...so he still may be in it as its not there anymore.

*i only wish i could get the Price track off Batman soundtrack where he quotes the "STOP THE PRESS, WHO IS THAT" and link it in here right now

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: