Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 03:37:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228044 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Batman "The Dark Knight"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman "The Dark Knight"  (Read 84110 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2008, 06:38:05 PM »

So, Depp as The Riddler?

http://www.holymoly.co.uk/news/28/johnny-depp-lined-up-to-play-the-riddler-in-next-batman-film-3842.html
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2008, 06:56:19 PM »

he would be amazing as the Riddler, i hope they get him.

And a BIG BIG BIG no to casting The Penguin, a shitty unbelievable character.

html sucks
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »

Come on, you wouldn't like to see Phillip Seymour Hoffman play the Penguin?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2008, 08:10:56 PM »

Not a huge fan of Depp's but i think he'd do very well in the role.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2008, 08:20:34 PM »

Come on, you wouldn't like to see Phillip Seymour Hoffman play the Penguin?
i just dislike the penguin, i dont see how that character could be done in such a serious adaptation of the Batman series.

html sucks
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2008, 08:38:12 PM »

I thought Daniel Day Lewis would also be good as the Riddler.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2008, 08:41:27 PM »

Johnny Depp's Riddler role?

'Pirates of the Caribbean' star Johnny Depp has been approached to play villainous character The Riddler in the next Batman movie, it has been claimed.

(BANG) -

Johnny Depp has reportedly been approached to play a villain in the next Batman movie.

The actor is wanted to portray The Riddler in the sequel to 'The Dark Knight', according to studio bosses.

A source said: "Johnny would be amazing as The Riddler. The studio knew they needed someone who could match or even top the late actor Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker in the most recent film 'The Dark Knight', and think Johnny has the potential to do so."

The Riddler is a manic super-villain who baffles Batman with his cryptic criminal clues.

He first appeared in the comic book series in 1948, and was portrayed by Frank Gorshin in the 60s US TV show, a role which earned him an Emmy nomination.

More recently, The Riddler was played by Jim Carrey in the 1995 movie 'Batman Forever'.

Studio bosses are also said to be keen to sign up Philip Seymour Hoffman to play The Penguin in the new movie.

They reportedly believe the Oscar-winning star would be the right choice to play the aristocratic, intelligent and terrifying villain.

Christian Bale is currently wowing critics with his portrayal of the Caped Crusader in 'The Dark Knight' alongside Heath Ledger, who died of an accidental drugs overdose in January, Aaron Eckhart, Sir Michael Caine and Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Wow, do they get these ideas from message boards and forums?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2008, 08:47:54 PM »

You can't dispute his talent, but at this point, I'd argue he's too old...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2008, 08:53:46 PM »

The johnny idea is perfect though.

Totally, i could see him doing that so good.
Hes a fuckin good actor and that role suits his crazy eccentric characters role that he is so good at playing.

html sucks
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2008, 08:57:51 PM »

You can't dispute his talent, but at this point, I'd argue he's too old...

only 5 or 6 years older than Depp, but I see your point. It makes more sense if the audience has the illusion that Batman and a villain such as the Riddler or Joker are about the same age.

I'm guessing if they do have the Riddler, he wont have a green jumpsuit, or at least I hope, prolly something along these lines
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2008, 06:25:23 PM »

Just got back from watching it for the third time and I noticed a lot  I didnt previous.

I must be the only one who didnt realize that it was Gordon driving the armor car with Dent inside........

Also, Batman had to take the fall at the end because who else could it be blamed on? Also Batman just assaulted the entire SWAT team etc and the Joker was captured, so they couldnt blame him.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2008, 11:46:23 PM »

Im sure that there is gonna be about a year and a halfs worth of casting rumours for the next movie, if there even is one. And I dont understand how people cant see the Penguin working.  He is the only character that they would not have to change at all to fit into Nolan's version of Batman.  Depp in anything is great, but if they do the Riddler, Im sure it will be another "out of left field" casting, al la Bale and Ledger. 
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2008, 07:27:16 AM »

how could they make you believe a man was raised by penguins in a sewer and becomes a crime lord though?

html sucks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2008, 08:07:54 AM »

For gods sake - when will they learn?Huh

They restarted the series because of the excess - 25 villians and heros in a single film

...and what have they done with the reboot? The exact same thing

Ras al ghul and Scarecrow

Joker and Two Face

Riddler and Penguin

Is it so much to ask we have ONE villian in a film?

If you cant write a decent story with a single villian then maybe they shouldn't bother making the film at all

Two face was so utterly squandered in TDK, he had so much potential....

Can someone explain to me why half his suit at the end was burnt when (during the fire) he was wearing a white shirt? Is there some tailor that knocks out custom villian gear between scenes?

Did he go home and over-iron a suit himself?

Utter stupidity

TDK was enjoyable - but at times it was so badly written one wonders if they didnt just ad lib scenes....

Two Face killing 5 people.....Maroni, Driver, (himself) - thats three.....good ol' counting there Nolan....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2008, 10:24:13 AM »

For gods sake - when will they learn?Huh

They restarted the series because of the excess - 25 villians and heros in a single film

...and what have they done with the reboot? The exact same thing

Ras al ghul and Scarecrow

Joker and Two Face

Riddler and Penguin

Is it so much to ask we have ONE villian in a film?

If you cant write a decent story with a single villian then maybe they shouldn't bother making the film at all

Two face was so utterly squandered in TDK, he had so much potential....

Can someone explain to me why half his suit at the end was burnt when (during the fire) he was wearing a white shirt? Is there some tailor that knocks out custom villian gear between scenes?

Did he go home and over-iron a suit himself?

Utter stupidity

TDK was enjoyable - but at times it was so badly written one wonders if they didnt just ad lib scenes....

Two Face killing 5 people.....Maroni, Driver, (himself) - thats three.....good ol' counting there Nolan....

True this. I mean seriously, look at a trilogy like Star Wars (original trilogy)... one bad guy throughout 3 films (Darth Vader). Makes the villain much more interesting and keeps the series together.

That being said, Heath Ledger is dead so I know THAT (bad guy across multiple films) can't really happen. I would however like it if they kept it to one bad guy this time around...  Undecided

gnrevolution.com
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2008, 12:22:20 PM »

how could they make you believe a man was raised by penguins in a sewer and becomes a crime lord though?

Thats Burtons Penguin.   The penguin from the source material is just a crimelord.  Just like Catwoman is not a woman given powers by cats.

They restarted the series because of the excess
No, they restarted the series because Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were horrible movies, regardless of how many villians.  Its not impossible to have a good movie with two villians, it just needs to be done well. And you are complaining about something that hasnt even happened yet.  Riddler and Penguin havent been confirmed.  Hell, a third movie hasnt even been confirmed.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2008, 01:22:21 PM »

Thats Burtons Penguin.   The penguin from the source material is just a crimelord.  Just like Catwoman is not a woman given powers by cats.

They restarted the series because of the excess
No, they restarted the series because Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were horrible movies, regardless of how many villians.  Its not impossible to have a good movie with two villians, it just needs to be done well. And you are complaining about something that hasnt even happened yet.  Riddler and Penguin havent been confirmed.  Hell, a third movie hasnt even been confirmed.
jesus, thank god then!!!!!! Well ok, we shall see.

But i still prefer a more active bad guy, not someone that gets others to do it for him.

Though i really think they need to use Twoface a bit more, he had a HUGE role in the cartoons, they cant kill him off so soon, they must have an excuse to bring him back into it.

html sucks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »

Though i really think they need to use Twoface a bit more, he had a HUGE role in the cartoons, they cant kill him off so soon, they must have an excuse to bring him back into it.

With Ledger's death would it have really been so difficult to re-film the end with Dent surviving?

C'mon Nolan (and the the thousands of studio exec's) - dont you think about such things?

...judging from the lengthy and pointless Hong Kong scenes I'm guessing 'thinking' was not something that they spent much time on

Oh look an explosion!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2008, 07:42:50 PM »

I think they could use Dent in the next film, sure they had the funeral but they could work it as as surviving Dent is locked away from the public eye and said to be dead to keep his legacy intact for what he did for Gotham. Thats just my opinion, I'm sure they could find a more creative way of bringing him back if need be

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #219 on: August 04, 2008, 06:06:32 AM »

He also kills the cop in the bar and presumably Ramirez as well. That's why Gordon says: "He killed 5 people, 2 cops".

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: