Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:13:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Batman "The Dark Knight"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman "The Dark Knight"  (Read 83779 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #280 on: August 12, 2008, 11:06:06 AM »

I bet Cat Woman is in the next film.  just remembered something Fox says to Batman about how the new suit is good against "cats" too.

who should play her? Angelina?  that'd be SO hot.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #281 on: August 12, 2008, 11:13:13 AM »

I bet Cat Woman is in the next film.  just remembered something Fox says to Batman about how the new suit is good against "cats" too.

Easy there, big fella! 

Odds are Angelina would be the first cat woman carrying a litter. rofl  The woman's a breeding machine.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2008, 03:57:11 PM »

I doubt it.

I think the comics lead to Robin after this film, but I doubt that will happen.

Twoface will return with someone else, I think.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #283 on: August 12, 2008, 04:10:21 PM »

will dbz be as a massive  failure as db anime fans are expecting it to be?
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2008, 04:46:37 PM »

yes yes it will.  james masters is the only one with any hope of keeping it alive but it will fail

by the way ive never watched DBZ and never intend to Smiley

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2008, 04:50:56 PM »

what the fuck does that have to do with the dark knight???

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

« Reply #286 on: August 12, 2008, 04:51:49 PM »

what the fuck does that have to do with the dark knight???

lol i thought that as well but still answered it Smiley

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #287 on: August 12, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »

I doubt it.

I think the comics lead to Robin after this film, but I doubt that will happen.

Twoface will return with someone else, I think.

we shall see, I'd be surprised if we ever see Robin.  maybe NightWing, but robin is considered to be a total joke by the avg. person.  I"ll bet you a Coke that Cat Woman is in the next film!!!

St_Jimmyuk
VIP

« Reply #288 on: August 12, 2008, 05:04:55 PM »

how good would it be if they get Jim Carey back to do riddler not that he would take it as he never does "sequels" and don't people say he did ace Ventura as that was a one off.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #289 on: August 12, 2008, 10:42:20 PM »

how good would it be if they get Jim Carey back to do riddler not that he would take it as he never does "sequels" and don't people say he did ace Ventura as that was a one off.

it would be a terrible idea.  they should try to distance themselves from those films as much as possible.  I really dont know how anyone can say the first batman movies were good at all (esp when compared to dark knight and batman begins).

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: August 13, 2008, 01:15:41 AM »

Its easy to say, because they are.  The first two, anyway.
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

« Reply #291 on: August 13, 2008, 12:35:05 PM »

it would be a terrible idea.  they should try to distance themselves from those films as much as possible.  I really dont know how anyone can say the first batman movies were good at all (esp when compared to dark knight and batman begins).

you can't really compare them since they are totally different styles however the riddlers character can't change that much can it? but if the rumour of johnny depp are true i think that might be a bad move (as much as i do like his acting)

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #292 on: August 13, 2008, 01:39:28 PM »

Its easy to say, because they are.  The first two, anyway.

You honestly mean to tell me that Batman Returns with the Penguin and Catwoman was a good movie  rofl

First one is so over rated. 

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #293 on: August 13, 2008, 01:41:34 PM »

you can't really compare them since they are totally different styles however the riddlers character can't change that much can it? but if the rumour of johnny depp are true i think that might be a bad move (as much as i do like his acting)

i think he could change, I mean a lot of people thought Nicholson's Joker was amazing, but Ledger's performance makes ole' Jack look like, well... a clown Wink

Depp could make him a little darker, while still having a playful/crazy touch to it.  Picture Jack Sparrow, but a lot more evil....

Riddler is a lame character though.  two-face would have been really good. shame hes dead.

i think my Angelina/Cat Woman guess was a good one....  I read online today she was talking the part over with Tera Patrick (totally hot).

Gunsnroses-now
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #294 on: August 13, 2008, 03:39:56 PM »

Riddler would be a lot different. Instead of being campy and joking (Carey's performance was like a modern day Gorshin, which isn't always a bad thing) they would focus on the narcissism and the compulsion to leave clues at crimes. The Riddler's first appearance in the 90s Animated Series is really good, actually. They did Riddler especially well. I would like Two-Face to return but I don't see it happening.

Robin will not be in it if Nolan is directing, and probably won't be in it even if someone else takes over. Bale has also stated that he doesn't want Robin. And given the timeline (respecting source material has been a huge part of this Batman franchise) he couldn't be Nightwing while Bruce is still young. Robin's just a little kid right now, probably not even 5 years old.

I hope that there won't be Catwoman or Penguin. Riddler would be my first choice, maybe with Deadshot as a second.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #295 on: August 13, 2008, 06:41:13 PM »

respecting source material has been a huge part of this Batman franchise
Hardly.  Nolan felt like he had to make it realistic so it wouldnt be a "comic-book" movie.  As if thats a bad thing.  How is that respecting the source?  I do respect the filmakers for not crapping on the source material, and changes are always nessesary when you adapt to film, but taking all the fantasy and wonder out just bothers me.
Gunsnroses-now
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #296 on: August 13, 2008, 06:49:26 PM »

These two Nolan films have paid more direct respect to Batman stories than any other Batman series. Begins is very clearly a Batman: Year One influenced story. Joker's madness and motivation is taken right from The Killing Joke. The Harvey Dent character is done like he was in The Long Halloween. Maybe he's drawing from modern Batman classics of the 80s and 90s but all the philosophies and motivations match up. Very much unlike Burton, who had Batman kill people and let Joker die.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #297 on: August 13, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »

respecting source material has been a huge part of this Batman franchise
Hardly.  Nolan felt like he had to make it realistic so it wouldnt be a "comic-book" movie.  As if thats a bad thing.  How is that respecting the source?  I do respect the filmakers for not crapping on the source material, and changes are always nessesary when you adapt to film, but taking all the fantasy and wonder out just bothers me.

Fantasy and wonder was what Burton brought to the table, not the comics.  I honestly don't know how anyone who is a fan of the comics can watch those and say "WOW! They NAILED IT!!!!"  Those movies are abortions.

As GNR-now says you can tell these films have been inspired by the batman stories where its more realistic and darker.  I'm actually worried they are going to run out of realistic major villains.  I really don't want to see Mr. Freeze or poison ivy.  I still think clay face would be bad ass.  Ventriloquist/Scarface could be cool, would tie into the whole mob thing of the 1st two movies.  Cat woman, if done in the year 1 vein, could be pretty cool too, and now that batman is minus one love interest he could use someone else.  but i don't think she can carry a movie.  riddler/penguin are so fucking lame though.

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: August 13, 2008, 08:33:35 PM »

I'm actually worried they are going to run out of realistic major villains
Kinda contradictory there, dont you think?  You say that Nolan and co. Batman is faithful, yet they limit the villians they can use because of the realistic philosophy that they took.  Burton did not add the fantasy and wonder to Batman, he embraced it.  Batman, and super-heroes in general, are fantasy.  And yes, most people coming out of the theater in 89 did say, "wow, they nailed it."  As opposed to a lot of people I talked to about Dark Knight who came out saying, "Eh. it was alright."   I dont want to turn this into Burton vs. Nolan.  Thats not the point Im trying to make.  I actually enjoy both versions alot.   But Dark Knight is far from flawless, and hardly the end-all, be all representation of Batman and Joker.  The Joker is a maniac with permenantly white skin, green hair, and smile. He kills with joy-buzzers, acid flowers, and joker gas,dancing while he does it.  Now who represented that more, Ledger or Jack?  Ledgers performance was outta this world.  Which is why I think the movie is so successful.  He owned it. But saying its "better" or more faithful to the "source" is flat out wrong.

Gunsnroses-now
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: August 13, 2008, 08:50:37 PM »

People came out of TDK saying it was just alright? That's news to me. I thought it was in the top 5 of imdb at one point and was the biggest blockbuster iin years. Burton didn't embrace the comics at all, he admitted he never really read them. He said he liked The Killing Joke once but TDK's interpretation of Joker is way closer to TKJ's than Burton's is.

Anyways, I agree a Burton v Nolan debate, however hilariously one-sided (every part of Nolan's films is better imo) is a bad way for this tread to go.

After a little time off from this movie, I will say I like Gotham in Begins much more. In TDK it seems like the atmosphere and look of it are less unique and more like a regular Chicago.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: