Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 07:06:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228071 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  WWE Game: Tag Team Edition 8: Good Friends, Better Enemies
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WWE Game: Tag Team Edition 8: Good Friends, Better Enemies  (Read 81718 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2008, 10:38:24 PM »

we starting tomorrow then?
Yeap.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2008, 06:46:57 AM »

I think every team has potential to be honest and i think injuries and roster changing could decide this one.

Every team has potential champions and champions already. I think me and cowbell are happy with our team especially if Orton comes back.

Heres my take on the picks that could decide it:

Canadian Bacon - i think Malcolm and Hammy picked wisely and sort of have a all or nothing situation going on there. The fact they have Natayla and McCool was well worked coz i dont really think they can lose there unless the divas title takes a back seat over winter. But the Pick that has to step up for them to win is Big Show.... big guys are always a risk, but show is highly thought of an excellent worker. He is obviously being postioned for a title shot and maybe a title win but against who? HHH another one of their picks.... does that help if Big Show de-thrones HHH, well yeah i think it does coz HHH will be on the show no matter what as SD No1 and Big Show winning will only make him wrestle more matches so in turn more points. If that happens and Natayla and McCool enter the feud that many expect they have enough solid scorers around to pick up the win. Not to mention Beth Pheonix.

Fan Of Smackin D with Cowbell - its hard to comment on your own team, but i'm happy with what we've got and i'm condfident we'd make the same choices again, right or wrong! Obviously we need Matt Hardy to come through with the title win that so many think he deserves, because i think if he wins it he'll probally not lose it again within this game. MVP and JBL could be champions this time next week and will score whatever. and then we have 2 champions at 4 & 5, in Rhodes and Santino who will hopefully see us through at least half the game as champions. Henry is ECW champ and with Hardy being No 1 contender i feel like bases are covered there (unless someone else wins at Unforgiven). But i think it maybe our next 3 that decide our fate. Orton, Maryse & Shad, Orton looks like he's on his way back but we need him wrestling and if he manages to take the title from Punk that would be huge for us. Maryse is a little known to me but i see she seems quite consistant and we will need 12 & 5 points weekly from her. and then Shad.... Less promos more wrestling and a few title exchanges with Priceless would be .... well..... Priceless.

666 & Jim - I think they have the most solid team right the way through and will score on nearly every TV show. The problem is i can see PPV being a problem. On most PPV i can see as many as 7 not appearing, but saying that the team has so much potential its untrue. what interests me the most is picks 3,4 & 5. Shelton already has a title... how long can he hold on to it for? and will R-Truth be the one who will take it off him evetually? and will Kofi regain his IC title from Santino? I think Batista and Y2J have chances for the world title within this game.... but only one of them and with Orton looking like he is on his way back i'd guess that Batista is the logical choice there. But i think picks 1 through 8 they will score as consistantly as anyone but with only 1 champ on their roster they will have to gain some champions along the way to win. If they do that then i think they will be hard to beat.

Blows D's Nuts - Defending a title is hard... Just ask D! But it doesn't help when argubly wrestlings biggest star gets injured 3 days after you pick him as your No1 pick. Having said that they have guys who could make up the points. I think they are much in the same boat as 666 & Jim in the sense that they need to find champions from somewhere to win. With Cena out, Jeff Hardy takes over the "Big Hope" mantel and he could very well be World Champion within this game (Maybe as soon as the weekend) and if not that title maybe the US is also within his reach, So genuine hope there i think. John Morrsion is a tough one because of Face/Heel divide. You feel he wont get a chance at a title on ECW until say Matt Hardy or Finlay win the title and even then would he beat them for it? he is always solid and has posted huge numbers in previous games, but they were the days of SD/ECW merger and his title reign.... so is he anything more than solid these days? Dibiase is their only starting champ and a good pick at 4 IMO he'll score with title or without title although if he loses his title soon i fear for a wooden spoon finish. Kendrick is a great 5 pick, i would love to of had him but we went for Santino for title points. His new gimmick is brilliant, The only thing i wonder about Kendrick is whether this game is one game too early for him. with Shelton as champ you feel that a face has to beat Shelton before Kendrick can have a shot at the US title and i dont think he is ready for World title picture yet. aside from that there is solid scorers but guys with little to no chances of titles within this game unless Mickie can suprise a few people and beat Beth.... but without Cena for at leat 2 thirds of the game its gonna be a tough retain for the Champs.

Team M.I.A - For a team called that its funny that Edge is their No1 pick and that they have Mysterio too.  But first of all they need a CM Punk retain. I think we all expect Punk's run will end within this game, but how long can he last? and when it does end, what then for Punk? With Edge on hiatus and Undertaker still not having wrestled on SD it shows how M.I.A needs Punk to stay Champion. I mean at times M.I.A. reads like a injury list... Edge, Taker, Rey, HBK & Cade.... All of them are potential champions but who knows how long before Edge is back or if (as it looks) Taker is on a reduced schedule or how long it'll be before "pay me at home Michaels" is injured again. If they are back and fighting then anything is possible due to the amount of potential champions but if it goes the other way.... it could be trouble.

Just wanna say these are just my opinions. but like i said every team has a chance in this one i think and you never know how injurys & Debuts will effect these games. and i just would like to say. I like the idea of starting near a PPV its a good way to start.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2008, 06:54:00 AM »

Canadian Bacon - i think Malcolm and Hammy picked wisely
Course we did, and our 10th pick will be wise to.

Just wanna say these are just my opinions. but like i said every team has a chance in this one i think and you never know how injurys & Debuts will effect these games. and i just would like to say. I like the idea of starting near a PPV its a good way to start.
Aye, also good starting on the 1st of a month, so we have exactly 4 months of a game.

Nice post dude, nice one by D too, I like these in-depth analysis, good to see people are thinking and big post banters always fun, and in the tag game no less....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2008, 07:08:07 AM »

how long it'll be before "pay me at home Michaels" is injured again.

source: PWInsider.com

It is believed that Shawn Michaels suffered a triceps tear at tonight's Raw taping in St. Louis. That's the current word going around backstage.

Just in time ok

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2008, 11:54:37 AM »

Our final pick is....

....we hope she makes a speedy recovery from her injury.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2008, 12:27:45 PM »

Our final pick is....

....we hope she makes a speedy recovery from her injury.

Someone's reading spoilers, Naughty Hammy

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2008, 11:05:25 PM »

Raw
Charlie Haas, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jamie Noble, Jillian, Layla, Snitsky, William Regal.

Smackdown
Brie Bella, Ezekiel, Funaki, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kenny Dykstra, Maria, Ryan Braddock, Scotty Goldman, Super Crazy, Victoria

ECW
Armando Estrada, Bam Neely, Gavin Spears, Hornswoggle, Tommy Dreamer.

Recurring Legends
Al Snow, Barry Windham, Bart Gunn, Bastion Booger, Bob Backlund, Brooklyn Brawler, Doink The Clown, Dusty Rhodes, Flash Funk, Gangrel, Gillberg, Hulk Hogan, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Kamala, Lita, Mae Young, Nikolai Volkoff, Iron Sheik, IRS, Pete Gas, Repo Man, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Ron Simmons, Scotty Two Hotty, Skinner, Steve Austin, Steve Blackman, Sgt. Slaughter, Sunny, Ted DiBiase Snr., The Goon, The Rock, Trish Stratus.

Injured/Inactive/Suspended/Released
Boogeyman, Carlito, Chuck Palumbo, Deuce, DH Smith, Elijah Burke, Gregory Helms, Hardcore Holly, Ken Kennedy, Melina, Paul London, Umaga, Val Venis.

Non-Wrestling Recurring Characters
Eve Torres, Lena Yada, Matt Striker, Mick Foley, Ranjin Singh, Shane Mcmahon, Tazz, Tony Atlas, Vicki Guerrero, Vince Mcmahon.

RAW
Kofi Kingston = 12
Charlie Haas = 5
Mark Henry = 32
Finlay = 5
Matt Hardy = 5
The Miz = 5
Chavo Guerrero = 5
Jamie Noble = 12
William Regal = 5
Jillian = 5
Katie Lea Burchill = 5
Beth Phoenix = 5
Kelly Kelly = 12
Candice Michelle = 12
Mickie James = 12
Santino Marella = 12
D'Lo Brown = 5
Kane = 17
CM Punk = 15
JBL = 5
Batista = 5

Canadian Bacon: Triple H, Big Show, Beth Phoenix, Kane, Natalya, Michelle McCool, Zach Ryder, The Great Khali, Katie Lea Burchill, Candice Michelle ($240,000) = 39
Fan of Smackin' D with a Cowbell: Matt Hardy, Montel Vontavious Porter, John Bradshaw Layfield, Cody Rhodes, Santino Marella, Mark Henry, Randy Orton, Maryse, Shad Gaspard, Primo Colon ($240,000) = 54
slash666 & Jim: Batista, Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Ron "R-Truth" Killings, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Finlay, The Miz, Kelly Kelly, Mike Knox ($240,000) = 39
Blowup D'z Nutz: John Cena, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Ted Dibiase, The Brian Kendrick, Festus, Mickie James, Vladimir Kozlov, Paul Burchill, Ricky Ortiz ($240,000) = 12
Team M.I.A: Edge, CM Punk, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Curt Hawkins, Shawn Michaels, D'Lo Brown, JTG
, Lance Cade, Chavo Guerrero ($240,000) = 25

1. Fan of Smackin' D with a Cowbell = 54
2. slash666 & Jim = 39
=. Canadian Bacon = 39
4. Team M.I.A = 25
5. Blowup D'z Nutz = 12
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2008, 10:38:15 AM »

Who booked Mark Henry to eliminate every fuggin' guy in the match??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2008, 10:47:23 AM »

ME!!!! ok

But more importantly Where was John Cena? rofl rofl rofl
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:01:59 AM by Gnrfan » Logged

[/color]

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2008, 09:13:39 PM »

ME!!!! ok

Hey come on lets not bash the Cena, I thought Kofi whooped his ass last night. 

6th Round Picks scores 32 Points. I am glad we both agreed on how important it was to have him on our team to compliment Hardy.  If Henry retains at Unforgiven for some ungodly reason he will be the steal of the game.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2008, 11:08:23 PM »

Raw
Charlie Haas, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jamie Noble, Jillian, Layla, Snitsky, William Regal.

Smackdown
Brie Bella, Ezekiel, Funaki, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kenny Dykstra, Maria, Ryan Braddock, Scotty Goldman, Super Crazy, Victoria

ECW

Recurring Legends
Al Snow, Barry Windham, Bart Gunn, Bastion Booger, Bob Backlund, Brooklyn Brawler, Doink The Clown, Dusty Rhodes, Flash Funk, Gangrel, Gillberg, Hulk Hogan, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Kamala, Lita, Mae Young, Nikolai Volkoff, Iron Sheik, IRS, Pete Gas, Repo Man, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Ron Simmons, Scotty Two Hotty, Skinner, Steve Austin, Steve Blackman, Sgt. Slaughter, Sunny, Ted DiBiase Snr., The Goon, The Rock, Trish Stratus.

Boogeyman, Carlito, Chuck Palumbo, Deuce, DH Smith, Elijah Burke, Gregory Helms, Hardcore Holly, Ken Kennedy, Melina, Paul London, Umaga, Val Venis.

Eve Torres, Lena Yada, Matt Striker, Mick Foley, Ranjin Singh, Shane Mcmahon, Tazz, Tony Atlas, Vicki Guerrero, Vince Mcmahon.

ECW
Super Crazy = 12
Ricky Ortiz = 12
Gavin Spears = 5
Ryan Braddock = 5
Tommy Dreamer = 12
Matt Hardy = 12
Finlay = 12
Evan Bourne = 12
The Miz = 5
John Morrison = 5
Chavo Guerrero = 5
Mark Henry = 5

Canadian Bacon: Triple H, Big Show, Beth Phoenix, Kane, Natalya, Michelle McCool, Zach Ryder, The Great Khali, Katie Lea Burchill, Candice Michelle ($240,000) = 0
Fan of Smackin' D with a Cowbell: Matt Hardy, Montel Vontavious Porter, John Bradshaw Layfield, Cody Rhodes, Santino Marella, Mark Henry, Randy Orton, Maryse, Shad Gaspard, Primo Colon ($240,000) = 17
slash666 & Jim: Batista, Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Ron "R-Truth" Killings, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Finlay, The Miz, Kelly Kelly, Mike Knox ($240,000) = 29
Blowup D'z Nutz: John Cena, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Ted Dibiase, The Brian Kendrick, Festus, Mickie James, Vladimir Kozlov, Paul Burchill, Ricky Ortiz ($240,000) = 17
Team M.I.A: Edge, CM Punk, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Curt Hawkins, Shawn Michaels, D'Lo Brown, JTG
, Lance Cade, Chavo Guerrero ($240,000) = 5

1. Fan of Smackin' D with a Cowbell = 71
2. slash666 & Jim = 68
3. Canadian Bacon = 39
4. Team M.I.A = 30
5. Blowup D'z Nutz = 29
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2008, 11:13:28 PM »

ME!!!! ok

6th Round Picks scores 32 Points. I am glad we both agreed on how important it was to have him on our team to compliment Hardy.  If Henry retains at Unforgiven for some ungodly reason he will be the steal of the game.

Glad to see u read my draft review ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2008, 04:46:12 AM »

Chavo got me 5 points, definetly worth the pick.

Championship. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2008, 07:22:15 AM »

ME!!!! ok

Glad to see u read my draft review ok

What makes you think we read what you write! I try not to in case i fall pray to those famous Mind Games  hihi hihi

I'm happy with our start, there is a long way to go though and i know we wont end the week on top but as long as we are in touching distance i'll be happy. Yeah as long as Hardy or Henry win the ECW match then i think we have a chance

[/color]

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »

right av now got me laptop re fixed so what have i missed lol

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2008, 09:24:31 AM »

right av now got me laptop re fixed so what have i missed lol
Well you are high_times as Team M.I.A are crushing D and his sidekicks team into last place by one massively huge point, be happy! Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2008, 09:27:12 AM »

^Sidekick?? Marty Janetty is a sidekick.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2008, 11:13:50 AM »

^Sidekick?? Marty Janetty is a sidekick.

yeah we've been through this.... he more like a bond girl hihi

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2008, 08:27:24 AM »

Raw

Smackdown

ECW

Recurring Legends

Smackdown
R-Truth = 12
Bam Neely = 5
Shelton Benjamin = 14
MVP = 7
Maryse = 12
Maria = 5
The Brian Kendrick = 14
Jeff Hardy = 7
Super Crazy = 12
Ryan Braddock = 5
Brie Bella = 12
Victoria = 5
Triple H = 12
The Great Khali = 5

Canadian Bacon: Triple H, Big Show, Beth Phoenix, Kane, Natalya, Michelle McCool, Zach Ryder, The Great Khali, Katie Lea Burchill, Candice Michelle ($240,000) = 17
Fan of Smackin' D with a Cowbell: Matt Hardy, Montel Vontavious Porter, John Bradshaw Layfield, Cody Rhodes, Santino Marella, Mark Henry, Randy Orton, Maryse, Shad Gaspard, Primo Colon ($240,000) = 19
slash666 & Jim: Batista, Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Finlay, The Miz, Kelly Kelly, Mike Knox ($240,000) = 26
Blowup D'z Nutz: John Cena, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Ted Dibiase, The Brian Kendrick, Festus, Mickie James, Vladimir Kozlov, Paul Burchill, Ricky Ortiz ($240,000) = 21
, Lance Cade, Chavo Guerrero ($240,000) = 0

1. slash666 & Jim = 94
2. Fan of Smackin' D with a Cowbell = 90
3. Canadian Bacon = 56
4. Blowup D'z Nutz = 50
5. Team M.I.A = 30
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2008, 09:08:47 AM »

Team Loophole have this PPV covered well.

Having a Team Priceless member AND a Cryme Tyme member covers that match, and for the ECW Scramble surely they have the only two with a chance.  And with a wrestler in each of the other scrambles for match points, should be a good event for them.

If Canadian Bacon (us) have Triple H and McCool retain and Kane pull off a shocker....we'll be frying  Cheesy (Get it?)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: