Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:40:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  WWE Game: Tag Team Edition 8: Good Friends, Better Enemies
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WWE Game: Tag Team Edition 8: Good Friends, Better Enemies  (Read 80847 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #300 on: October 18, 2008, 11:27:05 AM »

I bitched to everyone not to let them get the tag champs but NOOOOO one would listen

they deserve to win just because none of u blocked their move.

Even without the tag champs I think we would still be ahead of you, I think we got some solide all around team.

Matt Hardy and Mark Henry with a 6th round pick, was the best pick for our team, sure we knew he would loose the title and everyone knew it so no on took him, but we had Hardy to cover him and I think that paid off nice for us, having basically a gaurenteed title defence or a gaurenteed new champion on every ppv helps out alot. I think Henry in the 6th round was one of our best moves. That and GnR wanting to take Hardy because D had him in the singles game.

Santino has done good for us. MVP with a 2nd round has been a disappointment. JBL seems to be on every Raw and PPV which helps us out. RHodes is good for us. RKO just incase he did come back so D couldnt have him in both games, imagine if he actually comes back. The colons dont wrestle much but when they do they are defending gold which is great and Shad just hangs out,

We basically are gaurenteed ECW Championship until the end of the game, I cant see someone besides Mark Henry or Matt H being that champion.
We have the IC Champ.
We have the WWE Champions
We have 1 of the World Tag Champs. 5 Champions. I am not going to sit here and gaurentee a win but We already had Primo, I dont think that we would be that bad off if we didnt get carlito. (we bid on and won him before he was champion)

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #301 on: October 18, 2008, 11:29:13 AM »

U are having  a great round of games, which is why I don't know why u taint it by your avatar. Just makes u look kind of like a jackass to be honest.

I mean shit, u have a great shot at winning 2 of the 3 titles. that is something to brag about right there.

Yeah I am a Jackass at times.  But I know you are going to defeat me in the singles game and I already told you if you don't like my avatar pick a new one. You get that right, just go ahead and find one that your heart desires. Just pick it and we can move on.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #302 on: October 18, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »

Blowup and I were done the minute Cena went down, I think we all knew that. and looking back, I guess we didn't draft as good as we should.

Singles games are all about getting 1-2 PPV guys and the rest regular wrestlers through the week.

well, Blowup and I kind of did the singles strategy for Tag and we have no champs, not many PPV guys so we are screwed. PPV really distances teams apart cause if u have 4 PPV vs someone with 1PPV, thats hard to overcome. If we are ever partners again in the future, we won't make that mistake.

I am mad at Slash/Jim and Canadian Bacon though

If one of them get Carlito, u guys would be behind Slash/Jim and Canadian Bacon would be in the lead. U take 100 off your score and put that 100 on Canadian Bacon, they lead by 20 some pts.

People get too caught up in their "money" and saving it and saving it. I say for WHAT? to pick up a couple of divas in a lumberjack match at the last PPV to try and win? If u have a chance to grab a guy who is Guaranteed for tag belts, u grab him and thats using your money wisely. Not waiting around for 3 weeks to go in the game and try to steal measly SD spoiler pts.

Carlito has gotten over 100 pts already.

Hell, Hammy made it an  art form winning games by picking tag champs. See M and M in his singles game a while back.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 12:44:42 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #303 on: October 18, 2008, 01:22:12 PM »

They actually cared about teams more then.

MNM were the best team in WWE of the past 5 years, they were so highly touted they were regularly in the main event and during their run there were 6 or 7 teams on Smackdown alone.

Seriously these days, you can go months without defences.

I may be wrong but I do believe Ryder & Hawkins never defended the belts.

As for not picking Carlito, considering his rep for pissing people off it was a risk, it's easy to look back now and go, but he's scored 110 points.  It's quite a feat especially considering Carlito has a reputation as a talker.

You just don't know where they are going to go with things.  Look at Gregory Helms, he is talking and talking (and quite) funny but he ain't wrestling...yet.

I'm just sayin'

Wink
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #304 on: October 18, 2008, 02:47:29 PM »

They actually cared about teams more then.

MNM were the best team in WWE of the past 5 years, they were so highly touted they were regularly in the main event and during their run there were 6 or 7 teams on Smackdown alone.

Seriously these days, you can go months without defences.

I may be wrong but I do believe Ryder & Hawkins never defended the belts.

As for not picking Carlito, considering his rep for pissing people off it was a risk, it's easy to look back now and go, but he's scored 110 points.  It's quite a feat especially considering Carlito has a reputation as a talker.

You just don't know where they are going to go with things.  Look at Gregory Helms, he is talking and talking (and quite) funny but he ain't wrestling...yet.

I'm just sayin'

Wink
To be fair didnt the bidding on Carlito start after he and primo teamed up and beat the edgeheads in a non title match? I think that when we were all bidding, I mean me and GnR discussed how nice it would be to have both colons. I DONT THINK WE THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO BE TAG CHAMPS A WEEK LATER, we discussed and thought they would fued leading to a possible and I mean POSSIBLE title run. We threw down $150,000 on Carlito who wasnt gaurenteed anything at that point, our team looked so solid and we thought we could afford to drop a wad on 1 guy since our team didnt need much.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2008, 03:31:33 PM »

This game is far from over

We have only won something like 2 TV shows in this entire game and we have been lucky that we have done so well on PPV.

This game goes on til the end of the year so thats around 10 or 11 weeks which means there is 30 TV shows minimum still to go. so many points still to be played for. Its clear that Slash & Jim will have the champion after Cyber Sunday whatever so they will be strong whatever.

If They can match us on the rest of the PPV's in the year they will win, such is how well they score on TV. I mean its only 70 points.

And Canadian Bacon can still win, but they do need their Women to start defending on TV and every PPV left in the game.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2008, 06:24:15 PM »

And Canadian Bacon can still win.....................and every PPV left in the game.
That's a no then.

Cheesy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #307 on: October 21, 2008, 10:13:05 PM »

Raw
Candice Michelle, Charlie Haas, Deuce, Dolph Ziggler, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jamie Noble, Jillian, Katie Lea, Layla, Paul Burchill, Snitsky, William Regal

Smackdown
Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kenny Dykstra, Kizarny, Kung Fu Naki, Maryse, Natalya, Ryan Braddock, Scotty Goldman, Super Crazy, The Great Khali, Victoria, Zach Ryder.

ECW
Armando Estrada, Bam Neely, Gavin Spears, Hornswoggle, Ricky Ortiz, Tommy Dreamer.

Recurring Legends
Al Snow, Barry Windham, Bart Gunn, Bastion Booger, Bob Backlund, Brooklyn Brawler, Doink The Clown, Dusty Rhodes, Flash Funk, Gangrel, Gillberg, Hulk Hogan, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Kamala, Lita, Mae Young, Nikolai Volkoff, Iron Sheik, IRS, Pete Gas, Repo Man, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Ron Simmons, Scotty Two Hotty, Skinner, Steve Austin, Steve Blackman, Sgt. Slaughter, Sunny, Ted DiBiase Snr., The Goon, The Rock, Trish Stratus.

Injured/Inactive/Suspended/Released
Chuck Palumbo, DH Smith, Elijah Burke, Hardcore Holly, John Cena, Ken Kennedy, Melina, Paul London, Val Venis.

Non-Wrestling Recurring Characters
Eve Torres, Lena Yada, Matt Striker, Mick Foley, Ranjin Singh, Shane Mcmahon, Tazz, Tony Atlas, Vicki Guerrero, Vince Mcmahon.

RAW
Batista = 27
Kane = 10
Mark Henry = 10
Chris Jericho = 6
William Regal = 5
The In Crowd = 12 Each
CM Punk = 5
Kofi Kingston = 5
JBL = 12
"Stone Cold" Steve Haastin = 5
Kelly Kelly = 12
Candice Michelle = 12
Jillian = 5
Katie Lea = 5
Rey Mysterio = 12
Snitsky = 5

ECW
Shad Gaspard = 12
The Miz = 1
Jack Swagger = 12
Evan Bourne = 12
Finlay = 5
Mark Henry = 5

Canadian Bacon: Triple H, Big Show, Beth Phoenix, Kane, Boogeyman, Michelle McCool, Umaga, Ezekiel Jackson, Brie Bella, Maria ($140,000) = 10
Fan of Smackin' D with a Cowbell: Matt Hardy, Montel Vontavious Porter, John Bradshaw Layfield, Cody Rhodes, Santino Marella, Mark Henry, Randy Orton, Carlito, Shad Gaspard, Primo Colon ($75,000) = 39
slash666 & Jim: Batista, Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Finlay, The Miz, Kelly Kelly, Mike Knox ($240,000) = 80
Blowup D'z Nutz: Hurricane Helms, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Ted Dibiase, The Brian Kendrick, Jack Swagger, Mickie James, Vladimir Kozlov, Manu, Festus ($0) = 24
Team M.I.A: Edge, CM Punk, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Curt Hawkins, Shawn Michaels, D'Lo Brown, JTG
, Lance Cade, Chavo Guerrero ($240,000) = 17

1. Fan of Smackin' D with a Cowbell = 895
2. slash666 & Jim = 863
3. Canadian Bacon = 688
4. Blowup D'z Nutz = 488
5. Team M.I.A = 374
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #308 on: October 21, 2008, 11:42:11 PM »

Damn Gaunlet Match, I don't understand the point of what was going on, I understand the 3 bells for 3 matches. I hope we never see a train wreck like that.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2008, 03:06:27 PM »

slash666 & Jim: Batista, Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Finlay, The Miz, Kelly Kelly, Mike Knox ($240,000) = 80

You guys really get on my last nerve rant

[/color]

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #310 on: October 22, 2008, 03:15:43 PM »

Now just for the record when Shelton looses his US title to R Truth on Cyber Sunday. Its going to be on wwe.com exclusive and not on the actual event so will that count on the scoring system?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #311 on: October 22, 2008, 03:17:10 PM »

Now just for the record when Shelton looses his US title to R Truth on Cyber Sunday. Its going to be on wwe.com exclusive and not on the actual event so will that count on the scoring system?

No its not on the official PPV

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #312 on: October 22, 2008, 05:31:51 PM »

It WILL count, we do internet matches on wwe.com

We did Heat, we also had a Chuck Palumbo Smackdown bout which was website exclusive and let's not forget the Pre-Wrestlemania Battle Royal!

All were scored, like Internet Heat.

(+2) match, (+3) win.  Rest is the same, just like in the battle royal you still got (+5) for an elimination, title defense/win/loss points will be the same to.  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #313 on: October 22, 2008, 07:39:36 PM »

Im gonna be a broken record once again but imagine Carlito on Slash/Jim's team parked there in place of Kelly Kelly or Mike knox.

They'd have the game pretty much sealed.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #314 on: October 22, 2008, 07:54:03 PM »

They could also gain the big boast of being the only ones, in either the singles or tag game who have won the World Title without using ANY trades.   Wink
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #315 on: October 23, 2008, 01:15:17 PM »

We did Heat, we also had a Chuck Palumbo Smackdown bout which was website exclusive and let's not forget the Pre-Wrestlemania Battle Royal!

(+2) match, (+3) win.  Rest is the same, just like in the battle royal you still got (+5) for an elimination, title defense/win/loss points will be the same to.  ok

So its counting at a reduced points system?

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #316 on: October 23, 2008, 01:34:41 PM »

So its counting at a reduced points system?

Aye only thing reduced is the match and win points, as always.

So a Shelton retain would be 2+3 = 5+20 = 25.

An R-Truth win would be 2+3 = 5+30 = 35...Shelton losing then would be 2-10 = -8
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #317 on: October 23, 2008, 02:45:18 PM »

Despite leading in this game i can feel it slipping away. I don't know scores from SD this week but i'm pretty sure we'll be behind after Cyber Sunday and with our team not scoring so well on TV we need to score big on PPV and we seem to do worse every month on PPV.

Its funny i'm getting  this sinking feeling in both games. They both started so well but seem to be tailing off.

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #318 on: October 23, 2008, 05:24:08 PM »

Yeah, its why Tag Games are so unpredictable.

if u have a 100+pt lead in the singles game, it is HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDD for someone to come back

In tag game, where there are so many fucking wrestlers on each team

Check this out:

if Blowup and I could have 2 straight weeks of everybody on our team wrestling and winning, we'd have: 240 pts.

Lets say u guys have a bad couple of weeks with a lot of appearances etc. we could easily make up 150 points or so.

which is why tag games usually go down to the last PPV or so.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2008, 12:35:34 PM »

Yeah, its why Tag Games are so unpredictable.

if u have a 100+pt lead in the singles game, it is HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDD for someone to come back

In tag game, where there are so many fucking wrestlers on each team

Check this out:

if Blowup and I could have 2 straight weeks of everybody on our team wrestling and winning, we'd have: 240 pts.

Lets say u guys have a bad couple of weeks with a lot of appearances etc. we could easily make up 150 points or so.

which is why tag games usually go down to the last PPV or so.

Yeah you are right. But its an odd feeling coz despite being top i really think we're 2nd favourites. I think their is 3 PPV left and we need to gain like 200 points on Jim & Slash coz of the way they score on TV.

When the teams were picked i was condfident we had the best team but having not played the tag game that much i see how the game works differently. Things can turn around so fast.

I think we need MVP out of the doghouse and we certainly need our 5 champions defending their titles more. We currently have 3 more than Slash and Jim and we need them to really play big for us from now to December to overhaul them

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: