Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Burn Notice
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burn Notice  (Read 6967 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« on: August 30, 2008, 03:20:01 AM »

anybody on here watch this show besides me...Its on USA on thursday nights at 10 pm..its in its second season and everyone I tell to watch it winds up loving it.  Its very well done.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 01:18:48 PM »

I've been tempted to check it out since I heard Bruce "Boomstick" Campbell is in it.

What's the general gist of the show?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 03:28:01 PM »

ive been watching it since it first started. its a shame there's only 2 episodes left though   Undecided

(He's been blacklisted as a spy and dumped in his Miami hometown with no money or resources to his name, Michael works as a freelance spy/private investigator to fund his investigation into who burned him and why.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 03:30:26 PM by w.axl.rose » Logged
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 05:23:13 AM »

I've been tempted to check it out since I heard Bruce "Boomstick" Campbell is in it.

I say its a great show. Entertaining action and some great comedy moments mixed it.

I tell people all the time its Mcgyver meets the A-team. Because it has Mcgyver style moments and each week is a team of people helping someone out in Miami, while he continues to find out who burned him and why. I definetly recommend renting(if thats available for you) or buying season one.

ive been watching it since it first started. its a shame there's only 2 episodes left though   Undecided

2 episodes in season 2 right? I mean it hasn't been cancelled and the ratings have been good. Well at least the ratings were good when the second season premiered. Its a great show.

I also remember reading somewhere that the show is going the way of other usa shows by doing a short season in july and another in january.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 01:51:18 PM »

in season 2 right? I mean it hasn't been cancelled and the ratings have been good. Well at least the ratings were good when the second season premiered. Its a great show.

I also remember reading somewhere that the show is going the way of other usa shows by doing a short season in july and another in january.  smoking

i think thats what they are doing...i work for USA but I havent heard anything about what they are doing with it..its one of their highest rated shows so I wouldnt be surprised if they start splitting up the seasons...so far every episode has been good IMO..thats hard to find these days
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 05:00:22 PM »

yeah high times only two left in the season. maybe season 3 it will get its 20+ episodes.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 07:17:57 AM »

Yeah I am a big fan of THE Bruce Campbell myself and thought the same thing. How prominent of a role does he have? He's like a sidekick right?

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 01:45:04 PM »

Yeah I am a big fan of THE Bruce Campbell myself and thought the same thing. How prominent of a role does he have? He's like a sidekick right?

He's a co-star that shares substantial screen time. He has been on every episode thus far and he does play a "side-kick" role. I'm a fan of Campbell and he's doin great in Burn Notice.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 03:30:24 PM »

in season 2 right? I mean it hasn't been cancelled and the ratings have been good. Well at least the ratings were good when the second season premiered. Its a great show.

i think thats what they are doing...i work for USA but I havent heard anything about what they are doing with it..its one of their highest rated shows so I wouldnt be surprised if they start splitting up the seasons...so far every episode has been good IMO..thats hard to find these days

USA?  I swear I thought you said you worked for (MS?)NBC at some point.

Anyway, USA has some good shows.  My wife and I are faithful "Monk" watchers, which is a great show and is also nice because it doesn't match up with the network schedule of new episodes in the fall-spring, with nothing all summer.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 12:34:51 AM »

Anyway, USA has some good shows.  My wife and I are faithful "Monk" watchers, which is a great show and is also nice because it doesn't match up with the network schedule of new episodes in the fall-spring, with nothing all summer.

I work for NBC Universal...so I do work for USA, Sci Fi, CNBC, MSNBC,Bravo, and all the other ones that NBC owns....I am a faithful Monk watcher as well....Burn Notice is a great show though...that and Monk are my two favorites...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 08:23:30 AM »

I work for NBC Universal...so I do work for USA, Sci Fi, CNBC, MSNBC,Bravo, and all the other ones that NBC owns....I am a faithful Monk watcher as well....Burn Notice is a great show though...that and Monk are my two favorites...

Gotcha.  I always forget which network parents USA.  For some reason, I was thinking ABC. 

Didn't know that Sci-Fi was under the same umbrella.  Odd that the people who brought you the West Wing are also backing all those crappy B movies about mythical beasts on the loose.  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 03:02:43 AM »

Didn't know that Sci-Fi was under the same umbrella.  Odd that the people who brought you the West Wing are also backing all those crappy B movies about mythical beasts on the loose.  hihi

its both hilarious and scary that those shows actually pull in decent ratings...i dont know who is watching them but apparently someone is...
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 12:19:58 AM »

I love Burn Notice, I have seen every episode
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 11:08:20 PM »

NOOOOOOO. mid season is over. now i have to wait till winter till the new episodes.
Henson
Headliner

Need to see a revival tonight...

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 02:31:06 AM »

The new season starts Jan. 22 at 10/9C on USA.
They've finally put season 2 up on usa.com and Hulu so you can catch up on the action!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 10:28:53 AM »

Dont know if you guys are still watching this show, but this season has been great, only 1 real stinker!!

Cable hits "Burn Notice," "Royal Pains" renewed

By Nellie Andreeva Nellie Andreeva ? Wed Jul 29, 3:15 am ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) ? The summer's hottest cable series will be back. Sources said that USA Network has renewed its flagship action drama, "Burn Notice," and breakout freshman hit "Royal Pains."

The pickups come amid another sizzling summer for the basic cable network, which is wrapping up July as cable's most-watched network, finishing first in the second-quarter ratings race.

The Thursday combo of "Burn" and "Pains" has been the main driver of USA's ratings surge, with all fresh episodes of the series landing in the top 20 programs on ad-supported cable for the month.

On July 9, new episodes of "Burn" and "Pains" drew 7.1 million and 7.3 million viewers, respectively.

"Burn," starring Jeffrey Donovan, is being picked up for a fourth season. The show it helped launch, the Mark Feuerstein-starring medical soap "Pains," is being renewed.

peace
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 05:47:43 PM »

i love burn notice Cheesy dont really care for the other show though.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 09:53:37 PM »

Yeah me neither.... It kinda pisses me off its gotten higher ratings than BN hihi
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »

Yeah me neither.... It kinda pisses me off its gotten higher ratings than BN hihi

I know, that is insane to me.  No exaggeration, "Royal Pains" just might be the worst show to ever be put on on television.  "Note to self, become a doctor"...ugh Roll Eyes
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »

I know, that is insane to me.  No exaggeration, "Royal Pains" just might be the worst show to ever be put on on television.  "Note to self, become a doctor"...ugh Roll Eyes

Haven't seen it, but I have seen the previews...and hasn't that guy used that same "note to self" bit in other movies?  I could swear he does it in "40 Days and 40 Nights".

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: