Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:14:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?  (Read 50676 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2008, 05:25:34 PM »

Even without this document, there are other rumors pointing in the Q4 direction: The whole retail exclusive rumor, Rolling Stone mentioning November...

Then we have the facts: There's the new management team in place this year, a new track is already out in Rock Band 2 and the fact that people buy stuff around the holidays....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2008, 05:27:16 PM »

I guess there's an l.  Lips Sealed

found a similar image. it's a universal studios logo.

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2008, 05:55:02 PM »

Even without this document, there are other rumors pointing in the Q4 direction: The whole retail exclusive rumor, Rolling Stone mentioning November...

Then we have the facts: There's the new management team in place this year, a new track is already out in Rock Band 2 and the fact that people buy stuff around the holidays....
Exactly my thoughts...Don't trust the doc. but I still believe...all indications are SOON - still holding my breath for marketing to kick off  Lips Sealed and make it official!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2008, 01:24:05 PM »

This thread died pretty quick didnt it.    confused

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2008, 01:30:25 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo, do u think the Amazing numbers Metallica's new CD did will also help push CD out this year?

There is still obviously a HUGE market for legendary rock acts, GNR presumably have the same clout as Metallica especially after Metallica's clunker of St Anger and the Napster.

So this has to encourage Axl that CD could presumbably sell very very well.

only problem with Nov is, the stiff competition u are up against BUT, Axl will have the rock fanbase exclusively cause people who buy the other people's cds arent necessarily GNR fans anyway.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2008, 01:34:37 PM »

Jarmo, do u think the Amazing numbers Metallica's new CD did will also help push CD out this year?

I don't know. It's a very special album in many ways. That alone makes it stand out from many other albums.

But I guess the people at Universal Music might be following how other rock acts are selling....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2008, 01:39:27 PM »

Cause when u think about it

Metallica didnt have a world exploding single..... nothing in the top 100.

GNR's Chinese Democracy is so mythical and talked about whereas Metallica pretty much have a standard CD release.

So if they sell 500k in 3 days, CD absolutely would be between 500-750k for a full week presuming they have a nice release strategy and Im sure they will.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2008, 01:49:47 PM »

I was thinking on this also, after seeing the #s , surely, GNR will  should by every stretch of the imagination, meet , or imo surpass the #s of what MEtallica did. And not meaning in a competition way but just realist way.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
gav
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2008, 01:51:05 PM »

I'm thinkin March myself....but then what do I know? ok
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »

There is still obviously a HUGE market for legendary rock acts, GNR presumably have the same clout as Metallica especially after Metallica's clunker of St Anger and the Napster.
St. Anger...eeeewwwwww.  Only CD I have ever bought, and never made it through a full song.  Metallica sales look great, though, and with obvious acceptance - market is RIPE...Gn'R has the 'anything' Gn'R fans, the SCOM/NR fans, and now - hopefully, the SR fans.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2008, 02:44:09 PM »

Metallica have a very strong fanbase-aside from the whole Napster deal, Metallica have worked for years to build a strong and loyal fanbase by touring and so-on-I think it really has nothing to do with GNR-I think both bands have a very different fanbase than 15 years ago-I'm not sure if GNR has that strong of a fanbase to put up those numbers

libertad
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2008, 02:57:32 PM »

true. I don't think talica would draw as large audiences as GNR did in 2006/7 if they didn't constantly tour and so on.

hopefully, the SR fans.

me me me!
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2008, 07:41:52 PM »

Even if the document's real...it doesn't mean it's 100% definitive.  It may just be a tentative list of "prospective" releases.

I'm pretty sure Dr. Dre's album is getting pushed (because of the stuff with his son).  Eminem is still recording...so that's doubtful.

Isn't it all but confirmed that the label has the album?  But legal issues are holding it up?  If that's the case, it's not surprising that the label may be pushing to get it out by year's end...but that doesn't mean everything will fall into place for that to happen.  I would just take this with a grain of salt.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2008, 11:51:49 PM »

If the gnr album was going to be released this year,
and by going off of what Axl said about giving it the proper promotional time needed to market cd,
then we would have to start seeing the ball rolling at the very latest This time next month,
which would give the 2 months worth of promotion that cd needs in Axls eyes..

so we shall know in 30 days whether or not we can leave the milk and cookies out for the gnr's sack of toys!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2008, 12:32:23 AM »

Yeah, its awesome to know that in about one month, we are gonna know if CD is coming out or not.

So this board should be getting very interesting in the next 30 days.

Id say the deadline is October 15th

If we haven't heard anything by then....... I say we aren't getting it.

U have to have at least one month, although an Exclusive deal MAY not require that much time.

gunns1
Legend

« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2008, 02:22:58 AM »

Yeah, its awesome to know that in about one month, we are gonna know if CD is coming out or not.

So this board should be getting very interesting in the next 30 days.

Id say the deadline is October 15th

If we haven't heard anything by then....... I say we aren't getting it.

U have to have at least one month, although an Exclusive deal MAY not require that much time.

so I think it is safe to assume now , with the circumstances the way they are,
that it will be a "make" or "break " time  for a release this year,
if we hear soemthing within the next month,
otherwise a release would be rushed for it to be out this year,
And im sure Axl wouldn't want that

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2008, 09:58:04 AM »

You gotta love the eternal optimism of GNRs holdout fans. Newbies (anyone who's come along in the last five or so years) don't realize how long this has been going on ... how many half baked rumors got taken deadly serious here, thread page counts runnin up to the 100s or beyond. That anyone can still getting excited by unfounded release rumors ... in 2008 .... 9 years after Oh My God ... 7 years after Vegas and "Chinese Democracy Starts Now" ... 6 years after the first tour, the VMAs and "Round One," and the Philly walkout ... 4 years after the second tour ... 2 years after Axl's "by the end of the year" announcement on Eddie Trunk ... to still get excited without anything official from THE RECORD COMPANY .... wow, that is something to behold.  beer

I've seen enough.
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2008, 10:06:49 AM »

You gotta love the eternal optimism of GNRs holdout fans. Newbies (anyone who's come along in the last five or so years) don't realize how long this has been going on ... how many half baked rumors got taken deadly serious here, thread page counts runnin up to the 100s or beyond. That anyone can still getting excited by unfounded release rumors ... in 2008 .... 9 years after Oh My God ... 7 years after Vegas and "Chinese Democracy Starts Now" ... 6 years after the first tour, the VMAs and "Round One," and the Philly walkout ... 4 years after the second tour ... 2 years after Axl's "by the end of the year" announcement on Eddie Trunk ... to still get excited without anything official from THE RECORD COMPANY .... wow, that is something to behold.  beer

how do you stay so ... . optimistic!

Gnr have a new management team that are kicking ass,
Its been reported that negotiations are going well,
it will most likely be agreed to have a best buy exclusive..
shacklers revenge was just released on a game platform.
and now rumours around a november/december 2008 release

and all you can do is talk about the past which has no bearing on whether cd will be out this year or not,
so your point isn't really valid... hihi

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2008, 10:14:29 AM »

I talked about the future for a good 15 20 years before I started to notice that the past was telling me something.

I've seen enough.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »

/jarmo

These rumours don't mean anything. There have always been rumours and how many times have Rolling Stone or Amazon changed it's release date? They don't know anything more then us.

It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

Still no word from GN'R in regard to a new date so we have no reason to assume it's coming out this year.

The 'retail exclusive rumour' was never confirmed by the band. Maybe they thought about it, maybe not. Who knows?

How many months does it take to promote un upcoming album? If it's more than three, I doubt we'll hear Chinese Democracy this year. If it's just two months we should find out in the next two weeks.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:43:12 AM by suicide » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: