Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:54:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!  (Read 138513 times)
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #320 on: October 28, 2008, 08:30:02 PM »

CD has been #1 for four days straight on WKLQ in Grand Rapids, MI.  You can go to their web site and request the song.  The song with the most requests during the day gets the #1 spot for the countdown that starts at 5 PM est.  The next round of votes would begin tomorrow.

www.wklq.com

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #321 on: October 28, 2008, 08:39:16 PM »

CD has been #1 for four days straight on WKLQ in Grand Rapids, MI.  You can go to their web site and request the song.  The song with the most requests during the day gets the #1 spot for the countdown that starts at 5 PM est.  The next round of votes would begin tomorrow.

www.wklq.com

I don't see where you can request the song on the site.  Where is it?

Ali
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #322 on: October 28, 2008, 09:04:56 PM »

WKLQ has a toll free number for requests... 1-800-785-1073

Let's keep this #1

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #323 on: October 28, 2008, 10:02:16 PM »

My Local station isn't playing the song enough IMO. Haven't heard it for a while now and I want to be able to listen to it at work and what not. Email these people. Anna Zee makes the most sense to email.

http://www.q104.ca/default.asp?mn=1.58

Thanks Guys.

PS Please respectfully request it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:03:52 PM by axl2 » Logged

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #324 on: October 28, 2008, 10:20:57 PM »

I actually participated on 'The Barry Interesting Survey' on 102.1 The Edge Toronto. I had a happy, positive comment that he cut off. It seemed since he didn't care for the song personally, he only played the 'haters' responses and I posted as much on his blog and on the survey with the link above.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #325 on: October 28, 2008, 11:47:07 PM »

Pump Your Own Octane top 5 tonight, on Sirius Octane 20 was as follows.

5) Jet Black Stare ? Ready To Roll

4) Saliva ? Family Reunion

3) Five Finger Death Punch ? Stranger Than Fiction

2) Rob Zombie ? War Zone

1) Guns N? Roses ? Chinese Democracy

It's been #1 every night I've listened so far.  I missed last night and Friday, but I imagine it got #1 both those nights as well.  I missed the Real Rock 20, which they have every Sunday, so I'm not sure how it fared there or if it was even eligible since it came out midweek last week.  They re-air it tomorrow at 5, so I'll try and catch it then.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #326 on: October 29, 2008, 12:48:56 AM »

102.1 The Edge were taking phone calls for an hour here in Toronto and callers were ripping apart! Yeeeeoouch! People are commenting on the blog as well and you get the DJs take(I'll transcribe it here):

http://www.edge.ca/Blogs/BTsBlog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10012068

Six words I never thought I?d say: ?Chinese Democracy on 102.1 the Edge?. Is that six words? ?102.1? is a number. In word form its five I guess. One-oh-two-point-one. Could have gone with ?CFNY?. That?s not really a word either. Maybe just ?the Edge?. We?re off topic.

Chinese Democracy. Some music fans thought that would become a reality before Guns N? Roses released another song. HEY OH! Seriously though, it took forever for this song to come out.

Now it?s out. Do you like it? Was it even possible for this song to live up to it?s hype? Probably not. Jesus could?ve replaced Slash and there?d still be cynics, ?whatever, it?s not as good as his last resurrection.?

Let?s be honest though, the song isn?t that bad. Axl wails like we want him to. The guitar and drums are fist pumpin good throughout the verses. The chorus is weak. Axl goes too deep and there?s zero hook. As for the lead guitar?it?s not Slash. That might not be fair but that?s reality. It?s like watching Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards, ?hey look, MJ is wagging his tongue!? Yeah cool, but he?s 40 and the team blows.

Soda drinking Americans will love this song. Last March Dr. Pepper announced it would giveaway free cans of the beverage should GN?R release their LP before 2009. Dr. Pepper told MTV News that, while additional details will be forthcoming, the company's plan to distribute free cans of its product will involve some sort of an online coupon system.

So. Chinese Democracy is out and being played on 102.1 the Edge. The song is good. If it were released by Nickleback or Staind it would be a top 40 hit in rural Canada and America. The fact that Axl Rose sings the song and the name Guns N? Roses is attached to it takes it to the next level in main stream media. Ah the main stream, these waters are frigid. 

I think it's a fair review.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:56:11 AM by mr_yoshimaroka » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #327 on: October 29, 2008, 01:01:45 AM »

Axl goes too deep?  What an idiotic criticism that is.  Has this guy ever heard "It's So Easy"?

By the way, it doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses fits in with the rest of the format on the station.  So, let the arrogant alt rock snobs make their negative remarks.

Ali
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2008, 02:00:22 AM »

I text and email a request to KROCK in NYC everyday. The DJ's seem to be loving it.

The DJ tonight (forgot his name) said that apparently someone from Cypris Hill said this isn't "really" Guns n Roses anymore because Axl's the only one left from the original but the DJ doesn't care because people have been texting him all night to play the song (me being one of em) so he will.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2008, 06:58:48 AM »

where is the cagematch thingie where gnr won night after night with like 90%?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #330 on: October 29, 2008, 08:00:26 AM »

this song really does grow on you and I'm sure the more the "haters" hear it, the more tjey'll like it Tongue
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #331 on: October 29, 2008, 08:27:09 AM »

I remember when November Rain came out a lot of people were pretty vocally against it. Now it's an assumed GN'R classic. A few haters shows you're doing something different and against their expectations. Hooks and a poppy chorus don't work for every song and the lack of those elements obviously doesn't mean the band can't do those things. Critics forget that from time to time. For a 'cookie cutter' song it sure does a lot of easy things wrong!
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #332 on: October 29, 2008, 08:45:23 AM »

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #333 on: October 29, 2008, 08:55:40 AM »

where is the cagematch thingie where gnr won night after night with like 90%?

It only ran for the first week for some reason...CD never lost, but rather they chose new songs on Monday

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #334 on: October 29, 2008, 09:15:13 AM »

Thanks to everyone who sent in stations (italyfinest1985 thanks for the large group). 

excellent job making our voices heard! lets keep it up.........

SUPER FAN CLUB!

hehe..... boston....... *yawn*

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #335 on: October 29, 2008, 09:39:17 AM »

Now that's the proper way to respond.  Embrace the fans/potential listeners, don't turn against them.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

« Reply #336 on: October 29, 2008, 10:25:14 AM »

Now that's the proper way to respond.  Embrace the fans/potential listeners, don't turn against them.

Yeah, I think the DJ realized his boss played the wrong card.

neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #337 on: October 29, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »

Edge is a big station in Toronto,

They want to know if they should play Chinese Democracy

Go here to vote:
http://www.edge.ca/Blogs/Feedback/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10011679

I voted but we're only @ 49%  Embarrassed

The Edge is a HUGE Online Station and one of the biggest stations in Toronto which is the 4th biggest market in Canada / USA. We need to get this one higher!

ok

We were up in the 80% but now we're down to 64%
 Angry

Keep voting please!

They're going to be talking about Chinese Democracy in a few minutes. You can listen Online @ www.edge.ca then Click Listen Live @ the Top of the Page

And Keep Voting please!

ok

Down to 58% now.

WTF happened???
 Huh

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
italysfinest1985
Rocker

« Reply #338 on: October 29, 2008, 11:51:41 AM »

Ugh...does it ever end.

Huttz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #339 on: October 29, 2008, 12:08:01 PM »

102.1 The Edge were taking phone calls for an hour here in Toronto and callers were ripping apart! Yeeeeoouch! People are commenting on the blog as well and you get the DJs take(I'll transcribe it here):

http://www.edge.ca/Blogs/BTsBlog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10012068

Six words I never thought I?d say: ?Chinese Democracy on 102.1 the Edge?. Is that six words? ?102.1? is a number. In word form its five I guess. One-oh-two-point-one. Could have gone with ?CFNY?. That?s not really a word either. Maybe just ?the Edge?. We?re off topic.

Chinese Democracy. Some music fans thought that would become a reality before Guns N? Roses released another song. HEY OH! Seriously though, it took forever for this song to come out.

Now it?s out. Do you like it? Was it even possible for this song to live up to it?s hype? Probably not. Jesus could?ve replaced Slash and there?d still be cynics, ?whatever, it?s not as good as his last resurrection.?

Let?s be honest though, the song isn?t that bad. Axl wails like we want him to. The guitar and drums are fist pumpin good throughout the verses. The chorus is weak. Axl goes too deep and there?s zero hook. As for the lead guitar?it?s not Slash. That might not be fair but that?s reality. It?s like watching Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards, ?hey look, MJ is wagging his tongue!? Yeah cool, but he?s 40 and the team blows.

Soda drinking Americans will love this song. Last March Dr. Pepper announced it would giveaway free cans of the beverage should GN?R release their LP before 2009. Dr. Pepper told MTV News that, while additional details will be forthcoming, the company's plan to distribute free cans of its product will involve some sort of an online coupon system.

So. Chinese Democracy is out and being played on 102.1 the Edge. The song is good. If it were released by Nickleback or Staind it would be a top 40 hit in rural Canada and America. The fact that Axl Rose sings the song and the name Guns N? Roses is attached to it takes it to the next level in main stream media. Ah the main stream, these waters are frigid. 

I think it's a fair review.

Ya the station is playing it less and less each day... haven't played it once yet today and the day is already half over.

You can vote and comment on the song on their website here:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: