Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new single monday?? - Confirmed, "Better" debuts today 11/17
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new single monday?? - Confirmed, "Better" debuts today 11/17  (Read 68749 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #340 on: November 18, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »

They played Better on Norwegian radio today, also chinese democracy and Knocking on heavens..

Missed it! What did they say about it?

Well, only that it was the new GnR singel i think.. later today the same channel played Chinese Democracy, and then Knocking on h. d.

Cool ! they get alot of attention.. And tune in "Pyro" at 20:00 They will play Better today

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #341 on: November 18, 2008, 01:31:13 PM »

Man, I've been sick as a dick in a chicken (sorry Bucket) for the last 4 days, but I'll tell you what: Listening to the single with headphones on via the label's site was a beakon of good vibrations burning through my shroud of sickness. More than pleased to be viewing the leaks through the rearview. Thanks, Dr. Rose! "Better" works for me. yes
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #342 on: November 18, 2008, 04:27:53 PM »

Better does it more for me live than on the record.
Something about Axl jumping up and down on stage during the chorus that is more exciting to see than anything in listening alone.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #343 on: November 18, 2008, 04:49:49 PM »

Better does it more for me live than on the record.
Something about Axl jumping up and down on stage during the chorus that is more exciting to see than anything in listening alone.

MNW

Thant why nothing is better then live music.. when live shows are as good as GnR`s  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #344 on: November 18, 2008, 08:05:28 PM »

I just heard "Better" played on my local rock station for the first time. They put it up head-to-head in the evening cage match against some song by Theory of a Deadman (I think it was called "I Hate My Life" or some emo shit like that). The Theory of a Deadman song sucked ass, I thought. It sounded boring and generic, and a song that would usually make me switch to a different station had I not known "Better" was coming on afterwards.

But get this shit . . . the Theory of a Deadman song won by 78% of the vote!!! 78%!!!!!!!!!!!!! That pisses me off to no end. And back when the station debuted "Chinese Democracy," it lost head-to-head to that fucking Staind song, which also sucks huge amounts of ass.

Apparently the general public has zero taste in music. It disgusts me.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:44:30 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #345 on: November 18, 2008, 08:21:39 PM »

I just heard "Better" played on my local rock station for the first time. They put it up head-to-head in the evening catch match against some song by Theory of a Deadman (I think it was called "I Hate My Life" or some emo shit like that). The Theory of a Deadman song sucked ass, I thought. It sounded boring and generic, and a song that would usually make me switch to a different station had I not known "Better" was coming on afterwards.

But get this shit . . . the Theory of a Deadman song won by 78% of the vote!!! 78%!!!!!!!!!!!!! That pisses me off to no end. And back when the station debuted "Chinese Democracy," it lost head-to-head to that fucking Staind song, which also sucks huge amounts of ass.

We'll see if Theory of a Deadman is still playing music 20 years from now.  Somehow I doubt it.  Let them have their time in the sun.  It won't last long.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #346 on: November 18, 2008, 08:28:04 PM »

wow....thats more insulting to the listeners of that station more than anything else....just damn sad...i'm shocked listeners could be soo stupid??!! I only say that because those two bands are really...reallly bad!!!....i'm speachless...twighlight zone..... nervous
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 08:32:27 PM by dont_damn_me » Logged
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #347 on: November 18, 2008, 08:30:32 PM »

Chill out - it wondered by GNR if everyone liked it.  peace

And there goes the challenger...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #348 on: November 18, 2008, 10:40:33 PM »

Listen to Guns N? Roses Better

written by So Hood Magazine at November 18, 2008, 8:05 pm

Check out the second single ?Better? off the upcoming highly-anticipated release of Chinese Democracy from Guns N? Roses. There is nothing out right now on the radio, that is touching this song, plain and simple.

http://www.sohood.com/crib/2008/11/18/listen-to-guns-n-roses-better/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #349 on: November 19, 2008, 12:47:47 AM »

This was a great pick for a second single. It was nice to hear it on the radio the past to days. I was at the AC/DC show in Philly Mon and heard some talk about it.  ok

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #350 on: November 19, 2008, 10:11:33 AM »

Great song, though I personally prefer Chinese Democracy and would have run a little longer with that single, but I know I'm in the minority on that.  As most of you have mentioned, I love the added drums during the chorus; kind of similar to the chorus drums on The One Thing from INXS.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #351 on: November 19, 2008, 10:21:30 AM »

Great song, though I personally prefer Chinese Democracy and would have run a little longer with that single, but I know I'm in the minority on that.  As most of you have mentioned, I love the added drums during the chorus; kind of similar to the chorus drums on The One Thing from INXS.

CD is still being played on radio as far as I can tell.  I have yet to hear Better on the radio in CT or on Sirius.  I think "Better" was just sent to certain markets/stations to help get buzz going.  I wouldn't consider it a full blown single release though, at least not yet.  Regardless though, stations all across the world are gonna have 14 songs to choose from in a matter of days.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #352 on: November 19, 2008, 03:46:48 PM »

This is whay i fell in love with this band, it sounds amazing

RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2008, 04:47:49 PM »

They are playing Better in Boston on WAAF.  My wife says she hears it like 3 times a day while driving.

Ritz Reeves III
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2008, 05:39:24 PM »

It's still hard to believe we are finally here.  It's gonna be a great weekend  yes

prairieboy,

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2008, 05:46:50 PM »

I just heard "Better" played on my local rock station for the first time. They put it up head-to-head in the evening cage match against some song by Theory of a Deadman (I think it was called "I Hate My Life" or some emo shit like that). The Theory of a Deadman song sucked ass, I thought. It sounded boring and generic, and a song that would usually make me switch to a different station had I not known "Better" was coming on afterwards.

I saw Theory of a Deadman as an opening band earlier this year, they were pretty terrible.. but the next day I went to a gas station and met the whole band there, shook their hand, told them I was at the show the night before, and they invited me to a party.  They were pretty cool guys, I didn't go to the party though as we already had plans and didn't really want to bother them.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #356 on: November 20, 2008, 09:02:30 PM »

From Billboard.com

'The album's title track debuts this week at No. 34 on the Billboard Hot 100, the band's first appearance on the chart since "Sympathy for the Devil" in 1995.'

I just don't get this Better thing, is it an official single yet? It seems strange to release it now when CD is just hitting the charts, and with the album comming out, it will surely get some extra spins this week. (And where the hell is the CD video?)

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #357 on: November 21, 2008, 08:58:14 AM »

From Billboard.com

'The album's title track debuts this week at No. 34 on the Billboard Hot 100, the band's first appearance on the chart since "Sympathy for the Devil" in 1995.'

I just don't get this Better thing, is it an official single yet? It seems strange to release it now when CD is just hitting the charts, and with the album comming out, it will surely get some extra spins this week. (And where the hell is the CD video?)

I don't think "Better" is available to purchase as a single yet, though that will change when the whole album becomes available.  It was sent out to radio as an added push this last week leading to a release.  CD is still doing well and still getting plenty of airplay.  Metallica released 4 singles before Death Magnetic came out.  It's not uncommon, and doesn't necessarily detract from previous singles.  Both songs can still do well.  It's possible they could start to roll out the videos AFTER the album's release, maybe to help drum up more interst once things die down a bit.

badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #358 on: November 26, 2008, 07:21:54 PM »

I'm confused by the (apparent) new way albums are being promoted - Death Magnetic pretty much only has The Day that never comes played on UK radio (and in the charts) but 4 singles have been mentioned.

Is Better a single? It doesn't seem to be on the radio 1 playlist (ChiDem is still on the b list tho) and is not available separately.
Are there still physical CD single releases here in the uk - couldn't find any when i briefly checked hmv - I know last time i looked they were hidden at the back rather than in a big chart section at the front...

Is Chi Dem the official single still? Was Better just made available as a promo to play as 'an album track'?

Anyway, it'd be great if ppl could shed some light (in particular about the UK)

Back In Power
Chief
Legend

« Reply #359 on: November 26, 2008, 09:37:23 PM »

How's better doing on the charts?

i really have no idea what's going on!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: