Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 05:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy is the Official Soundtrack of the Grey Cup
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy is the Official Soundtrack of the Grey Cup  (Read 3671 times)
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« on: November 21, 2008, 12:57:48 PM »

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1=115&csid2=844&fid1=35005

The Grey Cup is Canada's version of the Superbowl. In Canada the Grey Cup gets better ratings than the Superbowl does.

beer

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Olorin
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 01:01:30 PM »

Nice picture   Grin
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 01:03:16 PM »

Lol, what a shoddy photoshop!!!
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 01:04:22 PM »

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1=115&csid2=844&fid1=35005

The Grey Cup is Canada's version of the Superbowl. In Canada the Grey Cup gets better ratings than the Superbowl does.

beer

Another article:

http://www.cfl.ca/article/tsn-most-extensive-grey-cup-coverage-ever

"Rock fans can also tune in for a sneak peak of Guns n? Roses highly-anticipated new album, Chinese Democracy. TSN will have exclusive rights to use selected tracks from the album throughout its Grey Cup programming on Grey Cup weekend. The album will be released in Canada on Grey Cup Sunday."

ok

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 01:05:35 PM »

Pretty cool!  Smiley

And there goes the challenger...
BFD
Headliner

Do you know where you are???

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 01:06:40 PM »

That is pretty cool.  It'd be even cooler if the Argos didn't shit the bed this year and were in the final.

"And I'll leave you lying on the bed.  With your ass in the air."
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 01:12:17 PM »

That is pretty cool.  It'd be even cooler if the Argos didn't shit the bed this year and were in the final.

Yeah no shit... fuckin' Argos go out and sign the league MVP and get worse!

riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 01:16:03 PM »

beer

huh....seems a little gimmicky for a monumental campaign. (my hometown team is in it-Calgary)

cant see them playing the best songs on there and the talking heads saying anything other than "huh, that was the new guns n roses....and, uhh...yeah, lets just play welcome to the jungle" football announcers probably arent the best people to be tasked with promoting a greater understanding of complex arrangements and musical ideas to people who just want to get drunk and watch football....
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 01:18:03 PM »

It's kind of cool that we'll get to hear it during the broadcast and that the 70,000 fans at the stadium can buy it at the stadium. IMO.

Plus this is TSN's first year broadcasting the Grey Cup so I'm sure that they'll want to do a great job.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 01:40:27 PM »

Good promotion, more reason to watch the Grey Cup!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 02:00:44 PM »

people complaining about lack of production Wink ... now lets see that video tonight  ok

v. ..
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 03:13:16 PM »

thats cool

i know this is off topic but how can it get more rattings then the superbowl if there are less people that live in canada then the US?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »

thats cool

i know this is off topic but how can it get more rattings then the superbowl if there are less people that live in canada then the US?

Ratings per country not overall ratings.  So more people in Canada watch the Greycup then the Superbowl on Avg.  (last year superbowl was slightly higher due to the historical implecations if the Pats had won)

Being a HUGE CFL fan having owning a share in my team and season tickets with the Riders I absolutely love this.  CANADA LOVES GNR. 

Now if only the Riders had left Bishop in T.O. ....
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »

Lol, what a shoddy photoshop!!!

They forgot the neck.  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 05:49:56 PM »

thats cool

I was only referring to in Canada. More Canadians watch the Grey Cup than the Superbowl.
If I remember correctly the Canadian Ratings for the Grey Cup are about ten times higher than the Canadian ratings for the Superbowl.

beer

Grasshopper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »

The Argos suck because they are in Toronto, for more information on this look at the leafs....losers since 67  rofl
But the Grey Cup should be awesome I hope Montreal wins.....man I miss the roughriders/renegades
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 10:41:30 PM »

The Argos suck because they are in Toronto, for more information on this look at the leafs....losers since 67  rofl
But the Grey Cup should be awesome I hope Montreal wins.....man I miss the roughriders/renegades

Yes the leaves suck. I hate them. But the Argos have won more Grey Cups than any other CFL team, so they hardly suck.

I think that Calgary is going to win but Montreal will have a huge home field advantage.

Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 06:08:33 PM »

Guns N' Roses the "Official Soundtrack? to the 2008 Grey Cup
11/21/2008 By Brock Thiessen

Just when we thought Axl Rose?s never-ending album saga couldn?t get any more ridiculous, we get this piece of marketing genius: Chinese Democracy has signed on as the ?official soundtrack? to the 2008 Grey Cup.

On Sunday (November 23), Gun N? Roses? ridiculously long-awaited album will be featured throughout the Grey Cup broadcast, with several tracks being televised nationally on TSN and RDS. Also, since Sunday marks Chinese Democracy?s official release day, football fans will be able to buy the record during the game at Montreal?s Olympic Stadium, making the album the first to be available for sale at a Grey Cup venue.

The press release was unclear, however, on how the sales will occur, but we can only hope that the vendors roaming the stands will be selling copies right alongside the usual beer, hot dogs and savoury snacks.

It?s also unclear whether Via Rail will try to capitalize on the promotion and test-launch its proposed download service so that fans can blast Chinese Democracy on the way to the big game.

To get you pumped, here?s a little help from the press release: ?Now the enormously influential GN?R is ready to rock once again? ? at the Grey Cup!

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 07:10:50 PM »

That is a funny picture of Axl though, like somebody said he needs a neck. I bet that if Axl did indeed have the Grey Cup in hand he would know how to stand it upright. Unlike what that idiot from def leppard did with the Stanley Cup this past Oct in Detroit.

TSN were the first ones to play a promo for Chinese Democracy if memory serves me correct, it was during a maple laffs game.

This will definitely be a huge promotional pay-off for Axl, should be a good game.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 12:49:02 AM »

ok for those interested on what promos were done during the game.  First this is just for the game the 2 plus hr pregame i did not watch

4 or mor ads from bestbuy featuring CD

-half time show one of the singers susie mcneal sang wearing a CD tank top it had the star logo with the red people hanging from it and CD gnr logo on it.

-Just before the 2nd half first half highlights cut to CD title track.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: