Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:30:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR press release (22/11/2008) - mostly regarding Dr Pepper
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR press release (22/11/2008) - mostly regarding Dr Pepper  (Read 5562 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« on: November 22, 2008, 04:27:25 PM »

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/081122/clsa902.html?.v=7

or

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Guns-N-Roses-Chinese-Democracy/story.aspx?guid=%7B2B845EF8-A053-46EA-8A8E-FD81E8D483F7%7D

PRESS RELEASE
Guns N' Roses, Chinese Democracy, November 23

Last update: 1:04 p.m. EST Nov. 22, 2008
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov 22, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Chinese Democracy has finally arrived. One of the most highly anticipated albums in rock history, Chinese Democracy will be in stores this Sunday, November 23rd. Guns N' Roses is ready to rock once again.
Chinese Democracy (Black Frog/Geffen Records) will be available on CD and vinyl (accompanied by a free digital download of the tracks) at Best Buy and Best Buy.com in the U.S., and digitally through iTunes.
For those who heard about Dr Pepper's offer to give each and every American a free can of soda if Chinese Democracy is released in 2008, Guns N' Roses wants to make sure every Guns N' Roses fan, and every other American, gets what was promised. The band is not involved in this promotion, but understood that every American (with a couple of exceptions) would get a free can of Dr Pepper. Apparently, only those who go to the soda company's Web site on Sunday, November 23 and sign up for a free 20 ounce soda coupon will get the free can. Guns N' Roses encourages all those interested to sign up for their coupon on Sunday, collect their drink and celebrate the release of Chinese Democracy!
SOURCE Black Frog/Geffen Records

enjoy!

v. ..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 04:35:21 PM by velimir » Logged
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 04:32:22 PM »

For a minute thought we have something new here. Like a new video...
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »

I was really suprised to see the Black Frog record label all over CD.    Never heard that name before.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 04:35:53 PM »

I was really suprised to see the Black Frog record label all over CD.    Never heard that name before.

I think I've heard of that company name before.  I could be wrong though....

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 04:36:40 PM »

Isn't Black Frog Axl Rose's new record label?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 04:37:26 PM »

yeah

black frog is Axl's publishing label

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 04:51:23 PM »

It's not really 'new'.  Black Frog has been around since at least "Oh My God".
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 04:54:01 PM »

Never heard of Black Frog, but it is smart for Axl to have his own publishing Co. That is where the real money is in the music business.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
wadey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 05:01:24 PM »

It's not really 'new'.  Black Frog has been around since at least "Oh My God".

i think its only the 'casual' fans that havn't heard of 'Black Frog' before.............think i just put myself up for the firing squad  rofl
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 05:10:00 PM by wadey! » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 05:07:35 PM »

Live Era was a Black Frog production!   Grin

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 05:27:52 PM »

Bet your ass I'm getting that Dr. P coupon.  Probably won't cash it in though cause it will have GNR something on it and I'll have to send it to Denmark.  But the kids are cashing theirs in, and the neighbors and my mother--lol.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 05:55:43 PM »

"with two notable exceptions..."    rofl rofl rofl  salt in the wounds!  i know those guys have enough money to buy their own sodas, but i just love it that everyone will be having fun and they'll be left out.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 06:26:50 PM »

"with two notable exceptions..."    rofl rofl rofl  salt in the wounds!  i know those guys have enough money to buy their own sodas, but i just love it that everyone will be having fun and they'll be left out.

you'll be having fun. with Matt Sorum, since I guess he's not excluded.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 12:40:27 AM »

Just claimed my free Dr. Pepper!

Now to wait 4 to 6 weeks.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 12:47:32 AM »

Just got registered for mine!

I'm making it a diet cherry vanilla!  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 01:03:03 AM »

Guns N' Roses wants to make sure every Guns N' Roses fan, and every other American, gets what was promised.

When I read the surreptitious Dr. Pepper "press release" regarding how people can redeem their "promised" soda, I couldn't be more disappointed. Basically, they were trying to come out of the situation in the cheapest possible way and even gaining something for themselves.

First off, that company didn't make any serious effort to make US residents aware that they are entitled to a free drink. That "press release" of theirs was distributed through shady or not so popular channels and was therefore certain not to reach any significant portion of the population. In fact, it only reached hardcore gn'r fans and people involved with Dr. Pepper. That's what? 0.1% of the eligible population. Not even casual gn'r fans heard about this unless hardcore fans told them. I'm not saying Dr. Pepper should've done an SNL commenrcial advertizing their offer, but for starters they could've posted the statement on their own official site and printed some sort of message on their packaging in Oct/Nov.

Second, for the few thousands of people who actually heard about this and may want to take advantage of the offer, they simply may not be able to do due to time limitations. That 24-hour period to sign up is simply ridiculous. Especially when it is on a Sunday when a lot of people travel or otherwise stay away from a computer and the internet. A grace period of at least a week would have been a lot more appropriate.

Third, the mere fact that people have to sign up and give away their personal information for a soda worth 50 cents is outrageous. Who in their right mind would risk being junkmailed for life for one free drink?

Lastly, that 6 week period to receive the actual cupon with which to redeem precious drink is just the top of the cream. I thought the whole point of this was to celebrate the release of Chinese Democracy. What good does the free Dr. Pepper do you if you get after New Year's?

Nice cop out fellows from Dr. Pepper. That said I am glad with the GN'R's press release above, hinting at how unjust the whole thing turned out to be for the fans and all Americans, and I am even more glad that GN'R has refused to have anything to do with Dr. Pepper's plans for this "promotion".

That said again, Dr. Pepper should have absoultely no reason to hate me for calling them out since I did contribute to their sales and unlike them kept on my promise in full when back in March I told my coworkers that if the album does come out this year I'd match the Dr. Pepper offer at a company level. Although, based on my preliminary polls, only 10% of people said they'd actually drink that "nasty stuff" as most call it, I made sure every single one of over 300 people get their free soda on their desk and be free to do whatever they want with it. Think about it, I could have bought 10 extra CD copies instead...but I had a promise to keep.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 02:06:03 AM by leatherebel » Logged

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 02:16:54 AM »

My Dr. Pepper is on it's way.
My copies of CD are on the way.
It's been a good night.

So, good night.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
GnRz
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 10:16:22 AM »

I tried to log into to DRPEPPER .com last night and their server crashed !!!!

I would love to here what the coupon looked like if anyone has a screen shot or something.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: