Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 12:02:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  WWE Game XI: Stable Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WWE Game XI: Stable Warfare  (Read 165047 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2009, 10:24:58 AM »

I have to say, I'm feeling better about this game than the last one. Hopefully Miz can keep his title through to Wrestlemania and Maryse isn't out for long and doesn't have to drop hers. A few title defences won't go amiss. Bring on game XI Cheesy

Oh, and cheers for the cash, Cowbell. greedy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2009, 10:38:11 AM »

And lets start the bidding on Natayla at 20 k. With Maryse possibilly hurt and out she's going to be the top Heel Diva and Diva Champion within weeks.
Almost forgotten about this, well she's yours...dropping and payment required, usual 7 days, although your a few days into that...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »

Drop Dave for Natty.

Hey Malcolm, we need a stable name too. How about since 3 of us 4 are HTGTH World Champions, 3 Are Former Tag Champions, and Powerslam Champion how about "Champions Of Wrestling" C.O.W. ok
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 03:38:36 PM by Mr Cowbell ? » Logged

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2009, 06:46:32 AM »

Raw
Goldust, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jamie Noble, Jillian, Layla.

Smackdown
Curt Hawkins, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kung Fu Naki, Nikki Bella, Ryan Braddock, Scotty Goldman, Victoria, Zach Ryder.

ECW
Bam Neely, Boogeyman, Chavo Guerrero, DJ Gabriel, Gavin Spears, Hornswoggle, Katie Lea, Paul Burchill.

Recurring Legends
Al Snow, Barry Windham, Bart Gunn, Bastion Booger, Bob Backlund, Brooklyn Brawler, Doink The Clown, Dusty Rhodes, Flash Funk, Gangrel, Gillberg, Honky Tonk Man, Hulk Hogan, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Kamala, Lita, Mae Young, Nikolai Volkoff, Iron Sheik, IRS, Pete Gas, Repo Man, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Ron Simmons, Scotty Two Hotty, Skinner, Steve Austin, Steve Blackman, Sgt. Slaughter, Sunny, Ted DiBiase Snr, The Goon, The Rock, Trish Stratus.

Injured/Inactive/Suspended/Released
Batista, Hardcore Holly, Kevin Thorn, Val Venis, Vince Mcmahon.

Non-Wrestling Recurring Characters
Alicia Fox, Eve Torres, Jerry Lawler, Jim Ross, Matt Striker, Michael Cole, Ranjin Singh, Rosa Mendez, Shane Mcmahon, Stephanie Mcmahon, Tazz, Theodore Long, Tiffany, Todd Grisham, Tony Atlas, Vicki Guerrero.

RAW
John Cena = 12
Shawn Michaels = 12
Randy Orton = 5
Chris Jericho = 5
Cody Rhodes = 12
Sim Snuka = 12
Cryme Tyme = 5 Each
Kelly Kelly = 12
Jillian = 5
The Miz & John Morrison = 12 Each
Rey Mysterio = 5
Kofi Kingston = 5
CM Punk = 12
William Regal = 6
Melina = 12
Goldust = 12
Beth Phoenix = 5
Santino Marella = 5

D: John Cena, Mark Henry, Evan Bourne, Ted Dibiase, Ken Kennedy ($120,000) = 12
Malcolm: Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Vladimir Kozlov, Candice Michelle, Maria ($120,000) = 17
slash666: Jeff Hardy, Montel Vontavious Porter, Finlay, Kelly Kelly, Manu ($120,000) = 12
Hammy: Triple H, Beth Phoenix, Kane, Ezekiel Jackson, Kizarny ($120,000) = 5
Timothy: Matt Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, Dolph Ziggler, Tommy Dreamer, Mike Knox ($120,000) = 0
High_times: Edge, John Bradshaw Layfield, Michelle McCool, JTG, D'Lo Brown ($120,000) = 5
Mr Cowbell: Natalya, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Mickie James, Ricky Ortiz ($100,000) = 5
BlowUpYourVideo: Chris Jericho, The Miz, The Great Khali, Maryse, Brie Bella ($120,000) = 17
Jim: Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Shad Gaspard, Festus ($120,000) = 22
Evolution: CM Punk, Melina, Carlito, Primo Colon, DH Smith ($120,000) = 24
sweet616: Undertaker, The Brian Kendrick, William Regal, Santino Marella, Sim Snuka ($120,000) = 23
Gnrfan: John Morrison, Jack Swagger, Hurricane Helms, Umaga, Charlie Haas ($120,000) = 12

1. Evolution = 24
2. sweet616 = 23
3. Jim = 22
4. BlowUpYourVideo = 17
=. Malcolm = 17
6. D = 12
=. Gnrfan = 12
=. slash666 = 12
9. Mr Cowbell = 5
=. Hammy = 5
=. high_times = 5
12. Timothy08 = 0

Stables

1. The Stable With No Name: Malcolm, BlowUpYourVideo, Mr Cowbell, Evolution ($460,000) = 63
2. The Dynasty: D, Jim, Hammy, sweet616 ($480,000) = 62
3. Supreme Machines: Gnrfan, high_times, slash666, Timothy ($480,000) = 29

Edit: I wish I didn't have to do this, as we have said before, hindsight is always 20/20.  Now when Evolution created this game, the #1 important aspect was it's meant to be fun, obviously everyone wants to win but you are meant to enjoy yourselves and not take things too seriously.  Without mentioning names, it's been made apparant to me, that the idea of "sharing" money in stables, will potentially cause a lot of friction, tension and so on.  The idea that someone won because someone had more money, due to friendships, or dare I say it, bribing someone, is just a little over the top, so its best that we do this now, the rule of sharing money in a stable is out, it's not permitted (and the switch already done has been reversed), I know its going against what we say changing the rules during a game but I hope people understand this is for a good reason, we bring in new rules and some work, some don't its better to realise sooner rather than later.  Stables are still competing, and can help give each other advice and so on.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:08:22 AM by Hammy » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2009, 12:27:48 PM »

*cuts JBL-esque promo about losing money in the current economic climate*

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2009, 12:37:50 PM »

I for one am very very happy about this decision

Being the resident heel, I wasn't looking forward to people giving one person their money just to stop me from getting Christian or somebody

I didn't want to bitch about it earlier, but I am very happy that was abolished cause the game should stay fair.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »

Stables

1. The Stable With No Name: Malcolm, BlowUpYourVideo, Mr Cowbell, Evolution ($460,000) = 63
2. The Dynasty: D, Jim, Hammy, sweet616 ($480,000) = 62
3. Supreme Machines: Gnrfan, high_times, slash666, Timothy ($480,000) = 29[/i]

Not the best start lads Cry

Edit: I wish I didn't have to do this, as we have said before, hindsight is always 20/20.  Now when Evolution created this game, the #1 important aspect was it's meant to be fun, obviously everyone wants to win but you are meant to enjoy yourselves and not take things too seriously.  Without mentioning names, it's been made apparant to me, that the idea of "sharing" money in stables, will potentially cause a lot of friction, tension and so on.  The idea that someone won because someone had more money, due to friendships, or dare I say it, bribing someone, is just a little over the top, so its best that we do this now, the rule of sharing money in a stable is out, it's not permitted (and the switch already done has been reversed), I know its going against what we say changing the rules during a game but I hope people understand this is for a good reason, we bring in new rules and some work, some don't its better to realise sooner rather than later.  Stables are still competing, and can help give each other advice and so on.

I can understand it but i will say now that i think it doesn't feel as much like teams this way. It feels like a singles game where you are linked with 3 others. I can undertstand why people like D doesn't like the rules coz he got first pick and has a team that he thinks will win. So the original rules are a big threat to him.

I think it for the best in the long run but i think it was fun we were trying somethinig new and i dont think its hardly any difference from the tag game now.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2009, 01:47:57 PM »

Shit, I was offering 20 dollars though pay pal for my team's points.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2009, 02:47:03 PM »

Shit, I was offering 20 dollars though pay pal for my team's points.

dude for 20 real bucks you can have all my fake money. I'll even throw in all my Monopoly money ok

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2009, 03:18:40 PM »

and i dont think its hardly any difference from the tag game now.
Well the teams have actually been picked equally by the members for starters.  Tongue

And take this for a scenario, you are out of money and in 1st.

slash666 is in last with his whole pot left, and you see someone new debut on tv, and since he's your stable mate, and you know he's not a threat to you, you PM him and say "Hey dude, you should try and get ****, he'd be good for our stable".

But yeah, the idea of people spending REAL money to win this thing, that's just taking things a bit too far and too seriously.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »

Good concept just too much controversy

I mean i lead the world title race 3-2-2 over Hammy and Malcolm

Would be a shame to extend that lead or get tied due to them having hundreds of thousands of dollars more than me and seeing as nobody is gonna give my ass any money, it has a lot of unfairness.

people need to use their money to help the stable.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2009, 05:17:44 PM »

Well the teams have actually been picked equally by the members for starters.  Tongue

slash666 is in last with his whole pot left, and you see someone new debut on tv, and since he's your stable mate, and you know he's not a threat to you, you PM him and say "Hey dude, you should try and get ****, he'd be good for our stable".

But yeah, the idea of people spending REAL money to win this thing, that's just taking things a bit too far and too seriously.

I ain't no wooden spoon!  hihi

Nah I agree with what your saying, it makes things more fair and in truth the most deserving player will win. (unless it's D Tongue)

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2009, 08:10:18 PM »

Oh Come On, I actually thought sharing the money made it alot more fun.  Personally in this game I dont have a shot at winning anything as My first pick was hurt AGAIN before it even started atleast I had my money to share so we could win as a stable.  I think trying to sell money for real money is bad.  I mean come on its just a game afterall.  I think everyone here knows D loves the reversal of rules, because his whole team is full of hurt/injured.. stars and if my 3 stablemates had more cash and no one wanted to cough some up to him, he couldnt replace any of them with a great debuter. If we can't share cash, how about letting stablemates trade wrestlers within each other. I mean if all 4 stable mates agree in a trade why cant we trade wrestlers within stables, or does that go back to a win in this game being marked with an asterick and D having an Unfair advantage.  The last game was great with the introduction of TNA, with this game we should have another great introduction. The stables idea was great, when hammy a few months back talked about eliminating the tag game for awhile i suggested we have the tag game within the singles game.

Now it seems we are just in a singles game , which can be fun, but with my team I am more like Vincent / Brutus Beefcake of the NWO, I know I aint going to win nothing but I am there to help the others by any means neccesary. I wouldnt have bid on Natalya and gave away money if I knew this game was going to be changed back, I thought once he got hurt I mines as well give some cash now and more later if they need it and pick up some jobber for my team.  I think since I cant help my teammates I would just like Bastita back and my money any just wait for a debuter and throw all my wad since I cant help my teammates bid.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2009, 08:29:33 PM »

I think we should have two seperate games

a stable game and a singles game

Let the stable game do whatever

U can trade guys, money whatever but it only counts as a stable title and not a singles title.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2009, 08:58:24 PM »

Fair point you can have Dave back, and with that, we are done and things can carry on  ok

As for two seperate games, I have no desire to start up a seperate game at this point, with Powerslam Predictions returning and one WWE Game, it's more than enough for me, if somebody else wants to start something, feel free.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2009, 06:16:55 AM »

Raw
Goldust, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jamie Noble, Jillian, Layla.

Smackdown
Curt Hawkins, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kung Fu Naki, Natalya, Nikki Bella, Ryan Braddock, Scotty Goldman, Victoria, Zach Ryder.

ECW
Bam Neely, Boogeyman, Chavo Guerrero, DJ Gabriel, Gavin Spears, Hornswoggle, Katie Lea Burchill, Paul Burchill.

Recurring Legends
Al Snow, Barry Windham, Bart Gunn, Bastion Booger, Bob Backlund, Brooklyn Brawler, Doink The Clown, Dusty Rhodes, Flash Funk, Gangrel, Gillberg, Honky Tonk Man, Hulk Hogan, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Kamala, Lita, Mae Young, Nikolai Volkoff, Iron Sheik, IRS, Pete Gas, Repo Man, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Ron Simmons, Scotty Two Hotty, Skinner, Steve Austin, Steve Blackman, Sgt. Slaughter, Sunny, Ted DiBiase Snr, The Goon, The Rock, Trish Stratus.

Injured/Inactive/Suspended/Released
Hardcore Holly, Kevin Thorn, Val Venis, Vince Mcmahon.

Non-Wrestling Recurring Characters
Alicia Fox, Eve Torres, Jerry Lawler, Jim Ross, Matt Striker, Michael Cole, Ranjin Singh, Rosa Mendez, Shane Mcmahon, Stephanie Mcmahon, Tazz, Theodore Long, Tiffany, Todd Grisham, Tony Atlas, Vicki Guerrero.

ECW
Jack Swagger = 12
Finlay = 5
Katie Lea Burchill = 12
Alicia Fox = 5
Boogeyman = 12
Matt Hardy = 12
Mark Henry = 5

D: John Cena, Mark Henry, Evan Bourne, Ted Dibiase, Ken Kennedy ($120,000) = 5
Malcolm: Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Vladimir Kozlov, Candice Michelle, Maria ($120,000) = 0
slash666: Jeff Hardy, Montel Vontavious Porter, Finlay, Kelly Kelly, Manu ($120,000) = 5
Hammy: Triple H, Beth Phoenix, Kane, Ezekiel Jackson, Kizarny ($120,000) = 0
Timothy: Matt Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, Dolph Ziggler, Tommy Dreamer, Mike Knox ($120,000) = 12
High_times: Edge, John Bradshaw Layfield, Michelle McCool, JTG, D'Lo Brown ($120,000) = 0
Mr Cowbell: Batista, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Mickie James, Ricky Ortiz ($120,000) = 0
BlowUpYourVideo: Chris Jericho, The Miz, The Great Khali, Maryse, Brie Bella ($120,000) = 0
Jim: Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Shad Gaspard, Festus ($120,000) = 0
Evolution: CM Punk, Melina, Carlito, Primo Colon, DH Smith ($120,000) = 0
sweet616: Undertaker, The Brian Kendrick, William Regal, Santino Marella, Sim Snuka ($120,000) = 0
Gnrfan: John Morrison, Jack Swagger, Hurricane Helms, Umaga, Charlie Haas ($120,000) = 12

1. Evolution = 24
=. Gnrfan = 24
3. sweet616 = 23
4. Jim = 22
5. BlowUpYourVideo = 17
=. Malcolm = 17
=. D = 17
=. slash666 = 17
9. Timothy08 = 12
10. Mr Cowbell = 5
=. Hammy = 5
=. high_times = 5

Stables

1. The Dynasty: D, Jim, Hammy, sweet616 ($480,000) = 67
2. The Stable With No Name: Malcolm, BlowUpYourVideo, Mr Cowbell, Evolution ($480,000) = 63
3. Supreme Machines: Gnrfan, high_times, slash666, Timothy ($480,000) = 58
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 06:18:54 AM by Hammy » Logged
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2009, 01:10:21 PM »

I think its the right call i said that before. But we all know who moaned about it! its not a great mystery. and we know why!

Hammy puts alot of work in to make this game as cool as it is and i'm not gonna get negative about him or a game i play for fun. From a personal point of view i was liking the stable thing because i dont think i can win with my team and i was hoping the stable thing would become my primary aim.

1. Evolution = 24
=. Gnrfan = 24

Fuck Yeah!

Stables

1. The Dynasty: D, Jim, Hammy, sweet616 ($480,000) = 67
2. The Stable With No Name: Malcolm, BlowUpYourVideo, Mr Cowbell, Evolution ($480,000) = 63
3. Supreme Machines: Gnrfan, high_times, slash666, Timothy ($480,000) = 58[/i]

Well we're back in it lads Wink

Also thought this was interesting. This is how many brand superstars each Stable has:

Dynasty:

RAW =     10
SD! =       8
ECW=   2

Stable With No Name

RAW      = 9
SD!    =  10
ECW  =1

Supreme Machines

RAW  = 8
SD! = 7
ECW  = 5

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2009, 01:31:38 PM »

For the record and u can ask Hammy, I never made any objections to the rules.

something about Gnrfan's post screamed like he was talking about me and I don't mind the money sharing as long as U don't mind that I will be paying my teammates real money for their pts.

I think u all are being moronic over this shit anyway

It is still a STABLE game.  what is the difference in let's say Jim picking up Christian instead of lending me 20k so I can pick up Christian? as Long as a teammate gets the wrestler, the wrestler will help your stable regardless of whose team he is on.

U just have to stay on your teammates ass to pick up a wrestler.

there is also plenty of strategy left.

Let's say Hammy and Malcolm are battling for the singles title.

lets say Hammy has 40k, Malcolm has 50k and I have 60k

lets say I am near the bottom and out of contention.

there is a Diva battle royal and it is so close, that basically if Malcolm picks up this diva, he will beat Hammy and our stable.

I could always, bet my 60k and block someone else from winning that wrestler thus helping my teammate and winning the stable game.

Also, credit where is credit is due, Evolution,Hammy,Myself, Jim and everyone that plays makes this game great. I know all 4 of us have came up with a lot of the great rules and have tweaked the game to make it damn near perfect.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:36:17 PM by D » Logged

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2009, 01:51:28 PM »

I think u all are being moronic over this shit anyway

It is still a STABLE game.  what is the difference in let's say Jim picking up Christian instead of lending me 20k so I can pick up Christian? as Long as a teammate gets the wrestler, the wrestler will help your stable regardless of whose team he is on.

U just have to stay on your teammates ass to pick up a wrestler.

there is also plenty of strategy left.

Look i can't say it any clearer. I agree with the changes. There are some things wrong with the game now IMO but i think its better than it was. and if Hammy wants to know what i think i'll be happy to IM him.

Now lets just get on with the game for gods sake.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 02:03:24 PM by Gnrfan » Logged

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2009, 04:03:58 PM »

no, u jumped to conclusions thinking I bitched to Hammy about the money and I didn't.

I don't like being wrongly accused.

U all should know me way better than that by now anyway

I think I've made it pretty clear from the time u guys have known me that if I have a problem, i am the first to post it and all its glory for everyone to read.

If I didn't like the rule, trust me, u would've seen a big ass rant like i usually do.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: