Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:05:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dexter tonight at CD.com (December 13th)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dexter tonight at CD.com (December 13th)  (Read 40102 times)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2008, 01:24:02 PM »

how did it work last night?

Did people send in questions and he answered like he did here?

or was there a thread with a shit load of questions and he answered what was already asked?

Axl better be careful. he will get hooked on this message forum stuff! hihi

Hehe, for real. Good to have him around though.
Well, he started a thread and said "Who wants to chat" and went systematically page by page, but gave up on like page 13 after 7 hours lol. He ignored all the pre-posted questions, thank God. That way different people will have the chance to talk to him every time (hopefully).

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2008, 01:24:48 PM »

Quote from: Dexter @ CD.com
Quote from: TWT (free at last...) on Today at 12:18:31
And the Dexter TV show, hopefully. Maybe Six Feet Under as well. Oh, wait! Axl, I find the verses on Shackler's Revenge to remind me of The Sopranos theme tune in certain ways. Should they do? Furthermore, any chance of getting the complete album on Rockband? That would be swell. I've done SR on expert, so if you're looking for a guitarist, PM me.

Edit: Shit, I just saw the above post in red. We'll have to find out the answer to that one another day 

Never thought of that w/the Sopranos but a big fan of that song. And I think that's a yes on Rockband.

The whole album for Rock Band!!  beer  beer

That's fucking great !!!  I can't wait
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2008, 01:26:43 PM »

Quote from: Dexter @ CD.com
Quote from: TWT (free at last...) on Today at 12:18:31
And the Dexter TV show, hopefully. Maybe Six Feet Under as well. Oh, wait! Axl, I find the verses on Shackler's Revenge to remind me of The Sopranos theme tune in certain ways. Should they do? Furthermore, any chance of getting the complete album on Rockband? That would be swell. I've done SR on expert, so if you're looking for a guitarist, PM me.

Edit: Shit, I just saw the above post in red. We'll have to find out the answer to that one another day 

Never thought of that w/the Sopranos but a big fan of that song. And I think that's a yes on Rockband.

The whole album for Rock Band!!  beer  beer

That's fucking great !!!  I can't wait

yeah that would be awesome to play Chinese Democracy on Rockband 2 ! I would probaly lock myself in my house for a couple of days  hihi

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2008, 01:32:28 PM »

thanks Smiley

NP.

I hope it's possible to notify HTGTH user in advance next time like they did over at CD.com Smiley

Did We Notify Anyone?Huh I mean i got a phonecall from blueheart because im part of the team, the only reason we had some questions was because of a cock up yesterday with email verifications, and Axl said he would come back, but we wasnt sure when.

Been a fun few hours though

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
Thin Izzy
Opening Act

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2008, 01:36:30 PM »

I don't know if Axl will look at this, but I have a few questions that no one seemed to ask.

1. Who cares about contact with Slash and Duff...Have you had any contact with Stephanie or Erin? I read over the years that a lot of the album was directed at Stephanie which was apparent when I heard all the songs. Was this the only closure you needed or would you like to talk to her? Still angry at her? I read an interview in which you said that you hope someday Dylan listens to the CD so that he hears both sides of the story...Ever made an attempt to have lunch with Dylan or something of that nature now that he's old enough to make his own decisions?

2. Izzy toured Europe with the band in 06 playing 3 or 4 songs a night....Why didn't he rejoin the band fulltime? Izzy is the only member I care to have return because of the connection the 2 of you have while writing. CD is not really his style of music, but what is the reasoning that Izzy isn't a member of the band? He obviously got along with the new guys and you two seem to get along well. Was it because of his distaste for fame?

3. What are your feelings towards the fans that show up at your house? An invasion of privacy? I've read a few GnR books that all stated that you used to go out and say hi occasionally, but not anymore. I got a GnR tattoo about 2 years ago and tried to have you sign it this summer to get it tattooed over. I came to your house in July and Beta told me you were in Jersey. It was actually over the 4th weekend. Anywho...being the GnR historian that I am, I knew it was Beta when I buzzed and ended up convincing her to come chat and take pictures with me. She told me that my tattoo was the most unique she had ever seen and took a picture on her blackberry. I've been meaning to write a thank you note to her, but don't want to invade any boundaries. Wondering if she ever showed you the picture and what you thought.

4. Read that you used to have Fernando drive you to movies a lot. Top 3 favorite movies?

5. You've been seen wearing hockey jerseys...actually a fan or just like the jerseys? Favorite team? Do you ever go to ducks or kings games?

6. PLEASE DON'T SKIP MN ON THE TOUR!!!!!!!! I WOULD BE DEVASTATED!
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2008, 01:40:42 PM »

I missed all the fun, but who cares, any question I would have thought of was asked.  I wonder if he's gonna hit any other sites?

prairieboy,

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2008, 01:42:04 PM »

What are your feelings towards the fans that show up at your house? An invasion of privacy? I've read a few GnR books that all stated that you used to go out and say hi occasionally, but not anymore. I got a GnR tattoo about 2 years ago and tried to have you sign it this summer to get it tattooed over. I came to your house in July and Beta told me you were in Jersey. It was actually over the 4th weekend. Anywho...being the GnR historian that I am, I knew it was Beta when I buzzed and ended up convincing her to come chat and take pictures with me. She told me that my tattoo was the most unique she had ever seen and took a picture on her blackberry. I've been meaning to write a thank you note to her, but don't want to invade any boundaries. Wondering if she ever showed you the picture and what you thought.

Shocked

ummm, probably doesn't like it too much.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2008, 01:43:02 PM »

Sorry  (no pun intended) if this has been brought up.

Reading the transcript of the CD.com interview with Axl, he mentioned after a question regarding the song "The General" that we might have already heard a part of the song.

This really intrigued me, since this is a song all of us are dying to hear. 

He mentioned in another Q/A section that "Checkmate" is not a song, however he did not rule out that the piece was not a GNR song.

Could the snippet we have heard of "Checkmate" actually be "The General?

All thoughts are welcome, but this is the only plausible I personally have considering his response that we could have heard a part of this song.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2008, 01:46:14 PM »

Axl is the man. That is all.  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2008, 01:53:05 PM »

There was a Q in CD.com about Izzy, but Axl didn?t arrive to it.  Cry

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2008, 02:08:28 PM »

All thoughts are welcome, but this is the only plausible I personally have considering his response that we could have heard a part of this song.
Or it could be a song done like Madagascar.  Prior to it's first performance he could of said that about the song in reference to, having heard the MLK speech or seen the film Casualties of War.

By having heard parts of it elsewhere he could be referring to having heard a part of the song that is taken from a movie, speech etc.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2008, 02:35:28 PM »

this rules!!! i hope to not miss it next time!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Sixxguns
Opening Act

« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »

HI Axl,
How can you remain sane with all this sea of madness and people around you man Huh
(No one need the pain,no one need the sorrow,if you need a shoulder),rocket queen my favorite.
 Anyway,I like the album ,but for my part i like the heavier songs ,Better,catcher,IRS and prostitute,
Why did you do the rest of the album with Quiet Songs Huh?
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2008, 02:59:10 PM »

I don't know if Axl will look at this, but I have a few questions that no one seemed to ask.

1. Who cares about contact with Slash and Duff...Have you had any contact with Stephanie or Erin? I read over the years that a lot of the album was directed at Stephanie which was apparent when I heard all the songs. Was this the only closure you needed or would you like to talk to her? Still angry at her? I read an interview in which you said that you hope someday Dylan listens to the CD so that he hears both sides of the story...Ever made an attempt to have lunch with Dylan or something of that nature now that he's old enough to make his own decisions?

Kind of the 50,000 lbs. gorilla in the room in a lot ways IMHO. Anyone who's been in love knows that you don't ever really 100000% get over somebody once it ends. More like you gradually come to terms with the new reality (being apart) over time.

I remember Baz mentioning Stephanie (in passing) in the '06 Eddie Trunk interview and Axl seemed cool with it though. I personally find the "This I Love" and "Prostitute" outro on the album very therapeutic and a "closing of chapters" of sorts...

Would be cool to hear Axl's thoughts on all this though- but completely understandable if he has no desire to "go there" except through the beautiful music he has created. ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2008, 03:23:43 PM »

He mentioned in another Q/A section that "Checkmate" is not a song, however he did not rule out that the piece was not a GNR song.

I assumed that's what he meant when he said we may have already heard parts of it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2008, 03:24:58 PM »

Remember the awesome guitar interude the guys  would play on the 02 tour I think it was? Could that possibly be the General?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2008, 03:28:19 PM »

Possibly.  any of the jams really could be part of songs that we haven't heard yet...

Remember the awesome guitar interude the guys  would play on the 02 tour I think it was? Could that possibly be the General?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Erin
Opening Act

« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »

Thank you to the person who posted this for us. Once again, I missed Axl online. It's nice to come in and be able to catch up and see it all in one, nice clean form.
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2008, 04:08:34 PM »

Let the speculation begin about The General

I'm thinking it may be the opening part of Bucket's solo after he did the nunchuks/robot dance routine.  You know, the part that has the big, ominous drums by Brain and Bucket's playing kind of a mean, slower piece on his guitars.  It was the only part of Bucket's solo routine I didn't recognize as either one of his solo songs or a cover of another song

I'm also wondering what the song he played leading into NR at the Boston and NYC shows in 2002 was.  That was an awesome sounding piece, very majestic

It's definetly the little leak "Checkmate".
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2008, 04:08:58 PM »

Damn, now we gotta go back through all the shows and listen

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: