Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:08:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?  (Read 20040 times)
eddiesson
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2009, 08:06:55 PM »

no joke.  i actually have quite  few friends (assholes) that don't like the new album.

how old are you? 5?
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2009, 09:52:38 AM »

It's been answered a dozen times, but, hey, my two cents:

... What the hell? They rib you, you rib them back. Everyone likes something that you're guaranteed to think sucks. At least, that's how it is for me and vice versa. I don't actually take offense to the comments made about Axl or GNR, but if I can defend it, I will. If I can't, I go, "Wait a second... didn't you actually go see Mamma Mia in theaters? Yeah, why don't you sit on down there" or something along those lines, depending on the friend in question and their interests.

This thread has given me the laugh I needed today. Thanks, guys.

look man, i can't believe i am having to defend my fandom on a supposed fan site, but whatever.  the things they said wen WAY beyond ribbing. they were constantly making fun of axl, which okay i get it.  but they also made fun of the music.  and we know there's no wway someone could make fun of music this amazingly beautiful and touching unless they're just trying to be a hater who tears axl down.

they said very ugly, hurtful things.  and not just once, but over and over to the point that it would make me not want to talk to them.  the things they said were so bashing that they would have been banned from this forum in a SECOND!  so if saying that stuff gets you banned from the forum, why shouldn't it get you banned from my life?  life is too short to waste it on negative asshole hater fuckheads who only see the worst in situations and try to spread there misery around. 

if you guys are going to try and make fun of me,  A FAN, for defending my favorite band, then why don't you make fun of jarmo or any of the mother mods for defending the band against the same kind of assholes?  you're hipocrites.  and what's worse, you don't even have the honor or decency to defend your friends or people you admire from attacks.  wow... that says volumes about you guys. 

to those who offered support, thanks.  it's nice to know that there are still some cool people out there who understand what it's like to support a band.
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2009, 11:13:07 AM »

... What the hell? They rib you, you rib them back. Everyone likes something that you're guaranteed to think sucks. At least, that's how it is for me and vice versa. I don't actually take offense to the comments made about Axl or GNR, but if I can defend it, I will. If I can't, I go, "Wait a second... didn't you actually go see Mamma Mia in theaters? Yeah, why don't you sit on down there" or something along those lines, depending on the friend in question and their interests.

look man, i can't believe i am having to defend my fandom on a supposed fan site, but whatever.  the things they said wen WAY beyond ribbing. they were constantly making fun of axl, which okay i get it.  but they also made fun of the music.  and we know there's no wway someone could make fun of music this amazingly beautiful and touching unless they're just trying to be a hater who tears axl down.

they said very ugly, hurtful things.  and not just once, but over and over to the point that it would make me not want to talk to them.  the things they said were so bashing that they would have been banned from this forum in a SECOND!  so if saying that stuff gets you banned from the forum, why shouldn't it get you banned from my life?  life is too short to waste it on negative asshole hater fuckheads who only see the worst in situations and try to spread there misery around. 

if you guys are going to try and make fun of me,  A FAN, for defending my favorite band, then why don't you make fun of jarmo or any of the mother mods for defending the band against the same kind of assholes?  you're hipocrites.  and what's worse, you don't even have the honor or decency to defend your friends or people you admire from attacks.  wow... that says volumes about you guys. 

to those who offered support, thanks.  it's nice to know that there are still some cool people out there who understand what it's like to support a band.

for one, it doesnt take much to get banned from this forum.  my friend, who axl rose himself, once  thought was the funniest poster on this forum, got banned for making fun of a particular mod who contstantly swings from axl's nuts.  ironically, this poster is the biggest AXL ROSE fan and GNR fan i have ever known in real life.  we sat around on christmas eve with some guys playing poker and listened to chinese democracy in its entirity on repeat all night, a particular couple people at the party were saying how it wasnt really guns n roses, my friend argued how it's axl's name, axl's band, axl has always been the primary song writer (aside from izzy), etc.  my friend didnt kick him out of his house for having a different view, and eventually, the topic changed to something else.  no big deal.  the point is, it doesnt make you a fan for constantly swinging on axl's nuts and defending his every move without hesitation, it makes you a sheep.  i am gonna guess that axl himself wouldnt respect you anymore for defending his every move, and i'm gonna also guess he doesnt surround himself with a bunch of "yes men", who are just there to tell him how awesome every fucking idea is that comes out of his mouth.  there is a line between being a fan and being a fanatic.  just visit mark david chapman in prison and ask him.

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »

they said very ugly, hurtful things.  and not just once, but over and over to the point that it would make me not want to talk to them. 

that's not proper for them to say very ugly and hurtful things about people, gnr or not, they know a fat lot. Why did you make friends with such nasty people in the first place? Are they like 5 yrs old?

i'm gonna also guess he doesnt surround himself with a bunch of "yes men", who are just there to tell him how awesome every fucking idea is that comes out of his mouth. 

that's been my guess too, since I became a fan of this band
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2009, 11:33:18 AM »

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say fuck everyone. I agree with falungong. I may not make the exact same choices, but I'm not gonna blast him for his. I get in arguments at the bar all the time about music. Last night some fuckhead played decided to play Nickleback (whom I really don't mind that much, but their new single is fucking retarded)  so I went to the jukebox and played the whole Chinese Democracy album Smiley he said "fuck Guns N' Roses" so I yelled no, fuck YOU, and kept baggin on him till he left. cocksucker.

Axl is God.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2009, 11:46:49 AM »

for one, it doesnt take much to get banned from this forum.  my friend, who axl rose himself, once  thought was the funniest poster on this forum, got banned for making fun of a particular mod who contstantly swings from axl's nuts. 

It does actually.

It requires you to not be able to read or understand basic English. Also, it requires you to have no common sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if your friend was banned for something else. Like many others, they come here to start shit, ignore warnings and end up banned. Only to repeat the "I was banned for not agreeing" line.

People who were banned for posting links to stuff they knew were against our rules are claiming they were banned for disagreeing with me.  Roll Eyes

Since you obviously seem to have problems with that also, take this as a warning.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:55:43 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2009, 12:11:48 PM »

for one, it doesnt take much to get banned from this forum.  my friend, who axl rose himself, once  thought was the funniest poster on this forum, got banned for making fun of a particular mod who contstantly swings from axl's nuts.  ironically, this poster is the biggest AXL ROSE fan and GNR fan i have ever known in real life.  we sat around on christmas eve with some guys playing poker and listened to chinese democracy in its entirity on repeat all night, a particular couple people at the party were saying how it wasnt really guns n roses, my friend argued how it's axl's name, axl's band, axl has always been the primary song writer (aside from izzy), etc.  my friend didnt kick him out of his house for having a different view, and eventually, the topic changed to something else.  no big deal.  the point is, it doesnt make you a fan for constantly swinging on axl's nuts and defending his every move without hesitation, it makes you a sheep.  i am gonna guess that axl himself wouldnt respect you anymore for defending his every move, and i'm gonna also guess he doesnt surround himself with a bunch of "yes men", who are just there to tell him how awesome every fucking idea is that comes out of his mouth.  there is a line between being a fan and being a fanatic.  just visit mark david chapman in prison and ask him.

so i defend axl rose, and you compare me to a psychotic murderer who killed john lennon. 

wow... i'm speechless.  if that doesn't warrant a banning, then i don't know what does.  you sir, have some serious problems.
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2009, 12:25:05 PM »

for one, it doesnt take much to get banned from this forum.  my friend, who axl rose himself, once  thought was the funniest poster on this forum, got banned for making fun of a particular mod who contstantly swings from axl's nuts. 

It does actually.

It requires you to not be able to read or understand basic English. Also, it requires you to have no common sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if your friend was banned for something else. Like many others, they come here to start shit, ignore warnings and end up banned. Only to repeat the "I was banned for not agreeing" line.

People who were banned for posting links to stuff they knew were against our rules are claiming they were banned for disagreeing with me.  Roll Eyes

Since you obviously seem to have problems with that also, take this as a warning.

/jarmo

okay, i didnt know all that.  i retract my statement.

[/quote]

so i defend axl rose, and you compare me to a psychotic murderer who killed john lennon. 

wow... i'm speechless.  if that doesn't warrant a banning, then i don't know what does.  you sir, have some serious problems.
[/quote]

no, i defend axl rose all the time.  i defend him on taking his time working on his masterpiece.  i defend him keeping his band name, i defend most of everything he's done musically, legally, or otherwise.  i do not, however, belittle someone who has a mental disability because they talk shit about a band.  this goes beyond being a fan, and closer toward being someone who is obsessed, much like mark david chapman was with john lennon.  is that to say you are capable of murder?  of course not.

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2009, 01:06:12 PM »

I love this thread. Just keeps getting better.  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2009, 01:34:48 PM »

It does actually.

/jarmo

[/quote]

no, i defend axl rose all the time.  i defend him on taking his time working on his masterpiece.  i defend him keeping his band name, i defend most of everything he's done musically, legally, or otherwise.  i do not, however, belittle someone who has a mental disability because they talk shit about a band.  this goes beyond being a fan, and closer toward being someone who is obsessed, much like mark david chapman was with john lennon.  is that to say you are capable of murder?  of course not.
[/quote]

yeah, but of all the people you could have compared me to, you went out of your way to choose a psychotic murderer.  and one that axl wrote critical songs about.  your agenda is crystal clear. 

and look man, i tried not to make fun of my friend.  for years and years i silently took it.  i tried to be the bigger man.  but finally there comes a point when enough is enough.  maybe you feel differently and will let yourself be mocked and picked on forever.  i think they have names for people like that.
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »

It does actually.

/jarmo

[/quote]

yeah, but of all the people you could have compared me to, you went out of your way to choose a psychotic murderer.  and one that axl wrote critical songs about.  your agenda is crystal clear. 

and look man, i tried not to make fun of my friend.  for years and years i silently took it.  i tried to be the bigger man.  but finally there comes a point when enough is enough.  maybe you feel differently and will let yourself be mocked and picked on forever.  i think they have names for people like that.
[/quote]

okay, i apologize for comparing you to mark david chapman.  relax.  the point i meant to convey is that next time, you should think twice before you attack someone's physical or mental handicaps, especially people who you claim as FRIENDS, in defense of a total stranger.  now if it was YOU being mocked and picked on, that is a different situation, but i believe there is a blurred line here, in which you are not seperating guns and roses being attacked, and yourself.  you are taking it as a personal attack.  when someone makes fun of guns n roses or axl to me, my response is more like... "axl is probably the greatest frontman of rock music in the past 20 years", or... "axl is the greatest songwriter or our generation", or things to that extent, not... "you are so fucking stupid, you cant even be in the same classes as us, you are in special ed!"  to me, that is psychotic.  that is the difference.

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2009, 02:02:18 PM »

wanna know what think is psychotic?  you want to teach me the lesson of 'don't pick on people with disabilities,' and to acomplish that goal you compare me to the guy who killed john lennon.  you're even worse than the shit you accuse me of, pal.

and do you think that just because someone has a learning disability that they should be allowed to make fun of everyone they want, for years and years without anyone throwing it back at them?  i'm sorry, but that's just pathetic.  maybe  you like being picked on.  good thing i'm not one of your friends because if you treat your friends as shitty as  you treat axl, then you're not a very good friend.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2009, 02:13:55 PM »

This has gone on for too long.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: