Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:13:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?  (Read 20037 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »

Damn dude, Falungong is insane(ly awesome).   ok

I wonder what he does to people who don't like the same movies or TV shows as him.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2008, 06:34:36 PM »

wow... so now i'm getting made fun of for being a gnr fan on a gnr forum?  what a welcoming place this is.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2008, 06:39:13 PM »

wow... so now i'm getting made fun of for being a gnr fan on a gnr forum?  what a welcoming place this is.
because you went from being a GNR fan to something psycho-fanatical  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2008, 06:44:15 PM »

dude, you are indeed insane, and IF by any chance what you said back there is not a fantasy and your friends in fact exist, for the love of god get some help, and i mean professional help, not another question here in the forum.... unless ur 5... then its fine
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 06:49:23 PM by EstrangedBrazil » Logged
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »

I have had this all my life and you have to realise some people don't share your passion. A friend of mine who is more like a brother said to me that he felt"every negative review of CD was like a personal insult to me". He is still my friend! We argued endlessly whilst I to proved that Axl and Dizzy played regulary and Izzy played every so often. This really pissed him off as he was a fan back in the day and still loves illusions GNR. My advice is to relax and enjoy the fact your friends don't necessarilly love everything you do. Otherwise the world would be a boring place.  

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2008, 06:56:13 PM »

Guess you're gonna have to cut us out of your life.  rofl
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2008, 07:05:44 PM »

lol  very true
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2008, 07:10:56 PM »

lol  very true

I've been reading this characters' previous posts...very scary stuff.  nervous
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2008, 08:02:56 PM »

holy shit, that did not go well.  once again, my two best friends starting ganging up on me and making fun of chinese democracy.  so i finally snapped and yelled at them and let them have it.  i mean i REALLY let them have it... i said some things that my parents would probably be horified to hear me say!   Wink  some things were probably more hurtful than they needed to be, like when i made fun of my one friend for being fat and the other guy for having a learning disability taht made it impossible for him to go to school with the rest of us. 

well now they're pissed off at me and say that i've turned into an asshole.  yeah right.  i sat quietly for years and took there shit.  now when i dished it too they get all offended.  so now it's probably impossible for us to hang out any more because things just aren't going to be the same.  which sucks because we have known each other since we were kids.

i don't like to fight, but i was seriously considering it.  i was shaking and my face was red.  if i was a girl i probably would have cried even.  that whole time i we were yelling at each other, i just kept thinking of shackler and what he would do in that situation.  if i was the kind of guy who liked to fight or hurt people, they would have definitely been in some trouble.

but who the fuck cares?  they aren't real friends anyways and i still have chinese democracy, which is the greatest album ever.  and i know that they'll come crawling back just as soon as the video for better is released and axl does publicity and the album becomes a major hit.  then they'll feel like the fucking assholes that they are and they will ask for an apology. 

now the quesiton is more complicated... should i forgive them when they come crawling back and apologize?  i am a christian and jesus teaches forgiveness, but i am also a fan of axl and he says fuck that.  when people betray you and try to hurt you, i really think you should just cut them out of your life like a cancer.  but i should prepare for that situation becuase i know they will be forced to eat there words the second chinese democracy becomes a hit and everyone else at school loves it.

wow...you really need to let yourself grow up. This is seriously a sign of some kind of abandonment/ attachment issues you might have. It simply isnt healthy to let something as ultimately trivial as, in Axl's words, "...just an album" ruin friendships. Your obsession with Axl seems to be a replacement for other issues in your life which may be lacking, you might even feel it's all you have, thus when it gets attacked, you lash out in order to protect what you feel you NEED. This, or any album, is not worth the degredation of your character to attack someone's learning disabilities. You call your self a christian in order to guage what your reaction should be when THEY come crawling back to YOU; I now enough about christianity and jesus' teachings to know that attacking people's disabilities would not be a hallmark of Jesus' life (his turn the other cheek parables) and that attaching onesself to a figure you have no real connection with (Axl) is in contradiction to the commandment about false idols and Jesus' saying "i am the way, the truth and the light". You have some very serious worship issues regarding Axl if you would lash out at criticism of him. This is what religious fanatics do.

in all seriousness, talk to someone trained in psychology. Your obsession with Axl is the sign of something deeper which troubles you, which you may not even be aware of. You're even in denial about GnR/ CD itself in order to validate your obsession.

at the risk of this being deleted (mods, he needs to hear this for his mental health, so please allow this for the sake of that), the reality is that:

GnR released a great album
it isn't catching on
Better will not be the SCOM which makes this album move millions
Axl is 46; he doesnt have the sex appeal (hell, Brad Pitt doesnt even at 46) to become an icon amongst teens

but the most important thing is you like the album, and the album came out. In the end, it doesnt matter whether your friends like it, it shouldnt matter to you whether it sells huge. But it does matter to you because you feel the need to validate your attachment to Axl, because, i fear, you cling to it in order to fill a void. It isnt Axl job to fill whatever may be missing, it isnt your friends' job to participate in the promotion of the album nor is it incumbent upon them to like it. It IS incumbent upon you to understand that not everyone is going to like the album based solely on the music, and that some wont like it based on Axl's behavior in the last 15 years. You need to be aware of that and realize that actions have consequences, both for Axl and yourself.

You need to apologize to your friends first and foremost. Nothing so trivial should make you react to them that way, especially stooping to comment on someone's disability. That is inexcusable and to start, you need to address that both to him and within your own soul and consciousness.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2008, 08:22:04 PM »

Excellent post, riotact_vancity.  peace

I think a lot of us here should heed these words.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2008, 08:34:48 PM »

Wow.... dude ya know friends will never agree 100% on everything. You need to apologize to them and hope they take ya back. Guns n Roses is a good band but its not gonna be there for you all the time.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2008, 08:45:38 PM »

I agree. A lot of us need to talk to someone trained in psychology.  Grin
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2009, 06:16:36 AM »

Oh yea, totally. Or at least veterinary.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2009, 11:00:11 AM »

Oh yea, totally. Or at least veterinary.

LOL at the very least...

im gonna have to go ahead n just ask... how old are you falugong?

PS - oh, and just thought this is nice for this situation: Axl himself said "Dont hail me and dont idolize the ink or i've failed in my intentions"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:04:01 AM by EstrangedBrazil » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2009, 11:56:40 AM »

my bet is that the falungong guy's been trying to make fun of GNR fans. Too bad we aren't that fanatic.

On topic
I often make fun of their fav bands and they are still friends with me.
Stewie Griffin
Opening Act

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2009, 01:19:49 PM »

It's been answered a dozen times, but, hey, my two cents:

... What the hell? They rib you, you rib them back. Everyone likes something that you're guaranteed to think sucks. At least, that's how it is for me and vice versa. I don't actually take offense to the comments made about Axl or GNR, but if I can defend it, I will. If I can't, I go, "Wait a second... didn't you actually go see Mamma Mia in theaters? Yeah, why don't you sit on down there" or something along those lines, depending on the friend in question and their interests.

This thread has given me the laugh I needed today. Thanks, guys.

Stewie: Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total bitch.
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2009, 01:22:54 PM »

falungong, you are the kind of guy axl sings about in Catcher In The Rye

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2009, 07:16:51 AM »

Well, I married my wife knowing she couldn't stand GnR. So yeah my loyalty to Axl is questionable to say the least.  hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2009, 06:24:26 PM »

Well, I married my wife knowing she couldn't stand GnR. So yeah my loyalty to Axl is questionable to say the least.  hihi

yet her opinion doesn't affect yours, then it's stable.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: