Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:22:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  HTGTH 2009 Nascar Yahoo Fantasy League
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH 2009 Nascar Yahoo Fantasy League  (Read 61193 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2009, 11:21:59 PM »

Rusty Wallace Inc. Leases ECR Engines and were real fast but had overheating problems....A few teams do.

Yeah, but they're not a Cup team.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2009, 11:22:41 PM »

Drew, get your mind out of the gutter.   hihi

I'm going to be watching the rest of the season to see if Dale and his crew are able to maintain/improve the car during the race.  That's been the biggest problem over the last few years.  They just don't seem to be able to keep up with the track as it changes.  I know that Dale doesn't want to change crew chiefs...but to me it's interesting that most of Dale's wins were with Pops.  Commentators always make it sound like he's had lots of wins with Tony, Jr. but that was only with him as car chief or whatever.  I can't remember now...but until last year's win, hadn't Dale only won 1 race with Tony, Jr. as his crew chief?  So...unless I'm remembering wrong, they've actually only won 2 races together.  At least Dale has said that he'll do whatever Hendrick tells him to do in regards to the crew chief situation. 

I just looked at the entry list for the Nationwide race.  Dale's not driving the 5 this week; Mark Martin is.  I'm glad because I already have plans for Friday night and wasn't going to be home to watch the race.  But...my Saturday night is free for NASCAR.  Who can miss watching Richmond?

What irritates me is that at least last year, they would be LEADING until they would fall off the pace.  This year, they can't even stay on the lead lap.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2009, 06:47:31 PM »

Drew, get your mind out of the gutter.   hihi

Wait a minute! You're the one who said it, not me!  Grin

I'm glad because I already have plans for Friday night and wasn't going to be home to watch the race.  But...my Saturday night is free for NASCAR.  Who can miss watching Richmond?

Bummer that Dale Jr. isn't racing in the Grand National race tonight. Kevin Harvick qualified 8th so a good starting position for him but Jeff Burton qualified a measly 34th unfortunately. Hopefully these two guys will have a great night and drive up front.

Will be a good night of racing tonight and Saturday night.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2009, 09:30:15 PM »

Half way and so far so good....

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2009, 06:38:03 PM »

Getting close to race time. I hope it will be a good race tonight and all my drivers have great finishes!

Go Dale Jr.!!!!  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2009, 09:40:35 PM »

Oops.  Dale just wrecked Burton.  I'm listening to his radio chatter and Dale feels really bad about it.  He just said that he really didn't mean to do it and he was sorry, but he knew that he (Burton) probably wouldn't believe him.  UGH...Dale had almost cracked the top 10 and now he's back around 20th again.

I usually enjoy Richmond so much.  Tonight I'm struggling to watch it, though.  I think it's more of the coverage, though.  There's been a lot going on farther back in the field, and they just don't show it.  I know that the leaders are important, but there are other people racing.  Finally, they are showing some of the others. 

lol...I don't like Kyle, but he is fun to watch. 

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2009, 07:40:43 AM »

Oops.  Dale just wrecked Burton.  I'm listening to his radio chatter and Dale feels really bad about it.  He just said that he really didn't mean to do it and he was sorry, but he knew that he (Burton) probably wouldn't believe him.  UGH...Dale had almost cracked the top 10 and now he's back around 20th again.

I usually enjoy Richmond so much.  Tonight I'm struggling to watch it, though.  I think it's more of the coverage, though.  There's been a lot going on farther back in the field, and they just don't show it.  I know that the leaders are important, but there are other people racing.  Finally, they are showing some of the others. 

lol...I don't like Kyle, but he is fun to watch.

Dale seemed promising until he and Burton got together. I think these mishaps just have a huge effect on Dale. Something happens and he's screwed mentally for the rest of the race. While Jeff Burton overcomes what happened and finishes third in the race.

I was hoping for a caution with about ten laps to go so Stewart and Burton could catch Kyle on their fresher tires. But unfortunately the caution never waived and we went green flag the rest of the way. Still happy to see Tony Stewart and Jeff Burton with top 5 finishes.

Sukie, you can't say Kyle is fun to watch. That's blasphemy!  hihi

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2009, 09:27:45 PM »

The Lady in Black will have her way with Junior, BOOK IT.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2009, 04:54:33 PM »

Qualifying for the Grand National race this evening has been canceled and Cup qualifying has been pushed back about an hour or so. Hopefully, the rain will move on thru and the Cup guys will get to qualify and there will be no delays in tonight's racing.  Smiley

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2009, 07:05:59 AM »

Good win for Mark Martin last night as the Chevrolet's took the first 7 finishing spots in the race.  Hendrick Motorsports was on top of their game for Darlington except for one of the drivers. Dale Jr. had another disappointing 27th place finish as his pit stop problems continue.

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2009, 05:51:09 PM »

I wasn't home so I recorded the race.  But, when I checked the  finishing order online...well, let's just say that the race got deleted unwatched by me.  This is the 2nd race I've missed watching so far this season.  Last year, I didn't miss ANY.  Even if I didn't give my whole attention to the race, I at least made the effort.  I'm just having a hard time sustaining my NASCAR interest. 

Was it a good race with lots of action?  Or was it another so-so race?  How many people ended up with the Darlington stripe or worse?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2009, 07:03:03 PM »

I wasn't home so I recorded the race.  But, when I checked the  finishing order online...well, let's just say that the race got deleted unwatched by me.  This is the 2nd race I've missed watching so far this season.  Last year, I didn't miss ANY.  Even if I didn't give my whole attention to the race, I at least made the effort.  I'm just having a hard time sustaining my NASCAR interest. 

Was it a good race with lots of action?  Or was it another so-so race?  How many people ended up with the Darlington stripe or worse?

Yawn.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2009, 06:45:11 PM »

Yawn.

Is that a "yawn" because my post was boring or because the race was boring?   Undecided
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »

Yawn.

Is that a "yawn" because my post was boring or because the race was boring?   Undecided

The race of course! 

Bring back the bullet cars!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2009, 07:12:59 PM »

I'm sure it was a "yawn" at the race, not your post Sukie.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dale Jr. decided tomorrow to retire and never race again. He might still run his racing team but it wouldn't come as a shock if he just stopped racing all together. I get the feeling that he doesn't even enjoy racing and I think it has a lot to do with him not having his father around anymore. Racing was everything in life to he and Dale Sr. and since his father's passing, it just seems like Dale Jr.'s passion and interest in the sport has just fallen by the wayside.

Any opinions?

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2009, 08:14:16 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dale Jr. decided tomorrow to retire and never race again. He might still run his racing team but it wouldn't come as a shock if he just stopped racing all together. I get the feeling that he doesn't even enjoy racing and I think it has a lot to do with him not having his father around anymore. Racing was everything in life to he and Dale Sr. and since his father's passing, it just seems like Dale Jr.'s passion and interest in the sport has just fallen by the wayside.

Any opinions?

hmmm... I'd say that Dale is probably like everyone else.  If you are successful, you have more fun.  If he's not enjoying his "job" right now, it's because he's sucking so badly.  If he could actually win a couple, his love of racing would come back. (if in fact he isn't enjoying the job)  Just my opinion. 

You know, when I first started watching NASCAR, I hadn't picked a favorite driver and I enjoyed watching the races without having a favorite.  Now...it just sucks to be a Dale fan.  I don't think that Dale's poor showing this season is the only reason I'm having trouble getting into the racing this year, though.  CoT changed the racing so much.  Not that there weren't some boring races before, too.  But, still.  Short track races aren't even all that exciting anymore.  All of this parity...everyone (NASCAR head honchos) thought it would be such a good thing.  But, is it really?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2009, 11:24:46 PM »

Any opinions?

hmmm... I'd say that Dale is probably like everyone else.  If you are successful, you have more fun.  If he's not enjoying his "job" right now, it's because he's sucking so badly.  If he could actually win a couple, his love of racing would come back. (if in fact he isn't enjoying the job)  Just my opinion. 

You know, when I first started watching NASCAR, I hadn't picked a favorite driver and I enjoyed watching the races without having a favorite.  Now...it just sucks to be a Dale fan.  I don't think that Dale's poor showing this season is the only reason I'm having trouble getting into the racing this year, though.  CoT changed the racing so much.  Not that there weren't some boring races before, too.  But, still.  Short track races aren't even all that exciting anymore.  All of this parity...everyone (NASCAR head honchos) thought it would be such a good thing.  But, is it really?

No.

I just wish Dale would retire so I could get out of this thing.

I too, enjoyed the racing.  I figured I would still watch after Dale retired after a *successful* career.  But NASCAR has turned into everything people who didn't like NASCAR said it was. 

Cars parading around single file until the guy waves the checkered flag.

Congratulations, we have Formula 1 with fenders.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2009, 07:32:56 PM »

Thing is, there's no more excuses why he shouldn't be wining races anymore. It's more and more looking like a driver problem more rather than equipment problem. Although, it could very well be a shared driver/crew chief problem.

You know, when I first started watching NASCAR, I hadn't picked a favorite driver and I enjoyed watching the races without having a favorite.  Now...it just sucks to be a Dale fan.  I don't think that Dale's poor showing this season is the only reason I'm having trouble getting into the racing this year, though.  CoT changed the racing so much.  Not that there weren't some boring races before, too.  But, still.  Short track races aren't even all that exciting anymore.  All of this parity...everyone (NASCAR head honchos) thought it would be such a good thing.  But, is it really.

I think the new car has even many things out compared to the old car setup and I don't see NASCAR changing this anytime soon in the future. Still, my biggest complaint over the last several years is this nonsense that NASCAR has to spread it's reach to new fans. Tracks such as California, Kansas City, Chicago, Pocono, New Hampshire, Dover, Michigan, and Homestead all produce very boring races in my opinion. NASCAR needs to dump these tracks. California has proven to be a waste of time. It's simply outrageous that tracks such as California, Pocono, Michigan, and New Hampshire get two races every year. They need to stick to their roots and no we don't need another race in New York and we don't need another oval in the Northwest. This may not be a very popular idea but I would love to dump a few of these tracks if not all of them and pick up a third road course somewhere.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2009, 09:43:16 AM »

Big day of racing today starting off with the F1 Grand Prix of Monaco this morning, followed by the Indy 500 at noon, and than the NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 tonight.

Where on earth is Sukie?  Grin

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »

The racing gods are not pleased with NASCAR.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: