Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:15:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75218 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2009, 06:31:09 PM »

I don't see why people complain about this ! the albums out !! and I bet the next tour they do will be 90 percent Chinese Democracy, 5 percent AFD, and another 5 percent of UYL.  It will be diffrent, but that's not the point.  Jarmo is right not every show is the same ! for example  Robin's guitar could go out and he could leave the stage, Axl could get something thrown at him, They could play a new song.  The show I saw was excellent ! i've seen some bootlegs that were totally diffrent from my show.  Then again you don't hear me complaing.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2009, 06:41:42 PM »

I think people start threads sometimes without realizing exactly what they are saying.

People don't realize that a band can't be successful without fans. So for people to come on here and say things like:

"I don't care if CD sells 50k copies as long as I have it

"Certain People shouldn't go to shows'

Those statements even though u are trying to be a "FAN" u are really hurting the band and making it appear like u don't care about their success.

CD needed to sell well

The tours need to do well

all those things help GNR continue to keep their status as one of the biggest bands ever.

So maybe people need to care more about this stuff because if GNR do a tour that is a bloodbath for promoters, if they release albums that don't sell...

U have to wonder if maybe we will ever get anything else?

So I encourage everybody to go to the show whether u complain on a message forum or not. cause 10k looks a hell of a lot better in the stands, than 5k.

Who cares if people want to complain anyway on a forum? as long as they are respectful to the band at the concert, they can come on here and bitch all the want for all I care.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2009, 06:43:38 PM »

I personally don't understand why so many (or so many vocal people) have had a problem with the setlists.  I saw them three times in NYC in 2006, and once more in Minneapolis in Nov.  Axl and the whole band gave it their all every night.  They were all great performances, all filled with songs I love.

So, what is there to complain about?  What more can you expect or demand from a band?  Giving it their all is all I want, and the rest is up to them.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2009, 06:54:21 PM »

Its very simple Jarmo. You cannot compare the old gnr setlist formula to the current one. Its not that big of a deal but thats the way it is.

I didn't compare!

You're the ones saying shit like "it's not rock n' roll because they don't do the same thing they did in the 90s". Not me!

All I've kept repeating for a few of you, and you keep ignoring it, is that GN'R is doing what they've always done: what they feel like.

It's that simple!

You're the ones comparing and ignoring what I'm saying.

I don't know how to explain it to you so you'll understand.

I'm not using any big words, I thought it was pretty simple English but I guess not.

The two of you simply just don't fucking get it.

I personally don't understand why so many (or so many vocal people) have had a problem with the setlists.  

Because GN'R is never good enough for these people.

They have to find something to complain about so they don't seem like "ass kissers" or not objective.

It's so horrible to be considered a fan!

I saw them three times in NYC in 2006, and once more in Minneapolis in Nov.  Axl and the whole band gave it their all every night.  They were all great performances, all filled with songs I love.

Exactly.

Why bring Bon Jovi into this? U obviously don't have a clue on that front so I'll let u slide. U will never find two setlists identical on any of their past tours.

So? They're still not rock n' roll!

As I've said multiple times, and you two keep ignoring it, the matter isn't about what songs they play, in what order and how often on a tour, it's WHY they do it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2009, 06:55:39 PM »

I personally don't understand why so many (or so many vocal people) have had a problem with the setlists.  I saw them three times in NYC in 2006, and once more in Minneapolis in Nov.  Axl and the whole band gave it their all every night.  They were all great performances, all filled with songs I love.

So, what is there to complain about?  What more can you expect or demand from a band?  Giving it their all is all I want, and the rest is up to them.
I dont think anyone here who is in their right mind would question the effort the band gives. Every show I have been too has been amazing and memorable.

I think future GNR tours will have  more of a diverse setlist but the past few tours were not diverse or "r n r"(in terms of setlists).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 07:01:39 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2009, 07:24:19 PM »

I think future GNR tours will have  more of a diverse setlist but the past few tours were not diverse or "r n r"(in terms of setlists).

By what standard can you claim their "setlist" is not rock n roll?  All the shows I went to were nothing but pure rock n roll, including the set list.  The crowds went crazy, and everyone I talked to had a great time.  What is there to complain about in this?

Everyone goes to Gn'R shows, and has a great time!  That's pretty much the winning formula for a great rock n roll show.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2009, 07:32:44 PM »

By what standard can you claim their "setlist" is not rock n roll?  All the shows I went to were nothing but pure rock n roll, including the set list.  The crowds went crazy, and everyone I talked to had a great time.  What is there to complain about in this?

Everyone goes to Gn'R shows, and has a great time!  That's pretty much the winning formula for a great rock n roll show.
again I 100% agree.

I originally brought it up because some people were talking about other acts compared to gnr. In regards to setlists, GNr is no different then most of the bands that some people were criticizing

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2009, 07:49:31 PM »

But if you were at those shows you'd know they were different.

The crowds aren't the same

Exactly: 2002 saw them at Leeds, went crazy in the pit at the front, Download Fest I remember sharing a joint with Arron and watching Tommy threaten to leave, that may not be a "Wonderful" thing, but its those little touches and little things that make them special, then in Manchester, since I was with my sister I was in seating yet rocking out because I was drunk, 3 times seeing them, my memory is sketchy but I'm guessing the setlist wasn't too different, but they were 3 totally different experiences, I'd say more but I remember less  Tongue
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2009, 08:04:15 PM »

Anyone that doesnt like Axl's singing shouldnt go thats obvious.

As far as the late starts all the excuses are clearly nonsense.
Axl used to go onstage ontime when they were a support act, he made it on time at the Freddie Mercury gig. All this 'they do what they want ' stuff is garbage as well....going on late isnt rock n roll and rebellious, its selfish and lame., and strange.
If I scheduled an 8am time to look at buying Axl's car and then showed up at 10am and went....'im not a morning person' how would that go down?
What if Tommy was not going onstage on time??? is that cool??  Maybe the drummer shouldnt show up till midnight....yeh that'd be sooo rock n roll ' he does what he wants'

Last time I saw them my younger brother had his 15 year old mates with him and they all love GNR....half were forced to miss half the gig to catch the last bus, the other half had to pay for taxis...which isnt playmoney for a 15 year old,

Credit where its due, CD is a very very good album, the live show i saw was in the top 5 gigs ive been to , and I think Axl gets more than his share of criticism. BUT it isnt and never has been the band that goes onstage late or cuts shows short or simply doesnt arrive at the venue ontime its Axl......all of these things IMHO show a terrible lack of respect for fans, and people telling other people who love GNR's music not to go to shows is really wrong. The average person who loves the music but doesnt read message boards doesnt expect a 2 hr delay before they take stage, and in the REAL world this can severely screw peoples plans up.......and Ive yet to hear a good reason.... why 'im a night person' sheesh.....yeh?? harden the fuck up

Im a night person myself so the delay is fine by me....my workmates and younger friends who had to catch taxis etc were pissed off though, and fair enough.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 08:07:07 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Chief
Legend

« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2009, 08:48:17 PM »

one of the shows i saw started before 11pm, which was actually early, accounting for the opening band and all..
maybe they should start printing on the tickets, expect to get home really late!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2009, 09:06:50 PM »

All this 'they do what they want ' stuff is garbage as well....going on late isnt rock n roll and rebellious, its selfish and lame., and strange.

I guess rock n' roll has always been lame then. If you think GN'R invented the whole idea of playing when they're ready, you're wrong.  Wink

Yeah, sure it's selfish to go on when you're ready to give the crowd your all. That must be the definition of selfish.

People need to realize a few things here.

We're not talking about robots.

Just because Bon Jovi can go on before 8PM doesn't mean it works for every other performer.

GN'R doesn't have a set time that they won't go on before. It seems like some of you think they never been on stage before midnight!

This isn't just a normal "job". If it was, I'm sure you'd have a lot more to complain about after the shows....

Quote from: Axl Rose: The Rolling Stone Interview 1992
One thing that has people exasperated is the late show times. Why do you go on so late?

I pretty much follow my own internal clock, and I perform better later at night. Nothing seems to work out for me until later at night. And it is our show. I don't want to make people sit around and wait -- it drives me nuts. That hour-and-a-half or two-hour time period that I'm late going onstage is living hell, because I'm wishing there was any way on earth I could get out of where I am and knowing I'm not going to be able to make it. I'm late to everything. I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE.

What goes on before you take the stage? What actually makes you late?

The chiropractor we work with on the road tapes my ankles professionally. I kept twisting my ankles during shows, and it still happens now and then. I have weak ankles, always have. I used to run cross-country, and that was one of the things that got in the way of that. So I work with a chiropractor. I work with a massage therapist, because I put a lot of stress in my lower back, and with what I do onstage, there's a lot of rebuilding that has to be done. There's operatic voice exercise. And I started therapy in February (1991) and, Jesus, I'm right in the middle of stuff. I mean, if a heavy emotional issue surfaces and you've got a show in four hours, you have to figure out how to get that sorted out really quick before you get onstage so that you're really quick before you get onstage so that you're not in the middle of "Jungle" and have a breakdown. The pressure of having to do the show when whatever else is going on in my life is hard to get past. We did a show in Finland where I just couldn't understand why I was doing what I was doing. I sat down while I was singing "Civil War," and I was kind of looking at my lips while I was singing and looking at the microphone and looking at the roadies, and everything just shut off. Well, that doesn't make for a very good show. We're out there to win at what we do. And if that means going on two hours late and doing a good show, I'm gonna do it. I take what I do very seriously.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 09:09:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sharky-dude
Headliner

Silence Isn't Golden When I'm Holding It Inside

« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2009, 10:29:03 PM »

don't know what the big deal is. Saw 'em dec of 06.  I arrived halfway thru suicide girls, short break, helmet, short break, bach, short break, then gnr. Yeah it was late at that point, but it's not as if we were sitting and staring at an empty stage all night

!go Jets go!
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2009, 10:43:08 PM »

I guess rock n' roll has always been lame then. If you think GN'R invented the whole idea of playing when they're ready, you're wrong.  Wink

Yeah, sure it's selfish to go on when you're ready to give the crowd your all. That must be the definition of selfish.

Your right Jarmo ,except I cant recall any other band in rock history who considered going on late as 'rebellious'.....there goes the neighbourhood this band goes on late Smiley Lock up your daughters Smiley

My point is they did fine in the early days supporting bands and going onstage on time....they did great at the Freddie Mercury gig etc etc etc......and when you are letting the young fans down, making life difficult for the older working fans, probably irritating your staff that dont want to work overtime, costing your band money etc....I just think its time to harden up a tad .

I only replied to the thread because the attitude that casual fans, who arent aware that Axl goes on late 'shouldnt attend'. I think these people have a right to be a little miffed. As I said I personally couldnt care less, I do however think the reasons given for late starts are quite soft.

Also when you say when 'they' are ready to go on...dont you mean 'he', im sure the rest of the band is willing and able to go on at the correct time.

If its all about being ready and fine and dandy to do so what would happen if say Axls ready to go on at 10pm and Dizzy goes no man im not feeling it yet dude, I'll be on in an hour? What do you think would happen?? He'd get his arse dragged up thats what.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:58:23 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2009, 11:11:08 PM »

So it is a tour for 2009?.....I really dont care what they play...I just pray to God to see them again!... smoking
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2009, 03:21:39 AM »

one more time about the setlists:
even if they "might" have intentions to play whatever they feel like (the mentionend rock n roll-formula)......just look at the setlists, they are all available online. it occurs much more that 2006/07 they were mainly straight goin with a "~16/17 must songs to play and some others to add" formula along with a similar song order and the bonus songs being from the same small pool and only 4 out of 30 illusions songs. the statistic proves so. and that just doesnt fit "that" rock n roll-formula much and surely fails being used to defend the stable setlists. hell, even the Bon Jovi-setlists (mentioned above) appear more unpredictable, unexpected and spontanous.....things that fit into rock n roll more. too bad he sucks though  hihi

but things can change with setlists ok

on-topic again:
you cant do much if anything about: there are always people at shows you are getting annoyed from, let it be disgusting all the time screamers next to you, 2,10m sized people in front of you, too drunken ones etc. i for myself was about to beat up 2 people at the Rock Am Ring-show for being stupid drunken bad mouthers during the show most of the time...i'm still pissed they could hide away in the huge crowd.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2009, 09:53:42 AM »

Your right Jarmo ,except I cant recall any other band in rock history who considered going on late as 'rebellious'.....there goes the neighbourhood this band goes on late Smiley Lock up your daughters Smiley

Once again. I said it's the embodiment of the rock n' roll spirit to do whatever the fuck you want and not care about what others think of it.

It was me, not GN'R.

My point is they did fine in the early days supporting bands and going onstage on time....they did great at the Freddie Mercury gig etc etc etc.....

The Freddie Mercury gig was two songs.

/jarmo

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »

My point is they did fine in the early days supporting bands and going onstage on time....they did great at the Freddie Mercury gig etc etc etc......and when you are letting the young fans down, making life difficult for the older working fans, probably irritating your staff that dont want to work overtime, costing your band money etc....I just think its time to harden up a tad .

I only replied to the thread because the attitude that casual fans, who arent aware that Axl goes on late 'shouldnt attend'. I think these people have a right to be a little miffed. As I said I personally couldnt care less, I do however think the reasons given for late starts are quite soft.

Also when you say when 'they' are ready to go on...dont you mean 'he', im sure the rest of the band is willing and able to go on at the correct time.

If its all about being ready and fine and dandy to do so what would happen if say Axls ready to go on at 10pm and Dizzy goes no man im not feeling it yet dude, I'll be on in an hour? What do you think would happen?? He'd get his arse dragged up thats what.

hey i have an idea... why don't YOU, the 'supposed fan,' just quit trying to tell an artist how to do his thing.  i know that you think you're the most wise and knowledgable person out there, but maybe JUST MAYBE axl rose knows a thing or two more about what it takes to be axl rose than you do. 

if you have all the answers, why don't you just go out there and become a major superstar/greatest front man ever?  why don't you show us how it's all done?  enough of this arm chair quarterbacking!

i don't think any of us have the right to question what axl does or why.  he's a true artist and they all have their quirks.  axl performs better at night.  you perform better on the internet, attacking others when you'd never have the guts to say it to his face.

i can't believe this is what passes for fans these days.  i wonder of ozzy 'fans' spend their time on his forum complaining about how he shouldn't have done drugs because they just don't feel it's right.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2009, 07:10:43 AM »

Who cares about the same setlist? Fuck, most bands play same setlists...and make some 'little' changes during the tour... what is so wrong about that? It's like Jarmo said, it's not because we read about the setlist on a forum, that the show is the same...

I saw Guns 3 times ('93 , 2002 and 2006): I saw 3 different shows and 3 more or less other setlists...so no complaints so far for me! Ofcourse, if you watch 3-4 gigs in the same tour, you will have probably a same setlist, but that's your choice. You can't expect a band to change their setlist every show...

The only thing they should skip, are boring solo's  Tongue...I almost felt in sleep during the last show (or maybe I was too wasted  hihi )

GN'R is one of the last true rockbands out there! Respect it or fuck off!!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:13:17 AM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2009, 12:17:46 PM »

Who cares about the same setlist? Fuck, most bands play same setlists...and make some 'little' changes during the tour... what is so wrong about that? It's like Jarmo said, it's not because we read about the setlist on a forum, that the show is the same...

I saw Guns 3 times ('93 , 2002 and 2006): I saw 3 different shows and 3 more or less other setlists...so no complaints so far for me! Ofcourse, if you watch 3-4 gigs in the same tour, you will have probably a same setlist, but that's your choice. You can't expect a band to change their setlist every show...

The only thing they should skip, are boring solo's  Tongue...I almost felt in sleep during the last show (or maybe I was too wasted  hihi )

GN'R is one of the last true rockbands out there! Respect it or fuck off!!

Of course you saw 3 different shows in 93, 02, and 06.  It was 3 different bands.
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2009, 01:43:54 PM »

I cant see why anybody here can disagree with this like he says he couldn't care less and neither could I, It is not in the best interest of the band to go on so late as per the reasons stated above, id also like to add that GNR going on 2 hours dosnt seem too bad, but for myself and others out there that have to travel to the gigs this amounts to missing all forms of transport to get home and end up being stranded at train stations all night it kinda deflates the occasion a tad.
I see bands regular and most co-ordinate show to allow for transport, the only other exception was the fratellis when Celtic are in the champions league!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: