Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:27:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75220 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »

Axl marches to the beat of his own drum, Cool it shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone, he takes the stage late most of the time, Shocked so if you work, you take the next day off, yes if you have children you make arrangements, Roll Eyes free yourself of your commitments, because now it's all about you and the show, nothing else matters, cuz you know when Axl and Co hit that stage at what ever fricken time it is, it's gonna be nothing but pure magic to your eyes and ears,  Cool and if you have a problem with that, or the above mentioned do not work out for you, well.....you probably don't belong at the show, and if in fact, you may be one of those who don't attend at all, but sit home and bitch behind your computer screen, remember, Axl has said he is not playing for you anyway.

Can you let me know where you get those cool rose tinted glasses from, i want a pair for myself  Roll Eyes

Your mother.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2009, 02:17:33 PM »

Axl marches to the beat of his own drum, Cool it shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone, he takes the stage late most of the time, Shocked so if you work, you take the next day off, yes if you have children you make arrangements, Roll Eyes free yourself of your commitments, because now it's all about you and the show, nothing else matters, cuz you know when Axl and Co hit that stage at what ever fricken time it is, it's gonna be nothing but pure magic to your eyes and ears,  Cool and if you have a problem with that, or the above mentioned do not work out for you, well.....you probably don't belong at the show, and if in fact, you may be one of those who don't attend at all, but sit home and bitch behind your computer screen, remember, Axl has said he is not playing for you anyway.

Can you let me know where you get those cool rose tinted glasses from, i want a pair for myself  Roll Eyes

at any gnr show.  Cool

as a fan i'd say the more people that go to the show the merrier. cause i know that the performance of the band will convert even the haters.

yay, like that donington show 2006.
yep, they will afterwards but during the show they are still nuisance for the rest of the house. I think fans have a right to complain about them.
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2009, 02:06:51 PM »

Some people here need to get a dose of the real world 09' you cant roll up 2+ hours late and expect everyone be kiss ass unless you go by the name of Robert and Jimmy.   
The whole issue would be solved if the gig tickets stated GNR -11pm onwards. Then nobody would complain or moan as they would know exactly what the deal is.
It must of been said 00s of times that 'real fans should expect this anyway'...fine .. but what about those new fans or those just going to check out the show or even those going to rekindle the GNR flame? The majority of which will be wondering where slash is when WTTJ kicks off, It hardly gives these people the impression that GNR is a serious band or are interested in a new audience which in my personal opinion is the most important thing to GNR right now as without new fans the attendances will dwindle.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »

Some people here need to get a dose of the real world 09' you cant roll up 2+ hours late and expect everyone be kiss ass unless you go by the name of Robert and Jimmy.   

I bet there's been people whining since the beginning of time!

The whole issue would be solv
ed if the gig tickets stated GNR -11pm onwards. Then nobody would complain or moan as they would know exactly what the deal is.

As far as I know, the tickets don't say when GN'R will be onstage.  Tongue

So if it says 8PM, you must be quite naive to expect the opening acts to be done by then!

Now, imagine that you have two opening acts plus the set change. And it all starts around 8PM....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2009, 02:51:55 PM »

One show in 06 I waited 3 hours. Did my body hurt? Did my feet hurt? HELL YES!!!

But it was well worth it. I wasn't gonna spend $90 and then complain about one of the best rock shows I have ever seen.

I got goosebumps and the little hairs on my neck stood up.

I have an issue with people spending money to go see GNR and then complain about the time it takes Axl to get on stage. Axl is AXL. You should know that prior to spending money to go see the band. That is what makes GNR. Unpredictability.

If you want the show to start at 9pm on the dot and have no surprises... Bon Jovi is always touring.

GNR is not the band for you.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »

If you want the show to start at 9pm on the dot and have no surprises... Bon Jovi is always touring.

we've just talked about the setlists from Bon Jovi being full of surprises and being more rock n roll than the ones from Axl cause Bon Jovi's appear much more unpredictable, unexpected and spontanous  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2009, 03:23:31 PM »

Bon Jovi's a joke.  He isn't rock n roll more like soft rock.  GnR show I went to in 06 didn't start till 11:45pm  BIG DEAL ! I would of waited till 5 in the morning if I had too.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2009, 04:05:55 PM »

Bon Jovi's a joke.  He isn't rock n roll more like soft rock.  GnR show I went to in 06 didn't start till 11:45pm  BIG DEAL ! I would of waited till 5 in the morning if I had too.

To this point:  I don't understand why it's such a "badge of courage" that we are willing to wait until midnight for a show to start.  Sure we wait.  But that doesn't make it right.

And to the original topic creator:  Those "certain people" paid the same money for their ticket as you did.  I don't advocate throwing anything or booing.  That's stupid.  But that person's opinion of the show afterwards is no better/worse than yours. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2009, 04:15:28 PM »

One show in 06 I waited 3 hours. Did my body hurt? Did my feet hurt? HELL YES!!!

But it was well worth it. I wasn't gonna spend $90 and then complain about one of the best rock shows I have ever seen.

I got goosebumps and the little hairs on my neck stood up.

I have an issue with people spending money to go see GNR and then complain about the time it takes Axl to get on stage. Axl is AXL. You should know that prior to spending money to go see the band. That is what makes GNR. Unpredictability.

oh please.  Bon Jovi have guest stars onstage from time to time, At my show, Leann Rimes fuckin came out and did a duet!

Bon Jovi change their set list up EVERY show, want proof? I can give u a link, they let their fans VOTE on the encore song.

Bon Jovi also had the NUMBER 1 tour of 2007-2008.

so maybe u should choose a different band to try and make a dumb point with?

People don't realize that every person that buys a ticket isn't glued to the history of Axl Rose

If the dude is 3 hours late and someone gets mad? how the fuck can u get mad at somebody for being upset?

Its the ole turnaround thing people use on those who say I have freedom of speech

well, Axl has the right to do whatever he wants, he has the right to play what he wants, come on stage when he wants BUT those who buy tickets and are in the crowd also HAVE THE RIGHT to get pissed if they so choose.

If your home sports team is getting beat by a shit team, people boo..... It is the same thing. Your ticket, your right.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2009, 04:38:20 PM »

You know what I didn't get on the last tour? People being angry with the new band. Example; many times through the show in Detroit there were alot of people giving the finger to Richard, Tommy, Robin & Ron as they would be playing solos and what not. There were a few people trying to scream "YOU'RE NOT SLASH!" at Robin several times.

I'm not even joking, these people were serious about it. I honestly can't imagine spending $80 on a concert when I'm fully aware of who is playing and then act as if I'm upset when it actually happens.

I suppose those so called fan's have been in a closet or a cave the last 10 years.  They see oh Guns N' Roses is coming, so they show up and its the new lineup. It's pretty funny how they don't keep up with their favorite band.  You think they would but they don't, I had this happen to some people by me when I saw GnR back in 2006.  I felt like saying IF YOU WANNA SEE SLASH GO SEE VELVET REVOLVER.

you comment as if every person that attends a GnR concert goes b/c they are that person's favorite band and that the person going follows the band as obsessively as members of this board....... Undecided

as hard as it seems to believe, I'm sure there are plenty of people that are unaware that Slash is no longer in the band (how I don't know hihi); I went to see them in 2002 in Philly with my older sister and her future husband and she didn't know the band she loved split up a long time ago Undecided

too bad we never got to see that show Cry
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2009, 05:10:57 PM »

you comment as if every person that attends a GnR concert goes b/c they are that person's favorite band and that the person going follows the band as obsessively as members of this board....... Undecided

as hard as it seems to believe, I'm sure there are plenty of people that are unaware that Slash is no longer in the band (how I don't know hihi);

but would they shout at the band if they weren't obsessive?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2009, 05:18:08 PM »

so maybe u should choose a different band to try and make a dumb point with?

The poster band for pop rock for everybody to enjoy. Not too hard rock to alienate anybody.

They're the perfect example!

They're a pop band for fuck's sake.

It all seems like a big act to give you what you want while taking your money.

Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of pop acts have done the same for years.

Just don't confuse it with authenticity and integrity.

They're the kind of shit that GN'R was an answer to in the 80s.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2009, 05:22:54 PM »

as hard as it seems to believe, I'm sure there are plenty of people that are unaware that Slash is no longer in the band (how I don't know hihi);

but would they shout at the band if they weren't obsessive?

Probably. A lot of people seem to get caught up in the moment. Or maybe they like GnR, but aren't obsessive. And, I've actually met people before who had no idea that Slash was out.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »

i mean would those who weren't obsessive but indifferent to who they were seeing shout at the band like 'where is ...!!!' ?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2009, 06:11:36 PM »

Yeah, GNR killed hair poser bands, but they had absolutely zero effect on Bon Jovi and u know that is the truth.

Anyhow, a couple years ago, I was on a message forum and it is true, there are people out there who really dont know. I know that seems very hard to believe.

When someone buys a ticket and it has 8pm, they expect that regardless of the history or whatever.

If my brother or friend had tickets to GNR and I didn't tell them, they wouldn't know about the late starts etc.

GNR are authentic don't get me wrong, and if they don't care, we shouldn't care.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2009, 06:28:01 PM »

Yeah, GNR killed hair poser bands, but they had absolutely zero effect on Bon Jovi and u know that is the truth.

I don't care if people kept going to Bon Jovi shows.

I didn't say they killed anything, I'm saying they offered an alternative to the boring pop rock that so many confuse for something real.

When someone buys a ticket and it has 8pm, they expect that regardless of the history or whatever.

That's like having a dinner reservation for 8:00 and expect the main course to arrive at 8:00!

hihi

/jarmo

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2009, 07:12:49 PM »

Anyhow, a couple years ago, I was on a message forum and it is true, there are people out there who really dont know. I know that seems very hard to believe.

If my brother or friend had tickets to GNR and I didn't tell them, they wouldn't know about the late starts etc.

GNR are authentic don't get me wrong, and if they don't care, we shouldn't care.

i would say GnR got all the press, buzz, hype, etc. during the latter days of AFD and all UYI (plus a lttle more) than Bon Jovi ever got during Slippery When Wet days/tour and Bon Jovi was the biggest act out there
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2009, 07:38:39 PM »

^
THANK YOU

Exactly!

so why is it now, people try and act like Axl is like some coffee shop Indy artist who won't "Prostitute" himself by doing interviews etc.

I think that is what throws people the most.

Axl had an MTV reporter meet him for an interview when he was getting out of jail, made 3 of the most elaborate and expensive and greatest videos ever seen on TV, had HUGE amazing over the top world tours, gave some of the most candid and honest interviews ever

So now, for people to act like Axl has never done this kind of shit and all that, it is just not the truth and is just very un GNR like.

That is what throws me for a loop.

The music/show is what makes u a great band, the starting time doesn't.

Thats like saying no other band is authentic because they play on time.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2009, 08:26:10 PM »

so why is it now, people try and act like Axl is like some coffee shop Indy artist who won't "Prostitute" himself by doing interviews etc.

Now?

Axl's always done things on his own terms.

That is essentially what is pissing people off!

He doesn't play by the "rule book" so to speak. He makes his own rules!

People don't get that.

"Why can't he do this, why can't he do that? Other bands/artists do it!"

"He'd be more popular if he did this!" Blah blah blah...

Axl had an MTV reporter meet him for an interview when he was getting out of jail,

True, what a great way to get his side of the story out to his fans.

made 3 of the most elaborate and expensive and greatest videos ever seen on TV,

Don't forget all the GN'R fans who hated them!

By the way, he didn't edit down the songs so they'd be played more on the radio.

Integrity.

had HUGE amazing over the top world tours, gave some of the most candid and honest interviews ever

Yeah, but on his terms.

You need to realize that not everybody who tours is whoring himself out. Not everybody doing interviews is doing them to become (more) famous.

Some people want to be seen. They need to be noticed, no matter what the cost.

Axl's obviously not one of them.

/jarmo

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2009, 09:50:04 PM »

Now?

Axl's always done things on his own terms.

That is essentially what is pissing people off!

He doesn't play by the "rule book" so to speak. He makes his own rules!

People don't get that.

"Why can't he do this, why can't he do that? Other bands/artists do it!"

"He'd be more popular if he did this!" Blah blah blah...

Axl had an MTV reporter meet him for an interview when he was getting out of jail,

True, what a great way to get his side of the story out to his fans.

made 3 of the most elaborate and expensive and greatest videos ever seen on TV,

Don't forget all the GN'R fans who hated them!

By the way, he didn't edit down the songs so they'd be played more on the radio.

Integrity.

had HUGE amazing over the top world tours, gave some of the most candid and honest interviews ever

Yeah, but on his terms.

You need to realize that not everybody who tours is whoring himself out. Not everybody doing interviews is doing them to become (more) famous.

Some people want to be seen. They need to be noticed, no matter what the cost.

Axl's obviously not one of them.

/jarmo

Axl has a way of stating himself that mesmerizes the reader/listener to the point they think there is no way Axl is being anything but 100% honest.  He can be humble and unassuming at times, even as he is intimidating the shit out of you and getting concessions before you realize it.  Someone you can't put a pulse on even as you are dying just to get a piece of.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: