Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 06:18:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228038 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75528 times)
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2009, 07:40:14 AM »

One show in 06 I waited 3 hours. Did my body hurt? Did my feet hurt? HELL YES!!!

But it was well worth it. I wasn't gonna spend $90 and then complain about one of the best rock shows I have ever seen.

I got goosebumps and the little hairs on my neck stood up.

I have an issue with people spending money to go see GNR and then complain about the time it takes Axl to get on stage. Axl is AXL. You should know that prior to spending money to go see the band. That is what makes GNR. Unpredictability.

If you want the show to start at 9pm on the dot and have no surprises... Bon Jovi is always touring.

GNR is not the band for you.

oh please.  Bon Jovi have guest stars onstage from time to time, At my show, Leann Rimes fuckin came out and did a duet!

Bon Jovi change their set list up EVERY show, want proof? I can give u a link, they let their fans VOTE on the encore song.

Bon Jovi also had the NUMBER 1 tour of 2007-2008.

so maybe u should choose a different band to try and make a dumb point with?

People don't realize that every person that buys a ticket isn't glued to the history of Axl Rose

If the dude is 3 hours late and someone gets mad? how the fuck can u get mad at somebody for being upset?

Its the ole turnaround thing people use on those who say I have freedom of speech

well, Axl has the right to do whatever he wants, he has the right to play what he wants, come on stage when he wants BUT those who buy tickets and are in the crowd also HAVE THE RIGHT to get pissed if they so choose.

If your home sports team is getting beat by a shit team, people boo..... It is the same thing. Your ticket, your right.

I like Bon Jovi. It wasn't an insult. They're a great band for their scene. They're Pop/Rock.

But GNR has the element of danger. I like going to the show and wondering if Axl is gonna throw a fit and storm off stage and say goodnight... OR you will watch the greatest damn show you've ever seen.

It's a toss up everytime. The 06 tour wasn't plagued with failures/cancelalations... to me it was successful, with the exception of a few dates.

I don't pay $100 or even $50 to go see a band I have no idea about. Maybe I shouldn't expect the same out of people... I don't want to overestimate intelligence out there.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2009, 09:03:36 AM »

Some people here need to get a dose of the real world 09' you cant roll up 2+ hours late and expect everyone be kiss ass unless you go by the name of Robert and Jimmy.   

I bet there's been people whining since the beginning of time!

The whole issue would be solv
ed if the gig tickets stated GNR -11pm onwards. Then nobody would complain or moan as they would know exactly what the deal is.

As far as I know, the tickets don't say when GN'R will be onstage.  Tongue

So if it says 8PM, you must be quite naive to expect the opening acts to be done by then!

Now, imagine that you have two opening acts plus the set change. And it all starts around 8PM....

/jarmo

Not my point, everybody knows there will be opening acts, I know the tickets dont tell you when GNR are on stage, perhaps they should. A lot of tickets do.. have the opening times and the time the main act starts. If GNR just put this on the tickets nobody would bitch about waiting and could sit in a bar outside the venue till 11 if they wished. The main gripe is that it takes 2+hours after the opening acts finish...this is been late and pisses people off.

The fans have paid extortionate ticket prices to start with so they have every right to be pissed.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2009, 10:20:21 AM »

Yeah, GNR killed hair poser bands, but they had absolutely zero effect on Bon Jovi and u know that is the truth.

Anyhow, a couple years ago, I was on a message forum and it is true, there are people out there who really dont know. I know that seems very hard to believe.

When someone buys a ticket and it has 8pm, they expect that regardless of the history or whatever.

If my brother or friend had tickets to GNR and I didn't tell them, they wouldn't know about the late starts etc.

GNR are authentic don't get me wrong, and if they don't care, we shouldn't care.
They didnt kill the glam metal movement. Because the glam bands were smart and blended with this change. 

They lost it when the alternative scene rose to popularity in the early 90s. No movement can last for ever.

But, no matter what people say. "its fake, its crap". It lasted a good 10 years. Name any other specific scenes that lasted an entire decade and generation.

Not very many. 

I dont care whos from the "streets" and who isnt. Not everybody has to be poor to pick up and instrument and put on a show. Of course, there is a level to everything. Example Runs son's band "Team Blackout" now thats a band you cant take seriously, thats a person thats loaded with money and didnt do anything to earn it. Thats a fake band.

All the glam bands barely had any money yet managed to fund and create an entertaining live experience, cant knock it. Even if you dont like the music, you cant knock the shows. No shoegazing. I would have to disagree with anyone that says Guns N Roses were not image conscious, lets be honest. They looked fucking cool. As for Axls crazy combinations of clothing, i doubt he just decided one day to wear those, thats some thought out stuff. He had his own trainers made for godsake haha. So lets cut the bullshit, all the bands you guys refer to offered the full package, whether people like to admit it or not. I cant knock any of them. They all played their instruments great and put on a REALLY good live show. Thats what its all about.

Most Glam Metal acts provided that, Bon Jovi (for a time) provided that, Guns N Roses certainly provided that.

Take the bands for what they are, they are people that love music, learnt to play an instrument. And then put on a good show.  That goes for the majority of alternative bands too. Just look at NIN's amazing stage set ups they have had over the years. Look at Marilyn Mansons images and "personas" he has taken over the years.  Look at the fuckin CRAZY shit Perry Farrel has wore in his time.

Ill take 90s and right back to the 50s music scenes over the 00s music scene anyday.

So D, Jarmo and every one else argueing over different bands and "integrity" and why they do this and why they dont. Lets just stop and respect that the artists may make some confusing, annoying, strange, or commercial decisions which you may not agree with. But aslong as they make music you continue to like, and put on shows that are worth the hard earned money. Its cool.

html sucks
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2009, 12:33:24 PM »

Some people here need to get a dose of the real world 09' you cant roll up 2+ hours late and expect everyone be kiss ass unless you go by the name of Robert and Jimmy.   

I bet there's been people whining since the beginning of time!

The whole issue would be solv
ed if the gig tickets stated GNR -11pm onwards. Then nobody would complain or moan as they would know exactly what the deal is.

As far as I know, the tickets don't say when GN'R will be onstage.  Tongue

So if it says 8PM, you must be quite naive to expect the opening acts to be done by then!

Now, imagine that you have two opening acts plus the set change. And it all starts around 8PM....

/jarmo

Not my point, everybody knows there will be opening acts, I know the tickets dont tell you when GNR are on stage, perhaps they should. A lot of tickets do.. have the opening times and the time the main act starts. If GNR just put this on the tickets nobody would bitch about waiting and could sit in a bar outside the venue till 11 if they wished. The main gripe is that it takes 2+hours after the opening acts finish...this is been late and pisses people off.

The fans have paid extortionate ticket prices to start with so they have every right to be pissed.

When I saw them at the Hammerstein and MSG in 2006; I didn't show up till about 10:30 and timed it just right hihi
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »

Extortionate?

What the fuck are you talking about?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2009, 01:46:08 PM »

Extortionate?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Maybe he's thinking GN'R tickets are expensive....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2009, 01:52:37 PM »

/jarmo

Maybe he needs to take a good look around.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »

/jarmo

Maybe he needs to take a good look around.

Perhaps!

I guess with a weekly allowance of $5, the tickets are expensive?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2009, 01:59:53 PM »

Perhaps!

I guess with a weekly allowance of $5, the tickets are expensive?

/jarmo

Maybe he could ask for a ticket for his birthday.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2009, 02:10:31 PM »

well if you're so broke you shouldn't. don't pester your parents for tix.
Blondie23
Opening Act

« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »

The whistles, shouts, and chants of 'GUNS AND ROSES' growing louder all added to the excitement of it all. Best Concert i've been to so far. i'd gladly wait for hours. As a compromise more bands to open the gigs would be great - unsighned even better  Kiss
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2009, 04:18:36 PM »

Whos broke? the only people that are broke are bums and the foolish bankers, AS to the ticket prices it was a reference to the entire live show scene. Its daylight robbery even at the smaller venues such as the Apollos and Academy's not there fault of course.
Anyway this whole thread has gone way off topic so my two cents on the subject at hand is print the tickets with two times opening acts ... GNR.....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2009, 04:20:49 PM »

If you pay for the ticket and want to bitch, you can.  If you go to a football game and want to boo, you can.  As long as people are paying for the tickets, i am not going to tell them how they must act as long as they don't brake any rules.  I don't like people who rock the boat either, but if the product you see on the field or on stage is poor, you have a right to bitch.  That being said, I have never had an urge to bitch at a GNR show.  But if i wanted to, I should be able to.
Josh
Headliner

« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2009, 04:33:00 PM »

If you pay for the ticket and want to bitch, you can.  If you go to a football game and want to boo, you can.  As long as people are paying for the tickets, i am not going to tell them how they must act as long as they don't brake any rules.  I don't like people who rock the boat either, but if the product you see on the field or on stage is poor, you have a right to bitch.  That being said, I have never had an urge to bitch at a GNR show.  But if i wanted to, I should be able to.

Maybe, but if I've got some jerk-off standing in front of me ruining my show and my experience by booing everything, well how is that fair? 
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »

Yeah, I also like to go boo at operas because the fat lady is hitting the high C a little flat.

What a bitch.
Jarrod
Opening Act

« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2009, 11:30:02 PM »

Here is the thing...GnR go on late...Okay, so some people wouldnt realise this (though you'd think they'd check online to read about bands/people theyre going to see...I do when Im seeing a band or performer that Im only a casual fan of)... Axl isnt going to change. And yes, you can winge about it, but its like pissing on a house fire, it does nothing, the fire still rages and Axl will still go on late.

You wanna boo and hiss and complain at a GnR show? Fine, but just dont expect the people around you to be too receptive and expect to get your face smashed in sometime either during or after the show.

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2009, 11:33:47 PM »

and if you had the nerve to do it next to me, i would punch your lights out for axl.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2009, 03:15:47 PM »

and if you had the nerve to do it next to me, i would punch your lights out for axl.

Nah, he'd bitch about stuff while they were performing TIL, so you'd be too busy sobbing to get in a fight  rofl
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2009, 03:30:03 PM »

Nah, he'd bitch about stuff while they were performing TIL, so you'd be too busy sobbing to get in a fight  rofl
yeah and then when TIL is done then everyone would kick the shit out of him

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2009, 07:54:33 PM »

Post of the day.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: