Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:49:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75222 times)
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2009, 01:24:49 PM »

I went to see AC/DC last week. It was a great show, 20,000+ people having a blast, dancing, and rocking their asses off. The first band left the stage at about 8:35-8:40, and AC/DC came on at 9 pm and played about 100 minutes. Everyone stood the whole time, a really great show. The experience was in no way  diminished nor was  it any less  of a rock n' roll experience by the fact the band came on stage on time and everyone was leaving the venue by about 11 pm.

Although my ears were ringing from the loudness, I got home at a reasonable hour, got some sleep, and was able to get up the next  morning and went to work. It was a really great experience from all perspectives--got to enjoy a great rock n' roll band and my next day was not fucked up.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2009, 01:32:04 PM »

Axl is always late,  

incorrect. if you go through the last tour some of  the shows started very early.

and he's apologized for the late start.  

probably it's not something he can do.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2009, 01:33:49 PM »

It's quite simple really... If you bought a ticket, you deserve to go and if you didn't like the show afterwards, it's your right to voice your unhappiness.

Oh, so you never saw people who attended the shows make ridiculous claims that you knew were bullshit?

All in the name of having an opinion....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2009, 01:34:06 PM »

The sooner you become a bit more humble, the better
The sooner you take your own advice, the better

This coming from one of the people who keeps whining about how I choose to run the site.  Roll Eyes

By the way, you're one of the last people I take advice from. Smiley

/jarmo

Run it as you wish. I could careless anymore.

I wasnt talking about how to run the site. I was saying you should take your own advice and be more humble

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2009, 01:39:25 PM »

I was saying you should take your own advice and be more humble

How would you know anything about that?

Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2009, 01:47:59 PM »

Great post on the AC/DC concert.

Like I have said a million times, Axl can do what he wants, but if he doesn't realize how his actions affect his band, their popularity is gonna continue to go down to where no promoter will won't to touch GNR. no promoter wants a blood bath at the box office.

not only is it not fair to the ticket buyer but it also isn't fair to the new members who are trying their best to earn cynical people's support.

It would be like buying a ticket to "The Wrestler" or some other movie and u have to sit through all the previews AND THEN wait another 90 minutes in darkness with the radio playing waiting. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:50:09 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2009, 01:48:31 PM »

by the things you do and dont do

Cool

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2009, 01:56:49 PM »

by the things you do and dont do

Cool

Just because I don't pretend to like you and laugh at your jokes, doesn't really mean I'm not humble.  ok

Like in real life, you can't please everybody. So why try? Especially when you don't even agree with those people to begin with.

Sorry if that offends you.

Like I have said a million times, Axl can do what he wants, but if he doesn't realize how his actions affect his band, their popularity is gonna continue to go down to where no promoter will won't to touch GNR. no promoter wants a blood bath at the box office.

And you know this how?

It would be like buying a ticket to "The Wrestler" or some other movie and u have to sit through all the previews AND THEN wait another 90 minutes in darkness with the radio playing waiting. 

Talk about a bad analogy!

You're saying getting up on stage is like turning the projector on.

How many shows have you played in front of thousands of people?

The truth is, people are spoiled.

So one night of the year you don't get to be in bed by 11PM. The horror!

You got to see your (supposed) favorite band play a great show and have a memory for life. Maybe you lost some sleep, so what?

So if the alternative is no concert and no memory for life. Is that better? At least you got to be in bed by 11PM.

There's a lot of fans who never had the chance to attend a show because GN'R never played anywhere close to them and they'd probably love to go see a show.

Even if it started at 1AM.

That's the difference.

Maybe I have a different point of view because all the concerts are away from home for me. GN'R's (and most big acts) closest shows to me are always hours away. So lack of sleep is the norm.

Also, are you guys upset when games go to overtime?

How many of you Canadians are upset when a hockey game doesn't end after three periods?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:10:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2009, 02:25:37 PM »

A-men, jarmo!  that should shut them up for a while. 

people are spoiled.  and they think it's axl's responsbility to keep spoiling them and if they just whine and cry enough like little children, then axl will suddenly change his mind and do exactly what they want, exactly when they want it.  well t.s.  the world doesn't work that way, and axl is no different. 

if you don't like staying up a little past your bed time, then you shouldn't be at a rock concert anways.  and certainly not gnr.  so do axl, the band, and the REAL fans a favor, and next time they're on tour STAY HOME!  your negativity will not be missed.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2009, 02:39:01 PM »

bad analogy Jarmo
I didn't say it is like turning a projector on, I am saying, if people had to wait in a theater 2 hours before the movie that was suppose to start at 7:30 came on, they would be screaming for a refund and would probably never come to that theater again. does that sound familiar? A band as HUGE as GNR should never play to half empty arenas, so u tell me why that is?

If the hockey game started 2 hours late, then hell yeah people be booing like hell.

my point is, nobody wants to wait 2 hours for their entertainment no matter how good it is.

like the AC/DC post above, they came on at 9pm and it was one of the greatest experience of those people's lives.

When I saw Prince in Knoxville, he came on at 9pm and it was still the greatest show I've ever seen

Had he came out at 11pm, I don't think that would change the quality of the show.

people hate waiting.

if Axl wanted to play from 9pm till 1am, that is fantastic. but when people wait around for 2 hours with nothing to do, normally u get pretty frustrated and bored which takes away from the concert experience.

if what I am saying isn't true, explain to me why the tours haven't had anything remotely resembling a sell out that wasn't in NY or something?

People either

A: fear he won't show
B: don't want to wait till 11:30Pm

It doesn't matter what u or I think a rock concert would be, it matters obviously to the thousands and thousands who no longer spend money on this band.

I told you, I have no problem with any of that. I wouldn't go to a GNR concert through the week due to College

weekend, sure! he can come out at 3am for all i care but u have to think bigger than just yourself and not many of u are doing that.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2009, 02:48:05 PM »

Just because I don't pretend to like you and laugh at your jokes, doesn't really mean I'm not humble. 

Like in real life, you can't please everybody. So why try? Especially when you don't even agree with those people to begin with.

Do you honestly think I care if you like me or not?  Your not humble because your not a classy guy. Your actions show that. You have a one track mind and if people arent in that lane then they can fuck off. Thats your mentality. It has nothing to do with agreeing with me or anyone else. Your whole attitude is lame and you lack class. Thats all.

if you don't like staying up a little past your bed time, then you shouldn't be at a rock concert anways.  and certainly not gnr.  so do axl, the band, and the REAL fans a favor, and next time they're on tour STAY HOME!  your negativity will not be missed.
I would bet the band members would disagree with your statement. If they had their choice Im sure they would rather play sooner than later.

I could careless about start times myself. It adds to the excitement, energy, and mystique of the show. I could see how it pisses people off but they know the deal going in. If I could fix one thing about GNR it def wouldnt be this.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:51:48 PM by younggunner » Logged

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2009, 03:06:07 PM »

Just because I don't pretend to like you and laugh at your jokes, doesn't really mean I'm not humble. 

Do you honestly think I care if you like me or not?  Your not humble because your not a classy guy. Your actions show that. You have a one track mind and if people arent in that lane then they can fuck off. Thats your mentality. It has nothing to do with agreeing with me or anyone else. Your whole attitude is lame and you lack class. Thats all.

I would bet the band members would disagree with your statement. If they had their choice Im sure they would rather play sooner than later.

I could careless about start times myself. It adds to the excitement, energy, and mystique of the show. I could see how it pisses people off but they know the deal going in. If I could fix one thing about GNR it def wouldnt be this.

To be fair, in your last paragraph there, you actually give your own opinion, which is reasonably parallel to Jarmo's opinion. If you were to purely opinionate, you wouldn't be arguing.

I like Guns' lateness. I am not keen on early finishes. That is my opinion.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2009, 03:10:03 PM »

I could see how it pisses people off but they know the deal going in. If I could fix one thing about GNR it def wouldnt be this.
and you can't see how the boo birds piss the fans off?

would be nice if you could kindly take your opinion on this board to somewhere else. thanks.

nobody wants to wait 2 hours for their entertainment no matter how good it is.

nobody?

I prefer to go to a restraint that serves heavenly meals to the fast foods, even if it takes time. guess other fans too.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2009, 03:13:57 PM »

I live in the 4th or 5th largest metropolitan area in the US, with over 5 million people. So it is not some small town with just a few music fans. The place where I saw AC/DC last week sells out for  the "big name" bands when they come through town: Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Eagles, Tom Petty, even Fleetwood Mac--they all sell out. In 2002, when GNR was supposed  to come (tour was canceled before they got here, and we got skipped in 2006 and 2007), that same arena was only half sold. Is it due to the lateness of the show or something else? Who knows, but it is significant that of all the big bands of that generation,  only GNR did not sell out.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2009, 03:20:24 PM »

oh yeah, i'm sure you have some special gift for reading the band's mind.  how arrogant you sound suggesting that the band wants something different than axl.  they are a band, afterall.  if they really thought it would be better to go on early and give the fans a half-assed show and a less-than-stellar performance, then they'd tell axl that and put it to a vote or something.  obviously, the band is plenty satisfied with putting on great shows and continuing the gnr tradition.  if it aint' broke, don't fix it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2009, 03:24:49 PM »

To be fair, in your last paragraph there, you actually give your own opinion, which is reasonably parallel to Jarmo's opinion. If you were to purely opinionate, you wouldn't be arguing.
I dont have a problem with opinions. Of course we all are going to have different opinions and ideas. And thats a good thing. Where I differ(prob not with you) is that I dont think someone isnt a fan because they dont have the same opinions of GNR that I might have.

I like Guns' lateness. I am not keen on early finishes. That is my opinion.
agreed

and you can't see how the boo birds piss the fans off?

would be nice if you could kindly take your opinion on this board to somewhere else. thanks.
The boo birds at a show piss me off too! So we share the same opinion..can I stay now love

oh yeah, i'm sure you have some special gift for reading the band's mind.  how arrogant you sound suggesting that the band wants something different than axl.  they are a band, afterall.  if they really thought it would be better to go on early and give the fans a half-assed show and a less-than-stellar performance, then they'd tell axl that and put it to a vote or something.  obviously, the band is plenty satisfied with putting on great shows and continuing the gnr tradition.  if it aint' broke, don't fix it.

No special gift just some common sense. The old band hated going on late. That doesnt mean the new lineup hates it but Im sure if they had to choose they would prob go on a lil earlier. The person that decides what is best for the band and what they do is Axl not the band for the most part.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 03:30:30 PM by younggunner » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2009, 03:30:36 PM »

my experience on the internet has been, that most people think that everyone should or does think how they do.

I have my opinion but I can sit here and I can take in someone elses opinion and even though I may not agree, I can absolutely see where they are coming from.

Start times for myself really don't matter. Like I said, I know the deal and therefore would only go to a GNR concert in the summer or on a weekend.

I am not naive to sit here and say/think that every person in the universe knows this.  We have this mentality that because we know, everybody knows and that isn't the case.

most people frown upon tardiness. that is just how we are conditioned as a society. Me? I am always late, so once again, at a GNR show, I wouldn't boo or get pissed but I'm not gonna talk shit about somebody or hate on someone else who does get pissed cause I can totally see their point of view on this.

u have to think bigger than yourself and what in the end would be best for the band.  Does it make people as fans happy to see GNR go from the biggest band of its era to a few steps above the Rocklahoma acts?

I want more for GNR and I want what they should be but yes yes, I know  it isn't about what I want, so i'll sit back and be silent and will continue to watch one of the biggest bands ever continue to go down and down in popularity.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2009, 03:33:01 PM »

Your not humble because your not a classy guy. Your actions show that. You have a one track mind and if people arent in that lane then they can fuck off. Thats your mentality. It has nothing to do with agreeing with me or anyone else. Your whole attitude is lame and you lack class. Thats all.

You wouldn't know class if it bit you in your ass.  hihi

If that's my mentality, it's the same many others have.

You see, it's about getting a message through.

You can try to be nice, but then after a few years you realize being nice isn't getting the message across, so you might have to try something else.

I am saying, if people had to wait in a theater 2 hours before the movie that was suppose to start at 7:30 came on, they would be screaming for a refund and would probably never come to that theater again. does that sound familiar?

It's not really the same because we're not talking about similar things.

How can I explain to you that waiting for a TV program or movie is different than waiting for a person or persons to do something?

Sure, if the band were a bunch of robots with no feelings, you'd have a better analogy.

A band as HUGE as GNR should never play to half empty arenas, so u tell me why that is?

You tell me, seems like you have all the answers.

I know several reasons why all shows don't sell out.

If the hockey game started 2 hours late, then hell yeah people be booing like hell.

No, the point was, are you upset because it didn't finish on time.

my point is, nobody wants to wait 2 hours for their entertainment no matter how good it is.

That's just wrong.

I bet at every show you can find people who don't mind at all.

As usual, they're just not as vocal as those who do mind wasting their "precious*" time.

Did you forget that on the last tour they had opening acts?

like the AC/DC post above, they came on at 9pm and it was one of the greatest experience of those people's lives.

I bet!

if what I am saying isn't true, explain to me why the tours haven't had anything remotely resembling a sell out that wasn't in NY or something?

Promotion, promotion, promotion.

he can come out at 3am for all i care but u have to think bigger than just yourself and not many of u are doing that.

Yeah, I'm not thinking about what's best/easiest for me.

Which is the opposite of what most of these upset people do.

Guns N' Roses is probably the last great real rock n' roll band and I wouldn't want them to change that just to cater to peoples' family lives and work schedules.

If GN'R wants to do a tour of playing afternoon matinee shows, so everybody in the audience can nap before dinner, great.

But until then, they can do what they feel like and it's fine with me.

I dont have a problem with opinions. Of course we all are going to have different opinions and ideas. And thats a good thing.

Good, you don't have a problem with different opinions. How come you can't understand that we might have different definitions of what a fan is?

I dont think that someone isnt a fan because they dont have the same opinions of GNR that I might have.

This is what I meant.

First you don't have a problem with different opinions and then get "upset" because somebody (me) has a different opinion.

Huh

I happen to think that this site isn't for those fans who think it's their obligation to bash the band and its members. I also don't think I have to welcome them with open arms.

So I'm not allowed to think that?

But I thought you didn't have a problem with it!

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2009, 03:41:14 PM »

yeah Jarmo but u think your definition is the Be all End All of definitions.

I read something Bruce Springsteen said yesterday.

he gave Wal Mart a greatest hits exclusive CD and apparently a bunch of his fan's got pretty pissed due to Wal Mart's worker policy.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/12176684

Some fans were critical because Springsteen has been a longtime supporter of worker's rights, and Wal-Mart has faced criticism for its labor practices. Springsteen's team didn't vet the issue as closely as it should have, and that he "dropped the ball on it," he told the Times for a story to be published in Sunday editions and previewed on its Web site.

Springsteen went on to say: "It was a mistake. Our batting average is usually very good, but we missed that one. Fans will call you on that stuff, as it should be."

so see, on one hand ,artists appreciate their fans feedback, but on here, any kind of criticism is met with "U aren't a fan" and that is BS.

I for one, would never criticize this band if I wasn't a fan. I just have a deep connection to GNR and hate seeing the legacy ruined and the ball dropped on CD.

I think u put too much emphasis on starting late. As if GNR would be any less rock at 9pm as compared to 11:30pm.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2009, 03:49:54 PM »

You wouldn't know class if it bit you in your ass.  
good one ok

This is what I meant.

First you don't have a problem with different opinions and then get "upset" because somebody (me) has a different opinion.

I happen to think that this site isn't for those fans who think it's their obligation to bash the band and its members. I also don't think I have to welcome them with open arms.

So I'm not allowed to think that?

But I thought you didn't have a problem with it!
Again, I dont have a problem with anyones opinion. I agree that bashing is pointless and doesnt have to exist here. But the problem is you think constructive criticism is bashing. That is where things go haywire around here. You have too broad of an interpretation on what bashing is.

We would all agree that Mygnr is run a lot differently than this site. I have said for years and still maintain that this is still the top message board.
But how come Eric Romano gets a Thank You from Axl when his forum is completely different then this site? And this is where your lack of class pops up... in an ugly way...

How come Eric Romano can thank the people and members of his site/forum for getting it to where it is(an Axl thank you)? Especially when most people dont know much about him.

And here we have you, who is widely known amongst the GNr internet community, cant thank your mods and members of the forum who has helped made your site forum what it is today(an axl thank you, trips to LA, tour hopping,etc). Why is that? (and if you have please show me the thread).

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=131077&hl=

How come Eric Romano can take a minute of his time to reply to my pm of congratulations for making the booklet? Especially when I have no communication with the guy and dont think too highly of his forum. Nor am I even a regular there. Yet when I send you a pm and offer to put our differences aside for a moment and congratulate you on making the book and what you have achieved with the site I still havnt recieved a response. That is why you lack class. When your head comes out of the clouds then maybe you will have a better perspective and some class. Who knows

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 03:54:00 PM by younggunner » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: