Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 02:25:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228054 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75606 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2009, 03:52:17 PM »

Who cares what their rating are after the performance? It's irrelevant to the argument.
The relevance of my 'ratings' comment is because Bridge suggested that when someone buys a ticket that entitles them to tell the band what their job description entails (i.e., be at the venue at such-n-such time;  hit the stage at such-n-such time; play 'these' songs instead of 'those' songs; etc.)

Axl is always late, and that kind of sucks. I have obviously always stuck around, but it would be more considerate to all the people who bought tickets to not leaving them waiting around all night.
So when you/they were considering buying tickets to a GNR show, youze were totally unaware of what time GNR generally hits the stage??  confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2009, 03:54:10 PM »

please just ban younggunner.  he's ruining this site and this band for the real fans.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2009, 03:56:18 PM »

please just ban younggunner.  he's ruining this site and this band for the real fans.
what rules have I broken?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2009, 03:56:55 PM »

yeah Jarmo but u think your definition is the Be all End All of definitions.

Umm, no.

Are you serious? Really?

Some of you have a very weird picture in your heads about what I am.

The truth is, I don't really give a fuck what you think about anything. Blunt but true.

But I have the right to decide what kind of people I prefer in my own house.

If I decided I wouldn't want anybody below the age of 30 to post here, I could decide that.

It's kinda up to me....

If you believe in the band and support them, chances are you'll feel welcome here. Even if you only own one album.

Now, if Mr Superfan has bought all the albums and spent all his money on tickets, t-shirts etc. and still feels like putting down the band day after day, chances are he'll get called out on it.

artists appreciate their fans feedback, but on here, any kind of criticism is met with "U aren't a fan" and that is BS.

What a nice generalization.

Look up the difference between constructive criticism and pointless whining.

The Springsteen/Walmart thing is a bit different.

Are his fans whining about his setlists all day long and how he should act?

As far as I can remember, GN'R fans who were discussing the exclusivity deal made it known how much they disliked Walmart.

We would all agree that Mygnr is run a lot differently than this site. I have said for years and still maintain that this is still the top message board.
But how come Eric Romano gets a Thank You from Axl when his forum is completely different then this site? And this is where your lack of class pops up... in an ugly way...

How come Eric Romano can thank the people and members of his site/forum for getting it to where it is(an Axl thank you)? Especially when most people dont know much about him.

And here we have you, who is widely known amongst the GNr internet community, cant thank your mods and members of the forum who has helped made your site forum what it is today(an axl thank you, trips to LA, tour hopping,etc). Why is that? (and if you have please show me the thread).

How come Eric Romano can take a minute of his time to reply to my pm of congratulations for making the booklet? Especially when I have no communication with the guy and dont think too highly of his forum. Nor am I even a regular there. Yet when I send you a pm and offer to put our differences aside for a moment and congratulate you on making the book and what you have achieved with the site I still havnt recieved a response. That is why you lack class. When your head comes out of the clouds then maybe you will have a better perspective and some class. Who knows

Ask all the people other who sent me Personal Messages or e-mails.

So I didn't reply to your message. Maybe it's got more to do with how you are and less about how I am.

FYI: I decided not to make a big deal out of it. Even if it means a lot to me personally.

It's just not my style. Sorry.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2009, 03:57:54 PM »

Are you really that clueless? Nowhere did I say they come here because of me. But that's what you had to do. Make it personal.

You made it personal by stating "It's my site, and I determine who it's aimed at."  And while I acknowledge that it is indeed your site, the name GUNS N ROSES decides who comes and visits it.  That's it.  And that's the truth.

By your logic, any place that has a sign that says Bar should allow anyone in as long as they like to drink. Hey, after all, bars are for drinking and drinkers right?

Uh, yes actually.

So by your logic, a bar could not kick out any idiots that disturb their operations.

How about a Guns N' Roses concert?

It doesn't matter what kind of a moron it is, he/she is a fan and can not be evicted. Right?

Right.  Because you see, what you have here is a failure to understand what I'm saying.  Just because someone disagrees with you, you construe that as "disturbing operations".  Using your bar analogy, if a guy walks in and wants to drink the beer that happens to not be the most popular beer, you're implying that he should be kicked out.  Same with this site.  Anybody who doesn't share the most popular opinions (or yours), you're insinuating they are troublemakers who should be evicted from the premises.  It's ridiculous.

The sooner you become a bit more humble, the better.

How ironic.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 04:18:26 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2009, 04:01:53 PM »

Right.  Because you see, what you have here is a failure to understand what I'm saying.  Just because someone disagrees with you, you construe that as "disturbing operations".  Using your bar analogy, if a guy walks in and wants to drink the beer that happens to not be the most popular beer, you're implying that he should be kicked out.  Same with this site.  Anybody who doesn't share the most popular opinions (or yours), you're insinuating they are troublemakers who should be evicted from the premises.  It's ridiculous.

It's only ridiculous to those who are the so called troublemakers.  ok

Just like idiots who like to start bar fights wouldn't agree with being stopped at the door every night.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2009, 04:03:31 PM »

Ask all the people other who sent me Personal Messages or e-mails.

So I didn't reply to your message. Maybe it's got more to do with how you are and less about how I am.

FYI: I decided not to make a big deal out of it. Even if it means a lot to me personally.

It's just not my style. Sorry.
I know of one other person who didnt recieve a response from you and who is probably much less hated than me.

And its Eric Romanos style? Give me a break. Fine you want to hold your little anger issues you have against me and not reply because your an internet tough guy, thats cool/fine.
But to not write a quick simple message to the people of this site then well thats just not classy. Beta, Fernando, Vanessa, and the people you bring on tour with you dont count. Im talking about thanking the thousands of memebers you have here and the millions of hits that you have had over the years. Those are the people who deserve the thank you. You can say its not your style all you want. It has nothing to do with style. Again, it comes back to being about you. Its not your style. Give me a break.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 04:07:21 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2009, 04:05:03 PM »

.  I came with fourteen people and left with nine at the conclusion of Paradise City as five of my friends had to leave due to work the next morning or couldn't afford cab fare because the subway system in Toronto shuts down at 1:30.  

That's another important point to make.  In many cities, the metros and subways shut down after a certain time.  Axl going on late could very well leave many fans stranded if he doesn't go on at a reasonable time.

Of course, I'm sure there will be some idiots who say "well, don't take the metro then!"  In some cities (Washington D.C. is a good example), it's virtually impossible to drive all the way to the venue.  The Verizon center (where Axl was supposed to play in 2002 before the tour got cancelled) only has a few hundred parking spaces in its garage.  And many parking garages are closed after a certain hour, and some aren't open at all on weekends.  Add to that the horrendous D.C., area traffic conditions, and most people are FORCED to take the metro in.

Bottom line: when so many people are going to great lengths and driving great distances to attend the show to support YOU, you DO indeed owe it to them to go onstage at a reasonable time, rather than jeopardizing their ability to get home at a reasonable hour.  Why?  Because as I said, they're paying for the tickets, which pay your salary!

The relevance of my 'ratings' comment is because Bridge suggested that when someone buys a ticket that entitles them to tell the band what their job description entails (i.e., be at the venue at such-n-such time;  hit the stage at such-n-such time; play 'these' songs instead of 'those' songs; etc.)

Learn how to read.  The obvious context of my post (which you quoted but still couldn't comprehend) criticized the time only.  I never once mentioned or implied anything about setlists or how the band performed once they took the stage.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 04:17:47 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2009, 04:07:41 PM »

I know of one other person who didnt recieve a response from you and who is probably much less hated than me.

Ok, tell that other person to try again.

At the time of the album's release, I was out traveling.

And its Eric Romanos style? Give me a break.

I didn't say so. I said it's not my style to "brag".

Anything you said after that is your own personal opinion and not based on anything I said. So no need for me to "defend" myself.

Smiley

/jarmo

sandman
Legend

« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »

quote from axl from 1992...

"I don't want to make people sit around and wait - it drives me nuts. That hour-and-a-half or two-hour time period that I'm late going onstage is living hell, because I'm wishing there was any way on earth I could get out of where I am and knowing I'm not going to be able to make it."

so he acknowledges that it's not normal and a pain in the ass. he even feels bad about it.

BUT, if you are a gnr fan that has ever complained about it, you shouldn't go to thier shows (according to the first post of this ridiculous thread).

does that actually make sense to anyone?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2009, 04:11:02 PM »

So?

Who said you had to brag? Where in the link below is there an ounce of someone bragging?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=131077&hl=

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2009, 04:13:13 PM »

quote from axl from 1992...

"I don't want to make people sit around and wait - it drives me nuts. That hour-and-a-half or two-hour time period that I'm late going onstage is living hell, because I'm wishing there was any way on earth I could get out of where I am and knowing I'm not going to be able to make it."

so he acknowledges that it's not normal and a pain in the ass. he even feels bad about it.

BUT, if you are a gnr fan that has ever complained about it, you shouldn't go to thier shows (according to the first post of this ridiculous thread).

does that actually make sense to anyone?
so why bands like Kiss are pretty rsonable on time, and they have to put on make up and costumes  hihi
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2009, 04:16:57 PM »

If I decided I wouldn't want anybody below the age of 30 to post here, I could decide that.

You'd be eliminating almost all the fans of the current lineup if you did that.   hihi
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »

Learn how to read.  The obvious context of my post criticized the time only.  I never once mentioned or implied anything about setlists or how the band performed once they took the stage.
The CONTEXT of your post is that FANS can criticize/evaluate/rate how Axl does his "job" because THEY decided to buy a ticket to HIS show.   Roll Eyes

When thousands of people buy tickets which in turn pay Axl's salary, THEY are his responsibility.  That's his job.  Period.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2009, 04:19:59 PM »

It's only ridiculous to those who are the so called troublemakers.  ok

Just like idiots who like to start bar fights wouldn't agree with being stopped at the door every night.
/jarmo

But around here, you can't seem to differentiate between those who start barfights and those who just disagree about what the popular beer is.

The CONTEXT of your post is that FANS can criticize/evaluate/rate how Axl does his "job" because THEY decided to buy a ticket to HIS show.

Yeah, and you conveniently ignored everything else that I said in that post which was made it crystal clear that I was referring to time.  Once again, twisting my words around.

Here, let me refresh your memory....

it's like do you think axl will read this and say, 'oh okay... because this one guy doesn't like staying up late for a rock concert

More like thousands...

i can't believe you can be that selfish.  axl has one responbility:  axl.  not you,

The selfish comment is ironic because you're wrong.  When Axl goes on late, he's the selfish one.  Why?  Because your other statement is also wrong.  When thousands of people buy tickets which in turn pay Axl's salary, THEY are his responsibility.  That's his job.  Period.

I do agree that complaining won't change Axl, it certainly never has.  But don't delude yourselves into thinking that everyone has to concur with Axl's tardiness.  And it doesn't make someone any less of a "fan" because they don't agree with everything Axl does.

And yes, when people PAY to see Axl, they DO indeed have the right to criticize anything they want.  To suggest otherwise is absurd and fanatical.  Now grow up and learn to read.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 04:25:32 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2009, 04:30:44 PM »

So?

So I wasn't at home and might have had less time to do stuff like reply to messages.

Who said you had to brag? Where in the link below is there an ounce of someone bragging?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=131077&hl=

I said it didn't feel right to me to start patting my own back. Which is what it kinda reminds me of if I had started talking about it.

I didn't say he or anybody else is doing it. Before you claim I did.

I get attacked for being the way I am, the way I run my site, the way I apparently think, the way I don't thank people enough.

Smiley

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2009, 04:39:31 PM »

So I wasn't at home and might have had less time to do stuff like reply to messages.
You still travelling the world? Im sure a lot of people were just as busy as you and still dropped you a message. Im sure a lot of people just as busy as you stopped by the site and created an account.

I said it didn't feel right to me to start patting my own back. Which is what it kinda reminds me of if I had started talking about it.

I didn't say he or anybody else is doing it. Before you claim I did.
A simple message would have done the job. Instead you decide to keep your head in the clouds.

I get attacked for being the way I am, the way I run my site, the way I apparently think, the way I don't thank people enough.
where is the violin icon when you need it

Smiley

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »

And yes, when people PAY to see Axl, they DO indeed have the right to criticize anything they want.  To suggest otherwise is absurd and fanatical.  Now grow up and learn to read.
So it's absurd and fanatical to be aware of and expect what time GNR generally hits the stage ..... but it's not stupid to criticize them for coming on-stage at the time when they usually always do because you paid for the ticket.  confused

Okay.  I got it.  ok   I'm a big grown-up girl now.  Grin

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2009, 04:48:46 PM »

So it's absurd and fanatical to be aware of and expect what time GNR generally hits the stage ..... but it's not stupid to criticize them for coming on-stage at the time when they usually always do because you paid for the ticket. 

I agree that it should be expected but just because you're aware of it doesn't mean you can't criticize.  That seems to be the buzzline around here.  Axl's flaws are excusable and justifiable just because we're aware of them.

Okay.  I got it.  ok   I'm a big grown-up girl now.  Grin

Glad to hear it.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2009, 05:26:27 PM »

I agree that it should be expected but just because you're aware of it doesn't mean you can't criticize.  That seems to be the buzzline around here.  Axl's flaws are excusable and justifiable just because we're aware of them.
I also agree that a person's flaws are NOT excusable or justifiable just because we're aware of them.

But in this particular case, a lot of the things that most people criticize as "flaws" are, IMO, the things that personify the "character" that he is presenting to the public.

And to many of us, it is that "flawed personification" combined with his and the band's talents that has endeared us to the point of mesmerized-fanaticism.

It's sorta like the same reason some people are attracted to a tv character like Dexter.  It's not that you're necessarily a fan of serial killers but it's the way Michael C. Hall uses his talents to portray that "flawed" character that keeps people coming back week after week to see who, how and why he's gonna murder someone.   

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: