Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:33:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75221 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2009, 05:41:11 PM »

I see good points on both sides of this.

Jarmo and I don't really see eye to eye on things anymore BUT in his defense, he really hasn't banned any of the long time vets who don't share his opinion. the fact I am still here is a testament to that.

I just wonder what Axl is talking about when he says he wishes he could go out earlier.  so he is actually AT the arena way before show time, he just has stage fright or something?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2009, 05:51:31 PM »

Im sure a lot of people were just as busy as you and still dropped you a message. Im sure a lot of people just as busy as you stopped by the site and created an account.

Let's just get this straight.

Just because I didn't respond to a guy who's been trying to "move on" numerous times doesn't mean I don't reply to any messages/e-mails.

I bet the other guy who's message I didn't reply to is your "non-friend".

Just because I don't like you, doesn't mean that the same goes for every other poster here.  Cheesy

The thing people need to realize about you is that I gave you plenty of opportunities, but you come to a point when you realize that it's a waste of time.

So you wanted to, once again, move on when you saw my name in the album booklet. Good for you.

I just had enough of your games a long time ago.

A simple message would have done the job. Instead you decide to keep your head in the clouds.

Yeah, you would know because I don't answer to your messages or want anything to do with you.

That must make you an expert.

hihi

Just for the record, anybody who thinks that I don't appreciate the moderators, the people who visit the site or the real fans who post/read this board, is truly a moron.

Sorry, but even hinting that I think the opposite is stupid.

I think the problem is people who start taking themselves too seriously.

One person didn't make the board what it is. It's a combination of things. It's the rules, the way it's ran and the posters.

If a poster leaves, it doesn't necessarily mean the board will change. But if we change the rules or how we run the board, it will change.

Now, some of you might say that I think I'm above everybody else blah blah blah. Well, the truth is, I started it.

You can't really change that fact. I don't really mention it daily, but that's how it is.

Does it make me special? In some ways. I mean, this site only had one person who started it. So I guess that could be considered special.....

Does it make me better than all the other posters, no.

I just wonder what Axl is talking about when he says he wishes he could go out earlier.  so he is actually AT the arena way before show time, he just has stage fright or something?

I'm not an expert, but I can imagine it being a lot of things.

You have to be ready.

It's like going into a fight with the attitude that you're gonna win.... You're mentally ready to kick some fucking ass. And the show is your release.

Instead of going into it with the attitude that you'll get your ass kicked.

People need to realize that this doesn't necessarily apply to all live performing musicians.

Just because some band can go on at 9PM sharp and perform a stellar set doesn't mean that it works for everybody else.

We're talking about human beings, not machines.

Maybe some think it's nice to be able to step on stage on time night after night to get the "job" done as soon as possible.

It's just ironic reading so many saying things like they understand that we're different and that we have different opinions. But they don't seem to understand that Axl is different and that he should change.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 06:02:24 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #242 on: January 31, 2009, 06:25:46 PM »

That part is cool Jarmo, just seems, maybe I am misinterpreting, but its like you think a band isn't "True Rock" if they go out on time.

I think axl is the exception and not the rule. If he has things he has to overcome to perform, i feel bad, cause in the fans eyes, he is a legend and can do absolutely no wrong on stage.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #243 on: January 31, 2009, 06:46:15 PM »

That part is cool Jarmo, just seems, maybe I am misinterpreting, but its like you think a band isn't "True Rock" if they go out on time.

No, for me true rock n' roll is doing what you think is right instead of doing what others think you should be doing. To not conform to the "rule book" just because everybody says you have to.

It's about integrity. It's about doing things from your heart instead of being motivated by the wallet.

I don't know why that is so hard for some to understand.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #244 on: January 31, 2009, 06:55:29 PM »

It isn't hard to understand, like I said, that is fine, but at what price? I think u can keep your integrity and still be a little more accessible to the fan base.

y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2009, 07:34:27 PM »

It isn't hard to understand, like I said, that is fine, but at what price? I think u can keep your integrity and still be a little more accessible to the fan base.

I completely agree with this. I love Axl, hell I worship the dude, but he needs to speak out a bit more

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2009, 07:39:11 PM »

It depends.

Accessible? To do things for the sake of doing things or to do them because you want to?

Every time Axl has said something, he's gotten thanked at first and then attacked because something didn't go as he had hoped.

When you start doing things just because you have to, that's often when things become less fun and more like a job.

And also, GN'R has always done things their way.

/jarmo

y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2009, 07:41:49 PM »

Thats true, but people would be a hell of a lot more grateful if he did a bit more publicity. I don't mean pics of him everywhere. Just an interview now and then maybe a tv  appearance or two.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2009, 07:57:02 PM »

Thats true, but people would be a hell of a lot more grateful if he did a bit more publicity. I don't mean pics of him everywhere. Just an interview now and then maybe a tv  appearance or two.

I understand that as fans we'd love to see the band everywhere.

But you have to see the other side of the coin. I believe that if they don't think right now is the time for photos, interviews, videos etc., then they have a pretty good reason for it.

I respect that.

They put out the album when they thought it was time. And it was definitely worth it.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »

I can speak for a lot of the GNR community when I think what frustrates us the most is, the fact we thought CD would be the start of great things.

So far, it has come and gone and we are in the exact same spot we were in 10 years ago with no activity whatsoever.

It is frustrating for me to see one of my fave artists seemingly piss away his entire career. That does make me selfish because it is HIS life and HIS career, I just think he could be ruling the world and making a difference, instead of just standing on the sidelines.

Hopefully I am gonna be wrong on this but does Axl even really want to do this anymore?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2009, 08:26:48 PM »

I can speak for a lot of the GNR community when I think what frustrates us the most is, the fact we thought CD would be the start of great things.

So far, it has come and gone and we are in the exact same spot we were in 10 years ago with no activity whatsoever.

You have the album, listen to it.  Cheesy

Nobody has said anything about there not going to be any kind of promotion.

As I've said over and over again, the constant whining about the supposed silence is not helping anybody. Except maybe yourselves.

For some weird reason, this is considered "constructive criticism" by some.

"They're not talking to us". What is so constructive about that?

Besides, it was only about two months when the album was released.

Axl was on these boards before the holidays.

I don't know how those two alone could be compared to 1999.

People forget very fast.

It's a constant "I want....".

At what point are people gonna stop for a minute to think about what they have and be grateful, instead of constantly thinking about what they want next?

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2009, 09:28:55 PM »

The message board thing was awesome but Jarmo, the time they start doing something, isn't it going to be too late to save this album?

Also, I think it really sucks, that the band members are out with so many different bands, Axl couldn't do anything right now if he wanted to.

I still will never accept band members being out doing that shit when your main band has a brand new CD out.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »

The message board thing was awesome but Jarmo, the time they start doing something, isn't it going to be too late to save this album?

No.

Why?

A lot of US music buyers who don't visit Best Buy haven't even seen the physical CD yet.

Also, I think it really sucks, that the band members are out with so many different bands, Axl couldn't do anything right now if he wanted to.

How come?

Do you think they're scheduling solo appearances knowing that it would collide with GN'R?

I don't.

For example Dizzy has always been out playing with his other bands but that hasn't stopped GN'R from touring in 2006 or 2007.

/jarmo

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »

doing small shows here and there, or a small tour as a session guitarist i don't think would impact GnR.

i think joining another big band who were planning a world tour, just a few months before CD came out IS doing something knowing it will collide with GnR.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2009, 10:03:49 PM »

i think joining another big band who were planning a world tour, just a few months before CD came out IS doing something knowing it will collide with GnR.

If you're talking about Robin, only he knows his future plans. He hasn't been interested in sharing those plans with us as of now, so we don't know.

/jarmo

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »

man, jarmo... you deserve a gold medal for being the ultimate gnr fan.  everyone's interogatting you left and right.  you show great PATIENCE in dealing with all the absurd questioning.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »

It's not that you're necessarily a fan of serial killers but it's the way Michael C. Hall uses his talents to portray that "flawed" character that keeps people coming back week after week to see who, how and why he's gonna murder someone.   

That isn't a good analogy because you aren't directly affected by that character's "flaws".  Axl's behavior on the other hand, does directly affect the people who attend his shows.  As we've already discussed, Axl's tardiness results in ticket-buying fans standing around waiting forever, getting home inordinately late, and possibly missing the bus, metro, or subway that may only run up to a certain hour.  As I said, when you have that many fans who are buying tickets which pay your salary, and going to extraordinary lengths travel-wise to see the show, I don't think it's too much to ask to go on at a reasonable hour.

As far as the band "guaranteeing" an exact time for which they go on -- well, maybe they don't.  But it's one of those things where unwritten ethics apply.  Any reasonable person with even average sensibility is going to find it egregious if they have to wait two hours between the opening act and the headliner, even if the time wasn't guaranteed.

Essentially, this issue breaks down into two viewpoints....

1. Axl shouldn't be late all the damn time.
2. Fans attending concerts should know that Axl is late all the damn time and expect it.

Both viewpoints are valid.  I just take exception with the mentality around here that only viewpoint #2 is legitimate, which is the attitude presented every time someone chastises someone else for chastising Axl about the time.

I agree with this.  And I don't think Axl should necessarily do more interviews or anything like that.  I don't give a damn about those things because they don't matter in the big picture.  But when it comes to going onstage, as far as I'm concerned, there is a price to be paid for that many people loving your work enough to buy a ticket and show up.  Most people take off an entire day and spend a lot of money (notwithstanding the ticket cost) just to travel and show up at the venue.  That's tougher to do in the U.S. these days because the huge recession has affected our pocketbooks so much.  So the least Axl could do to acknowledge that is take the stage at a reasonable hour.  I don't see that as a huge compromise on his part.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:34:23 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2009, 11:03:58 PM »

So the least Axl could do to acknowledge that is take the stage at a reasonable hour.  I don't see that as a huge compromise on his part.

There you go again.

Did you even try to consider that what works for you might not work for everybody else?

You don't see the "huge compromise"? Maybe that's because you're not Axl? Maybe he does!

You seem to think that he does it on purpose.

Maybe going on stage is a bit different than you going to school/work. Maybe it requires more energy to stand in front of thousands of people and connect with the audience than to sit in a classroom listening to a teacher or deliver newspapers?

Maybe he could go on at 8PM and act like he's having fun so you can be home before 11PM.

But who knows, maybe you'd think the show sucked and felt like Axl was just up there doing a job....

Nah, that's impossible.

You'd just be delighted to get what you ordered.

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2009, 11:18:52 PM »

Let's just get this straight.
Just because I didn't respond to a guy who's been trying to "move on" numerous times doesn't mean I don't reply to any messages/e-mails.

Again, my main point isnt just about me. Like I said, if you hate me that much over God knows what thats fine. My feelings arent hurt nor do I feel left out of your little fantasy world.

I just think something like what Eric did would have been a nice touch to the community. BUt if your circle of friends is the only thing that matters thats fine too.

I bet the other guy who's message I didn't reply to is your "non-friend".

actually its not

Just because I don't like you, doesn't mean that the same goes for every other poster here.  Cheesy
your such a badass ....cool duudeeeeeee  love

The thing people need to realize about you is that I gave you plenty of opportunities, but you come to a point when you realize that it's a waste of time.

So you wanted to, once again, move on when you saw my name in the album booklet. Good for you.

I just had enough of your games a long time ago

Games?? Just because I have different ideas of what a fan is or thoughts on GNR than you doesnt mean Im playing games.

Yeah, you would know because I don't answer to your messages or want anything to do with you.

That must make you an expert.

stop acting like youve never responded to my pms. Your lil power trip started AFTER I sent you a congratulations pm. not before. Before that you would always respond to my pms.

I think the problem is people who start taking themselves too seriously.
Grin ok

One person didn't make the board what it is. It's a combination of things. It's the rules, the way it's ran and the posters.
there ya go...you did it!...was that so hard afterall?

Now, some of you might say that I think I'm above everybody else blah blah blah. Well, the truth is, I started it.

You can't really change that fact. I don't really mention it daily, but that's how it is.
Noone expects you to mention it daily. Like I have said many times...you deserve everything that comes your way

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:21:44 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2009, 11:19:37 PM »

There you go again.

Did you even try to consider that what works for you might not work for everybody else?

And there YOU go again.  What I said was that when Axl is paid substantial amounts of money by the audience, it shouldn't be a huge compromise to deliver for these people.  When you're being paid to work for people, as Axl is, you work for those people!  It becomes more than being just about YOU.

You seem to think that he does it on purpose.

So what, you think he does it by accident?

Maybe going on stage is a bit different than you going to school/work. Maybe it requires more energy to stand in front of thousands of people and connect with the audience than to sit in a classroom listening to a teacher or deliver newspapers?

I'm sure it does, but that doesn't change the fact that the fans are paying him to do it.  Besides, it's not like he doesn't have time to warm up for the show.  He's there hours in advance.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: