Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 11:47:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I need Rock Band 2 Help!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need Rock Band 2 Help!  (Read 1225 times)
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: January 26, 2009, 01:12:34 PM »

Okay! everywhere I go, I cannot seem to get a straight answer on this, so I am hoping that some fellow gunners will be able to help me. I have recently bought Guitar Hero: World Tour for my PS3 for entertaining purposes. I chose to buy the GH game because of more options with the equipment (ie additional symbal on drums ) So, that said, I would like to buy either Rock Band 1 or 2 (just the disc) to expand my library of playable songs. Especially with Shackler's and future GNR songs on RB.

I cannot seem to get a straight answer on whether or not I can play either RB1 or 2 with my GHWT equipment. I read when the game was coming out that the developers promised that you could, but I have yet to here that it can be done. I am looking for people who have personally done this, or tried and had it not work. Does anybody have anything?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »

Okay! everywhere I go, I cannot seem to get a straight answer on this, so I am hoping that some fellow gunners will be able to help me. I have recently bought Guitar Hero: World Tour for my PS3 for entertaining purposes. I chose to buy the GH game because of more options with the equipment (ie additional symbal on drums ) So, that said, I would like to buy either Rock Band 1 or 2 (just the disc) to expand my library of playable songs. Especially with Shackler's and future GNR songs on RB.

I cannot seem to get a straight answer on whether or not I can play either RB1 or 2 with my GHWT equipment. I read when the game was coming out that the developers promised that you could, but I have yet to here that it can be done. I am looking for people who have personally done this, or tried and had it not work. Does anybody have anything?

The guitars should now work with RB1 and RB2.  I haven't tested it out, yet.  I'll try to, over the next couple of days, just to be sure and let you know if nobody else does. They didn't USED to work, but an update came out and NOW they should all be pretty interchangeable.

The mic should also work...heck, ANY USB mic should work with any of the games mentioned.  I actually use my PS3 RB mic on my Xbox 360 with no problems.....

The GH:WT drums, unfortunately, will not work with RB or RB2 on the PS3. 

http://www.rockband.com/compatibility

My suggestion:  Buy RB2, borrow a friends copy of RB and pay the $6 to import the songs (and you'll NEVER need the RB disc again...though you'll be missing 2 or 3 songs from the original RB), and save up to buy an RB2 wireless drum set.  It WILL work with GH:WT....and if you prefer the GH:WT drum set, you can always swap in an out (which is a pain, since the kits take up a decent amount of storage space, but possible).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:53:56 PM »

So, this sucks then.

You can't use RB drums on GHWT because of the missing symbal (orange). I feel hosed man!

ARRRRRRRRG.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:05:21 PM »

I was able to use a Rock Band guitar on GHWT.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 10:04:34 AM »

Tried it last night:

The GHIII Les Paul AND the GH:WT guitars BOTH work just fine on PS3 RB and RB2.

As the compatibility chart states, the drums do NOT work with RB or RB2.

Drop me a PM.  I might be able to get you a "used" RB drum kit for shipping costs, if you're interested and somewhere in the US.  I have a buddy who bought the complete RB2 kit (with wireless drums) and doesn't use his old "wired" set anymore.  It's just sitting in his garage gathering dust......

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: