Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:28:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who would you like to see as the Opening Act on the next tour?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who would you like to see as the Opening Act on the next tour?  (Read 113361 times)
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »

A band I forgot was  "The Mars Volta" would make for an interesting tour .

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2009, 05:31:12 PM »

For the European tour I would love any of these:

Stone Gods
Heaven's Basement
Hot Leg
Wired Desire
Black Spiders
Thirteen Wolves

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »

Here's my idea

First act:  Buckcherry

Second act:  Weezer

Third:  Kings of Leon

Fourth act:  Kid Rock

Headliner:  Guns

Not that this would be my dream lineup from a strictly musical standpoint but it makes sense in terms of demographics
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2009, 06:23:14 PM »

nickelback i really like them. Or just someone that is big like gnr so it could be a monster bill. it stinks when you only want to see the headliner but lets face it there isn't really much out there today.

Nickelback???,...u kiddin right???
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2009, 06:38:20 PM »

The Stones?

rofl

By the way, sometime ago, I think 06, it wouldve happened, but then a coconut fell on Keith's head  nervous

Where do you see GN'R fit in on the bill if they're not the headliner?

/jarmo

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »

Rockets to ruin

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
gnrfan1797
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2009, 07:13:48 PM »

nickelback i really like them. Or just someone that is big like gnr so it could be a monster bill. it stinks when you only want to see the headliner but lets face it there isn't really much out there today.

No there a good band. Or it would be great if creed got back together to open up.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »

No there a good band. Or it would be great if creed got back together to open up.

nervous

Please, stop!

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2009, 07:42:04 PM »

Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Foo Fighters

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2009, 07:44:39 PM »

NICKELBACK.

FUCKING.

SUCKS.

If any band could keep me away from a GN'R show, it would be those no-talent pieces of cat shit!!!

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2009, 09:47:36 PM »

NICKELBACK.

FUCKING.

SUCKS.

If any band could keep me away from a GN'R show, it would be those no-talent pieces of cat shit!!!
I might go just to boo the shit out of them.  Although I'd probably end up getting in a fight or getting kicked out so it probably wouldn't be worth it in the end.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2009, 10:00:12 PM »

nervous

Please, stop!

hihi

/jarmo

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/pages/Nickelback-continues-sales-success-despite-lack-of-fans-Scrape-TV-The-World-on-your-side.html

Grin
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2009, 10:13:52 PM »

The only one of those bands who would open fir anyone would be Motorhead. The others are too big to be an opening act.
Motorhead would be a great choice though. Them with Bach and maybe anthtrax would bring a massive crowd.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2009, 12:16:23 AM »

NICKELBACK.

FUCKING.

SUCKS.

I might go just to boo the shit out of them.  Although I'd probably end up getting in a fight or getting kicked out so it probably wouldn't be worth it in the end.

NICKELGAY.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2009, 12:22:05 AM »

What is Oasis doing this summer?
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2009, 12:35:13 AM »

messer chups or richard cheese......and of course faith no more
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2009, 04:32:46 AM »

The only one of those bands who would open fir anyone would be Motorhead. The others are too big to be an opening act.
Motorhead would be a great choice though. Them with Bach and maybe anthtrax would bring a massive crowd.

peace

Motorhead's a great choice. 
Turbonegro?
Slayer?
Megadeth - not my cup of tea personally but might suit?
Lez Zeppelin!

How about Alice Cooper - then they could play The Garden! would love to hear them sing together live..
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 04:52:06 AM by babydolls » Logged
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2009, 09:25:42 AM »

NICKELBACK.

FUCKING.

SUCKS.

NICKELGAY.

Let me tell you all something about Nickelback - and this is a stone cold fact....

If Roadrunner Records did not have Nickleback, the label would not be here today.  Don't try and argue it, I know this as a fact. 

And being broader you need to remember this FACT....

The music industry has been killed by the internet.  If it weren't for Nickleback, U2 & Coldplay we would have no new bands coming through.  Those bands are propping up the record and publsihing companies - and all the other bands get fed from that pot of money.  You think we'd being seeing as much Slipknot promo and presence in the market if it weren't for Nickleback? Think again! 

So Nickleback.......  I'm game for it.  Bring it on!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2009, 09:49:55 AM »

The music industry has been killed by the internet.

Wouldn't agree with that at all.  Although they have had to find ways to adapt.  Most musicains make the majority of their money through merchandise.  The stones once had plastic cups at a gig with pictures of the band on them,  they got a massive pay day from it!!! 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2009, 10:03:36 AM »

The music industry has been killed by the internet.

Wouldn't agree with that at all.  Although they have had to find ways to adapt.  Most musicains make the majority of their money through merchandise.  The stones once had plastic cups at a gig with pictures of the band on them,  they got a massive pay day from it!!! 

You don't have to agree.  But when you say that most bands make money from merch, just think about that a bit harder.  The only bands that sell enough merch for that to be a viable argument are the ones that are already sell albums in the high thousands. 

Without people buying the Coldplay, U2, Nickleback albums in their millions - the labels would not be sending bands out on tour cause they couldn't afford to. 

I have met two bands this year - both of whom have previously been on the cover of Kerrang / Rocksound etc, who are now quitting the band and have full time jobs because they can't afford to be in a band. 

The music industry has not yet worked out how to monetise the internet revolution outside of the already succesful bands - but they need to work it out quickly.

360 deals just about work for the labels (for big bands) but are financial suicide for smaller bands.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: