Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:01:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who would you like to see as the Opening Act on the next tour?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who would you like to see as the Opening Act on the next tour?  (Read 113366 times)
GNRFAN20
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2009, 07:14:05 PM »

I would like to see Buckethead as an opening act. Then he could come out and jam with GNR for a few songs.

Annie, Buckethead is going on tour right now. Here is the tour schedule. http://www.bucketheadland.com/tour/index.html
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2009, 07:24:03 PM »

I wonder were they'd play in Ireland, we don't really have any stadiums except for Croke park. 

Doesn't RDS qualify as a stadium?

/jarmo

"Slane Castle" might be more appropriate.

Although personally I hope they play a show in the "Ulster Hall" in Belfast, in Northern Ireland....  yes
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2009, 10:45:12 PM »

someone like Jane's Addiction or bigger..

I could not imagine Aerosmith opening for GNR. But if feel the same way about Rancid opening for Rise Against and I guess it happens. Whoever is currently more popular goes last.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2009, 12:54:31 AM »

i suggest SWORD!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2009, 01:15:56 AM »

thats true ha

but i'd love to hear kanye sample something like sweet child. and axl could add-in some cool background vocals

omg what is with this shit.

ps have any of you seen lil wayne fail at guitar?>
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2009, 03:30:59 AM »

I wonder were they'd play in Ireland, we don't really have any stadiums except for Croke park. 

/jarmo

Although personally I hope they play a show in the "Ulster Hall" in Belfast, in Northern Ireland.... 

http://www.rds.ie/home/index.aspx?id=24

Apparently the RDS stadium holds over 35000.  i didnt realise it was that big.  I didnt even know it was classified as a stadium, i think horse's race there or something. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2009, 04:01:15 AM »

kid rock and maybe sebastian again
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2009, 09:31:47 AM »

/jarmo

Although personally I hope they play a show in the "Ulster Hall" in Belfast, in Northern Ireland.... 

http://www.rds.ie/home/index.aspx?id=24

Apparently the RDS stadium holds over 35000.  i didnt realise it was that big.  I didnt even know it was classified as a stadium, i think horse's race there or something. 

Yeah, but;

n August of most years since 1981 the grounds of Slane castle are used to host a rock concert. The natural amphitheatre has a 100,000 person capacity and has in the past hosted concerts by Queen, Thin Lizzy, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Guns N' Roses, Neil Young, R.E.M., The Verve, Robbie Williams, Bryan Adams, U2, Stereophonics, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iggy Pop, Foo Fighters, Madonna. Oasis is going to perform this summer. The Stones appeared in 1982 and returned again in August 2007. U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bryan Adams have all released DVDs of their performances at the castle. Madonna remains the only female artist to ever have headlined at the venue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slane_Castle
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2009, 10:13:31 AM »

I would like to see Buckethead as an opening act. Then he could come out and jam with GNR for a few songs.

Annie, Buckethead is going on tour right now. Here is the tour schedule. http://www.bucketheadland.com/tour/index.html

no date after July 11?  Tongue
GNRFAN20
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2009, 10:23:24 AM »

no date after July 11?  Tongue

He will most likely be going on more tour dates. Has been doing a tour every year now.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2009, 10:33:46 AM »

He will most likely be going on more tour dates. Has been doing a tour every year now.

sure thing.  what tour he will be on after july we aren't sure.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2009, 11:59:08 AM »

Yeah, but;

n August of most years since 1981 the grounds of Slane castle are used to host a rock concert. The natural amphitheatre has a 100,000 person capacity and has in the past hosted concerts by Queen, Thin Lizzy, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Guns N' Roses, Neil Young, R.E.M., The Verve, Robbie Williams, Bryan Adams, U2, Stereophonics, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iggy Pop, Foo Fighters, Madonna. Oasis is going to perform this summer. The Stones appeared in 1982 and returned again in August 2007. U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bryan Adams have all released DVDs of their performances at the castle. Madonna remains the only female artist to ever have headlined at the venue.

Thanks man, ive been to Slane castle before for the Chili Pepper gig.  I cant see Axl selling it out though so i thought the RDS might be more realistic.  Chinese Democracy hasn't had much publicity here in Dublin unless your a hardcore Guns fan.  Last time they played the RDS it wasnt really that full.  Hopefully they'll have better luck this time.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
whenUgotItUgotIt
Opening Act

« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2009, 12:09:34 PM »

If I had my choice, I would like to have Bach, Metallica, and GNR all at the same time...but I think the rumours of having Van Halen is still going to be an awesome show!...no matter what, I really dont give a crap who else is there, I will be there to hear GNR no matter what!!
Annie
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2009, 02:55:56 PM »

sure thing.  what tour he will be on after july we aren't sure.
There is hope! I missed the last Big B chicago tour due to illness. I had the best gift too. A severed arm to hold his DR Pepper with!
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2009, 05:01:55 PM »

well, there r a few options.

if it's gonna be Guns N' Roses and Metallica (which i doubt), then the openers should be Alice In Chains and/or Faith No More.

if it's gonna be Guns N' Roses and Van Halen, then maybe someone like Hot Leg, Chickenfoot or Kid Rock.

if Guns goes out as the only headliner, i'd like to see Chris Cornell or maybe Lacuna Coil open the shows.

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2009, 05:04:59 PM »

ha ha, just realised that Van Halen and Chickenfoot on the same bill is never gonna happen  rofl

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2009, 12:48:42 AM »

If I remember correctly...the last VH tour had no opener.  it's not like GNR/VH would need an opener.

But if they need one...then I think Hot Leg or Stone Gods would be an awesome choice. 

Or...why not someone like Spinal Tap?

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2009, 02:15:10 PM »

Black Tide!

These kids are kick ass.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2009, 03:43:19 PM »

If I remember correctly...the last VH tour had no opener.  it's not like GNR/VH would need an opener.

But if they need one...then I think Hot Leg or Stone Gods would be an awesome choice. 

Or...why not someone like Spinal Tap?

Damien Marley opened up all dates of the tour. But I agree, GNR/VH wouldn't need an opener.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2009, 09:31:39 PM »

Twisted Sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or their alter-ego Bent Brother!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: