Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 11:43:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228051 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 385413 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2009, 11:04:50 PM »

Stick to 15,000 seat venues and get like others said, Kid Rock, AIC, BuckCherry...

They are already promoting BIG TIME a Poison/Def Leopard/Cheap Trick Tour this summer.  They may need to take the same angle those bands are.  

What about the Black Crowes?  That would be special.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2009, 11:06:36 PM »

headbanger as long as they hit either Qwest Center of Mid America Center i'm happy Smiley

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2009, 11:08:33 PM »

Well the last tour had trouble selling at arenas for the most part ... sooo.
People have pointed out, that could be eliminated by scheduling less shows and in JUST large markets.  Instead of scheuduling Kennebunkport, Maine for Monday, Uncasville, CT for Wednesday, Nashua, NH for Friday, and Worcester, MA for Sunday, schedule JUST Boston, MA for Saturday.

Agree, just go to the following....

NYC
LA
Chicago
Houston
Atlanta
Miami
Boston

All other cites would be a gamble.

Cities like Charlotte, Nashville, San Francisco, Seattle, Detroit won't pull sell outs, they are good for 15,000 TOPS.
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2009, 11:14:27 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks they could fill stadiums???  I mean, Poison sells out shows in Dallas all the time.  Why not GnR?  
I don't think Poison sells out 35,000+ stadiums do they?  Not many bands do that these days.  I'd like to think they COULD but they'd have to work their asses off to do so.  Promo, promo, promo, and more promo, and probably even more than that.

I don't know if the venues are quite that large, but Poison, and even Warrant have sold out in places like the Starplex, which holds 20,000. 
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2009, 11:15:44 PM »

Well the last tour had trouble selling at arenas for the most part ... sooo.
People have pointed out, that could be eliminated by scheduling less shows and in JUST large markets.  Instead of scheuduling Kennebunkport, Maine for Monday, Uncasville, CT for Wednesday, Nashua, NH for Friday, and Worcester, MA for Sunday, schedule JUST Boston, MA for Saturday.

Agree, just go to the following....

NYC
LA
Chicago
Houston
Atlanta
Miami
Boston

All other cites would be a gamble.

Cities like Charlotte, Nashville, San Francisco, Seattle, Detroit won't pull sell outs, they are good for 15,000 TOPS.

DALLAS!!!  It's closer to me than Houston!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2009, 11:16:07 PM »

Awesome awesome awesome!!!

If they come my way in July, I could have problems, but otherwise, I am definetly going!!! Grin Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2009, 11:35:35 PM »

They will probably come here right when I am about to give birth.  GRRRRRR!
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2009, 11:42:58 PM »

Where better to give birth than a GnR concert?   Cheesy
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2009, 11:49:33 PM »

In today's economy, They have to have some sort of HUGE surprise in the works. Has to be a big Co headline deal.. .what's Van Halen doing this summer?

U know, A lot of people are questioning how GNR can pull this off.... but really if u look at the numbers, they didn't do bad in the big markets. Its only when they went to the midwest and some of the smaller cities that the attendance wasn't the best.

They could do Giants Stadium. Gillette Stadium in Boston. LA Coliseum, something in Florida, maybe the Orange Bowl,

But this would really have to be Axl's shining moment though. He'd have to fully and I mean fully be into this to make it work. cause it will take tons of promo.

The Orange Bowl doesn't exist anymore.  It was demolished last year.  Maybe Dolphin Stadium...the same place I saw the Illusions tour on 12/31/1991.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2009, 11:50:17 PM »

Great news!

The music finally comes to life on stage with Axl's awesome stage moves
 peace
MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Headliner

« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2009, 11:50:36 PM »

NIN/Jane's Addiction tour ends on July 4th.  Summer is sounding good for a R O bin Finck return.

edit:  actually, the Rolling Stone site lists the last date as June 12th.  The July 4th post I had seen somewhere else is not correct.  Trent says they may add more, but through the 12th it's 22 dates.  I don't see them doing that many more in the US, and NIN has just done overseas dates.  Robin is not on the mygnr question list, but he is doing something else right now.  I would say it just may happen.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:29:41 AM by 123191 » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2009, 11:53:19 PM »

great news... cant wait

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »

Wouldn't count on it

Unless they could work something out, GNR would have to start rehearsals in late may early June ESPECIALLY for a stadium Tour.

Robin i sn't walking offstage from NIN and the next day just playing a stadium GNR gig. I can't see it happening. That shit takes more preparation than just showing up with a guitar at a gig.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Headliner

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2009, 11:58:40 PM »

Wouldn't count on it

Unless they could work something out, GNR would have to start rehearsals in late may early June ESPECIALLY for a stadium Tour.

Robin i sn't walking offstage from NIN and the next day just playing a stadium GNR gig. I can't see it happening. That shit takes more preparation than just showing up with a guitar at a gig.

I get what you are saying, but I don't know if he needs that much rehearsal.  He was able to walk back onto the stage with NIN without months of rehearsal.  These guys are the epitome of the word professional.  Late July/early August could be the beginning.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2009, 12:00:27 AM »

I'd say Robin was rehearsing quite a bit though. I mean it wasn't like he was playing GNR gigs at the time. Also, that wasn't stadium gigs nor was he playing solo's and all this other harder stuff.

Headliner

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2009, 12:04:50 AM »

I'd say Robin was rehearsing quite a bit though. I mean it wasn't like he was playing GNR gigs at the time. Also, that wasn't stadium gigs nor was he playing solo's and all this other harder stuff.

Yes, but he was the sole guitarist onstage and having to play a ton of material (a good deal of which would have been brand new to him).  He knows this stuff like the back of his hand as he has been playing it since 1999.

SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2009, 12:05:22 AM »

He'll come back.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2009, 12:07:07 AM »

I see what u mean and it is possible. especially with Trent putting NIN on the shelf for a while. I mean what else is he going to do?

Guess it depends on if he rubbed Axl the wrong way with how he left. No explanation and i still feel he hurt some of the promotion of CD by doing that.

Headliner

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2009, 12:11:24 AM »

I see what u mean and it is possible. especially with Trent putting NIN on the shelf for a while. I mean what else is he going to do?

Guess it depends on if he rubbed Axl the wrong way with how he left. No explanation and i still feel he hurt some of the promotion of CD by doing that.

I think even Axl said it made things awkward, but "that's just Robin."  He also said that Robin had expressed interest in touring, so maybe it will all come together.  NIN is going away for a while.  I think Trent is tired.  Perhaps that's why Robin did this in the first place and really didn't think CD would come out as early as it did.  I think many of us were stunned when 11/23 rolled around and the disc was actually on the shelves.  I am excited to see the band and would love to have Robin there.  Better and This I Love wouldn't be the same without him.

GNRFAN20
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2009, 12:24:55 AM »

LA is something to be excited about. The return of Guns after a three year wait.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: