Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:31:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  WWE Game XII: TNA The Next Chapter
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WWE Game XII: TNA The Next Chapter  (Read 172020 times)
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2009, 08:01:39 PM »

Get the Tables!  Cool

Remember that, when Heat was on Channel 4; they had the tag titles defended in a tables match once.

If they had stuff like that a lot more, the show might not have been pointless.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »

Really, no one knows WHO they have as the draft is April 13th. so those SD guys could be Raw guys. U never know.

Me and Beer Money have one message for everybody trying to win this game:

Sorry Bout Your Damn Luck!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2009, 08:12:52 PM »

According to multiple sources close within the WWE..... Unifying the tag titles will open up more room on SD to bring back the cruiserweight championship. With its latino and asian stars the WWE fears it is missing out on section of its viewer and believes by bringing it back it will be able to steal away fans from the X-Division. This will also be a great spot for Hurricane Helms, Chavo, and its other smaller stars.

--- pwinsider.com

Swerve so Donnie picks someone crap!  Tongue

World Wrestling Entertainment has begun promoting the upcoming "WWE Superstars" series, which is set to debut next month on WGN America.

The program will be based around first-run interpromotional bouts between members of all three WWE brands. The tag line for the series is "Expect Everything." The company's biggest stars are featured in the series' promotional campaign including John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Batista and Jeff Hardy.

According to their promotional campaign, the series will feature "the biggest Superstars from Raw, SmackDown and ECW." The official blurb on the series reads: "The biggest Superstars from Raw, SmackDown and ECW debut on "WWE Superstars" ? a one-hour exclusive weekly television show ? featuring original matches between any WWE Superstar from any brand, at any time. "WWE Superstars," the only place to see it all! Expect everything. WWE Superstars premieres Thursday, April 16." WWE.com has launched a section promoting the series.

As reported last month, company officials do actually plan on putting forth effort into the program instead of centering it around the likes of Charlie Haas, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and Kung Fu Naki. They plan on having the regularly featured stars appear, as well as its own set of storylines. However, many believe this will only last as long as the program draws good enough ratings to make the extra creative effort worthwhile, and WGN isn't even a top 50 cable station. If nothing else, the show will stick around for the long haul as WWE signed a multi-year deal to air the program not to mention that the long-term future of MyNetworkTV remains in question.

Maybe Superstars should be scored like the other shows then  Huh

Its a one hour WWE wrestling show ON TV, even if its jobbers, its still a real show because unlike heat (when we scored it, anyway) its actually on TV. So why wouldn't we score it like other shows?  smoking
When this game began, Heat AND Velocity had TV Deals.

I didnt relize the game had been going on that long...or maybe i didnt relize both heat and velocity were on tv that long.  hihi smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2009, 08:18:14 PM »

According to multiple sources close within the WWE..... Unifying the tag titles will open up more room on SD to bring back the cruiserweight championship. With its latino and asian stars the WWE fears it is missing out on section of its viewer and believes by bringing it back it will be able to steal away fans from the X-Division. This will also be a great spot for Hurricane Helms, Chavo, and its other smaller stars.

--- pwinsider.com

Swerve so Donnie picks someone crap!  Tongue

World Wrestling Entertainment has begun promoting the upcoming "WWE Superstars" series, which is set to debut next month on WGN America.

The program will be based around first-run interpromotional bouts between members of all three WWE brands. The tag line for the series is "Expect Everything." The company's biggest stars are featured in the series' promotional campaign including John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Batista and Jeff Hardy.

According to their promotional campaign, the series will feature "the biggest Superstars from Raw, SmackDown and ECW." The official blurb on the series reads: "The biggest Superstars from Raw, SmackDown and ECW debut on "WWE Superstars" ? a one-hour exclusive weekly television show ? featuring original matches between any WWE Superstar from any brand, at any time. "WWE Superstars," the only place to see it all! Expect everything. WWE Superstars premieres Thursday, April 16." WWE.com has launched a section promoting the series.

As reported last month, company officials do actually plan on putting forth effort into the program instead of centering it around the likes of Charlie Haas, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and Kung Fu Naki. They plan on having the regularly featured stars appear, as well as its own set of storylines. However, many believe this will only last as long as the program draws good enough ratings to make the extra creative effort worthwhile, and WGN isn't even a top 50 cable station. If nothing else, the show will stick around for the long haul as WWE signed a multi-year deal to air the program not to mention that the long-term future of MyNetworkTV remains in question.

Maybe Superstars should be scored like the other shows then  Huh

Its a one hour WWE wrestling show ON TV, even if its jobbers, its still a real show because unlike heat (when we scored it, anyway) its actually on TV. So why wouldn't we score it like other shows?  smoking
When this game began, Heat AND Velocity had TV Deals.

I didnt relize the game had been going on that long...or maybe i didnt relize both heat and velocity were on tv that long.  hihi smoking
Unless anyone objects due to the advertising of main eventers for this game we'll score it like other shows and if by the end is the "Haas Show", we'll re-evaluate it accordingly.
Evolution
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2009, 09:47:02 PM »

I'll take Devon.

I'll also vote that we score it the same for this game, then take a vote in August to say if we keep it as that.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2009, 06:57:19 AM »

Is it me but are Hammy and Faraday just trying to cancel each other out.

Faraday takes Primo, Hammy takes Carlito.... Hammy takes Brother Ray, Faraday takes Brother Devon. Expeirienced Tactics there.

Talking of Experience i'll take Finlay

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 07:07:05 AM by Gnrfan » Logged

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2009, 07:20:32 AM »

Is it me but are Hammy and Faraday just trying to cancel each other out.

Faraday takes Primo, Hammy takes Carlito.... Hammy takes Brother Ray, Faraday takes Brother Devon. Expeirienced Tactics there.

Hadn't noticed that, interesting point  Cool
Evolution
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2009, 08:34:26 AM »

It'll be a miracle if there's someone left on my last pick that I'm actually happy about taking.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2009, 09:04:25 AM »

It'll be a miracle if there's someone left on my last pick that I'm actually happy about taking.

I don't know. with this superstars show it has potential to have alot of people that score. If we are scoring that show then it will certainly change the way people pick i think. Because instead of picking injured guys with a hope of a return with big points people will pick guys like haas & wang.

So how are we scoring the "Superstars" show. I think it should at least be reduced points until we know what we are dealing with

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2009, 09:10:15 AM »

I don't know. with this superstars show it has potential to have alot of people that score. If we are scoring that show then it will certainly change the way people pick i think. Because instead of picking injured guys with a hope of a return with big points people will pick guys like haas & wang.

So how are we scoring the "Superstars" show. I think it should at least be reduced points until we know what we are dealing with
As Evo suggested with will re-evaluate it in August, for now its going to be scored like all other shows, based on the advertising if nothing else.

It shows Main Eventer after Main Eventer, true it would be dumb to put Haas in the trailer, but word is (as shown above), initially at least they are going to try with this show, and I think at the very least it will be on a par with the one hour ECW which is scored like RAW and Smackdown.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2009, 09:12:32 AM »

What's that?

Your picking Jesse and I'm having Festus  Shocked Sweeeeeet  Cool
Evolution
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2009, 10:10:45 AM »

What's that?

Your picking Jesse and I'm having Festus  Shocked Sweeeeeet  Cool

Jesse Gymini?

Off-topic a little, but you have to wonder the effect this new show will have on things. We'll either have an Attitude era style "storyline for everyone" thing, or the same guys main eventing Raw, Smackdown and ECW will have another TV match a week, and we'll be back to injuries galore.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »

its an interesting strategy for evo and hammy, but if one does bad, both will do bad.

i am actually shocked they took Team 3D so early....... with Suicide and Kong still avaiable and only a few people left to draft TNA, I don't think anybody would've took them. so they could've had another great WWE guy and still got 3D or at worst kong  with that pick.

I know Team 3D are possibly beating Beer Money,but I honestly can't see them getting a long title run. Even if they beat Beer Money, I see BM winning them back within a month. TNA are growing and they aren't going to go too far away from what is working. So i will be really surprised if they win and keep them for a good part of the game.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2009, 03:59:13 PM »

its an interesting strategy for evo and hammy, but if one does bad, both will do bad.

i am actually shocked they took Team 3D so early....... with Suicide and Kong still avaiable and only a few people left to draft TNA, I don't think anybody would've took them. so they could've had another great WWE guy and still got 3D or at worst kong  with that pick.

I know Team 3D are possibly beating Beer Money,but I honestly can't see them getting a long title run. Even if they beat Beer Money, I see BM winning them back within a month. TNA are growing and they aren't going to go too far away from what is working. So i will be really surprised if they win and keep them for a good part of the game.
Its not strategy its coincedence, obviously.  Tongue

And I go for greedy impulse points, the idea of someone winning and defending a title in a gimmick match is to much of a chance to pass by, it's 74 points in the bag, even with only one to two more titles defences and just regular appearances (that they get), for a 4th placed pick, its fine by me.

As for Suicide, word is they are going to have an impromtu "Feast of Fired" match in a month or so and he is going to lose and getting fired for a 3rd time, just for shits and giggles like.  And Kong has weight issues and is reportedly being given leave for six months while she has surgery on her knees which are starting to buckle.  I hear Kip James is in for a push though, so I advise people to pick him, cos we all know having him in game play would be super, smashing, great!  Cool
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2009, 08:16:55 AM »

I hear Kip James is in for a push though, so I advise people to pick him, cos we all know having him in game play would be super, smashing, great!  Cool

Darn such a shame i already got my TNA'er Grin

Who's Pick?

[/color]

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2009, 11:23:15 AM »

Sorry for being late, was at a gig last night then went drinking with the band.

I'll take Tyson Kidd

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2009, 12:02:20 PM »

I hear Kip James is in for a push though, so I advise people to pick him, cos we all know having him in game play would be super, smashing, great!  Cool

Is that carny for 'he's going to be released soon'?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »

Yeah, definitely Umaga
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:52:09 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2009, 09:22:54 PM »

zeke jackson

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2009, 11:15:19 PM »

To Quote my Friend D, You got to go for the win, second place is just the first looser. Sure I could take R truth here or William Regal and get a few 12 point weeks, or get a diva, but I got to "TAKE A RISK" with my lackluster Team and hope someone gets back to SD soon to take that US Title from MVP

. I want the always injured, but always entertaining...................................

Mr Kennedy.

Kennedy.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: