Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 06:18:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247543 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2009, 10:42:44 PM »

That guy is amazing!

Do you know who else is amazing? Kimi R?ikk?nen!

But since he's not the new guitar player in GN'R, we won't discuss him in this thread.

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2009, 10:48:15 PM »

Maybe next week we get tour dates, we are almost to April so I say anytime now! 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2009, 10:52:49 PM »

A somewhat recent interview...

Road Crew Interviews DJ Ashba at NAMM!

By Becca   Jan 22, 2009

You may know him as the sexy guitarist from the band Sixx AM but, there is a lot more to this rock star!

DJ Ashba is one of the music world's hardest working stars.  He owns his own graphic design studio, Ashba Media, with quite a list of outstanding clientele. He also owns Ashbaland Studios.  DJ is also in one of the hottest new bands, Sixx AM, whose song, "Life is Beautiful" was named " Rock Song of the Year" for 2008 by Mediabase, and he just came out with his own line of Ovation guitars. We were lucky enough to talk to DJ while he was at NAMM:

http://roadcrewmag.com/articles/Road_Crew_Interviews_DJ_Ashba_at_NAMM__01,22,09,02

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2009, 11:01:06 PM »

I honestly think his writting skills are a bit on the CHEESE side.
AS for his looks, he looks like one of those emoboy bands. RObin was pretty, but he was freaky. Good balance.

This motherfucker is going to attract the ''twilight'' crowd.
I may puke.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2009, 11:02:43 PM »

You put DJ in front of a name......... Grin

This is a Dizzy recommendation right?

Ron said warm welcome so I'd say that's an open invitation to hug the stuffings out of this guy ladies.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2009, 11:09:57 PM »

i just listened to sixx am's record again and i went to dj's site, it still sounds very bad.

worst is that the guy is more of a brand name than slash is. If Axl hates the fact that slash is a media whore who only wants to sell out, this guy even sells ringtones for a living. in fact he sells pretty much anything from his own line of guitars, clothes and accessories... Robin was the real deal, this guy seems to be as fake as they come, no wonder he hung out with nikki sixx.

i'm still gonna give him a chance because Axl does know a thing or two about the music biz that i don't, but from where i'm standing it doesn't look good.

and yeah, the twilight teen fans seems like something right right up Dj's alley

regardless, if robin chose to leave, it's his decision and we should respect that, and gn'r obviously had to move forward, i just hope this guy can actually do any good.

Chinese Democracy!
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2009, 11:12:54 PM »

his name is in the band members list on GNRs myspace
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2009, 11:15:12 PM »

I wonder what is happening with Sixx AM now...I heard they were working on a follow up to the Heroin Diaries- guess they'll be looking for a new Axeman.

I don't know much about DJ, looks like I'll be doing some research, Axl knows talent so I would not slam him before a note is played folks.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2009, 11:18:57 PM »

I wonder what is happening with Sixx AM now...I heard they were working on a follow up to the Heroin Diaries- guess they'll be looking for a new Axeman.

I don't know much about DJ, looks like I'll be doing some research, Axl knows talent so I would not slam him before a note is played folks.

Outside of Bucket, who has lived up to expectations? 
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2009, 11:26:35 PM »

Outside of Bucket, who has lived up to expectations? 

Umm, everyone?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2009, 11:41:26 PM »

I hope everyone gives DJ a fair chance.   Lets see how he is on stage with the band.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2009, 11:45:49 PM »

DJ is multi-instrumentist. He plays piano since he was 3, he was obsessed with drums for some years, and he started studying guitar at the age of nine. He also sings.

I see it very simple: if Axl decided to include him in the band, he has to be a beast onstage.

Today is a very happy day to be a GNR fan. Wheels are ready to set in motion  beer

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2009, 12:26:46 AM »

I think Axl has a plan for GnR. He got the sound he wanted with Robin, and with CD. So now it may take GnR into a deeper direction. As the new stuff is supposed to be more intense then CD. Maybe Ashba can do more in the studio too.
Your trying to reach for something that isnt there...DJ's hiring has nothing to do with the future direction of GNR. If Robin didnt quit then we wouldnt be having this discussion.

D...I think your jumping the gun. Axl has said he could careless about any follow ups at this point. Do you really think he was brought in because he wrote a couple of hits? He was brought in because Robin bolted and they need another lead guitarist for the world tour they are about to embark on.

Yea, its a plus he has written some hits or whatever but it has nothing to do with future gnr albums. If we ever get one it wont be for quite some time and Im sure there will be a few other lineup changes by then.

and speaking of hits and writing credits and absolutes....all I know is that Robin wrote Better. I have not listened to all of DJs work but has he written anything close to a song like that?

Im sure Robin wrote the majority of the solos on CD and other material as well. They are all excellent. I never understood people getting on him or any of the other members for the way they played the old material. Who cares? Its about CD and whatever follows. And when they played their own stuff it sounded great.

DJ seems cool and he obiviously has talent. The only good thing out of this is that Axl will hit the road shortly. So atleast we will get to hear the new stuff be the centerpiece of the setlists.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2009, 12:35:30 AM »

Once again, some of you like to compare who's written what.

Robin wrote "Better" in GN'R. We all know that. Did he write anything that great outside GN'R?

It doesn't matter who wrote what and when outside of GN'R!

Besides, it doesn't matter anyway. There's a tour on the agenda first.....

Always the same thing with GN'R fans.

Like a bunch of piranhas.....  nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2009, 12:43:04 AM »

Besides, it doesn't matter anyway. There's a tour on the agenda first.....
which should be the main focus. all this talk about writing etc is a stretch

Always the same thing with GN'R fans.

Like a bunch of piranhas..... 

What do you expect when the lineup is always changing?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2009, 12:43:37 AM »

^^ I hope you're not calling everyone disapointed about Robin's absense (I still had hope till now) a bunch of piranhas.

i don't really see what axl sees in him, all i've heard is a weak guitar tone and generic solos, and SOLA was a big piece of shit.

besides, he doesn't even play with les pauls, hope that changes...

we'll see how he fits, but robin was and is a lot better than him, and so is ryan roxie
Agree. Hope all the best to Robin, but I really think he made a big mistake.

And hope some of you are happy with a generic guitar player in the band. Hope he proves me wrong, tho, but from what I heard...

Voodoo, rarely do we see eye to eye on guitar playing, but he isn't "unique" like you said.  He is a typical modern rock lead player that is allowed to actually solo. He does however from what I heard, have more chops than Robin, but Robin did have a unique sound.  Frankly though, he won't really play anything Richard couldn't
Exactly. From my point of view, they hired another Richard (not a bad thing, just not unique). I'm just glad that we still have Bumblefoot in there...

I think many people here already explained why he's more like a random guitar player. I still hope he achieve more with the band, tho. Wonder if he'll get all of Robin's old songs solos.

1 song in ten years dude!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST. Robin wrote one song in 10 years.
Couldn't be any more from you.

It's one song that happens to be the best of the new album.

Also, you're totally ignoring his contributions/solos in other songs like TIL, SOD, TWAT, IRS, CITR. By your logic, Slash has no credits for his work on November Rain, Estranged or SCOM. So, please, stop being silly. ok

greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2009, 12:45:22 AM »

on as side note, since gnr seem to have updated their myspace page can we assume that brain is out too? Huh

I am aware that Axl adressed that issue in his latest interview, but judging from today's news about Robin, things seem to have changed since then...

homo homini lupus...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2009, 12:47:13 AM »

on as side note, since gnr seem to have updated their myspace page can we assume that brain is out too?
does it even matter anymore??

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2009, 12:50:20 AM »

What do you expect when the lineup is always changing?

Nothing to do with that I'm afraid.

More to do with the fact that certain people always get ahead of themselves.

They get the album and a month later it's all about how much they want the next album.... You got a tour, but you want the album (2006-7). You get the album, but you just want a tour (2008). Etc etc.

^^ I hope you're not calling everyone disapointed about Robin's absense (I still had hope till now) a bunch of piranhas.

No, just the mentality to always wanting more and more and more.

Like the album.... Imagine it as some poor animal who happens to step into the water. It gets eaten in a minute and the piranhas are already wondering where the next meal is!

on as side note, since gnr seem to have updated their myspace page can we assume that brain is out too? Huh

Did somebody say so?

No.

So until you hear it from GN'R.......

Besides, Frank was added in place of Brain on the Myspace. I believe years ago.

Since then we've heard that Brain's still part of GN'R.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:52:23 AM by jarmo » Logged

greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2009, 12:53:31 AM »

Did somebody say so?

No.

So until you hear it from GN'R.......

Besides, Frank was added in place of Brain on the Myspace. I believe years ago.

Since then we've heard that Brain's still part of GN'R.

ok thanks for the prompt reply ok

homo homini lupus...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: