Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:33:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247424 times)
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2009, 01:31:45 AM »

people come and go, and im happy to see GNR live (if they come to Mexico) because im a great Axl fan, but people do have a point in saying that they cant relate with the other members, when they keep changing.  i agree with Axl in the point that this is not a solo album , GNR its a contribution of different musicians, but i think to love GNR you have to love Axl Rose , its his vision that drives GNR. im happy with it, but i cant blame people that feel bad because their favorite "player" gets out of the band.

i hope this new guitar player does a great job, looks are not that important, but he does look like an emo-chemical romance type of guy.  confused
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2009, 01:32:32 AM »

Well this is the final nail in the coffin for anyone wanting Bucket back,
Ill have to learn to Love 'DJ Ashba' then as a replacement
Cheesy

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2009, 01:32:32 AM »

How is it wrong to discuss the songwritting ability of a new member of a band? If he's joined GnR he must have something to offer besides playing the old songs well. So should we just ignore that aspect of being a musician in a band, and treat him like just another 'hired gun' for concerts?

Well bfoot, frank, and dj were all brought in because they were needed for touring purposes. They are not the original members of new gnr. They are hired guns. So it depends on how you look at it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:34:03 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2009, 01:37:32 AM »

They are not the original members of new gnr. They are hired guns.

Just like Buckethead who joined after Robin left the first time!

Not an "original" member!

Roll Eyes

Stay on topic. You can take your "reunion" shit elsewhere.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRFAN20
« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2009, 01:39:08 AM »

With DJ Ashba, I have been seeing many people complaining. Some are saying they hate the band now and will never see them play live. This is just stupid for people to complain like this and moan and bitch. Rob decided to leave the band. It was his choice alone. No one else told him to leave the band. Gotta respect his wish to leave.

Axl just doesn't pick some stupid ass guitarist. He knows what to do with the band, as we have seen already with how good Chinese Democracy sounds. People must of complained about when both Buckethead and Rob had joined the band and look at how good they did. So give the DJ Ashba guy a chance and not just assume he is going to suck.

In no way am I bashing Rob, I enjoyed his contribution with Guns and hope he has a fun time with Nine Inch Nails. Other bands have had musicians go and come back. Do you whine about it when lets say Nine Inch Nails gets some new members? Sucks Robin had to leave when he could of played the material he played on live.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2009, 01:43:02 AM »

Just like Buckethead who joined after Robin left the first time!

Not an "original" member!
The early stages of new gnr were just that..early stages. Josh Freese, Howerdell, etc all original members then? yes and no. You go by what evolved into the final band. Just like in the old days with la guns and gnr. Same thing. Axl had one chance to sell new gnr to the old fan base and general public. And to his credit he came up with a combo that could run cricles around the old band and could justify carrying the gnr name. Now its completely different. You can only go to the well so many times.

Stay on topic. You can take your "reunion" shit elsewhere.
again, this is what happens when there are so many lineup changes.

With DJ Ashba, I have been seeing many people complaining. Some are saying they hate the band now and will never see them play live. This is just stupid for people to complain like this and moan and bitch. Rob decided to leave the band. It was his choice alone. No one else told him to leave the band. Gotta respect his wish to leave.

Axl just doesn't pick some stupid ass guitarist. He knows what to do with the band, as we have seen already with how good Chinese Democracy sounds. People must of complained about when both Buckethead and Rob had joined the band and look at how good they did. So give the DJ Ashba guy a chance and not just assume he is going to suck.

In no way am I bashing Rob, I enjoyed his contribution with Guns and hope he has a fun time with Nine Inch Nails. Other bands have had musicians go and come back. Do you whine about it when lets say Nine Inch Nails gets some new members? Sucks Robin had to leave when he could of played the material he played on live.
Great post.

The problem  stems from the new band ending before it officially got started. You know what i mean?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:45:34 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2009, 01:43:16 AM »

A better analogy would be.
A lawyer doing an interview with a firm.

The one doing the interview will ask to see his resume.
Do you think he'll look at all those failed trials and go.. oh well, with us you'll play great, you just wait  Tongue

Did you ever hear of the word audition?
Yeah, so what.
Same thing applies, instead of reading about how he fucked up the trial (for the lawyer) , he can hear how the man fucks up the solo. Or makes a cheesy solo  Wink Obvisouly Axl doesnt think so. But as an observer and fan of the firm and the band, I have the right to question the resume and musicality of the candidates.

How is it wrong to discuss the songwritting ability of a new member of a band? If he's joined GnR he must have something to offer besides playing the old songs well. So should we just ignore that aspect of being a musician in a band, and treat him like just another 'hired gun' for concerts?

Because you have no idea!

If you based Robin's song writing before GN'R on how well he'd fit into the band, 99% would've said it's not gonna work since he had no writing credits to speak of (I believe he was credited on re-creating a song or something).

And now we have all these people saying how great he was in GN'R and how much they love the song he co-wrote!

Same thing can be said about almost anybody.

It's when they're added to the GN'R song writing mixture that makes things interesting. And DJ hasn't been added to that yet.

That is a given. But it's all a matter of taste anyway.. there are still people saying Robin plays like shit.

OK, next time I watch a rerun of France-Brazil 98, I'll try not to talk about Zidane or Roberto Carlos...and Ill just say... GO FRANCE ! Go BRazil !
 hihi

You can talk about what Zidane did when he was 15 without the rest of the team and how analyzing those games could tell you he'd play in the 1998 final.

/jarmo

You lost me. Why do you say its ok for me to talk about zidane when he was 15 (when he wasnt in the 98 French team), and you say its not ok for me to talk about bandmembers when they were not in the GNR team of 2009? Huh

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2009, 01:48:26 AM »

Ive been lurking around and to be honest, it seems overall, the GNR community are extremely happy.

I'd say 80 percent are digging this decision.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2009, 01:57:18 AM »

Yeah, so what.
Same thing applies, instead of reading about how he fucked up the trial (for the lawyer) , he can hear how the man fucks up the solo. Or makes a cheesy solo 

An audition is a bit more than just listening to some cds.

I still don't get what the hell you're trying to say.

Just because he's written songs in the past doesn't mean they'll sound anything that he might write with GN'R. And once again, I think that's getting ahead of yourselves.

You lost me. Why do you say its ok for me to talk about zidane when he was 15 (when he wasnt in the 98 French team), and you say its not ok for me to talk about bandmembers when they were not in the GNR team of 2009? Huh

Explanation: Talking about what a member of GN'R did before he was in GN'R is like you watching some old Zidane games from the 1980s and trying to guess whether or not he'll have a great game in the 1998 world cup final!

First, you might see that he's a great player and that there's a potential, but there's no way you can judge how well he'll play in the team.

Now, if you had actually watched DJ play with GN'R, then you might have an idea how well he works with the team. But you haven't. All you can see is those other acts he's played or written songs with.

Your whole football analogy was about focusing on the great players in the 98 final and not the whole team.

I'm saying, you haven't seen DJ with GN'R so you're not watching the final yet!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:59:54 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2009, 02:07:53 AM »

Yeah, so what.
Same thing applies, instead of reading about how he fucked up the trial (for the lawyer) , he can hear how the man fucks up the solo. Or makes a cheesy solo 

An audition is a bit more than just listening to some cds.

I still don't get what the hell you're trying to say.

Just because he's written songs in the past doesn't mean they'll sound anything that he might write with GN'R. And once again, I think that's getting ahead of yourselves.

Explanation: Talking about what a member of GN'R did before he was in GN'R is like you watching some old Zidane games from the 1980s and trying to guess whether or not he'll have a great game in the 1998 world cup final!

First, you might see that he's a great player and that there's a potential, but there's no way you can judge how well he'll play in the team.

Now, if you had actually watched DJ play with GN'R, then you might have an idea how well he works with the team. But you haven't. All you can see is those other acts he's played or written songs with.

/jarmo

No need to get mad.  Tongue I just don't agree with you. For me it's impossible for a background not to have influence on the future project with gnr.
When I first heard of bumble I checked it out, and thought.. the songs are crap, but he is a monster playing, and the riffs are cool as hell, mix that with Axls songwritting and you might have something very special. I ended up being right. (at least for my taste).

So I still think we should have the right to speculate. I dont see how  can anyone separate the past from the future like that.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2009, 02:15:38 AM »

I wasent a huge Robin fan befor he was in guns,   but know ive grown to love his playing even though i dont like his weird danceing..Robin is a great player and i also love better... 
     So let me just say welcome to the bend DJ Ashba and all the best.. Axl is happy to pick this guy ill surely give him a chance.. 
     Im likeing the Sixx AM songs ive found that i hadent heard of befor and he seems cool so Welcome.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2009, 02:33:57 AM »

HA!!   I told everyone about DJ being at the Chinese Democracy release party...no one said a word, well you know what? I'm happy as shit. He's a great guy, he's great to the fans, AND, most importantly, he;s one hell of a guitar player....I didn't read this thread, cause I know there's a bunch of people bitching, but whatever, fuck you, Gn'R has yet another great guitat player go fuck yourselves. Smiley  I'm more excited than a little schoolgirl discovering masturbation.

Axl is God.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2009, 02:49:29 AM »

As sad as I am to see Robin be replaced by anyone at all, this new choice of guitar player is interesting and Sixx A.M. was a solid record, so bring it on.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2009, 03:03:43 AM »

Good question is will the band be more of modern rock now with the absence of the two industrial players.
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2009, 03:06:18 AM »

...has joined the band for an upcoming tour.

Wink
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #215 on: March 22, 2009, 03:27:48 AM »

Good question is will the band be more of modern rock now with the absence of the two industrial players.

What would you call the album? Tongue
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #216 on: March 22, 2009, 03:55:09 AM »

HA!!   I told everyone about DJ being at the Chinese Democracy release party...no one said a word, well you know what? I'm happy as shit. He's a great guy, he's great to the fans, AND, most importantly, he;s one hell of a guitar player....I didn't read this thread, cause I know there's a bunch of people bitching, but whatever, fuck you, Gn'R has yet another great guitat player go fuck yourselves. Smiley  I'm more excited than a little schoolgirl discovering masturbation.

maybe u should take some time to read and u wouldn't waste energy being angry

the boards I have visited, id say 80 percent at least are behind this.

This guy is gonna be a great addition to this band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2009, 04:02:22 AM »

I am happy this is all settled and hope the band can relaunch the album with great success. It has taken time for fans to put their arms around the new guys, as it will no doubt remain to be in the future with the band settling into some form of consistency.

But these players have a lot of expectation to meet, shoes to fill and hard work to perform.  But to their advantage, Bucket and Finck laid a solid foundation of sound. I am curious whether Thal or Ashba will rise up and take the control of that lead lead guitarist role as Finck did during the 06 tour.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:07:25 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2009, 04:26:50 AM »

I am happy this is all settled and hope the band can relaunch the album with great success. It has taken time for fans to put their arms around the new guys, as it will no doubt remain to be in the future with the band settling into some form of consistency.

But these players have a lot of expectation to meet, shoes to fill and hard work to perform.  But to their advantage, Bucket and Finck laid a solid foundation of sound. I am curious whether Thal or Ashba will rise up and take the control of that lead lead guitarist role as Finck did during the 06 tour.
What is settled?  What new guys? Which ones?  What form of consistency? There's no consistency.  At all. 
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2009, 04:30:40 AM »

In Axl we trust!

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: