Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247515 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #380 on: March 23, 2009, 06:04:45 PM »

I can't tell you how glad I am that the whole "is Robin in or out?" nonsense can now end.  Welcome to GnR, DJ - can't wait to see you onstage.  On with the show...   beer
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #381 on: March 23, 2009, 08:29:27 PM »

So they will tour with three guitarists who have a combined zero writing credits on a GNR song?  Undecided

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #382 on: March 23, 2009, 09:45:37 PM »

So they will tour with three guitarists who have a combined zero writing credits on a GNR song?  Undecided

At this point does it even matter anymore?  Buckethead was brought in to replace Robin, Fortus was brought into replace Tobias, Bumblefoot was brought in to replace Buckethead, DJ is now being brought in to replace Robin.  That means two guitarists have now been brought in to replace Robin.  Not sure how Axl would see this, but I'm not sure I'd be open to Robin coming back anymore. 

One has to wonder if Robin hadn't chosen to come back in 1999 would there now be two lead guitarists.  It seems to me that the two/three lead guitarist came about only because Robin decided to come back to the fold even though Axl had Buckethead at the time. 

In the end, the concept of what is "Guns N' Roses" is something that hasn't been concrete since Adler left in 1990.  This band has always been in flux; I wouldn't expect any difference now.  Other than the lead singer, the keyboardists, and the bass player, this isn't the same band that we knew nearly ten years ago.

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:49:53 PM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #383 on: March 23, 2009, 10:07:33 PM »

At this point does it even matter anymore?  Buckethead was brought in to replace Robin, Fortus was brought into replace Tobias, Bumblefoot was brought in to replace Buckethead, DJ is now being brought in to replace Robin.  That means two guitarists have now been brought in to replace Robin.  Not sure how Axl would see this, but I'm not sure I'd be open to Robin coming back anymore. 

One has to wonder if Robin hadn't chosen to come back in 1999 would there now be two lead guitarists.  It seems to me that the two/three lead guitarist came about only because Robin decided to come back to the fold even though Axl had Buckethead at the time. 

In the end, the concept of what is "Guns N' Roses" is something that hasn't been concrete since Adler left in 1990.  This band has always been in flux; I wouldn't expect any difference now.  Other than the lead singer, the keyboardists, and the bass player, this isn't the same band that we knew nearly ten years ago.

Cheers,

Andrew

You know what, you bring up a very good point.  Since the moment Adler was fired, the band has been in flux.  First Sorum was brought in.  Then Izzy quit and Gilby was brought in.  Then Gilby was let go and Zakk Wylde was tried out and Paul Tobias was brought in.  And so and so forth.  Although the turnover has been more rapid since Axl become the sole member of the band, this kind of turnover dates back to when Adler was fired.

Ali
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #384 on: March 23, 2009, 10:12:07 PM »

Onward and forward.  For there to be music changes must be made.  Good luck to Ashba and GNR.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #385 on: March 23, 2009, 11:53:00 PM »

Old Guns was a band.
Now Guns N' Roses is Axl Rose pretty simple not saying its good or a bad thing its just a fact and the members will change many times he want or they want to leave,period.
And i will support him cuz i love GN'R.
Different from everybody here i dont care who is in or out ,if GN'R is doing gig's and active im happy.
And now with the collapsed of the big wall (CD release) more records can be release faster without all the BS that handle CD forever to come out.
So im more  happy than ever and every new member is welcome for me and those who leave i appreciate their efforts to GN'R.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:25:11 AM by imsorry » Logged

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #386 on: March 24, 2009, 12:41:02 AM »

I, for one, am psyched to have this dude in the band.  I've gone and listened to pretty much everything he's been involved with and it all sounds great.  Maybe I don't have a finely tuned musician's ear, but contrary to what a short few have been claiming, everything has sounded exactly the sweet rock n' roll player one could ask for.  I think anything beyond that is considered "nit-picking."

As far as I'm concerned, this is looking more and more like one big, gigundo-sized m'f'ing rock n' roll party extravaganza, once it hits the road!  Ultimately, we all know what the songs are going to sound like live.  If you're really going to go to a show and take notes on individual player's variations from record-to-live, etc., then you're probably missing a little on the point of the live concert... just have a good time, right? 

I've enjoyed every GN'R record I've ever heard; enjoyed every live show I've attended- and no different than anything else in GN'R's history, I trust I'm going to like DJ Ashba, whatever his contributions may entail.

So, RN'MFR!!!!  beer

Rapture
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #387 on: March 24, 2009, 02:35:01 AM »

If you're really going to go to a show and take notes on individual player's variations from record-to-live, etc., then you're probably missing a little on the point of the live concert... just have a good time, right? 

thats a very good way to look at it.   some people take it too seriously i guess.

as much as I love Robin, he seems happy doing NIN, so I'm very exctied to have DJ Ashba in the band now and am really looking forward to the shows.
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #388 on: March 24, 2009, 02:39:56 AM »

If you're really going to go to a show and take notes on individual player's variations from record-to-live, etc., then you're probably missing a little on the point of the live concert... just have a good time, right? 

thats a very good way to look at it.   some people take it too seriously i guess.

as much as I love Robin, he seems happy doing NIN, so I'm very exctied to have DJ Ashba in the band now and am really looking forward to the shows.

NO WAY! The robin superfan approves then i must approve. jk
elmir
VIP

« Reply #389 on: March 24, 2009, 07:39:05 AM »

if hiring DJ Ashba means that they're going to hit the road, then i'm all for it....hopefully they include Africa on their list of stopovers this time round...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #390 on: March 24, 2009, 08:27:34 AM »

Hey this is my first post here my question is and I dont know if it has been brought up but they say hes been on there radar for some time now how long has that time been and is this someone they wanted before but couldnt get due to prior commitments?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #391 on: March 24, 2009, 09:10:39 AM »

Hey this is my first post here my question is and I dont know if it has been brought up but they say hes been on there radar for some time now how long has that time been and is this someone they wanted before but couldnt get due to prior commitments?
Welcome aboard!! I myself haven't/hadn't heard any mention of DJ at all, I think they are pretty quiet about things until all is in place.  I could however have missed something along the way, as far as I was concerned, all of us round here have placed our speculations on Robin's possible return until now.  It might be a good question to ask Axl, unless someone knows something I'm not aware of. Tongue

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #392 on: March 24, 2009, 10:56:28 AM »

Damn it!!! There goes my audition!!!!!  crying

Well that is some good news. I hope the guy can rip!!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #393 on: March 24, 2009, 11:08:03 AM »

Welcome aboard!! I myself haven't/hadn't heard any mention of DJ at all, I think they are pretty quiet about things until all is in place.  I could however have missed something along the way, as far as I was concerned, all of us round here have placed our speculations on Robin's possible return until now.  It might be a good question to ask Axl, unless someone knows something I'm not aware of. Tongue

I think back in 2003 i saw his pic at a gnr fan site the thread title was something like 'post your eye candy' hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #394 on: March 24, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »

Exactly.

If Robin wants to do something else, he's free to do so without having a bunch of people telling GN'R they need Robin back.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #395 on: March 24, 2009, 12:26:52 PM »

Exactly.

If Robin wants to do something else, he's free to do so without having a bunch of people telling GN'R they need Robin back.

/jarmo

and true fans of robin and true fans of GnR would be understanding.   Its not like Robin fans don't have a way to see Robin this summer and now it looks like GnR fans will get to see GnR too..
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #396 on: March 24, 2009, 12:27:15 PM »

Exactly.

/jarmo

I think that people who say that are not making any distinction between what they want and what GN'R needs.  They see the two as one and the same.

If GN'R can endure the loss of Buckethead, then it can endure the loss of Robin, as unfortunate as it is.

Ali
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #397 on: March 24, 2009, 12:40:22 PM »

I don't think many people are blaming Guns N' Roses for moving foward.

I don't know how and why Robin made his decision, but I do know that I didn't like it and I'm not happy with him. And well, you can't really compare his work on GNR and NIN...

Anyways, I don't want to discuss anymore on this matter, I just wanted to shred some light on this.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #398 on: March 24, 2009, 12:42:35 PM »

and true fans of robin and true fans of GnR would be understanding.   Its not like Robin fans don't have a way to see Robin this summer and now it looks like GnR fans will get to see GnR too..

that's it. freedom isn't against gnr.
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #399 on: March 24, 2009, 12:49:41 PM »

Give him a fucking break and wait and see how it sounds.   And considering he's now the band's lead guitarist,

case in point, Robin sounds completely different in NIN than he does in GnR.

Is he for real the new lead guitarist? Shouldn't that be Ron?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: