Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247491 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #540 on: March 26, 2009, 08:59:18 AM »

welcome to him.

the thing is, the next album will have a very different sound, without Buckethead and Robin Finck.
we'll have an idea with the tour.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #541 on: March 26, 2009, 09:04:27 AM »

I can see him playing Robin's parts.    He's got a lot of the best moments of the show like the SCOM intro and solo, and of course the WTTJ intro, I think the crowd will love him.

Can't wait to hear his take on Better.
Ditto. But if they use Chinese as intro, maybe WTTJ may have a regular intro (not the extended one Robin used to play it to build up people).

I'm more curious about Ashba take on The Blues Street of Dreams.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #542 on: March 26, 2009, 10:45:46 AM »

like axl I never get the industrial labelling.
I'm not labeling, when you recruit a guitarist that tours with NIN, you're probably interested in new tone. 
actually it was a guitarist that was touring with circle de soleil, according to matt.

I guess axl saw something in him there. like Trent did when robin auditioned for NIN (before he joined NIN).
Artistic craze, or something like that..

Likewise dj's potential with GNR can't be judged yet by his past works.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #543 on: March 26, 2009, 10:49:20 AM »

so with DJ, I like the stuff he has done, but it still will have to translate INTO GNR and be great before I truly consider him Guns N Roses.  I absolutely have an open mind, open arms and open ears though and I want to support him big time cause i think he is a great guitar player and a cool dude.

He's Guns N' Roses by virtue of being a member of the band.   Whether you like that or not.   

If he's good enough for Axl, he's good enough for me.   I'm a fan, not a critic.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #544 on: March 26, 2009, 11:07:38 AM »

so with DJ, I like the stuff he has done, but it still will have to translate INTO GNR and be great before I truly consider him Guns N Roses.  I absolutely have an open mind, open arms and open ears though and I want to support him big time cause i think he is a great guitar player and a cool dude.

He's Guns N' Roses by virtue of being a member of the band.   Whether you like that or not.   

If he's good enough for Axl, he's good enough for me.   I'm a fan, not a critic.

I agree, I was alittle skeptical at first but you gotta give the guy a chance.  It's not really fair to just bash him for taking Robin's spot.  Can't wait for the Tour !!!

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #545 on: March 26, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »

maybe some fans are forever jealous of a lead guitarist in gnr whoever he is as soon as he seems popular (with girls esp Tongue ) .
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #546 on: March 26, 2009, 11:59:57 AM »

maybe some fans are forever jealous of a lead guitarist in gnr whoever he is as soon as he seems popular (with girls esp Tongue ) .

they are jealous, but thats not the reason.   

i just don't understand staying bitter about something that has been the way it is for YEARS.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #547 on: March 26, 2009, 12:27:06 PM »

how do you know for sure that's not the reason/one of the reasons when you don't understand them?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #548 on: March 26, 2009, 12:34:56 PM »

how do you know for sure that's not the reason/one of the reasons when you don't understand them?

I can tell from the agenda in their posts.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #549 on: March 26, 2009, 12:54:14 PM »

well I said 'some'.

To me some of the 'real' fans seem to consider themselves as more GNR than the guys actually in GNR because they were fans before the members joined gnr.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #550 on: March 26, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »

well I said 'some'.

To me some of the 'real' fans seem to consider themselves as more GNR than the guys actually in GNR because they were fans before the members joined gnr.
those people need to get a clue did they write the songs no GNR did and most of the Gunners that joined started liking GNR probobly at a simular time

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #551 on: March 26, 2009, 04:36:08 PM »

well I said 'some'.

those people need to get a clue did they write the songs no GNR did and most of the Gunners that joined started liking GNR probobly at a simular time

I guess the only problem I see is this. Most who Loved the old band, still like this band. Even though it seems to change yearly now.  In the old days, you were a fan of the band, you knew who they were and you liked them.  Today, liking gnr is like having a loyalty to a brand. Sort of the same way we like a football team.  You like the players, but you know eventually they are going to be repaced, so you generally like the team.  You know Axl is always going to be there, but as far as the rest, it really doenst matter anymore. You just accept whoever is on stage with him.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #552 on: March 26, 2009, 06:36:21 PM »

You just accept whoever is on stage with him.

true, and according to Jarmo, we're not allowed to even hint at the fact that MAYBE we won't like them. We just shut up.

Its like Lars from Metallica, I hate that troll. But james and the rest are cool. Am I less of a fan of the music just because I think Lars is an idiot ? hihi NO!

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #553 on: March 26, 2009, 06:55:37 PM »

true, and according to Jarmo, we're not allowed to even hint at the fact that MAYBE we won't like them. We just shut up.

Do you have to assume you're gonna hate somebody before you've heard or seen him play a single note?

Why is it that the default is "I'm probably gonna hate this guy"?

Since you have to hint at the fact that you might not like the new member, your mind seems to be set for something negative.

How fair is that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #554 on: March 26, 2009, 07:23:54 PM »

The only thing I don't get is why is it not ok to mourn the loss of Robin? I get that Slash has been gone for years and I don't like when people still harp on it.

However, I was a fan of Robin from day one. Loved him from the first time I saw him live, loved him in 02, 06 and all his work on the record. Hell, Better is my favorite GN'R song of all time.

I totally get why he's gone and why GN'R has to replace him at this point and to be honest, I'm very much looking forward to seeing why DJ can do. But at the same time I get the impression it's not ok to still be disappointed that Robin had to be replaced at all.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #555 on: March 26, 2009, 07:34:46 PM »

The only thing I don't get is why is it not ok to mourn the loss of Robin? I get that Slash has been gone for years and I don't like when people still harp on it.

However, I was a fan of Robin from day one. Loved him from the first time I saw him live, loved him in 02, 06 and all his work on the record. Hell, Better is my favorite GN'R song of all time.

I totally get why he's gone and why GN'R has to replace him at this point and to be honest, I'm very much looking forward to seeing why DJ can do. But at the same time I get the impression it's not ok to still be disappointed that Robin had to be replaced at all.

For me its about time... I'm cool with robin, I like his playing enough.. But i was pretty sure he was done, and all this time waiting around on him could have been put to good use... I'm only disappointed it took so long to name a lead guitarist...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #556 on: March 26, 2009, 07:58:26 PM »

The only thing I don't get is why is it not ok to mourn the loss of Robin?

That's fine.

But, try to not hold it against the band that they moved on, and/or against DJ that he's in the band replacing Robin.

That's the thing. Many who are upset about Robin's departure are also pointing out how the band's not the same blah blah blah....

We know it's not the same line up as  in 2007. But it was the only option!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #557 on: March 26, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »

Do you have to assume you're gonna hate somebody before you've heard or seen him play a single note?

Since you have to hint at the fact that you might not like the new member, your mind seems to be set for something negative.

How fair is that?

/jarmo

If my mind was set for something negative I would've hated the fact that the old gnr broke up and I would be one of those naysayers claiming for a reunion and screaming SLASH at the concerts. It is not something I do believe me. I love the new band. And of all the members that have come and gone, this one in particular I don't like, at least not right away.
The way he looks, the stuff he writes, the way he plays. He's a professional, that's obvious, but at the same time I don't see anything special about him.
TOmmy = Punk, replacements, rebel, say no more.
Robin = amazin aura, spiritual crazy nutty mofo, lovable as hell.
Bumblefoot = Mad skillz, though a bit silly with the music, very creative.
Frank and Brain = one blasts those drums like a mofo, the other one is very skilled.
Buckethead= there is no doubt in anyones' mind when you hear him play that he's got tons of talent.

This DJ dude.. I don't know.. Annie, and all the twilight teeny bopper kiddies saying he looks like a vampire makes me want to throw up. Motley Crue, more vomit. Nikki Sixx, more vomit. And Im not mad because Robin is gone. If they had brought someone cool, I would've been cool, that's all.
Im not saying that maybe he wont do a fine job in GNR. After all Axl calls the shots, so Im positive that whatever solo he'll do will be fine.  But I like to think each player sprinkles their own magic into the mix. And I'm not sure the sprinkle this man has to offer is good.  Tongue.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:08:20 PM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #558 on: March 26, 2009, 08:19:57 PM »

The only thing I don't get is why is it not ok to mourn the loss of Robin?

That's fine.

But, try to not hold it against the band that they moved on, and/or against DJ that he's in the band replacing Robin.

That's the thing. Many who are upset about Robin's departure are also pointing out how the band's not the same blah blah blah....

We know it's not the same line up as  in 2007. But it was the only option!

/jarmo

Oh I don't. I mean, none of us really know what went on with how and why Robin left. I'm just really anxious for a tour announcement at this point. I'm hoping that's what DJ's appointment means; that an announcement is nigh.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #559 on: March 26, 2009, 08:39:56 PM »

How fair is that?

/jarmo

If my mind was set for something negative I would've hated the fact that the old gnr broke up and I would be one of those naysayers claiming for a reunion and screaming SLASH at the concerts. It is not something I do believe me. I love the new band. And of all the members that have come and gone, this one in particular I don't like, at least not right away.
The way he looks, the stuff he writes, the way he plays. He's a professional, that's obvious, but at the same time I don't see anything special about him.
TOmmy = Punk, replacements, rebel, say no more.
Robin = amazin aura, spiritual crazy nutty mofo, lovable as hell.
Bumblefoot = Mad skillz, though a bit silly with the music, very creative.
Frank and Brain = one blasts those drums like a mofo, the other one is very skilled.
Buckethead= there is no doubt in anyones' mind when you hear him play that he's got tons of talent.

This DJ dude.. I don't know.. Annie, and all the twilight teeny bopper kiddies saying he looks like a vampire makes me want to throw up. Motley Crue, more vomit. Nikki Sixx, more vomit. And Im not mad because Robin is gone. If they had brought someone cool, I would've been cool, that's all.
Im not saying that maybe he wont do a fine job in GNR. After all Axl calls the shots, so Im positive that whatever solo he'll do will be fine.  But I like to think each player sprinkles their own magic into the mix. And I'm not sure the sprinkle this man has to offer is good.  Tongue.

Lets give him a chance. At first I didnt think Bucket had the GnR look but after hearing KOHD, Nightrain and the TWAT solo. Who cares what his look is that motherfucker can play. Maybe the same with DJ, maybe not, time will tell.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: