Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:08:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247411 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #560 on: March 26, 2009, 08:47:08 PM »

I like to think each player sprinkles their own magic into the mix. And I'm not sure the sprinkle this man has to offer is good.  Tongue.

As I said, we haven't heard or seen him with GN'R yet....

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #561 on: March 26, 2009, 09:05:01 PM »

anyway, he sounds good. and have a cool name. I'm sure he'll do the job, he seems very energetic too.

but I'm curious about his contribution in the band. and the future sound of Guns N'Roses for the next LP.
I just hope Ron will stay because now I see him as the main guitarist and he's just great.

and two big losses (Buckethead & Robin) is enough, even if Guns is not a band anymore but a "family".

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
ben9785
« Reply #562 on: March 27, 2009, 01:48:46 AM »

Just some personal thoughts in light of recent posts..

As I said elsewhere I am a very big fan of Finck, even before he was in GNR. He was one of the reasons why I got more interested into GNR in the late 90s when I heard he joined them. To get to the point, I appreciated everything about him that others don't. His guitar playing, his look, his character etc. I am very disappointed he is gone. But I guess that's the way it had to end.

In regard to DJ ASHBA, I am not holding anything against him just because he replaced one of my favorite members.. I honestly don't have any impression from Ashba in terms of his guitar playing or his character, but I'll just appreciate that he is helping GNR to go forward in terms of forthcoming tours etc.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #563 on: March 27, 2009, 04:18:03 AM »

i think DJ Ashba is going to blow our minds when he hits the stage...to me (purely from a visual point of view) he fits the GNR lead role perfectly...he's got the look and the mojo he needs to have...

I just wish he'd pick up a Les Paul and use that for the tour...another thing a GNR lead needs to have is a Les Paul....without it...its just not the same...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #564 on: March 27, 2009, 06:13:52 AM »

i think DJ Ashba is going to blow our minds when he hits the stage...to me (purely from a visual point of view) he fits the GNR lead role perfectly...he's got the look and the mojo he needs to have...

I just wish he'd pick up a Les Paul and use that for the tour...another thing a GNR lead needs to have is a Les Paul....without it...its just not the same...
he's being made a new axe as we speak, so you may see something you like...
& i also share your enthusiasm & hope he does in fact melt some faces this summer!

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #565 on: March 27, 2009, 09:28:49 AM »

well yesterday i was at a friends house watching videos of Ashba with Beautiful Creatures on a huge plasma and a big surround system and... i was impressed he kinda reminded me of zakk wylde at some points, he's more talented than i though. i guess i couldn't really get into him because i was pissed off Finck was replaced, but Ashba does have some serious skills, it's should be fun seeing him in Gn'r.

Chinese Democracy!
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #566 on: March 27, 2009, 11:21:04 AM »

I don't know the guy...

Sorry that I didn't yet read all the posts in this thread, but is there a (youtube) link where we can admire his talent? With that I mean some great solo or something, not just playing a song

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #567 on: March 27, 2009, 11:53:13 AM »

I think that Ashba is going to do his job very well. I think he is talanted and he will blow our mind. What I miss though, is the magic of the band. Too many replacements on a short period of time. It just like not being a real band. It is more like a job.

"...It don't really matter..."
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #568 on: March 27, 2009, 12:15:18 PM »

I think that Ashba is going to do his job very well. I think he is talanted and he will blow our mind. What I miss though, is the magic of the band. Too many replacements on a short period of time. It just like not being a real band. It is more like a job.

I know how u feel about it cuz Im on the same page,its funny that u say that is more like a job, last week someone sudgest me to go look for a job in Guns n Roses, maybe Axl have a sign on his window NOW HIRING.
Definetly it is something wrong and nobody can deny it, isnt normal. But thats GNR world, or should I say Axls world?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #569 on: March 27, 2009, 01:44:23 PM »

we're just living in a different era.  the music scene is drastically different than it was 10-20 years ago.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #570 on: March 27, 2009, 01:44:39 PM »

You just accept whoever is on stage with him.

true, and according to Jarmo, we're not allowed to even hint at the fact that MAYBE we won't like them. We just shut up.

Do you have to assume you're gonna hate somebody before you've heard or seen him play a single note?

Why is it that the default is "I'm probably gonna hate this guy"?

Since you have to hint at the fact that you might not like the new member, your mind seems to be set for something negative.

How fair is that?

/jarmo

NOT FAIR AT ALL!!!!

becouse some people just dont give the new members a chance isnt right i mean Axl and the other band members would have pick him for a reason if they did some people are closed minded to some possibilitys

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #571 on: March 27, 2009, 01:47:18 PM »

we're just living in a different era.  the music scene is drastically different than it was 10-20 years ago.

well i think Axl for some reason cant trust the new members as much as he should and is tryin to find the now perfect combo for what GNR was yesterday and what it is today

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #572 on: March 27, 2009, 01:53:11 PM »

being in a band for 10 years isn't exactly short in my book.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #573 on: March 27, 2009, 02:08:13 PM »

being in a band for 10 years isn't exactly short in my book.

It's tough that Finck didn't get to see the fruits of his labor.  10 years is along time and I think he wanted the album to come out and move on.  DJ is gonna be a intresting mix to the band, I would like to see the crowd's reaction when he plays the first couple shows.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #574 on: March 27, 2009, 02:10:38 PM »

I don't know the guy...

Sorry that I didn't yet read all the posts in this thread, but is there a (youtube) link where we can admire his talent? With that I mean some great solo or something, not just playing a song

Here a good link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBgY5LBfDxw&feature=PlayList&p=DAA133B7E49CA11A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=13

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #575 on: March 27, 2009, 02:12:23 PM »

I'm pretty happy with this addition too. I loved SiXX AM - it is a great disc. I could only imagine anything he might contribute to GNR would only be positive and maybe even bring them back to more metal hard core rockin songs! I can't wait to see what comes of this. and he is hot. Great to have some eye candy on stage.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #576 on: March 27, 2009, 02:18:14 PM »

Isn't Finck touring this summer with NIN? And if Guns wants to tour too? I would think that Axl would need to get someone to replace him since it would be extremely hard to be on tour with two bands.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #577 on: March 27, 2009, 02:19:29 PM »

I know how u feel about it cuz Im on the same page,its funny that u say that is more like a job, last week someone sudgest me to go look for a job in Guns n Roses, maybe Axl have a sign on his window NOW HIRING.
Definetly it is something wrong and nobody can deny it, isnt normal. But thats GNR world, or should I say Axls world?

oh fuckin please  Roll Eyes   GNR isn't a real band??  confused  Being in GNR is just a job??  confused

Youze wanna see fuckin magic and chemistry then just download a boot of any GNR show from 2001 till Present and you'll be blown away by A REAL BAND!!! headbanger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #578 on: March 27, 2009, 02:24:20 PM »

DJ is gonna be a intresting mix to the band, I would like to see the crowd's reaction when he plays the first couple shows.

One thing i can already see is that there will be more girls in the crowd, screaming their ass off 'DJ!' Lips Sealed
could be an interesting mix to the crowd.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #579 on: March 27, 2009, 02:34:52 PM »

DJ is gonna be a intresting mix to the band, I would like to see the crowd's reaction when he plays the first couple shows.

One thing i can already see is that there will be more girls in the crowd, screaming their ass off 'DJ!' Lips Sealed
could be an interesting mix to the crowd.

More girls? Explain....this guy looks like a ghoul.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: