Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 06:06:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247539 times)
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #680 on: April 24, 2009, 06:22:56 PM »

read what axl said about DJ   ok
i`m sorry for all of you !!!!
AXL CHOSE DJ !!!!   Smiley
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #681 on: April 24, 2009, 06:23:39 PM »

what voodoo said.

"Dj's a gifted, energetic guitarist that Guns N' Roses is proud to have on board!!" exclaims Axl Rose.  "We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. Guns' radar has silently been aware of Dj's presence for quite some time! He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem expanding the tapestry of Guns N' Roses live.  Once Dj's name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!"

Then again maybe dj will come up with some great materials the other gnr guys love to work on. win win.  Grin

think the same  Smiley  love
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #682 on: April 24, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »

DJ can really help get GNR back on top of the rock charts though.

he will bring that commercial songwriting sensibility that is currently missing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #683 on: April 25, 2009, 08:36:06 AM »

Obsessed with the songwriting thing?

What part of the "live performance" didn't you get?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #684 on: April 25, 2009, 11:15:24 AM »

I am expecting DJ to be a member of GNR and collaborate for future albums. not just a Gilby

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #685 on: April 25, 2009, 11:59:17 AM »

I am expecting DJ to be a member of GNR and collaborate for future albums. not just a Gilby

Not me.

Since we don't have a 100% accurate information about DJ in GNR, I'm expecting him to just cover for Robin on this tour, and then Robin will come back.

I'm not even a big fan of Finck, I think Bumble, Fortus and Dj are better guitar players than him, but Robin's been there for10 years, his contribution on CD is great, and I want to see him playing "This I Love", that for me it's the best thing he has ever done in his carreer.

If I could choose which one of them would get in GN'R in 98 I'd choose DJ, but since Robin's been there for 10 years now, I want him back! Seriously, is already bad enough that Bucket's solos won't be played by him, at least Finck's solos should be played by him.

Well, that's just my opinion.

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #686 on: April 26, 2009, 05:40:52 PM »

Motley's new album is actually quite good, perhaps DJ's viewed as some sought of songsmith..I pulled out my Beutiful Creatures debut...Excellant album..Check out Black List...........
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #687 on: April 26, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »

I thought axl's refrence to "live" was just phrased that way because the band is about to embark on a tour and so that's what DJ's doing now. Let's be honest if he'd said anything about recording we all would have begun the stop watches for the next album.  hihi Only Axl knows for sure I guess...but I would Imagine that if the DJ peforms well on the tour and everything goes well then his contributions to a future album would be considered. Much like richard...hired originally for a live setting but added some parts to existing works on the album. Anyway i'm just saying...from the press it seemed to me like GNR has welcomed him as a full member of the band.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #688 on: April 27, 2009, 11:39:56 AM »

I thought axl's refrence to "live" was just phrased that way because the band is about to embark on a tour and so that's what DJ's doing now. Let's be honest if he'd said anything about recording we all would have begun the stop watches for the next album.  hihi Only Axl knows for sure I guess...but I would Imagine that if the DJ peforms well on the tour and everything goes well then his contributions to a future album would be considered. Much like richard...hired originally for a live setting but added some parts to existing works on the album. Anyway i'm just saying...from the press it seemed to me like GNR has welcomed him as a full member of the band.
source?
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #689 on: April 27, 2009, 01:36:50 PM »

Richard wasn't hired as only a live performer, one of the reason why Richard was brought in was because of his song writing abilities.

Now Ron on the other hand was basicly hired to play Bucket's parts live and record stuff for the later albums, not CD.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #690 on: April 27, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »

Ron has at least twice the amount of parts on the album as Richard.
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #691 on: April 27, 2009, 02:22:29 PM »

Ron has at least twice the amount of parts on the album as Richard.

And that kinda shows that we have no idea what's going to happen with DJ

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #692 on: April 27, 2009, 07:11:58 PM »

source?

I'll see what I can find. I thought when Richard replaced in the 02 tour there were comments to the effect that Paul remained important to the band for songwriting but that he wasn't comftorable with touring etc. Those comments gave me the impression that he was originally hired for the live work, but I also remember them quickly mentioning that he'd already recorded some parts for the album.

I'm not knocking richard at all. Just saying that I don't think the phrasing of the Axl comment in relation to DJ suggests that he's ONLY hired for a tour, it reads to me more like a person talking about how they hired him, and how he'd be good a a live tour, as that's what's clearly going to happen next in GNR land.
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #693 on: April 27, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »

When I saw the band in 2006, I was shocked by how good Richard was. Sometimes he was even better than Axl, seriously, this guy is phenomenal.
However, when I bough the record, it was a huge fall down, I was shocked by the fact he is almost not on the record... it's just weird.

He's been in the band for 7 years now and he had no lead spot and only appeared on 3 songs out of 14? What the hell is that? come on seriously, what the hell is that?

I want to see a GN'R album with Richard Fortus playing on all the songs. This would be totally normal. This is what we call A BAND and beeing a BANDMEMBER. You play on the record, all the record, rythm and lead, with your riff, your ideas and your songwriting. There's nothing about that for Richard on the record. Why?

Would you see a GN'R album with Slash only playing on 3 tracks out of 14 with no solo at all? come on...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:25:40 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #694 on: April 27, 2009, 08:48:55 PM »

When I saw the band in 2006, I was shocked by how good Richard was. Sometimes he was even better than Axl, seriously, this guy is phenomenal.
However, when I bough the record, it was a huge fall down, I was shocked by the fact he is almost not on the record... it's just weird.

He's been in the band for 7 years now and he had no lead spot and only appeared on 3 songs out of 14? What the hell is that? come on seriously, what the hell is that?

I want to see a GN'R album with Richard Fortus playing on all the songs. This would be totally normal. This is what we call A BAND and beeing a BANDMEMBER. You play on the record, all the record, rythm and lead, with your riff, your ideas and your songwriting. There's nothing about that for Richard on the record. Why?

Would you see a GN'R album with Slash only playing on 3 tracks out of 14 with no solo at all? come on...

It's great that you think Fortus is the end-all be-all of guitar playing, but you have to understand uniqueness of your viewpoint.  You may feel that way strongly, but just because you believe it so strongly does not mean that everyone will believe the same thing.  In regards to your perception of Fortus being "better than Axl" (even if I don't quite understand that statement), that is wonderful, it really is, but you need to understand it is only your perception, and not what most people see or feel when Gn'R performs.

The album is Axl's (and the band's) vision, and it includes the guitar playing to fit that vision.  I would love to see more of Richard's playing on the next album, but the current album is no way lacking in regards to the guitar, whatever you definition of a "superstar" may be.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #695 on: April 28, 2009, 12:47:18 AM »

I think it was 5 songs.. but I want some of whatever you are smoking Nesquick
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #696 on: April 28, 2009, 07:25:27 AM »

It's great that you think Fortus is the end-all be-all of guitar playing, but you have to understand uniqueness of your viewpoint.  You may feel that way strongly, but just because you believe it so strongly does not mean that everyone will believe the same thing.  In regards to your perception of Fortus being "better than Axl" (even if I don't quite understand that statement), that is wonderful, it really is, but you need to understand it is only your perception, and not what most people see or feel when Gn'R performs.

The album is Axl's (and the band's) vision, and it includes the guitar playing to fit that vision.  I would love to see more of Richard's playing on the next album, but the current album is no way lacking in regards to the guitar, whatever you definition of a "superstar" may be.

loretian, can you please explain what a band means to you? As far as I know the meaning, it is a number of people that are playing instruments, touring live and making new music stated as albums. In GN'R case it's not quite like this. My opinion...

"...It don't really matter..."
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #697 on: April 28, 2009, 01:23:12 PM »

loretian, can you please explain what a band means to you? As far as I know the meaning, it is a number of people that are playing instruments, touring live and making new music stated as albums. In GN'R case it's not quite like this. My opinion...

A band is a group of musicians playing music, first and foremost, and usually they also create music based, presumably, on some vision or agenda of a type of music they'd like to create.

All the rest of your requirements don't mean much, as far as I can tell.  If you don't like how they operate, then so be it, but your arbitrary requirements of what constitutes a band are not the rules by which the band, Guns N' Roses, is going to operate under.

And finally I'd like to emphasize that debating the meanings or definitions of words is silly and pointless.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #698 on: April 28, 2009, 01:42:10 PM »

yea a band is a group of people...

however sometimes, when a band is great, it seems to me as if there's something more than just the musicians in it.
something like the diety of the band. its muse.

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #699 on: April 29, 2009, 11:27:18 AM »

In reference to the whole 'Live' vs. Songwriting discussion...If any of you ever wonder why the bandmembers are so guarded in what they say (BBF has 'jokingly refered to this), this is why.  You can take something that may be meaningless and distort it into a 2 page discussion...or, as in the case of 'better' vid, accept it as some sort of promise/guarrantee.  The 'band' has announced that DJ replaced Finke...that is the important piece of information that they shared with us.   Why people pick apart every word of ever statement is beyond me...we are not dealing with Harvard Lawyers - every word of every statement is not analyzed and scripted.  If I were in that band, I would be very hesitant to say anything, because it would be twisted, hung, and left swinging in the breeze.

Simply rejoice at the fact that DJ is onboard.  Standby for further official information.   ok   

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: