Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:52:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Elisabeth Hasselbeck is an idiot.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elisabeth Hasselbeck is an idiot.  (Read 7347 times)
Annie
« on: May 18, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »

I have never liked Elizabeth much, but she really outdid herself today on THE VIEW. She was trying to justify to Jesse Ventura that torture is OK when dealing with terrorist suspects. The Jordanian guy in BODY OF LIES put it best, "TORTURE DOES NOT WORK. A MAN WILL SAY ANYTHING TO STOP THE PAIN. Hell even Joan of Arc confessed to witchcraft when they tortured her.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 06:08:36 PM »

Jack Bauer proves it works.

html sucks
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 06:22:58 PM »

Utilitarian much?

If it did work, then you would condone it?

You aren't trying to grab the moral high ground, are you?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:27:48 PM »

I don't know exactly what this is in reference too (ie, the Bush Administration), but I think there is a strong difference between things like the waterboarding of what was it, a total of three without-a-doubt confessed terrorists to whatever was done to Joan of Arc etc. etc.  The term "torture" is thrown around so loosely.

At the end of the day, I do believe there are times where certain forms of so-called torture are necessary, such as the obvious scenario in which 50,000 (or whatever arbitrary number) lives are at stake, but that's not the real concern.  The real concern is whether the people with the power to use such techniques are wise enough and careful enough to know when to use it.

Regarding the Bush Administration, I have zero objections to the three (or close to three) instances when they used the waterboarding technique *(assuming the report released by the Obama administration on the waterboarding use was accurate, and the news media which I read was accurate in reporting on that report).

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 06:30:15 PM »

Utilitarian much?

Why did you Betray me , Tony.  rant

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 06:30:28 PM »

Im not sure if it works or what not, but I have little sympathy for a terrorist and their "Rights"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 06:51:03 PM »

Im not sure if it works or what not, but I have little sympathy for a terrorist and their "Rights"

They weren't too concerned about the rights of the 3000 people that died on 9/11.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 06:55:31 PM »

Utilitarian much?

Why did you Betray me , Tony.  rant

Oh I see, Mr. anti-spoiler decides to plant one in a thread that isn't even a 24 thread.  Wink

Sneaky... I like it!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »

I have never liked Elizabeth much, but she really outdid herself today on THE VIEW. She was trying to justify to Jesse Ventura that torture is OK when dealing with terrorist suspects. The Jordanian guy in BODY OF LIES put it best, "TORTURE DOES NOT WORK. A MAN WILL SAY ANYTHING TO STOP THE PAIN. Hell even Joan of Arc confessed to witchcraft when they tortured her.

I'm not sure if it works or not, but if you're "torturing" someone(and I put it in parenthesis because some of the so-called torture is so mild compared to what is done by others),  and they tell you false information, you can say "fine, we'll check on the information you gave us, and if it turns out to be a wild goose chase, we'll be back."
Now, it may very well turn out to be bs, but then at least the victim knows what he is in for. It's not like he doesn't have a warning.

Everyone always says, 'what if your family was in danger of death...', and it's a true sentiment because most of us would do whatever it takes to get them back safe. Whatever it takes.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »

you know you love it Jim.

html sucks
sandman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 08:05:33 PM »

americans are basically split on this issue. most of the polls are right down the middle. and there was even a recent poll where 36% of democrats said torture could be justified often or sometimes.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 08:58:24 PM »

For me, u have to be human to have rights and deserve sympathy

People whose sole mission in life is to kill others don't qualify as human and I say do whatever it takes to save the innocent.

Annie
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 09:26:01 PM »

People whose sole mission in life is to kill others don't qualify as human and I say do whatever it takes to save the innocent.

But doesn't that make us just as bad as them? I would give my life for someone I love. The debate on the View was why was it Ok to use torture on Muslim suspects and not the Timothy Mcvays's of the world. I also though torture was illegal. Elisabeth just made a total fool of herself as usual. Whoopi Goldberg was much more rational. I liked the way Hani Salem took on the terrorists in BODY OF LIES. Why don't we torture gangbangers who murder innocent children in drive by shootings? I mean where do you draw the line?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 09:56:38 PM »

But doesn't that make us just as bad as them? I would give my life for someone I love. The debate on the View was why was it Ok to use torture on Muslim suspects and not the Timothy Mcvays's of the world. I also though torture was illegal. Elisabeth just made a total fool of herself as usual. Whoopi Goldberg was much more rational. I liked the way Hani Salem took on the terrorists in BODY OF LIES. Why don't we torture gangbangers who murder innocent children in drive by shootings? I mean where do you draw the line?

because gangbangers aren't being trained in lawless lands plotting to kill millions of americans with nuclear weapons.

so the answer is to get information. it's the old ticking time bomb debate.

Jessie the Body is just doing the typical promotion tour bullying female talk show hosts to get his name in the headlines and sell more books.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 10:41:58 PM »

if you waterboarding is an effective means of gaining intelligence, then why did they need to waterboard Khaled Sheikh Mohammed 183 times?   

All that does is bring us down to their level and it is more likely to provide inaccurate information.    WMD/Al Qaida in Iraq?

The funniest part is most of the "pro-life" crowd are the same clowns who endorse this kind of nonsense.   
Annie
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 11:39:30 PM »

I think gangbangers are small scale terrorists. The people in power don't do enough to fight them because most of the victims are in poor neighborhoods. If innocent children were killed by a drive by in Malibu there would be a much greater upheaval than the daily occurences in Englewood. I liked the way Clint Eastwood handled the gangbangers in GRAN TORINO.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:41:56 PM by Annie » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 11:43:10 PM »

I say kill em all

gangbangers= instant death penalty

Terrorist=instant death penalty

Fuck 3 strikes

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 11:54:08 PM »

Hatred breeds hatred, unless a revenge is done proper.

It's easy to point out terrorists as inferior to us, but weren't Nagasaki terrorism too? Israel? Palestine?

[Everyone always says, 'what if your family was in danger of death...', and it's a true sentiment because most of us would do whatever it takes to get them back safe. Whatever it takes.

Isn't that racistic? Grin

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 11:55:15 PM »

Of course the United States have some of the greatest acts of terrorism ever committed.......

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 08:24:40 AM »

So, D, by your earlier reasoning, every FBI, CIA, armed forces member and politician that had anything to do with acts of terror should have received the death penalty?

I am not disagreeing with you.  I'm just asking for clarification's sake.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: