Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 11:34:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227998 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  holy shit! this is THE BEST gnr line-up EVER!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: holy shit! this is THE BEST gnr line-up EVER!  (Read 28677 times)
falungong69
Rocker

« on: May 27, 2009, 10:12:46 PM »

i just have to say it... the guys in the band right now make this the single greatest gnr lineup ever.  period.  end of story.  as much as i love finck, his time has passed.  dj ashba is going to blow the doors off this mutha.  mark my word.

here's what's so amazing... every time gnr invites a new member into the family, i always think they've managed to take a perfect band and make it even more perfect.  and somehow, they just keep doing it.  even when you think they couldn't possibly top themselves.  this band truly does get better with age. 

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR!  IT'S TIME TO SHOW THE WORLD WHAT GNR IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:33:28 PM »

Did you just find out today?!  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:30:13 AM »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! falungong69 is back starting threads!  I dunno if its the best GNR line up ever, i'd sure like to be proven so,  but we need a tour or new material for that.   Hopefully DJ has been writing some new stuff with the band since he joined.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 03:07:03 AM »

Pretty presumptuous to call this the best lineup when you've not heard a note out of them. It ain't about the parts, it's about how they fit together in the machine. You can't just slam together a bunch of great musicians and expect it to be a great band. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure when/if these guys do hit the stage, some magic's gonna happen.

And there goes the challenger...
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 03:22:36 AM »

ok.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 03:56:27 AM »

They have A LOT of work to do before that statement could even be considered.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
wadey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 08:14:25 AM »

WOW!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 08:17:55 AM »

i just have to say it... the guys in the band right now make this the single greatest gnr lineup ever.  period.  end of story.  as much as i love finck, his time has passed.  dj ashba is going to blow the doors off this mutha.  mark my word.

here's what's so amazing... every time gnr invites a new member into the family, i always think they've managed to take a perfect band and make it even more perfect.  and somehow, they just keep doing it.  even when you think they couldn't possibly top themselves.  this band truly does get better with age. 

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR!  IT'S TIME TO SHOW THE WORLD WHAT GNR IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!

You kinda proved your own point there... Anyways I'm not making any assumptions about the line-up until I actually hear some live stuff. You can't really judge DJ on his previous work , his input and sound to GN'R could be a lot different , good and bad. I'll wait to actually you know hear the band before I'd claim that it's the best line up.  peace
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 08:50:59 AM »

if we judge DJ for his work with beatiful creatures, this might be the most exciting gnr tour. the guy brings the house down and his stage presence was insane as well.

Chinese Democracy!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 09:07:25 AM »

I'm very happy with DJ Ashba as new guitarist, but IMHO the best lineup EVER was the one who rocked Hong Kong in 2002

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »

if we judge DJ for his work with beatiful creatures, this might be the most exciting gnr tour. the guy brings the house down and his stage presence was insane as well.

Word. Can't wait.
But we have to remain cautious though because I really wonder how some of the ChiDem songs will song once performed live.
Some of them are incredibly hard to sing. I know that it's Axl we're dealing with but songs like Scraped ( because of the multiple vocal layers ) will probably sound different
than how they do on the album. Also, I can't picture Axl singing that If the World - extremely hard - chorus correctly if he has the slightest problem with his voice.
I mean he has had some problems with Better during the 2006-2007 and that's nowhere near the hardest song on ChiDem.

So yes, as far as musicianship goes, I agree that this lineup is pretty solid and maybe the most solid until now but they will also have to play incredibly hard material and I sure hope that rehearsals went well...
( just try to imagine Riad n' the bedouins with the VMA Axl or This I love played like the terrible Estranged Tokyo 1992 version...it would be aweful )
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 10:26:30 AM »

Roll Eyes A lineup that hasn't played a single note together live or on record is the greatest GNR lineup ever. OK  Roll Eyes

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 10:38:40 AM »

Roll Eyes A lineup that hasn't played a single note together live or on record is the greatest GNR lineup ever. OK  Roll Eyes

I'm with you on this one. And i think there will be more ppl in and out of the band as the years go on. I liked the 2001/02 line up. I was even ok with Ron when he came in. But now its getting to seem like anyone can go and they'll be someone else in the spot. But you know what? what ever the line up is there better then any band out there today... beer

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 10:45:31 AM »

The best Line-up????No ....... rofl rofl

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 10:55:54 AM »

OP's point is that as the band has kept bettering itself, he has no doubt  about this new lineup.

I'm very happy with DJ Ashba as new guitarist, but IMHO the best lineup EVER was the one who rocked Hong Kong in 2002

as much as i adore that lineup in which each members striking individuality stood out, i must admit the band as a whole sounded and looked more united in 2006/7.

But we have to remain cautious though because I really wonder how some of the ChiDem songs will song once performed live.
Some of them are incredibly hard to sing. I know that it's Axl we're dealing with but songs like Scraped ( because of the multiple vocal layers ) will probably sound different
than how they do on the album. Also, I can't picture Axl singing that If the World - extremely hard - chorus correctly if he has the slightest problem with his voice.
I mean he has had some problems with Better during the 2006-2007 and that's nowhere near the hardest song on ChiDem.

altho i agree that new songs are hard,
I don't think better is easier to sing than if the world, this i love or scraped and the band wise, riad seems huge toughie.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 11:03:26 AM »

I think they should get a new singer (who is that guy anyway, he played in VR?) but other from that it's ok....

hihi

And yeah,
-DJ Ashba + Axl looks as a very promising mixture. peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 11:18:49 AM »

A lineup that hasn't played a single note together live or on record is the greatest GNR lineup ever. OK

Thats what i thought!

When you're the biggest band in the world and selling millions of albums, then you can be compared to previous versions.
This should really go to Dead Horse.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 11:28:31 AM »

A lineup that hasn't played a single note together live or on record is the greatest GNR lineup ever. OK

Thats what i thought!

When you're the biggest band in the world and selling millions of albums, then you can be compared to previous versions.
This should really go to Dead Horse.

says the guy with cancer as his avitar.  very telling.

so to all the haters, lemme ask you this... why on earth would you think axl would hire musicians who are less-than-the-best?  simply put:  he wouldn't!  this is guns n' roses.  he is axl rose.  he could pick anyone he wants to join this band.  so why would he invite subpar players?  if axl didn't think this was the best line-up, then he would have made a different line-up with different players.  holy shit, i can't believe i have to spell that out for SOME PEOPLE...

haters tried to ruin the fun again.  haters FAIL.  AGAIN!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 11:51:43 AM »

Haters aren't trying to ruin your fun. Some of us just don't say that this is the greatest flavor of Kool Aid ever without taking a sip first....no matter who is serving it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 11:55:54 AM »

Haters aren't trying to ruin your fun. Some of us just don't say that this is the greatest flavor of Kool Aid ever without taking a sip first....no matter who is serving it.

but if the guy serving the kool aid was an EXPERT on kook aid, and had made the best kool aid in history every time he ever tried to make kool aid, why wouldn't you believe in his ability to do it again?

open your mind!  just let yourself relax and love gnr. 

get on board or kindly FUCK OFF!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: