Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 08:31:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Official Slash Twitter and Myspace Update Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Slash Twitter and Myspace Update Thread  (Read 28024 times)
LT4
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 03:00:19 AM »

Jeeze, the guy was probably flipping channels on the television and came across the GnR
biography on A&E and was impressed with what he saw.  And yet reading this thread one could
get the impression that  he was in his basement watching the old music videos right now. 
confused

It would be nice to hear something....anything from axl though.  I'll bet he's got some nice cars.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 03:04:52 AM »

Would be wierd if Axl gave updates every night like: "Just finished vocals on a new track, it's off-the-hook-pandemonium-CRAZY!! Like Robert Plant trying to eat Freddy Mercury in a dark black alley!! While Rob Halford is cheering them on! You guys are gonna LOVE IT TO DEATH!!! Oh! And check out the new car I just bought! Isn't it rad?"

I never remember Slash comparing any of his solos to that of legendary guitarists. If he said something like awe man I just played a solo that would make Jimmy Page feel like a beginer, then I could see where your coming from, but I think its just part of his personality, not that hes cocky, just that hes excited.

I think the purpose of his twitter is to keep his friends/  diehard fans informed of his actions, not as press releases.

well said. Also yeah it would be wierd if axl posted in that way. But would it be wierd if a non-recluse ; sebastian bach for example; posted in that way? No! Axl and slash are different people, and say what you want about marketing ploys, to me he comes accross as a dude thats genuinely excited and proud of shit and wants to share it with his fans.

I got a buzz out of him saying he watched and enjoyed the guns footage, and if i was in his position i would have said the same to my fans.

There's no doubt about that! And they've got different id?as on how to promote themself.

If you like seeing your "heroes" in this and that promotional-sitiuation, I guess is just a matter of taste. And Slash's way to go is just not to my liking, simple as that. But if it floats your boat, cool! 

With that said, hardly any or no promotion, is indeed aaaaah just a tad on the light side....   Undecided  But like Axl would prolly say, it is what is! And depending on the next move from them, it could have its advantages. But that remains to be seen!   Smiley

Stavanger-rock-city!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 09:54:28 AM »

Jeeze, the guy was probably flipping channels on the television and came across the GnR
biography on A&E and was impressed with what he saw.  And yet reading this thread one could
get the impression that  he was in his basement watching the old music videos right now. 
confused

It would be nice to hear something....anything from axl though.  I'll bet he's got some nice cars.
I hope he wasn't impressed by the A&E Bio.  While it had some decent information and footage, it was ultra lame they couldn't use any GNR music through the thing.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 11:52:39 PM »

I couldnt see Axl posting updateds like Slash they both have different styles its not that Axl dosent like to try keep his fans informed I think he likes to keep a lot of things to himself

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 08:57:42 AM »

I couldnt see Axl posting updateds like Slash they both have different styles its not that Axl dosent like to try keep his fans informed I think he likes to keep a lot of things to himself

Well if you ask me it absolutely seems like Axl doesn't really care about keeping his fans informed. Of course I'm not saying that Axl should inform his fans about his really private business. No celeb owes their fans that. However, it wouldn't hurt Axl to let his fans know what he's up to musically once in a while.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2009, 10:41:41 AM »

I just accept people for their different personalities

For instance, I love Jon Bon Jovi and everything he does and he has a way of pulling it off without looking shitty but if Axl did it, it would just be different

same with this, I am fine with Slash doing what he does because it just fits who he is and his personality
if Axl started sending out 10 tweets a day, that would be great for us as fans, but I don't expect Axl to because that isnt what he does

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2009, 04:07:01 PM »

I just accept people for their different personalities

For instance, I love Jon Bon Jovi and everything he does and he has a way of pulling it off without looking shitty but if Axl did it, it would just be different

same with this, I am fine with Slash doing what he does because it just fits who he is and his personality
if Axl started sending out 10 tweets a day, that would be great for us as fans, but I don't expect Axl to because that isnt what he does
Yeah I thought it was quite cool and out of character for Axl to do the online chats.  It almost became commonplace there, as he was it for like 3 nights in a row.  I'm sure if he became a staple on these boards the coolness of the whole thing would wear off pretty quick.  People would just start getting in verbal fights with him and stuff.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2009, 07:14:53 PM »

what are Slash's news today? Something interesting about his dog? Any new car? What about Perla? Any cheap shot at Axl or anybody else?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »

for the record I cannot stand Perla

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2009, 07:55:28 AM »

what are Slash's news today? Something interesting about his dog? Any new car? What about Perla? Any cheap shot at Axl or anybody else?

Has he ever took a cheap shot at Axl or anyone else through twitter?  Why is it ok for others to update their fans through twitter but not Slash.  I know he updates about some some stupid shit sometimes (at least to me), but I am sure there are plenty of people who dig the shit about his car or whatever.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 08:00:54 AM by jemin » Logged
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2009, 06:05:34 PM »

When an everyday normal, non celebrity uses twitter, its fine for them to talk about their new cars and how excited they are. But I guess not Slash, hes not a human being, hes just a musical commodity to members of this board.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2009, 09:06:11 PM »

When an everyday normal, non celebrity uses twitter, its fine for them to talk about their new cars and how excited they are. But I guess not Slash, hes not a human being, hes just a musical commodity to members of this board.
I think the whole thing is over the top.  Who cares if Slash had a bowel movement this morning...but who reaaaallly cares if average Joe did.  I hope twitter is just a 'fad' that people get over soon.   
peace

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2009, 12:03:19 AM »

Yeah when they realize no one cares about whatever the fuck it is they are doing but at least Slash is more intamite about things with his fans then most celbs

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2009, 02:26:07 AM »

Yeah I don't think it's cool for the average Joe OR celebrities.  But the world we live in today wants up to the minute updates.  So some people are willing to deliver.  Bless them for it.  I do think most of the things Slash (and many others) posts are pointless.  But hell if they wanna let us know, I'll be glad to follow along.  Along the same lines, you can't blame some people for voicing their opinion that "who the f--k cares what kind of car you're buying?"  Some people are struggling to pay their bills, the last thing they want to read about is these types of things.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2009, 08:27:51 AM »

Problem is, Slash has used Twitter 99 percent of the time for music updates which are awesome

he may show a new car or a guitar but who cares?

Slash never Tweets "getting ready to take a shower" or any of that shit

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2009, 10:24:56 AM »

I think music updates of Slash on his Twitter are pretty cool.. nevermind if they're positive/upbeat or not. As long as it's musical it's great. Hell I wish Izzy would give us more updates, the guy finished a new album two months ago and he hasn't mentioned anything to us at all since over a year.. He never even told anyone of the release of Concrete, the people had to find out themselves when they noticed the album popping up on iTunes.
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2009, 03:56:12 PM »

Yeah I don't think it's cool for the average Joe OR celebrities.  But the world we live in today wants up to the minute updates.  So some people are willing to deliver.  Bless them for it.  I do think most of the things Slash (and many others) posts are pointless.  But hell if they wanna let us know, I'll be glad to follow along.  Along the same lines, you can't blame some people for voicing their opinion that "who the f--k cares what kind of car you're buying?"  Some people are struggling to pay their bills, the last thing they want to read about is these types of things.

Well put, I agree.  I think twitter is pretty dumb, but if slash is going to keep me updated on his musical on goings i will gladly read.

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2009, 02:41:53 PM »

I sent a msg! Call my #SayNow at 323-271-0558 or click http://bit.ly/zFC2B to listen to it

Its just him basically reading the announcements about his show

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2009, 10:53:25 PM »

@SlashHudson Really looking forward to talking to you about doin somethin together down the road.it was really cool last night

Joe Perry wrote this, baller!

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 03:21:04 PM »

Also, playing Nov 22nd: Travis Barker, Dave Navarro, Franky Perez, Chris Chaney & myself, we're the "house" band.

I hope he continues to play with Travis Barker, I have been dreaming of that for years

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: