Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 10:34:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227979 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Official Slash Twitter and Myspace Update Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Slash Twitter and Myspace Update Thread  (Read 28026 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: June 04, 2009, 03:01:01 AM »

I figured I would start a Twitter page for Slash for those who are following him. Some of his various posts are scattered through other threads, but this avoids starting a new one for anytime he says something interesting. He has been updating it through the making of his album process, so we can use this thread to post updates. His most recent one from today was:

"Writing some string parts for one of the tunes tomorrow, should be interesting. #fb"

He also has his weekly Myspace update he does:

May 29, 2009 - Friday 

Weekly update
Hey all, how's it going? I've been really busy with recording etc, I haven't been keeping in touch.

Outside of working on the record things have been quiet. No VR updates as of this writing, but I'm anxious to see something happen with an amazing frontman for the band in the not too distant future, whoever that might be.

My gig at the Quart Fest is coming up in Norway, June 30th. Which, is starting to come together. I'll post who all's playing next week, but it's a great line-up & the songs so far are shaping up to be a really great set.

As far as the record goes, we're almost done with vocals, 2 more songs left & a couple odds & ends. Then, I can stand back & see what we've got. It is a fucking awesome ensemble, that much I do know, with brilliant performances from each & every singer. I do hope to have a release date soon, but I can assure you, as I said before, it won't be this year. It will, most definitely, be out be very early in the new year. Even though the recording process is almost done, the legal logistics involved with so many different artists takes a minute to iron out.

When the record is released I plan on posting what gear was used on what songs; guitars, amps etc. Although, most of it was done with one guitar & 2 amps. A lot of interesting mike set-ups though. The record is being recorded anolog as well, this might be one of the last rock & roll records to be recorded that way, no joke. So, of course, I have to release it on vinyl, as well as cd.

Right then, I guess that's it. I'll have the Quart Fest line-up for you guys next week & anything else that comes up as well, have a good one.

Slash iiii||; ),
Sent via Satan ] ; ) >

For anyone wanting to follow along with either the adresses are:

http://twitter.com/slashhudson

http://www.myspace.com/slash
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:56:43 PM »

New Update about Quart Festival. It is a pretty good band he lined up to play with him. Hope we get some good audio.

The band comprises of: Jason Bonham, Chris Chaney, John 5, Franky Perez & Teddy Andreadis. #fb
less than a minute ago from txt Special guests include: Fergie, Ron Wood & Ozzy Osbourne, should be a gas. #fb
Doing a gig in Norway at the Quart Fest June 30th. #fb

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 03:18:10 PM »

I like this thread, it makes getting the info i'm looking for a lot easier and i don't have to deal with peoples bickering (at least yet)

Back in the studio today but I'm having a hard time concentrating. #fb
about 19 hours ago from txt

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 04:13:03 PM »

From Perla's Twitter the day before:

# playing rumicub with the girls while slash puts strings on the most beautiful ballad
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »

Ola Hudson
Hello all, as some of you may already know, my mom (Ola Hudson) died 6:30am last Friday morning of Lung Cancer. This is a difficult time, but I have to share with you that she was the sweetest, warmest, most loving human being I've ever known (next to my grandmother on her side), as well as one of the most creative & talented. She was also the coolest Rock & Roll mom a Rock junkie like myself could ever possibly want to have. She was responsible for exposing me to a lot of the music that would influence me as a musician growing up. As well as introducing me to "the life" & priming me to survive this crazy business that I'm now in. But more importantly, she turned me on to all different forms of art & the importance of artistic self expression & creative communication thru music & dance from as early on as I can remember. She really was all things artistic & creative personified & the world is a lesser place without her.

I still haven't grasped fully that she is gone & this is going to take some time to process. But, I have gotten a lot of really genuine condolences from many of you & I want to tell you that I appreciate it more than you can possibly know. My family & I thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
   Slash
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 07:50:22 PM »

Kind of awesome Slash took time to thank everyone for the support he's been getting when I know for myself making sure I found a computer and did a weekly Myspace update would be the last thing I would be worrying about. Let's hope this will serve as his inspiration to not fall off the wagon in any way. Steven said he quit smoking recently, probably because of having found this out. I hope he sticks with it as I am sure he thought of the effect losing him would have on his kids now that he is in that position with his mom.

Also, its a nit picky thing, but how about anyone who updates the thread with stuff from his Myspace/Twitter put the Update in Bold, so we know what part is Slash's stuff and then what our commentary is. It will help with organization I think.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »

Pretty productive day all in all, cool guitar solo. #fb

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 09:11:12 AM »

it is cool to kind of hear him update progress on the album

libertad
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 09:29:36 AM »

it is cool to kind of hear him update progress on the album

It is indeed, it keeps the fan's from getting frustrated and it keeps the media positive. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 01:27:07 AM »

I have a legendary singer coming in tomorrow to put vocals on the new song. #fb
35 minutes ago from txt

Scott Stapp! No,  hihi

Steven Tyler... Please?!

or Axl Rose would be sweet....

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 01:38:13 AM »

Mick Jagger?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 04:21:12 PM »

Just got back from the shooting range, my arm is going to be sore tomorrow for sure. #fb
about 12 hours ago from txt

I wonder if he used spare copies of libertad for target practice  hihi

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 05:20:07 PM »

SlashHudsonWorking with some great vocalists this week, doing some writing etc. #fb
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 07:18:45 AM »

"Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace and twitter my yahoo 'til I google all over your facebook?" lol
9:01 PM Jul 23rd from txt

Someone just sent me that, welcome to the 21st century I guess.
9:12 PM Jul 23rd from txt

Time for a new tattoo. #fb
about 13 hours ago from txt

I'm hanging out w/Steven Adler & Matt Sorum, who would have thought? #fb
about 4 hours ago from txt
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 01:37:00 AM »

Back at Chris' studio working on a badass riff. #fb
about 3 hours ago from txt Correction, I'm doing an interview for an Ozzy doc produced by Jack Osbourne.
about 8 hours ago from txt Doing an interview w/Jack Osbourne about his dad today for a documentary. #fb
about 10 hours ago from txt Flea is a truly phenomenal bass player, just hanging out listening to him play today. #fb
about 23 hours ago from txt

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 02:34:34 PM »

I Saw X-Games 3D last night, fucking amazing! #fb
about 2 hours ago from txt

Just came back from Rick Baker's studio, that was pretty rad. #fb
about 19 hours ago from txt

I'm negotiating to get a triple black DBS, I love Aston Martin. #fb
9:38 AM Jul 30th from txt

Joe Perry pulled out a BC Rich Doubleneck in Vegas, Heaviest guitar ever made. #fb
7:33 PM Jul 29th from txt

But, I'm getting a badass new car, so no complaints. #fb
4:16 PM Jul 29th from txt

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 11:18:10 PM »

"The JCM 800 was blown 1st day of recording, I fixed it, it's been my main amp the whole record."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 10:17:54 PM »

SlashHudson - I saw some killer footage of GNR from the late 80's/early 90's today, one of rock's greatest R & R bands, definitely. #fb
31 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

SlashHudson - I meant that in the most humble way of course. It was a really kick ass band though. #fb
26 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 02:26:49 AM »

SlashHudson - I saw some killer footage of GNR from the late 80's/early 90's today, one of rock's greatest R & R bands, definitely. #fb

SlashHudson - I meant that in the most humble way of course. It was a really kick ass band though. #fb

Absolutely Slash, I totally agree! It was the best band ever!
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 03:11:33 AM »

Absolutely Slash, I totally agree! It was the best band ever!

"It WAS a kick ass band"?   Huh

Someone should FYI him that Guns N' Roses didn't die with him and of the kick ass GNR-tours in the last four years, not to mention the evolved and epic album released 9 months ago!

It IS a kick ass band!!   ok

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: