Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 05:38:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Michael Jackson Dead
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michael Jackson Dead  (Read 57781 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #200 on: July 07, 2009, 07:36:23 PM »

i woke up and was able to see the ending when everyone was up on stage and the daughter did make me shed a tear or two. 
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2009, 07:39:50 PM »

I couldn't watch it again. My jaw was quivering I got so emotional watching this. Especially his daughter. That was heart shattering.

Amen to that D, First time round I managed to no get emotional, just saw the rerun on some Dutch channel and shed a tear.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #202 on: July 07, 2009, 10:26:19 PM »

No DVR in the Axl4prez house?

I cried my eyes out watching this

U don't realize how many lives he touched. Just the shear number of people watching this was mind blowing.

I know one thing: I never want to hear or see anymore Tabloid MJ gossip/jokes etc.

Axl4Prez has a vcr/dvd player, but no dvr!  We're practically Amish!  hihi
Seriously though, I think Yahoo had some clips.  We just saw them, and oh yeah...that Paris made me cry.  Very sad.
It's so sad to hear people complain about all the coverage...the man's dead and they still wanna piss on his grave.
I truly think they'll get theirs in the end.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2009, 10:31:29 PM »

It's so sad to hear people complain about all the coverage...the man's dead and they still wanna piss on his grave.

so because some people think MJ 24/7 on the news is a bit much they are pissing on his grave?   

I had nothing against the guy, wish his family all the best, may he rest in peace.. but the constant news coverage has been a bit too much for my taste.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #204 on: July 07, 2009, 11:15:48 PM »

so because some people think MJ 24/7 on the news is a bit much they are pissing on his grave?   

I had nothing against the guy, wish his family all the best, may he rest in peace.. but the constant news coverage has been a bit too much for my taste.

And that's a dead mans fault how?

Luckily for me, I had class and missed the service.  I have read up on the service and seen some pictures.  Once I grow a set of balls, I'll watch Paris' bit.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #205 on: July 07, 2009, 11:20:30 PM »

And that's a dead mans fault how?

Its not.   Its the media's fault.    The same media that has been demonizing him for the last 15 years.   

Whatever gets ratings and makes money I guess.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2009, 11:40:13 PM »

I think they did a good job with the memorial.  I agree that Paris' bit at the end was heartbreaking.   Undecided

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
3 1 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 337,806 +224% NUMBER ONES
-- 2 NOW 31 SONY MUSIC 167,593 -- VARIOUS ARTISTS
1 3 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 165,394 +55% THRILLER
-- 4 BRAD PAISLEY ARISTA NASHVILLE 129,564 -- AMERICAN SATURDAY NIGHT
2 5 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 121,957 +15% ESSENTIAL

Jackson?s Epic/Sony Legacy collection Number Ones tops this week?s chart with 337k, with a remarkable 225k from Wal-Mart stores alone, while Thriller lands at #3 (165k) and Essential at #5 (122k).

In all, a total of six Jackson albums hit the Top 50, including Off the Wall (#11), Dangerous (#22) and Bad (#28).
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2009, 12:28:35 AM »

The memorial was very beautiful.  I have to admit I was crying pretty much from the moment I started watching it, and I really had to let loose during the "We are the World" part.  It seemed so perfect since all that song represented was so important to him.  His daughter at the end was absolutely heartbreaking.  I even really enjoyed Al Sharpton's speech and thought he made some very important points about the impact MJ had on the world.  This made it all too real that Michael Jackson is actually gone, and that fact is very hard for me to wrap my head around.  It was a beautiful remembrance of a beautiful life and very fitting the King of Pop.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2009, 12:49:49 AM »

I truly thought the best part was Jermaine singing "Smile".....that's such a beautiful song as it is and he really put so much emotion into it. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2009, 01:08:47 AM »

It was wonderful.  He sang it perfectly.  I don't know how he did it.  Must have been very hard for him.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2009, 05:36:01 AM »

what kills me is how stupid fucking reporters have to throw in their bullshit during this beautiful service. talking about his look etc

Jackson didn't try to be a "white' person

he had a skin disease that put blotches of white all over his skin, so if he did anything, it was just so he wouldn't look like a checkerboard.

I also hope that last family that accused him of that bullshit get fucking Dextered.

bastards stole his life IMO

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2009, 06:23:51 AM »

I've been catching bits and pieces of the service here and there between homework breaks.  So sad.  I want people to remember him the way his daughter eulogized him.

It goes to show you what kind of unifying force he was, still is.  I disliked him as a child, never really cared for him until he passed on.  I've been watching some of his stuff on the YouTubes and VH1 Classic.  I'm not gonna say anything no one has said before about his talent and stage presence, everyone knows about his gifts.  And I just can't help feeling sad every time I think about him.  His death kinda mellowed me out.  I try not to feel so strongly about stupid things.  And I want to help people even more than before, in any way I can.

I still can't get over the fact that the very same media that ruined him is now singing his praises. 

Wonder where they will bury him.  He's still at the Staples Center.  It's a little spooky for me to think about, for I spend a lot of time there and know the place inside and out.  Maybe he's hanging out in one of the locker rooms?

Even Elvis didn't have a send off like this.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2009, 06:26:09 AM »

BTW, an interesting bit of trivia.

Bill Bailey invented the moonwalk.

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2009, 09:54:49 AM »

I've been catching bits and pieces of the service here and there between homework breaks.  So sad.  I want people to remember him the way his daughter eulogized him.

It goes to show you what kind of unifying force he was, still is.  I disliked him as a child, never really cared for him until he passed on.  I've been watching some of his stuff on the YouTubes and VH1 Classic.  I'm not gonna say anything no one has said before about his talent and stage presence, everyone knows about his gifts.  And I just can't help feeling sad every time I think about him.  His death kinda mellowed me out.  I try not to feel so strongly about stupid things.  And I want to help people even more than before, in any way I can.

I still can't get over the fact that the very same media that ruined him is now singing his praises. 

Wonder where they will bury him.  He's still at the Staples Center.  It's a little spooky for me to think about, for I spend a lot of time there and know the place inside and out.  Maybe he's hanging out in one of the locker rooms?

My guess is that his body may not have even been in that coffin at all.  Pretty risky I would say, but I could be wrong they had tons of security who knows right!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Annie
« Reply #214 on: July 08, 2009, 10:20:49 AM »

It reminded me of when Princess Diana died. I felt like I lost a family member when we lost her. I even signed her condolence book. Michael's children are stunningly gorgeous. i hope they don't end up with Debbie Rowe. They need to keep all 3 together. i never realized how much MJ's music impacted me until now. I never could moonwalk though.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #215 on: July 08, 2009, 10:38:38 AM »

See, I never understood the Princess Diana thing

what did she do? Being born isn't a talent or a gift so I really didn't care about that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »

what did she do? Being born isn't a talent or a gift so I really didn't care about that.

She wasn't Born into royalty, she became a Princess through marriage.  She represented a stark contrast to Prince Charles and the rest of the royals.

The British Royal Family has always been very stuffy, staid and conservative.  She was a breath of fresh air as not only was she glamorous, she also had a unique empathy and wore her heart on her sleeve. 

She hugged kids with AIDS in Africa, at a time when ignorance around the disease had people believing it was as contagious as flu, and those suffering the disease should be treated as biblical era lepers.  She was a fine humanitarian that used her elevated position to bring to the public eye unfashionable (at the time) causes.

She was far from perfect though, and her indiscretions were heavily reported at the time, but it was perhaps these flaws that also ingratiated her to the British public.  She was very human.
Annie
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2009, 11:25:31 AM »

She wasn't Born into royalty, she became a Princess through marriage.  She represented a stark contrast to Prince Charles and the rest of the royals.

The British Royal Family has always been very stuffy, staid and conservative.  She was a breath of fresh air as not only was she glamorous, she also had a unique empathy and wore her heart on her sleeve. 

She hugged kids with AIDS in Africa, at a time when ignorance around the disease had people believing it was as contagious as flu, and those suffering the disease should be treated as biblical era lepers.  She was a fine humanitarian that used her elevated position to bring to the public eye unfashionable (at the time) causes.

She was far from perfect though, and her indiscretions were heavily reported at the time, but it was perhaps these flaws that also ingratiated her to the British public.  She was very human.
Well said. She just added joy to the world. When she was alive, it was so exciting to go to London. Her fashion was so inspirational, you would see people on the street who inspired you to go clothes shopping. The last time I was in London in 2007, things just weren't the same. People didn't dress as well and they seemed less joyful. I discussed this on a bus with an older English lady who agreed with me. Diana was the people's princess. Her brother's euology was so moving. When I signed her condolene book at the British Embassy in Chicago, there were people from all walks of life. And I adored Elton John's song. She did leave behind 2 wonderful sons.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2009, 01:03:51 PM »

agreed she was even learnt in dactylology.

she wasn't a commoner tho. born aristocracy.

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2009, 06:28:49 PM »

agreed she was even learnt in dactylology.

she wasn't a commoner tho. born aristocracy.

Her father was a descendant of King Charles the third of England, who later became the 8th Earl Spencer.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: