Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:24:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 15th: Live Chat with DJ Ashba
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 15th: Live Chat with DJ Ashba  (Read 60444 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2009, 08:56:15 AM »

Have u written any material with AXL and if not do you plan to?
DJ ASHBA:  All i can say is i right and record every day

DJ Ashba:  Out of respect to GNR, all your questions will be answered, i promise, im not the man to give those

DJ:  Love playing SCOM, November rain, chinese, better

Does Axl still have braids in his hair?
DJ Ashba:  I will not speak on Axl's behalf

DJ:  I have met everyone a few times and they have all been nice

Looks like he couldnt give much away bout Guns.  Especially the question about Axls hair!
Someone also apparently said "DJ NotSlashBa" which is kinda disrespectful.

PS: I do hope he has met the band more than " a few" times
The comment about meeting everyone a few times was in reference to "former" members of GNR, not the current members.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2009, 08:59:15 AM »

Anyone notice that little remark he made?  ill put it in below in bold.  Think this means that perhaps Axl was there?  i know its a long shot but is possible!

FAN:  Can you tell Axl he rocks
DJ:  You just have.

That comment had nothing to do with Axl.  He was talking to someone else at the time.  The chat was chaotic and anyone and everyone would speak anytime they wanted.  Everyone was talking at once and someone asked DJ if he could say hi to Katie for him, who apparently is another fan, and apparenlty she was IN the chat, so DJ replied "you just did" or whatever.

Also, there WAS someone in the chat named Axl Rose, but I highly doubt it was him.  There was also a Bumblefoot in there at one point.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2009, 09:22:26 AM »

From what I've gathered from him when I was around :

-As regards new material with GnR : "He is recording everyday and that's all he can say for now"

-As regards touring : he is looking forward to it

-As regards Axl : he is the coolest motherfucker around and a great friend

-As regards the people in the band : Axl has gathered some of the best musicians ever and they are all pretty cool people

-As regards our questions : he cannot answer them but they will be all answered, he promises...We just have to stick around and losing hope would "be a mistake"

-As regards his favourite song on ChiDem : This I Love and he will play the solo

That's it.

I was a bit disappointed because he dodged most questions but I can't say I didn't expect it. It was just a bit hard to swallow at 4 am... hihi
However, if he is really recording for GnR right now, that could be a very, very good thing  ok

why am I not surprised he dodged all GnR questions and said to keep waiting for answers Shocked
but thanks to those who actually were present to confirm what was suspected-I guess you can't fault the guy
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2009, 10:07:51 AM »

From what I've gathered from him when I was around :

-As regards new material with GnR : "He is recording everyday and that's all he can say for now"

-As regards touring : he is looking forward to it

-As regards Axl : he is the coolest motherfucker around and a great friend

-As regards the people in the band : Axl has gathered some of the best musicians ever and they are all pretty cool people

-As regards our questions : he cannot answer them but they will be all answered, he promises...We just have to stick around and losing hope would "be a mistake"

-As regards his favourite song on ChiDem : This I Love and he will play the solo

That's it.

I was a bit disappointed because he dodged most questions but I can't say I didn't expect it. It was just a bit hard to swallow at 4 am... hihi
However, if he is really recording for GnR right now, that could be a very, very good thing  ok

why am I not surprised he dodged all GnR questions and said to keep waiting for answers Shocked
but thanks to those who actually were present to confirm what was suspected-I guess you can't fault the guy
He didn't dodge ALL GNR ?'s.  And he actually dodged a lot of non-GNR questions too.  It was almost impossible to follow that crazy chat.  Trust me, it wasn't your normal run of the mill chat where people ask questions in a timely manner and await a response.  You had to be there to see how chaotic it was.  It was more of a chance for DJ to "hang out" and show appreciation for HIS fans than to go into details about GNR.

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2009, 10:43:49 AM »

Also, there WAS someone in the chat named Axl Rose, but I highly doubt it was him.  There was also a Bumblefoot in there at one point.

Of course it wasn't him!  He asked if Axl is fat!
Christian
VIP

« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2009, 10:45:48 AM »

That's stupid asking a GN'R guitarrist about Axl's hair.

Then, the guy doesn't reply and some assholes "he's just a hired guy"

Even in the old band.. i remember Duff using a "I don't know where Axl is" T-shirt, cause he was tired of saying that everytime.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2009, 11:10:06 AM »

I still don't really know DJ Ashba's musical work, but I'm sure the guy is very talented (otherwise Axl wouldn't bring him into the band  Wink )
he seems to be a very good all-round artist (music, graphical design&motion,...)

What I read of the guy's chat, he seems a to be a cool person! Hope to hear him soon on a Guns track!  peace

Maybe CD is not the (commecial) succes most of us fans wanted, but I strongly begin to to feel that Guns is moving into a new direction (read: moving forward) which is a pretty good thing. CD already introduces some newer sound, but also the GN'R face, the 'old guns' personality, is fading and changing into this newer style (Buckethead, Finck, Bumble, DJ Ashba,..) which is a pretty good thing.
This open new doors for (new) success. This is the power of CD, it's a damn new kick off!!

Welcome DJ!

peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2009, 01:23:31 PM »

thanks for the trascriptions.  ok

who did? the axl or the bumble? and what dj said?    hihi
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »

thanks for the trascriptions.  ok

who did? the axl or the bumble? and what dj said?    hihi

"Axl Rose" asked if Axl was fat.  DJ replied "No he's not fat!"

On another note, I'm admittedly one of the more cynical in regards to this band having any future plans, but after hearing DJ's non-answers I now think it's really possible that they're working on CD2 right now, and will tour both albums together when it's done.  He was asked several times if he's worked on any new Guns material, and each time he said something to the effect of "All I can say is that I'm always writing and always recording Wink" and each time that little wink was there at the end of his reply . . .  I really hope there's some super-secret plan at work here . . .
bobby_jean
Opening Act

« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2009, 03:07:18 PM »

LOL, he could've asked this guitar god anything, and all he could come up with was a question about Axl's braids? I've lost my faith in mankind.  confused
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2009, 03:08:50 PM »

i wouldnt get your hopes up Embarrassed
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2009, 04:02:47 PM »

On another note, I'm admittedly one of the more cynical in regards to this band having any future plans, but after hearing DJ's non-answers I now think it's really possible that they're working on CD2 right now, and will tour both albums together when it's done.  He was asked several times if he's worked on any new Guns material, and each time he said something to the effect of "All I can say is that I'm always writing and always recording Wink" and each time that little wink was there at the end of his reply . . .  I really hope there's some super-secret plan at work here . . .
I normally cringe at speculation, but you may be on to something...I just hope nobody calls him a liar, and starts any negative threads, when we don't see action on that possible scenario a couple months down the road.

What I would take away from this, is that GnR is very alive (contrary to some peoples opinions), and DJ is an active member.  We still have wonderful things to look forward to. ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2009, 04:24:58 PM »

I normally cringe at speculation, but you may be on to something...I just hope nobody calls him a liar, and starts any negative threads, when we don't see action on that possible scenario a couple months down the road.

What I would take away from this, is that GnR is very alive (contrary to some peoples opinions), and DJ is an active member.  We still have wonderful things to look forward to. ok

Yeah I'm not banking on it or anything, but I think maybe Axl envisioned CD's release to be something really special, and (regardless of who's to blame for what) his vision ended up getting fucked up.  So maybe this is "plan B."  I just can't imagine that all the nothing that's going on is for no reason at all.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »

it would make more sense to finish up and release another album and then tour on both ....but that wont happen...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2009, 05:07:27 PM »

I think I have been DJ's biggest supporter on here and if they are recording, i will be ecstatic

Finally GNR have a true proven amazing songwriter in this band and this dude is the real deal and will put GNR back into the mainstream

GNR, *not us* have some of the dumbest fans in the world. some of those questions...... Why the fuck would u ask some of that dumb shit?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2009, 05:16:05 PM »

Hi!!!  ... this is me on DJ?s right !!!!

Dj Ashba:         Out of respect for GN'R all your questions will be answered, I promise, Im not the man to give those answers Smiley I hope you understand
Dj Ashba:         Axl is doing great and so is the rest of GN'R
Dj Ashba:         I have the most respect for all of the other guitarist that have contributed to GNR

Dj Ashba:         thank you, I can assure you I am very serious about doing the songs justice!!

Dj Ashba:         I will not discuss any tour dates at this time. sorry you will just have to be patient Smiley

Dj Ashba:         Yes tell GNR Inter. Thank you for all the love and support that they have givin me!! I promise they will get nothing but 200% from me at all times!

Dj Ashba:         I love playing Sweet child, Nov. Rain, chinese, better! You name it what song isnt fun to play by GN'R

Dj Ashba:         I will not speak on Axl's behalf Wink

Dj Ashba:         Tell them Thank you for all the love and support that they continue to give me. It's an honor to be apart of GN'R and I can promise that I will always give 200% no matter what! See ya soon!

Dj Ashba:         My heart inspires me, if ya listen to your heart and translate with your fingers you'll never go wrong

Dj Ashba:         Leatherface Les Paul is a work of passion

Dj Ashba:         I've wanted to work with Axl for many years, I have the most respect for him, he's the real deal, no bullshit! Mad talent and an all around amazing friend

Dj Ashba:         Trust me all your questions regaurding Guns will be answered in due time Smiley

Dj Ashba:         I plan to give all the fans my heart, weather its on record or on tour
Dj Ashba:         I have tons of respect for Robin

Dj Ashba:         This I Love is one of my fav

Dj Ashba:         Yes I cut my teeth on GN'R growing up
Dj Ashba:         yes My dad took me to see Motley when I was young

Dj Ashba:         Its impossable to pick a favorite GN'R song, theres to many

Dj Ashba:         I can relate to alot of them, I think thats whats great about the Lyrics Axl writes

Dj Ashba:         I am very backed up on mail, but I do not and will not let anyone else read the letters yall send, eventually I will get to them

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2009, 05:28:39 PM »

Thanks angeles, that seemed more accurate. Smiley

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2009, 05:52:10 PM »

LOL, he could've asked this guitar god anything, and all he could come up with was a question about Axl's braids? I've lost my faith in mankind.  confused

Guitar God? jeez. that's not even remotely true...

do u call a guitar god to anyone who puts out records and plays guitar?

p.s. i love Ashba just as much as the next guy, but his best record is beautiful creatures and that's not even close to a guitar god standard.

his solo album is pretty sick as well, but then again u don't get to be a guitar god based on two proper records, you need the majority of the world agreeing that you did something new to the scene. i.e. Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Malmsteen, Jimmy Page, Slash, Joe Perry. regardless of personal taste those will go down in history as guitar gods hands down. Ashba isn't even near their league yet... being in guns could help that if he happens to do anything that catches people's attention. still, hard shoes to fill no matter who you think he's replacing, from slash to bucket or robin
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 06:05:05 PM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2009, 06:09:01 PM »

i think if you read between the lines, what he said was very positive. guns are still a band, he is writing music. hes gonna take bunch of les pauls on tour. so there will be a tour is what i get out of it. he cant what to play the solo on this i love. to me it means that song will be played live. he said all the songs on cd are very challenging to play. for me that says he is lerning all the songs, so the set list will be very different from past tours. & losing hope would be a mistake. i think he sad alot more than people realise. maybe its just my positive approach on life, but when you look at it alot was said. for me atleast.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2009, 06:15:20 PM »

Guitar God? jeez. that's not even remotely true...

do u call a guitar god to anyone who puts out records and plays guitar?

p.s. i love Ashba just as much as the next guy, but his best record is beautiful creatures and that's not even close to a guitar god standard.

his solo album is pretty sick as well, but then again u don't get to be a guitar god based on two proper records, you need the majority of the world agreeing that you did something new to the scene. i.e. Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Malmsteen, Jimmy Page, Slash, Joe Perry. regardless of personal taste those will go down in history as guitar gods hands down. Ashba isn't even near their league yet... being in guns could help that if he happens to do anything that catches people's attention. still, hard shoes to fill no matter who you think he's replacing, from slash to bucket or robin

Oh please, Ashba has already accomplished way more than Robin

he had the rock hit of last Summer in "Life Is Beautiful" and Saints of Los Angeles by Motley Crue is better than anything Robin has ever done

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: