Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:11:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Strange experience
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strange experience  (Read 7937 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 09:12:41 AM »

I just wish that he would have accepted my apology. But he probably wasn't playing with a full deck to get so upset.

If you didn't do anything wrong, then WTF did you apologize for?  Roll Eyes

I notice in a lot of your posts, you tend to qualify people by their nationality or the color of their skin.  So maybe you just don't realize how offensive some of your words and mannerisms are?

And because someone doesn't think the same way you do, doesn't mean that they aren't "playing with a full deck" either.

You should've just replied to him ... FUCK YOU! ... and went on about your business.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 10:22:50 AM »

I just wish that he would have accepted my apology. But he probably wasn't playing with a full deck to get so upset.

If you didn't do anything wrong, then WTF did you apologize for?  Roll Eyes

I notice in a lot of your posts, you tend to qualify people by their nationality or the color of their skin.  So maybe you just don't realize how offensive some of your words and mannerisms are?

And because someone doesn't think the same way you do, doesn't mean that they aren't "playing with a full deck" either.

You should've just replied to him ... FUCK YOU! ... and went on about your business.
I felt bad that I hurt his feelings, because I was in my own world being pissed off at the new doctors at work who had done some really stupid things that day and not taking care of my adorable tokidoki purse...  I  am  an aspiring screen writer and when I give details about a person's skin color or nationality I am trying to paint a picture with words. I think I need to refine my writing style a bit so thankyou for the feedback.. Screaming at somebody and storming off is not exactly rationale behaviour.  I just wonder if he would have yelled at an African American woman if she did the same thing. I want to go back there someday with a 6ft 6in tall guy dressed like Buckethead with a KFC Bucket and Jason mask. It would be funny to see their reaction. I don't think yelling Fuck You in that restaurant would  have been a very smart thing to do. That would have invited an escalation of potential violence. Some people just look for an excuse to let off steam, just like idiots who start riots at concerts. Anyway it's over, but the new doctors are still annoying.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 04:14:45 PM by Annie » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 11:09:58 AM »

cheer up annie there was nothing you could do for him. how would you apologise to him?
Anyone should look after their own belongings whether at their work, home or kfc.
why anyone should mind when you collected your own purse and not theirs?

It's not black or white some people are just easy to get offended. Maybe he had a bad day as well.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:11:39 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Annie
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 02:18:50 PM »

cheer up annie there was nothing you could do for him. how would you apologise to him?
Anyone should look after their own belongings whether at their work, home or kfc.
why anyone should mind when you collected your own purse and not theirs?

It's not black or white some people are just easy to get offended. Maybe he had a bad day as well.

Very true.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »

Could've been worse.

U could've offered to buy him some fried chicken afterwards

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »

He could've. As he had more money than annie.
Annie
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »

Could've been worse.

Now that would have really set him off.  hihi No grilled chicken was worth all this drama.  I want to go back into my own little world with HELLO kITTY AND kERMIT THE FROG, reading the TWilight Saga and listening to CHINESE DEMOCRACY.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:52:20 PM by Annie » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »

Don't they have drive-thru's in that God-forsaken part of the country?
Annie
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 03:44:45 PM »

Don't they have drive-thru's in that God-forsaken part of the country?
That was my original intention, but I got confused and entered where you were supposed to exit and I just decided to go inside the restaurant.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 03:58:31 PM »

Could've been worse.

Now that would have really set him off.  hihi No grilled chicken was worth all this drama.  I want to go back into my own little world with HELLO kITTY AND kERMIT THE FROG, reading the TWilight Saga and listening to CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

Are u sure u didn't listen to "One In A Million" on your way home?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Annie
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »

Could've been worse.

Are u sure u didn't listen to "One In A Million" on your way home?
good one! ok
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 06:19:21 PM »

I had a really bad day at work, and I was totally spaced out. I was driving home and I decided to get some KFC grilled chicken. It was alot more crowded then I expected, and I was really hungry. I had my purse on the counter, and I realized I better pick it up so I didn't forget it. The next thing I know this angry young African American man says  to me, "you thought I was going to steal your purse, I've got more money than you have in your purse."  I felt so bad and I tried to apologize, but everybody looked at me like I was the antichrist. Then the young man stormed out. It was surreal, i would have picked my purse off the counter at Neiman Marcus, it was stupid of me to have it there in the first place, I was just so spacey.Needless to say, I don't think I am going to dine there again. Oh well.  Now if you were at a fast food place, and a woman picked her purse off the counter would you be offended if she were a different race from you, or would you be offended regardless of race, or would you be like me and be totally oblivious?
Thats crazy my friends once when they was eating at the mall by us had a experence like that in the food court someone flicked some food at some overe weight black women and she came over to my friends table and was ranting them thinking they flung it at her and they tryed to tell her it wasnt them but she was to occupied with her ranting so she wasnt listening and everyone was just looking at them the whole time I wish I was there to just laugh and try to get rid of her she was crazy!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Annie
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 10:57:22 PM »

It was an unfortunate misunderstanding. I will always keep my purse by my side and learn to not take things so personally. One of my African American coworkers said he only did that because I was white, that he wouldn't have reacted that way if she did it. KFC is bad for you anyway, so I just won't eat it.You never know how people are going to take things.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 11:09:47 PM by Annie » Logged
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 10:58:12 AM »

It was an unfortunate misunderstanding. I will always keep my purse by my side and learn to not take things so personally. One of my African American coworkers said he only did that because I was white, that he wouldn't have reacted that way if she did it. KFC is bad for you anyway, so I just won't eat it.You never know how people are going to take things.
Yeah but it still wasnt right of him to make you look like a racist in there!!!

Annie
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 11:56:16 AM »

The sad thing is that he got himself all worked up for nothing. I was actually thinking he was kind of cute, not my type, but still attractive. Besides, this expereince gave me a good excuse to get some more TOKIDOKI stuff to cheer myself up. hihi
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 03:08:37 PM »

The sad thing is that he got himself all worked up for nothing. I was actually thinking he was kind of cute, not my type, but still attractive. Besides, this expereince gave me a good excuse to get some more TOKIDOKI stuff to cheer myself up. hihi
Nice any excuse to shop rofl

Annie
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 08:16:31 PM »

Nice any excuse to shop rofl
I said it was an addiction. Wink
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2009, 05:04:36 PM »

lol. I would've just thrown my make-up at that guy, if I had a purse and I was a womanl.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Annie
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 01:38:04 PM »

lol. I would've just thrown my make-up at that guy, if I had a purse and I was a womanl.
My makeup is too expensive to throw away. I wouldn't waste my Mac Hello Kitty lipgloss like that! hihi
Annie
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2009, 06:16:34 PM »

I had a much more positive experience yesterday. My Mom and I were at a Home Depot and a very nice young African American man wanted us to buy something silly at checkout and I said, OK, only because you are so cute, He said thanks for the compliment!  I spent .77 to make somebody happy. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with a HOME Depot canvas tool apron, but it was funny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: