Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:12:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Strange experience
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strange experience  (Read 8119 times)
Annie
« on: July 09, 2009, 10:44:02 PM »

I had a really bad day at work, and I was totally spaced out. I was driving home and I decided to get some KFC grilled chicken. It was alot more crowded then I expected, and I was really hungry. I had my purse on the counter, and I realized I better pick it up so I didn't forget it. The next thing I know this angry young African American man says  to me, "you thought I was going to steal your purse, I've got more money than you have in your purse."  I felt so bad and I tried to apologize, but everybody looked at me like I was the antichrist. Then the young man stormed out. It was surreal, i would have picked my purse off the counter at Neiman Marcus, it was stupid of me to have it there in the first place, I was just so spacey.Needless to say, I don't think I am going to dine there again. Oh well.  Now if you were at a fast food place, and a woman picked her purse off the counter would you be offended if she were a different race from you, or would you be offended regardless of race, or would you be like me and be totally oblivious?
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 10:52:21 PM »

I think he was just trying to pull the race card. There's no way anyone could be dumb enough to honestly mistake your action for racism, and the fact that he said it loud enough to get people's attention makes it obvious that he was trying to cause a scene.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 10:54:35 PM »

Yeah, this was all on him. You did nothing offensive.

Axl is God.
Annie
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:56:57 PM »

Thankyou, your words mean alot. I was the only white person in the restaurant, and everybody looked at me like I was totally evil. I was just so preoccupied with the stupid actions of some doctors at work that I really wasn't thinking much about anything but my hunger.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:00:22 PM by Annie » Logged
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:10:04 PM »

That is strange. I wouldn't take it personally. He may have issues from past experiences that makes him suspicious of everyone.

You didn't do anything wrong. Some people let every small thing enrage them. It has to be exhausting.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 11:25:27 PM »

You should have backhanded that foo.
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 12:33:21 AM »

You shouldn't feel bad.  Sometimes people just read way too much into things, and sometimes they try the whole, "it's because I'm black" thing.  I used to get that a lot from students until they all met my black brother-in-law who I love dearly!!!  Then they're the ones left feeling goofy!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 08:45:07 AM »

Maybe he would have stole your purse if he had a chance?

"welcome to the jungle!"

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 09:34:37 AM »

No worries Annie.  I have been in numerous situations where that card has been dealt.  I have put my purse on the counter many times and been concerned.  Leaving my purse anywhere except on my own person gets me upset considering half of my life is in it, the most important half I may add.

To bad for this man sounds like he left hungry.  Oh darn Roll Eyes

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Annie
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »

No worries Annie.  I have been in numerous situations where that card has been dealt.  I have put my purse on the counter many times and been concerned.  Leaving my purse anywhere except on my own person gets me upset considering half of my life is in it, the most important half I may add.

Thankyou, ever since my purse was stolen from my house, I do get a little paranoid. I was more upset by everybody else's coldness to me then him. I think they didn't want me in there. Who knows, i'll never go back there again. The grilled chicken was good though BTW.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:35:46 AM by Annie » Logged
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 11:09:37 AM »

Thankyou, ever since my purse was stolen from my house, I do get a little paranoid. I was more upset by everybody else's coldness to me then him. I think they didn't want me in there. Who knows, i'll never go back there again. The grilled chicken was good though BTW.
Understandable, that is a almost scary, don't blame you for not wanting to return, completely uncomfortable in every aspect.  Still shame on that man, would he have done the same as you if it were his wallet?  I bet so.  I agree the grilled chicken is yummy, had it night before last  yes.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Annie
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 12:39:40 PM »

It was stupid of me to be so careless in the first place. I just wish that he would have accepted my apology. But he probably wasn't playing with a full deck to get so upset. Things could have gotten much worse. Stupid little things can set people off. I wonder what they would do in that KFC if I came in wearing a Bucket on my head. There used to be a KFC closer to my house where they graciously gave me a bucket to wear to a Buckethead concert.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 02:09:20 PM »

Pretty racist if u ask me

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Annie
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 02:24:16 PM »

Me or him? I had no intentional malice in my actions, I had been absentmined when I had it sitting open on the counter and I realized I should pick it up. If I were racist, I would have left the KFC as soon as I walked in. What's strange is that as soon as I picked it up, i had a very bad feeling that I had offended him, and then he started yelling at me. I didn't find him intimidating at all, I had actually thought he was kind of cute. I guess I'm lucky people didn't physically attack me after that.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:33:52 PM by Annie » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 02:34:07 PM »

Me or him?

I think he's kidding. Stay away from that KFC Annie!

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Annie
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 02:39:20 PM »

Me or him?

I think he's kidding. Stay away from that KFC Annie!
OK. Last year when I was in Paris, the zipper on my purse broke and people told me to be careful, especially on the Metro, that having the open purse just invited thieves. So I used that as a good excuse to buy a Hello Kitty purse at Victoria Couture. I should have just gone home and cooked a frozen dinner. Oh well, what's done is done.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 02:40:18 PM »

HAHA just kidding Annie

U can't trust people anywhere.

Now if u like quickly snatched your purse in frantic like action, then yeah that is kinda profiling.

Black guy storming out of KFC, there is a joke in there somewhere hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 09:24:49 PM »

Dammit Annie, how many times do I have to tell you NEVER take off your Obama t-shirt!  You never would have had this problem.   hihi

Seriously, the guy was being a jack-ass. 

btw, next time you're in Paris, leave your purse open, and stuff some mousetraps in that bad boy!  Laugh like a motherfucker when some a-hole tries to go in for a grab.   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 10:49:57 PM »

This kind of thing sucks. I'm not racist, I actually think racist people should die, but this things are becoming more common everyday. Society and the whole 'politically correct bullshit' makes it like this. Now we have to watch every single word/action we do. Even my black friends say that to me, they've seen black people that use their colour as an excuse to get make a scene.

Annie, it wasn't your fault at all, you know that and still you think about it. I know exactly how's that, and it sucks.

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
Annie
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 11:10:38 PM »

I am too EMO! hihi I did some online shopping and i feel a little bit better now.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: