Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:41:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  i heart guitar: INTERVIEW: Bumblefoot
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: i heart guitar: INTERVIEW: Bumblefoot  (Read 5223 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: August 28, 2009, 04:02:33 PM »

http://www.iheartguitarblog.com/2009/08/interview-bumblefoot.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:24:36 PM »

oh, sorry, I used a fragment of this interview in a post I made in the Best Buy CD vs. Japanese SHM CD

Another fabulous interview by Mr. Bumblefoot. Now he mentions the economycal factor:

it?s just that when it comes to battling the economy? there are so many variables that could make it not work

This interview made me feel the band is REALLY hoping to tour, but they're just waiting for the proper moment to do it.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:25:12 PM »

Cheers  Ronald

love BBFT Is GNR, thanks By Information

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 04:47:22 AM »

Great stuff!   ok

Allways interesting reading his interviews. I never met or talked to Bumble, but he just seems like a really nice, cool and down to earth kinda guy!

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 03:59:22 PM »

Great stuff!   ok

Allways interesting reading his interviews. I never met or talked to Bumble, but he just seems like a really nice, cool and down to earth kinda guy!
Yeah he is and I wish to meet him someday because of his playing and just the way he acts  beer

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 07:25:17 PM »

Let?s talk about Chinese Democracy. Production-wise I think that was one of the best-sounding albums to come out last year.

Mastering was such a big issue and they were so meticulous about everything about it to make sure it stayed clear and the vision was realised. Mastering was a big part of making that happen. I think it was the first album of hopefully a lot more to follow that decided that quality was more important than the volume war ? it would rather be not as loud and in-your-face, but something that keeps its dynamics and bandwidth. It?s such a full recording. There?s so much going on in it, so much information to be processed as you listen, that it needs to be clear and pulled back so you can really get it without it being just this giant square wave. So I?m hoping that with other albums that follow, people will start realising, ?Hey, we can just turn up our stereo, turn up our iPod??

I wish more people would understand this.
It's quiet deliberately.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 09:00:22 PM »

Classy as always...I know everybody has their favorite, but every time he plays, and every time he opens his mouth, I can't help but think what an excellent addition Ron is to GnR.   ok 

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 11:32:49 PM »

He's right about the economy. It was a lot different in 2006, hopefully they get going. $65 for a show at Hammerstein is always a deal in any economy

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 11:36:16 PM »

He's right about the economy. It was a lot different in 2006, hopefully they get going. $65 for a show at Hammerstein is always a deal in any economy
Perhaps a lot of things were different back then

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 12:11:49 AM »

Let?s talk about Chinese Democracy. Production-wise I think that was one of the best-sounding albums to come out last year.

Mastering was such a big issue and they were so meticulous about everything about it to make sure it stayed clear and the vision was realised. Mastering was a big part of making that happen. I think it was the first album of hopefully a lot more to follow that decided that quality was more important than the volume war ? it would rather be not as loud and in-your-face, but something that keeps its dynamics and bandwidth. It?s such a full recording. There?s so much going on in it, so much information to be processed as you listen, that it needs to be clear and pulled back so you can really get it without it being just this giant square wave. So I?m hoping that with other albums that follow, people will start realising, ?Hey, we can just turn up our stereo, turn up our iPod??

I wish more people would understand this.
It's quiet deliberately.

Maybe it would be easier to do if Pittman calmed it down a little bit.  Its hard to clearly mix in bubble sounds......  Sometimes less is more.  It was hard to master because you had soooo much stuff going on, half of which probably wouldn't have been missed..  I do agree a lot of new albums just have everything maxed out and this is not one of them.  But is it really mixed any better than say UYI?  Or even Appetite? 
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 12:30:52 AM »

i think this album is better mixed than uyi and afd
my only complain is the low bass.. but i think they tried to compensate it with the sub bass

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 12:32:42 AM »

my only complain is the low bass.. but i think they tried to compensate it with the sub bass
Thats most likely what they did because I hear it to but I still think its almost a perfect album

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 12:44:14 PM »

Who were you rehearsing with today?

I have a new band that I?m starting up. I don?t want to say anything about it until the line-up is exact. We?re just waiting to see who our bass player is definitely going to be, but it?s going to be heavier than a lot of the other stuff I?ve done. It?s gonna be interesting. A lot of fretless guitar. I?m really looking forward to recording and touring and getting it out there really quick.

I wonder if this article has to do with Ron's new band...

Guns N? Roses in Dimapur?

Sept. 1 2009

I?ve checked my media sources in Delhi and Bangalore, and just a few hours ago, Oregon new south and Los Angeles. The group?s tour managers made no mention of an India date either, leave alone Dimapur but the scent is still strong.   

But, wait, repeat, but wait, there are persuasive info that it?s actually a US supergroup with members drawn from Alice Cooper, Guns N? Roses and White Lion for a Dimapur show. Phew.  The trail has led to a Dimapur-based events management group which is rigging up the this-and-thats for the rockers. Yes, plans are on and lots of super top-secret 10 PM meetings are on. Watch this space, man, watch this space.

http://www.morungexpress.com/frontpage/32261.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 01:53:59 PM »

I have a new band that I?m starting up. I don?t want to say anything about it until the line-up is exact. We?re just waiting to see who our bass player is definitely going to be, but it?s going to be heavier than a lot of the other stuff I?ve done. It?s gonna be interesting. A lot of fretless guitar. I?m really looking forward to recording and touring and getting it out there really quick.

Sept. 1 2009

I?ve checked my media sources in Delhi and Bangalore, and just a few hours ago, Oregon new south and Los Angeles. The group?s tour managers made no mention of an India date either, leave alone Dimapur but the scent is still strong.   

But, wait, repeat, but wait, there are persuasive info that it?s actually a US supergroup with members drawn from Alice Cooper, Guns N? Roses and White Lion for a Dimapur show. Phew.  The trail has led to a Dimapur-based events management group which is rigging up the this-and-thats for the rockers. Yes, plans are on and lots of super top-secret 10 PM meetings are on. Watch this space, man, watch this space.

BBFT & New Band In Dimapur.

Thankz  FM

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 04:42:02 PM »

Sept. 1 2009

Yeah I have seen that article like 7 times on this site I wonder if its true though???

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 10:58:01 AM »

From Ron, posted on his message board...

Regarding the end of the interview about GNR touring, it came off in the printed transcription to sound like I was citing the economy like some lame excuse...

<< it?s just that when it comes to battling the economy? there are so many variables that could make it not work. >>

I wasn't saying the sole reason GNR hadn't toured was due to the economy, or the economy only - folks gotta read the whole sentence, up to where it ends with a period. You know, the period. As in 'I'm complaining about Ron's interview because I have my period.'

There are "many variables that could make it not work". In other words, as I've been telling everyone for years, I don't give any specific info about GNR's business in my own personal interviews. Don't ask Azoff about my guitar parts, don't ask me about GNR's business.

bushkarocks!!
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 11:11:09 AM »

lol

i didnt was in my period . and to me it looked like he was blaming the economy for the NO-tour
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 11:49:08 AM »

BBFT & New Band In Dimapur.

Thankz  FM

ok

Apparently Hookers N' Blow have a drummer from White Lion, so I guess this could be about Dizzy's band. Undecided

The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 03:53:52 AM »

Bumblefoot about a minority of  fans being a pain in the ass when he's being honnest with them :

I do a dozen interviews or so a month, rarely do I think something could use clarification. But yeah, I must be "under contract" and forced to comment on something I felt was being turned away from the truth. Maybe in the cartoon world of some wuss on mommy's computer, but not in real life. A man's as good as his word - I don't bullshit anyone, no one can or does tell me what to say, I'm responsible and accountable for every word that comes from me. It's called integrity, being a man, nothing to do with music or bands or any of that, that's all secondary stuff and not what makes you who you are. But ya can't expect some whiny loser to understand any of that, it's 'big boy stuff'.

Grin
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 09:19:20 AM »

Ha, good words Bumble! Smiley

Here's why I think Sorry talks about those "whiny losers" and not Slash. ok

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: