Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:32:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How are tickets selling so far for the tour....?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How are tickets selling so far for the tour....?  (Read 16061 times)
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 07:45:26 AM »

Wow, I was just asking for curiosity sake.  I just want them to tour the US, even if the shows close to me don't sell out.  ( ie: Philly, Baltimore).  I figured they were probably going to sell very well outside of the US.  So from now on I'll keep my curiousity  to myself.  I don't claim to be an "insider" just love Gn'R and want to see Axl and company out there. It is not an obsession just was wandering if anyone knew is all. Oh and as far as where Gn'R plays who cares, would love for them to play the Carpenter Center at the U. of Delaware. (Elton John has!) But anyway.....

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 07:53:25 AM »

All right.

So I guess you can relate to what I said. Imagine if they did play at your university and people were saying shit like "they should've just played one show in DC"...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 09:03:33 AM »

All right.

So I guess you can relate to what I said. Imagine if they did play at your university and people were saying shit like "they should've just played one show in DC"...

/jarmo

Correct.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 10:17:21 AM »

that korean news is great news and it deserves attention. setting records in ticket sales is commendable.

Since Jarmo was the one who originally posted the "Korean news" in the other thread...I think he gets that part. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 12:23:41 PM »

I'm not sure if this should be posted on this thread or not, but be careful when buying tickets. A co-worker bought two tickets for the World Series at Yankee  Stadium. He spent $600 and it turned out to be fakes.
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 12:46:28 PM »

Jarmo, it is all cool man, no worries.......

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 01:12:25 PM »

I'm not sure if this should be posted on this thread or not, but be careful when buying tickets. A co-worker bought two tickets for the World Series at Yankee  Stadium. He spent $600 and it turned out to be fakes.

You're right. It's got nothing to do with GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 04:34:56 PM »

buy your tickets from legit sellers.  yes

How are tickets selling so far for the tour....?

well they seem.  yes
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 10:41:29 AM »

you can still get tickets beside the stage in the lower level in saskatoon. for one promotion for this show has been zero WTF bullshit. Two ticket prices are a little expensive for the average fan. Three who is guns n roses the average person still has no idea who is in the band, this band is fucking kick ass, for this tour world tour to be successfull we need promo in the form of radio internet new video NOW.

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »

you can still get tickets beside the stage in the lower level in saskatoon. for one promotion for this show has been zero WTF bullshit. Two ticket prices are a little expensive for the average fan. Three who is guns n roses the average person still has no idea who is in the band, this band is fucking kick ass, for this tour world tour to be successfull we need promo in the form of radio internet new video NOW.

For this tour to be success in my eyes, I need to see it and I've got my ticket!
 beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 11:22:56 AM »

There's many things to consider when staring blindly at ticket sales.

A lot of people want to go but they need to figure out how. I'm not talking about how to get to the venue or who'll babysit the kids.

We're still not over the recession. That does affect things like ticket sales, no matter if you want to admit it or not.

That in addition to the above mentioned facts should be taken into consideration....

/jarmo

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 12:02:19 PM »

A lot of people want to go but they need to figure out how. I'm not talking about how to get to the venue or who'll babysit the kids.

We're still not over the recession. That does affect things like ticket sales, no matter if you want to admit it or not.

That in addition to the above mentioned facts should be taken into consideration....

/jarmo

Yeah really.

I'm not kidding when I say alllllllll the stars had to align for me to be able to swing this London trip. That was the only thing holding me back and I'm so happy I was able to make the purchase.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 02:04:35 PM »

I can't believe an innocent question turned into a thread about people wanting GNR to fail for their own "personal agendas". Who are these mysterious "naysayers"? And what exactly are their "agendas"? Paranoid much? Seriously guys, lay off the reefer  ok I think everyone here is happy to hear that GNR is touring again whether they can make it to a show or not.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 02:12:06 PM »

I can't believe an innocent question turned into a thread about people wanting GNR to fail for their own "personal agendas". Who are these mysterious "naysayers"? And what exactly are their "agendas"? Paranoid much? Seriously guys, lay off the reefer  ok I think everyone here is happy to hear that GNR is touring again whether they can make it to a show or not.

The naysayers aren't so "mysterious" to me. They're all over the place. I'm not saying the Original Poster had ulterior motives for his question, but to act like a lot of people on these forums aren't negative is unrealistic. 

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 02:13:43 PM »

The naysayers aren't so "mysterious" to me. They're all over the place. I'm not saying the Original Poster had ulterior motives for his question, but to act like a lot of people on these forums aren't negative is unrealistic. 

I will admit the mygnr forum is terrible for that. But that's why we're here and not there. Let them have their own little party and we won't worry about them.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 02:33:58 PM »

Right, but you've been around a while. You know how it works here. I totally get what you're saying but I understand why the management here has to take the attitude they do.

They've made it clear how and what they want posted but people continue to post all sorts of negative stuff or still try to spin whatever they can into something negative. I mean... look at the  Donnington thread. You've got a person who asked if GNR might play Donnington this year and some how you have a people posting negative "reviews" and thoughts based on watching clips on You Tube from the last show they weren't even at last time.

All of that is just my guess on why some members (not the least of which, site management) gets defensive on some subjects.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 03:45:43 PM »

youd think that'd be only @gnr forums but in reality it's not.

there're strange people who see the need to belittle anything possible in order to feel their miserable selves relatively better.
(i don't mean people here.)

online, i even saw some posts claiming fully packed shows as i saw to have been empty just because they weren't officially "sold out".

charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2009, 08:17:10 PM »

Great bands are recession proof. U2 is selling out 40-90,000 seat arenas with ease. GnR is a great band with a storied past that will have to work to become reputable with fans again. A consistent line-up of supporting cast members, as well as a promotion drive are keys to the future success. Something as little as lending a song to 'The Hills' or presenting an award at the Grammy's would do more for the image of Guns than any tour at this point. The US can't and shouldn't be ignored any longer.

I would say the tickets are selling exactly as expected under the circumstances; not bad.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »

only reason i am curious is cause im of mind that a us  tour could rely heavily on how well canada  does

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BFD
Headliner

Do you know where you are???

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2009, 10:14:02 PM »

That is true.  That's why I'm only going to one show instead of the five within driving distance.  And that's why one of the people I bought tickets for backed out at $100 a pop, she'd rather buy Christmas presents for her daughter than go to a rock show until 2:30am on a work night.

"And I'll leave you lying on the bed.  With your ass in the air."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: