Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 12:49:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I'm the biggest a-hole in the world!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm the biggest a-hole in the world!  (Read 14664 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 01:36:17 PM »

pilferk is right. It will affect her, but she'll never admit it.

I think all women affected by this 'syndrome' behave the same way. I have a story: I have two friends who were together for about 3 years and then split up over some argument like this. Both of them were my classmates in college, so I know both of them well. That girl behaves exactly the same way. Even while they were dating, she has cut off friends of hers for various reasons. After they split, not only did she cut him off, she went out of her way to pretend that the split didn't make any difference to her. She would hang out with common friends and make sure that he heard she was having a good time.  Now I don't know why they do this, but there you go.

Needless to say, the poor bloke is still madly in love with her and hopes she'll come back to him. He won't listen to reason. Although he does ask me occasionally: "Why is she doing this to me?"
Women. Go figure.

Fuck 'Em All.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 02:03:40 PM »

I haven't moved on to the 'getting back at her fase' yet but I'm feeling I'm beginning to.
I was just at the local grocery store and guess who walked in, she pretended not to see me even though I know she did. She had her kid sister with her so ofcourse I wasn't about to make a scene in a crowded store like that and decided to look the other way as well. It's ridiculous she's acting like a 10 year old.

pilferk is right. It will affect her, but she'll never admit it.

I think all women affected by this 'syndrome' behave the same way. I have a story: I have two friends who were together for about 3 years and then split up over some argument like this. Both of them were my classmates in college, so I know both of them well. That girl behaves exactly the same way. Even while they were dating, she has cut off friends of hers for various reasons. After they split, not only did she cut him off, she went out of her way to pretend that the split didn't make any difference to her. She would hang out with common friends and make sure that he heard she was having a good time.  Now I don't know why they do this, but there you go.

Needless to say, the poor bloke is still madly in love with her and hopes she'll come back to him. He won't listen to reason. Although he does ask me occasionally: "Why is she doing this to me?"
Women. Go figure.

Yeah that sounds scarily similair I really don't wanna end up like that.
That's why I've decided to make one last ditch attempt at talking to her tomorrow night, don't know how I'm gonna do it yet but I'll figure something out. If that doesn't work I'm done, I refuse to be strung along like that.

I admit I fucked up big time and I'm gonna have to live with the consequences for the rest of my life probably because I really thought she was the one. But I'm not going to play the game she's trying to play right now 'cause I'm pretty sure it'll kill me.

* Edit: I'm pretty sure I won't feel this way tomorrow, I'm just enjoying a moment of bravery.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:05:38 PM by Grouse » Logged
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 02:38:53 PM »

Hard as it may be, if she really is the way we fear, then you're better off having found out about it now, rather than when it would be too late.
However, you did say some pretty serious things, so give it some more time. It might be she's just still verryyyy pissed off at you. In the mean time, get on with your life and worry about something else.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 06:24:07 PM »

Bro tell me u didn't fall for that bullshit?

Dude, of course her friend isn't gonna tell u she is upset etc

if someone loves u for 7 years, i guaran fucking tee they aren't normally going on with their lives. They are playing u dude to make u feel worse.

Revere the situation

say your GF asked one of your friends how u were doing?

If your friend told them the truth, she'd have the upperhand so of course they are going to tell u bullshit to make u suffer.

It boils down to this IMO

What u did was pretty fucked up but if she can't forgive u, especially after a 7 year relationship, consider your ass lucky u didn't marry her, cause no one can walk away from   a 7 year relationship that easy.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2009, 01:56:24 AM »

if someone loves u for 7 years, i guaran fucking tee they aren't normally going on with their lives. They are playing u dude to make u feel worse.

Revere the situation

If your friend told them the truth, she'd have the upperhand so of course they are going to tell u bullshit to make u suffer.

What u did was pretty fucked up but if she can't forgive u, especially after a 7 year relationship, consider your ass lucky u didn't marry her, cause no one can walk away from   a 7 year relationship that easy.

Exaclty.  if she continues with that attitude then its better for you to let her go.

and yes if she is the kind of person that wants to act like she is cool and everything with out you, of course she wont let herself being seen in pain in front of her friend that its also your friend because she knows that that girl could tell you whats going on.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2009, 03:25:44 AM »

Revere the situation

What u did was pretty fucked up but if she can't forgive u, especially after a 7 year relationship, consider your ass lucky u didn't marry her, cause no one can walk away from   a 7 year relationship that easy.

Atleast my ex's friends told me she wasn't doing that good, in more than one occasion.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2009, 02:55:05 PM »

I've been following your situation since you posted, and tried to put myself in your shoes (My 7th anniversary was Nov 30th)... I had no clue what I would...

I personally think there is something going on.... Maybe she was looking to end the relationship, and this was her perfect out? I really have no clue how realistic this would be, since I dont know either of you personally...

If I'm way off on that, I think D is on to something here... If you last ditch effort doesn't work, leave it alone completely, FOREVER!!!

If she is looking to have the "upperhand" in this whole thing, this would totally put things in your favor....

If not then, well.......

That's why I've decided to make one last ditch attempt at talking to her tomorrow night, don't know how I'm gonna do it yet but I'll figure something out. If that doesn't work I'm done, I refuse to be strung along like that.

Revere the situation

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2009, 12:08:39 AM »

Revere the situation

What u did was pretty fucked up but if she can't forgive u, especially after a 7 year relationship, consider your ass lucky u didn't marry her, cause no one can walk away from   a 7 year relationship that easy.

Atleast my ex's friends told me she wasn't doing that good, in more than one occasion.
yeah but u dumped her

so they are telling u stuff so maybe u will have pity and talk to her or maybe take her back.

its all mind games.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2009, 12:09:46 AM »

Ive been with my girl for 5 years and really if she killed my mother, i'd still visit her in prison

if someone loves u, they will forgive u for almost anything except maybe sticking your penis in someone else.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2009, 01:34:29 AM »

Ive been with my girl for 5 years and really if she killed my mother, i'd still visit her in prison

I hope that's not a hint. nervous

if someone loves u, they will forgive u for almost anything except maybe sticking your penis in someone else.

Some couples do get over affairs, so maybe as they say, for some, love does conquer all.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2009, 02:59:39 PM »

HAHA no but u get the idea

when u have been with someone that long and truly love them.. it takes a shit load to stop loving someone.

of course if your relationship has been shitty for a long time, maybe that was the out she was looking for.

Annie
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2009, 06:36:02 PM »

Grouse your girlfriend is not doing OK. Somebody said something really hateful to me not so long ago, and it took me a month to recover. Saying hurtful things can hurt much more than a fist. When someone you loved and trusted wounds you emotionally, a person can have a very strong reaction. Give her some time, it may take her a few months but I think she will appreciate your apology. When I was in Australia I was almost attacked by a crocodile. My friend was not supportive, and it essentially ended our friendship. We had a screaming match in the Sydney airport. It was not one of my finer moments, but she didn't listen to me when I said that I needed to be alone.  What is that corny line, If you love something set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours, if it doesn't it wasn't meant to be. Send  her your letter, then let it rest. I hope things work out for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 07:09:01 PM »

I've noticed that you have an anger problem.
Annie
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2009, 07:21:06 PM »

I've noticed that you have an anger problem.
You can't be a true Axlite without having a little bit of a dark side! hihi
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2009, 05:25:06 PM »

Well, the last ditch attempt sort of worked at least we got talking again for a few days. We actually had a great weekend even though things felt a bit awkward nevertheless I still really thought we had a chance. I was wrong.
We talked for 4 hours straight tonight and we decided that it was best to go our seperate ways.
I'm absolutely gutted ofcourse don't think I'll ever recover.

Anyway just thought I'd let you guys know, now I'm gonna take some sleeping pills to knock me the fuck out because I just wanna stop thinking for a few hours.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2009, 10:52:57 PM »

Sorry man. Maybe it's for the best.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:56:34 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2009, 11:00:40 PM »

I hope you don't OD.

You'll be alright.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2009, 06:10:35 AM »

Good, you're atleast in speaking terms now.

Think the possibilites, now you can sleep with other chicks and have that "for old times sake" with her  ok

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2009, 06:33:21 AM »

Sorry man. Maybe it's for the best.

Nah man, I don't believe in stuff like that. Best for her? probably. Best for me? hell no.

I hope you don't OD.

You'll be alright.

I'll never do anything like that but I have to say sleeping pills are a dangerous thing to have laying around the house.
I didn't eat enough before taking them last night and I've been walking around like a zombie all day today. The damn things still haven't worn off.

Good, you're atleast in speaking terms now.

Think the possibilites, now you can sleep with other chicks and have that "for old times sake" with her  ok

Bit too early to think about things like that mate. Totally not interested in other women and the thought of her being with another guy is just absolutely gut wrenching.
However I'm still going to try to get her to go with me on a little weekend away we had planned in february, just as good friends nothing more, nothing less (well atleast that's what's she supposed to think ). But on the other hand I don't want to end up like the guy smoking guns talked about on the first page. don't want to have hope for something that can never be.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:38:21 AM by Grouse » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2009, 07:57:55 AM »

At the VERY least, you should now have closure.  It might not feel like it right now, but that will help in the long run.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: