Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 03:13:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227986 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tiger Woods
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tiger Woods  (Read 23703 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »

Although I agree that what he does in private is his business, it has a far more serious impact. He could lose the endorsement deals that makes him the richest athlete in the world. It will be interesting to see who dumps him first.

But, again...why should I care?  It's not my money, it's his.  Sure, there MIGHT be consequences TO HIM...but then, I can't think of many of his endorsement deals that are for "family friendly" products.  The guy's not a spokesman for Disney.....

I'd be surprised if he loses much, actually.  This isn't like Kobe, where he was accused of rape or some other illegal act. The only "crime" he committed amounts to a speeding ticket.  In terms of the "story", he simply got caught with his pants down.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 12:56:53 PM »

he won't lose much in endorsements. Nike loves him - they've made a fortune off of him. although i'm guessing they'll stop showing those ads with kids saying "i am tiger woods."  hihi

his actual loss is the millions he may be giving his wife. his pre-nup was SOLID, and i think i heard he's making it far more favorable for her, in addition to instant payment of millions. which is kinda funny in so many ways.

these mega stars should go the Gene Simmons route. he's got it all figured out.

the Ryder Cup is like the Woods' mansion...it's where Tiger goes to get beat up by Europeans. heyooooooooo!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 03:04:34 PM »

i still think this was all bullshit

I think his wife hit him in the head with a golf club which made him semi Concussed

then he was running to his car to get away from her and she broke out the back while he was trying to pull out...then in his semi concussed state, he wrecked...

the fuck is that skinny chick gonna drag a 200lbs guy out of the back of an escalade?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 06:04:24 PM »

Apparently, Tiger told a friend, ?I have to run to Zales to get a 'Kobe Special.?

Hahahaha!  rofl

Hopefully, Elin will still tell that loser piece of shit to fuck off!  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 08:22:46 PM »

Apparently, Tiger told a friend, ?I have to run to Zales to get a 'Kobe Special.?

Hahahaha!  rofl

Hopefully, Elin will still tell that loser piece of shit to fuck off!  ok

Nice Drew.  "Loser piece of shit."  Half the population should be considered "loser pieces of shit" I guess.  Fair enough.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 06:42:41 AM »

Nice Drew.  "Loser piece of shit."  Half the population should be considered "loser pieces of shit" I guess.  Fair enough.

This thread is not about half the population, but about one certain piece of shit! Did you not notice the title heading, Axl4Prez2004?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2009, 07:20:03 AM »

The tally list is now up to 9 girls!  rofl

At Least 9 Women Linked to Tiger Woods in Alleged Affairs

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/tiger-woods-women-linked-alleged-affairs/story?id=9270076

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 09:52:28 AM »

I guess I was right:

Gatorade drops Tiger Woods sponsorship.

Fuck 'Em All.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 10:08:34 AM »

Read the whole article.

They're not dropping his sponsorship deal, or his endorsement deal.  They're eliminating ONE drink (Focus) which, FYI, they advised retailers was going to be pulled about 90 days ago.  I think it's probably hard to draw a parallel, given the time line.  And given the below average sales of the product, I'm not surprised (again, they quote the sales data in the article).  They have a new line of "stuff" launching around superbowl time.

The rest is sort of speculation.  The fact the last prime time commercial aired a little over a week ago and a half ago is slightly misleading.  I've NEVER seen Tiger all that much during prime time, unless a major sporting event was on.  I seem to remember a Tiger commercial this past weekend while watching the Giants/Cowboys game, though.....

I'm not saying you're wrong.  Not yet, anyway.  But I don't think this is really evidence you're right, either.

Together again,
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 10:11:24 AM »

To me it sounds too coincidental. I think they're saying "We were going to drop it anyway" just to save face.

Fuck 'Em All.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »

To me it sounds too coincidental. I think they're saying "We were going to drop it anyway" just to save face.

Then how do you explain them alerting big box retailers about 90 days ago that they'd no longer be able to order the product after mid-December?

This particular article is SPINNING it so you think exactly what you do.  With a wink wink nudge nudge.  But they're not telling you the WHOLE truth.

Together again,
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 10:17:16 AM »

Then how do you explain them alerting big box retailers about 90 days ago that they'd no longer be able to order the product after mid-December?

Ah, I didn't know that. You're right then.

Fuck 'Em All.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 10:20:58 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34333483/ns/business-sports_biz/

Slightly better accounting.

I coulda SWORE I saw the Tiger Gilette ad during the Giants/Cowboys game, though.

The decision to drop the drink, called Tiger Focus, was first reported by trade publication Beverage Digest in an issue dated Nov. 25, two days before the incident at Woods' home in Florida. The publication's editor, John Sicher, said he learned of the decision the week of Nov. 9.

One thing...I said it was 90 days ago that the big box retailers were told they couldn't order any more.  That's wrong.  It was about 60 days ago.  Mid-October.

The other thing, though...none of that costs Tiger any money, FYI.  He's still getting his endorsement money...til someone officially drops him.

Couple good articles on this subject:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34223570/ns/business-sports_biz/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34242191/ns/business-sports_biz/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:23:59 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 09:58:55 AM »

Interesting that this story still has such legs.  So many major athletes have had marital indiscretions (Shaquille O'Neal, Michael Jordan, Lance Armstrong, etc.) without even close to this level of attention.  Other than maybe Barack Obama, I don't know who would generate bigger headlines from acts of adultery.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 10:04:38 AM »

Interesting that this story still has such legs.  So many major athletes have had marital indiscretions (Shaquille O'Neal, Michael Jordan, Lance Armstrong, etc.) without even close to this level of attention.  Other than maybe Barack Obama, I don't know who would generate bigger headlines from acts of adultery.

You've got a few things at work here:

1) The sheer NUMBER of apparent "transgressions", and the women coming forward, and the steady stream of info.

2) Tiger's (up til now) pretty squeaky clean public reputation (though he's notorious for being a bastard on the course).

3) The fact no other "scandal du jour" has come to the fore front to replace it.

It's funny I stumbled into this thread at exactly this moment.  Kathy Lee Gifford is currently talking about her disgust and distaste for what is going on.  What's funny is....Frank hasn't exactly always been faithful to Kathy Lee.  There some well documented "transgressions" on his part.  And yet...during all of that...she was supportive and saying he was misunderstood, etc.  Funny, though, when it's someone else involved.

That's what gets me in all this....the hypocrisy. 

Together again,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2009, 02:00:34 PM »

You've got a few things at work here:

1) The sheer NUMBER of apparent "transgressions", and the women coming forward, and the steady stream of info.

2) Tiger's (up til now) pretty squeaky clean public reputation (though he's notorious for being a bastard on the course).

3) The fact no other "scandal du jour" has come to the fore front to replace it.

It's funny I stumbled into this thread at exactly this moment.  Kathy Lee Gifford is currently talking about her disgust and distaste for what is going on.  What's funny is....Frank hasn't exactly always been faithful to Kathy Lee.  There some well documented "transgressions" on his part.  And yet...during all of that...she was supportive and saying he was misunderstood, etc.  Funny, though, when it's someone else involved.

That's what gets me in all this....the hypocrisy. 

Pilferk, your posts on this matter (as in most) have been superbly written.  beer
  Hopefully, Kathy Lee's disgust and distaste is rooted in the media's handling of the private matter...if she's throwing stones at Tiger, someone should play back the ol' audio of Frank asking for and getting anal from the airline stewardess back in the day.  Wink
Tiger fucked around on his wife, holy shit!  Really, who gives a fuck?  Did he encourage other people to engage in this bad behavior?  Not that I'm aware of.  Is it a personal matter?  Hell yes.  Is GatorAde or Nike going to dump him?  Hell no.  If they do, they are pretty fucking stupid...but they won't, because they're not stupid.

btw, other golfers are starting to realize why this is very bad news for them...when Tiger plays, the ratings go way up.  Without Tiger (now that Tiger has gone on an indefinite leave from golf to work on his marriage) there will be less money/less ads/less spectators/etc./etc.  The man has dominated the sport of golf like no man in the history of golf. 

Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, etc., the list goes on and on.  All the greatest athletes have, do, and will fuck around.  It doesn't make it right, but it doesn't make me appreciate these athletes any less.  Personal respect, sure.  He definitely takes a hit there.  The guy's been known as virtually super-human for the past decade...but as we get older, we learn that nobody's perfect.   peace 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2009, 03:49:28 PM »

Look's like he's going to take some time off now and hide!  rofl

Didn't how he came out very quickly to say how all of these reports were malicious attacks on him and how denied such acts, and they were all untrue. Now, he's got shit on his face and rightfully so. He thought he could use his "power" and bully his way to make all of this go away. Well, this asshole proved to be WRONG!

The PGA survived before him, and they could survive he he disappeared forever!

Hopefully, Elin is on her way out and dumps this jerk-off for good!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2009, 09:29:06 PM »

Look's like he's going to take some time off now and hide!  rofl

Didn't how he came out very quickly to say how all of these reports were malicious attacks on him and how denied such acts, and they were all untrue. Now, he's got shit on his face and rightfully so. He thought he could use his "power" and bully his way to make all of this go away. Well, this asshole proved to be WRONG!

The PGA survived before him, and they could survive he he disappeared forever!

Hopefully, Elin is on her way out and dumps this jerk-off for good!

Sorry Drew, part of what you said is bullshit.  This part in particular from you, "denied such acts, and they were all untrue."
Show me the proof.  Give me the source.  If not, admit you're wrong like a man.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2009, 07:28:16 AM »

Sorry Axl4Prez2004, why don't you first get your facts straight and now apologize to me! You shot off your mouth before reading the statement this asshole released. Now, let's see if you'll take your own advice and be a man, and apologize.

Part of the statement released, reads as followed:

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

Source: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/11/tiger-releases-statement

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2009, 08:36:17 AM »

Pilferk, your posts on this matter (as in most) have been superbly written.  beer
  Hopefully, Kathy Lee's disgust and distaste is rooted in the media's handling of the private matter...if she's throwing stones at Tiger, someone should play back the ol' audio of Frank asking for and getting anal from the airline stewardess back in the day.  Wink

No, she was basically calling Tiger a scum bag, saying she really didn't like him.  Feeling sorry for the wife and saying she shouldn't put up with it.  You know...all the things she DIDN'T say when it was Frank.

Together again,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: