Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 06:42:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 149580 times)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #740 on: July 08, 2010, 03:29:21 PM »

Nice to read Mandy. She's light in all this darkness...

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #741 on: July 08, 2010, 03:52:05 PM »

I guess it's useless for me to try to say anything anymore or talk about my opinions, 'cause I'm not from South America and Argentina is better than Germany 'cause South Americans say so.

I'll just wait for the matches to start again..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #742 on: July 08, 2010, 03:59:22 PM »

It's also clear that the two Argentinians know nothing about Guns N' Roses.  yes

Using their own "logic" of course....

rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #743 on: July 08, 2010, 04:56:34 PM »

Ok.. so.. let's focus on something slightly different.

Who's for the netherlands? Cheesy And who thinks netherlands is going to win?

Needless to say I'm for the netherlands. And it's going to be a really tough job but far from impossible to beat spain. Yes, they were great again Germany but sucked against paraguay and they have a problem finishing their chances so yeah.. I see possibilities. I'm really excited.. I actually think netherlands is going to be world champions for the first time!!

So what do you guys think is going to be the world champion and who do you want to be the world champion? Smiley

ps: try to focus on the finals, ok? :p Not on what happened or who knows best.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #744 on: July 08, 2010, 04:57:03 PM »

Leave me alone, kaasupoltin. If I wanted to talk about you or anyone else, I would say names. Please, stop the paranoia and leave me fucking alone.

Thanks.

svdv22
VIP

« Reply #745 on: July 08, 2010, 05:02:47 PM »

Ulises, who do you think is going to win and who do you want to win?

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #746 on: July 08, 2010, 05:09:09 PM »

Yes, they were great again Germany but sucked against paraguay and they have a problem finishing their chances so yeah.. I see possibilities. I'm really excited.. I actually think netherlands is going to be world champions for the first time!!

I agree. Spain has had major difficulties when it comes down to scoring.. they can build up good chances but can't finish them. Whereas Holland needs less chances to score more goals.. but everything can change so it's needless to rely on these things, let's just wait and see what happens.
But I'm for Holland of course! beer

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #747 on: July 08, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »

Since they're my adopted team, I hope they win it.

No matter how wrong the "experts" say that is. I don't give a fuck.  Tongue

But I think it's gonna be tough.

And since I know that Holland seems to underachieve when it matters, that makes me nervous.  nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #748 on: July 08, 2010, 05:13:22 PM »

@svdv: Well...It's hard. I'm not a fan of any of the teams (like I said, I'm a fan of Boca Juniors and Argentina...and that's it!) but I have some sympathy for both and it's cool to see that on sunday one of them is going to be the world's champion for the first time. I can't choose one, because I don't care about them that much, I'll watch the game because I like football and because it's the final of the World Cup but luckily I have my OWN team to cheer up and my team is sadly gone.

I don't know who is going to win, they're both strong, I leave that to Octopus Paul  hihi . I've always had more sympathy for Holland but yesterday I saw an amazing Spain!!! One thing is sure: it's not the final I've expected.

svdv22
VIP

« Reply #749 on: July 08, 2010, 05:14:26 PM »

Since they're my adopted team, I hope they win it.

No matter how wrong the "experts" say that is. I don't give a fuck.  Tongue

But I think it's gonna be tough.

And since I know that Holland seems to underachieve when it matters, that makes me nervous.  nervous

/jarmo

Normally the dutch are about great football. Much like germany showed us a couple of times this world cup. They're not really about winning, so far, Ulises is right. But not this time around Smiley They say it themselves: 'they're on a mission'. Not a mission to "reach at least the quarter finals" or even reach the finals. Their mission is to win the world cup Smiley They're so focussed so sharp. You might complain about not playing too beautiful. And trust me, here in the Netherlands I hear people who actually don't care about winning the world cup if it "has to be this way". Well I want them to win, but most importantly: they want themselves to win. So I have every faith in this team Smiley

svdv22
VIP

« Reply #750 on: July 08, 2010, 05:17:39 PM »

Btw did anybody see the interview with vandervaart, de jong and sneyder after they reached the finals? With Jack van Gelder? He's a dutch tv presenter. Not very known outside our borders I guess. Might be the interview was broadcaster only in the netherlands. Either way it was funny as hell Smiley

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #751 on: July 08, 2010, 05:34:30 PM »

Yes, they were great again Germany but sucked against paraguay and they have a problem finishing their chances so yeah.. I see possibilities. I'm really excited.. I actually think netherlands is going to be world champions for the first time!!

I agree. Spain has had major difficulties when it comes down to scoring.. they can build up good chances but can't finish them. Whereas Holland needs less chances to score more goals.. but everything can change so it's needless to rely on these things, let's just wait and see what happens.
But I'm for Holland of course! beer

Spain may not score a lot, but that's the beauty of it: they make sure the other team doesn't score either. They are too patient, they can keep the ball on their feet for as long as they want to, and that's how they create scoring opportunities. They are able to control the game. Also, I think it should be Villa and Torres starting on the final match line up, instead of Villa and Pedro. (Unless Torres is injured? Wasn't there something in that sense?)

I'm with Spain all the way. Despite the fact that I don't really like this Holland team, I think Spain really deserves it, for all they've built and achieved in the past few years.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #752 on: July 08, 2010, 05:37:15 PM »

I'm a fan of Boca Juniors

Ohhh, that explains some of the nonsense I've read you saying.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Just kidding. hihi
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #753 on: July 08, 2010, 05:41:28 PM »

The thing with Spain and Holland is that they have very similar styles of playing. They both like to control the game, and pass as much as they can, and only try to score if chances arise. I myself think it will be a very gaurded affair, with no one taking any chances until they have to.

If I had to choose a winner, I would pick Holland.

From what I have seen in this tournament so far, Holland seem to have more fighting power behind them. And I think since it will be a very sketchy game, Holland will just edge it.

I hope it's a good match none the less.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #754 on: July 08, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »

I just hope to be a drawn match with extra time just to make it end later. hihi

I'm so fucking addicted to the World Cup that I'm already sad. Sad

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #755 on: July 08, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »

lets do this nice and simple.

1. handball is not allowed according to the rules.
2. to break the rules in order to gain an advantage is cheating.
3. therefore a deliberate handball is cheating.

still to hard to understand? Should I find a translator.

1. Grabbing a striker from his shirt is not allowed according to the rules
2. to break the rules in order to gain an advantage is cheating.
3. therefore grabbing a striker from his shirt is cheating.
4. conclussion: 100% of the victories in this world cup were achieved by CHEATING

now re-read the bullshit you wrote, give Aristoteles a god damn break, and come back with a decent post or dont even bother me.

I think Forl?n is one of the best midfielders in this World Cup

Even though he has been a versatile player all his career, and that Tabarez makes him play a little more backwards than his usual position in Atletico De Madrid, ''Cachavacha'' is a striker, a forward under every possible point of view. He's an area animal, not a midfielder. Just like Messi and Rooney: they are oftenly starting their runs in midfield, but they are all forwards.

It's also clear that the two Argentinians know nothing about Guns N' Roses.  yes

rofl

/jarmo

Are you challenging me about GNR knowledge?

I got my own logic, Jarmo. Quit using nationalities to make generalizations. It's scary, you know, there are lots of sad examples of that in history.

I do know about football and you do not, and that's not because I'm argentine and you're finnish.

So stop with the bullshit and quit mentioning (implicitely, if you want) me. Or Im gonna feel you have an ''agenda'' (  rofl rofl rofl rofl ) against me  ok

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #756 on: July 08, 2010, 08:01:24 PM »

rofl

/jarmo

Are you serious?  rofl  rofl  rofl

I got my own logic, Jarmo. Quit using nationalities to make generalizations. It's scary, you know, there are lots of sad examples of that in history.

I do know about football and you do not, and that's not because I'm argentine and you're finnish.

So stop with the bullshit and quit mentioning (implicitely, if you want) me. Or Im gonna feel you have an ''agenda'' (  rofl rofl rofl rofl ) against me  ok

You see. Since you can so boldly claim others know nothing, so can I.

I know about GN'R and you don't based on that same logic.

Watching bootlegs and reading about GN'R doesn't give you knowledge. Isn't that what you have said all along?

If it applies to football, surely it applies to other subjects too. Such as GN'R.

Hence, you know nothing about GN'R.

Simple.

Either you admit it or you shut up about your "you know another about football" bullshit.

Deal?

Of course not. You would never admit to knowing less about GN'R than somebody else!

/jarmo

PS If anybody thinks I'm seriously having a "Who knows more about GN'R" contest, get real. It's a joke based on the ignorance I see coming from certain people and making fun of it. Because it's all you can do, laugh at it in disbelief.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #757 on: July 08, 2010, 08:06:47 PM »

Even though he has been a versatile player all his career, and that Tabarez makes him play a little more backwards than his usual position in Atletico De Madrid, ''Cachavacha'' is a striker, a forward under every possible point of view. He's an area animal, not a midfielder. Just like Messi and Rooney: they are oftenly starting their runs in midfield, but they are all forwards.

I must admit I never saw Forl?n playing in Atl?tico de Madrid, but from what I saw in this World Cup, he seemed to be a "attacking-midfielder" (sorry, don't even know if that's what you call it in English and can't be bothered to Google. Here we call "meia-atacante"). And for me, based on how he leads the game, he's been doing more the work of a midfielder, than that of a striker in the Uruguayan team.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #758 on: July 08, 2010, 09:38:40 PM »

rofl

/jarmo

CHALLENGE CHALLENGE CHALLENGE...  peace
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #759 on: July 08, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »

rofl

/jarmo

CHALLENGE CHALLENGE CHALLENGE...  peace
that would be bad ass
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: