Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:24:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will you read tour spoilers?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will you read tour spoilers?  (Read 6473 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« on: December 07, 2009, 09:02:14 AM »

Question for anybody going to the shows:

Will you be keeping tabs on the tour before you go to your show?

Back when I saw the band in 02, I had watched the RIR3 show religiously from the time I got it till the time I saw the band... Plus I watched all the threads around here during the tour... Since the setlist was pretty much the same, there was a little element of surprise(dont get me wrong, on of the best road trips/concerts I ever had)...

Didnt have a chance to see them in 06/07

This time around I'm gonna try my damnest to keep out of the spoilers.... Setlist, stage setup, even though those might be tough, but defiantly youtube clips & bootlegs!!

I just wanna go into this show not knowing what these guys are gonna throw at me!!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 09:06:09 AM »

Every last one of them as soon as they post!

I'm going to London in January and I'll still be eating up every piece of info I can get between now and Hamilton the night before!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 09:13:40 AM »

I'm not big on the "surprise" factor.  For every show I go to I check out the bands website and try to find out the setlist so I know what songs to expect to hear.  So obviously the interest in GNR is magnified a million times.  I'll follow them as closely as I can from afar.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 09:14:47 AM »

I will absolutely follow every thread, read any updates, watch any pictures, videos, and listen to any bootlegs I can.. yes

for the moment there's no shows for Europe but still, i think there's a good chance of getting to see them in the summer and I guess most stuff will be the "the same" (similar setlist, stage etc.),, maybe it has something to do with that I want to know what to expect
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 10:29:11 AM »

There were setlist changes from RIR to the 2002 tour...

Yes, little changes, but what do you expect? you cant change 50% of your setlist from one show to another. I wonder what could be your reaction if you go to a GNR show expecting SCOM, PC and jungle, and they were erased to include Back Off Bitch, Dont Damn Me and Silkworms... would you be happy with that, just for the ''i want setlist changes'' thing?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 10:45:35 AM »

HELL YEAH I'M GONNA READ EVERY DETAIL I CAN FIND!!!!  yes

First of all, things like what Axl has to say and the "interactions" of the band during the shows are obviously different from show to show.

Second, there are some songs that, for whatever reason, are played at one show and not at another.  So if the Taipei fans get to hear OMG and the NYC fans don't, we want to be able to have proof to show the cops why it was okay for us to hunt their sorry asses down!!!  rant

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 10:47:53 AM »

Second, there are some songs that, for whatever reason, are played at one show and not at another.  So if the Taipei fans get to hear OMG and the NYC fans don't, we want to be able to have proof to show the cops why it was okay for us to hunt their sorry asses down!!!  rant
what d? fuck?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 10:49:02 AM »

Yes, little changes, but what do you expect? you cant change 50% of your setlist from one show to another. I wonder what could be your reaction if you go to a GNR show expecting SCOM, PC and jungle, and they were erased to include Back Off Bitch, Dont Damn Me and Silkworms... would you be happy with that, just for the ''i want setlist changes'' thing?

I dont think he was complaining about set lists - just saying that he wasnt surprised at all because he had researched everything before the show.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 10:50:17 AM »

What the fuck are you talking about?!?! I never bitched about the setlist.. There are going to be alot of CD songs, I just want to be surprised when I go thats all....

And yes it would be great to hear rarities like Back Off Bitch, Dont Damn Me and Silkworms, just because those are great songs to hear live

I dont think he was complaining about set lists - just saying that he wasnt surprised at all because he had researched everything before the show.

Thank you  yes
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:56:20 AM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 11:43:59 AM »

Well you CAN change the setlist on a nightly basis.  Pearl Jam does so regularly, their setlists vary pretty dramatically from show to show.  On the one hand it's great because you don't know what to expect but on the other hand you might miss out on a few favorites that you expected/wished to hear.

With that being said, Pearl Jam is about the only band I can think of that makes such dramatic changes to their setlists.  Most other bands play similar, if not exact setlists throughout entire tours.  And while Guns played pretty much the same setlist their last few tours respectively, they have thrown in a few surprise tunes from time to time or changed up the order a little bit.  Bands like AC/DC and Van Halen can't say the same.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 11:54:36 AM »

The same songs in a different sequence can even make a huge difference.  (although sometimes they're in well thought out sequences for a reason).

At the end of the day, its hardcore fans that suffer cos we follow things so much that it seems predictable to us, but the causal fan will be surprised throughout.  So its our own fault lol!   Smiley

But ill be happy with any show, set list is not too important to me.

Most shows start with a bang, then slow slow down for some ballads etc, then finish with a bang.  BUT, if it were my choice, id seriously cut back on the solo spots.

By the way, slightly off topic, but does anyone else get really pissed off when casual fans start leaving thinking the show is over, before the encores!!! ?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »

By the way, slightly off topic, but does anyone else get really pissed off when casual fans start leaving thinking the show is over, before the encores!!! ?

As a GNR fan yes, but as a person who cant stand fucking traffic NO  hihi

I cut out early from concerts sometimes, to avoid traffic
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 12:20:06 PM »

Most shows start with a bang, then slow slow down for some ballads etc, then finish with a bang.  BUT, if it were my choice, id seriously cut back on the solo spots.

I'm gonna sorta tie these two statements together along with the topic.

I couldn't care less about the 'casual' fans leaving early because they're the ones who will get fucked over when something extraodinary happens.  Case-in-point:  I happen to love the solos. The guys are each so talented in their own right and you never know what surprises you might get with them.  As awesome as it was for Ron to play Don't Cry as part of his solo, I would've KILLED to have Axl come out and sign along with the audience at our show the way he did at the end of the Japanese shows.

Why should ONLY they get that and not the rest of us!!! rant

But if it wasn't for the so-called "spoilers" the rest of us wouldn't have got the chance to be even whatever little part of that experience we were .... and even that little part was AMAZING!!!! 

Plus there were like three or four of the then "new" songs that were played at one show and not at another.  Again, I would feel cheated if they didn't do ALL the new songs at my show that some other audience got to hear live at theirs.

P.S.  But if they wanted to do the new and/or special stuff ONLY AT MY SHOW then that's okay... screw everybody else.  hihi 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:31:58 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »

Yes, yes I will.

Axl is God.
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 12:53:01 PM »

of course
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »

Of course i will, just like i did on 2006-2007 tour. Fortunately we have nice users who can give updates about what's happening.  ok

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »

Someone should tweet updates, that'd be pretty cool! Smiley

Your wish is Jarmo's command.  ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=58240.0

XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »

100%....I wanna know as its happening!
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 12:00:28 AM »

yes, I will read all updates in hopes that the tour the states in 2010

D
Deliverance Banjo Player