Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:38:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Confirmed: Duff McKagan To Join Jane's Addiction
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Confirmed: Duff McKagan To Join Jane's Addiction  (Read 31164 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 24, 2010, 08:51:47 AM »

DAVE NAVARRO Confirms DUFF MCKAGAN Has Joined JANE'S ADDICTION - Apr. 1, 2010

Duff McKagan (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER) has officially joined JANE'S ADDICTION as the group's new bassist, JANE'S guitarist Dave Navarro confirmed during last night's (Wednesday, March 31) edition of his weekly Internet radio show called "Dark Matter".

The entire two-hour broadcast is now available for streaming using the audio player below. (Note: Navarro's confirmation of McKagan's addition to JANE'S can be heard around the eight-minute mark.)

Listen here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137842

Duff Mckagan joining Jane's Addiction

1/23/10

wow, so it's been an active 3 days or so. duff mckagan might be the mysterious writing partner/bassist, that perry spoke about. Jane's Addiction got together in perry farrell's garage on monday without eric avery, but with a new writing partner. we assumed the writing partner would also be a bassist to fill in where eric is leaving.

if yr not familiar with duff mckagan, he was the original bassist for guns n roses. i personally haven't kept up with him beyond that, but i've always thought he was a great bassist and his song writing is also decent for rock/punk genres. i personally like duff, he seems like a nice guy and he just may be a good fit with dave and stephen's metal/rock roots. so i'm not completely opposed to this.

here's what i am opposed to: calling it jane's addiction. i realize jane's addiction carries more weight than any band the 3 core members have ever been in and it will definitely bring in the cash. the truth is though, with duff on board, this is gonna be even more rock sounding than strays was and maybe that's the point. i realize bob ezrin was brought in to make jane's addiction rock. what seperated jane's addiction from guns n roses, motely crue, bon jovi, was the fact that there was a softer artistic, feminine touch. perry's and eric's influences merged with dave and stephen's influences made the band unique.

so go ahead abandon yr roots, abandon the very thing that made jane's addiction a once mighty band. rock yr arse off, but drop jane's addiction off and resist relying on nostalgia to sell tickets and downloads. do the right thing by all of yr loyal fans and stop raping the jane's addiction name.

but then again, does it matter? perry farrell's twitter: "I have to remember: Those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter." my suggestion, stop quoting drivel and write something brilliant, or none of it's gonna matter.

http://xiola.org/

From Eric Avery:

fyi, to answer the question directly, i am not writing with janes addiction.

From Perry Farrell:

David, Stephen, and I with new writing partner, went into the garage. Felt like old days, except no cassette recorder. Crafting w/Protools.

We are working on getting Jane's to S. America my friends. In discussion now w/ promoters

We have a different lineup than Coachella it is true. It won't be revealed for a while remember; we are in August.

From Duff's wife Susan:

@ettyfarrell Duff said he had a great time there- it's nice for him to have some time with the boys : ) miss u--

Thanks to faldor for the article.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 06:17:45 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 05:12:03 PM »

Interesting... Maybe this is why GNR won't have Jane's open for them?  Hmm..  Well anyway, Duff is friends with all those guys so sounds cool... 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 10:52:11 PM »

@janesaddiction

Could duff mckagan be the next bassist for JA? rumor of course, but he was at the farrell house monday, when they were writing/rehearsing.

3:50 PM Jan 23rd from Power Twitter

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 02:46:56 AM »

Interesting, but Perry seems to do a lot of different projects with a lot of people

libertad
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »

I wouldn't put too much stock in this; hasnt duff been friends w the janes addictiopn people for years? How many bands would slash have joined if he "joined" every artist he ever wrote with hihi
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »

I think this could be cool for Duff. Slash is doing his solo stuff for at least the rest of 2010. Not to mention that it looks more and more like the whole VR thing might be done. They can't find a singer and claim the whole situation wasn't fun even while it was successful (which it quit being by the time Scott left).

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 07:33:22 PM »

Could never get into Janes Addiction

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 08:41:08 PM »

I hope not because it would mean the end of VR and I still hold out hope the band will get together again.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »

LA Weekly is running this on the "rumor":

Sweet Jane O' Mine?: GnR's Duff McKagan Rumored to Be Joining Jane's Addiction

By Gustavo Turner

Jan. 27 2010

The Jane's Addiction fan community -- a dedicated lot if there's one -- is trying to digest a persistent rumor that has emerged from Perryland this past weeked: bassist Eric Avery is out and (shocker!) Guns n Roses' Duff McKagan is about to take his place.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/locals-only/janes-addiction-duff-mckagan-r/

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 01:27:10 PM »

I hate how these headlines read like Duff is leaving GNR to join Janes to people who may not know any better.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 12:18:31 PM »

This has been picked up by a lot of the media, but all with the original source.  Duff is usually pretty quick to respond to these "rumors" but he hasn't commented as far as I can see?

http://www.licklibrary.com/news/2010/1/217-Has_Duff_McKagan_joined_Janes_Addiction

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134262

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/duff_mckagan_writing_with_janes_addiction.html

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/01/27/duff-mckagan-to-join-janes-addiction/

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/duff-mckagan-joins-janes-addiction/

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 12:16:38 AM »

good gig for Duff if he gets it.  Might be an interesting match with the JA guys.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 04:50:52 PM »

Perry Farrell won't say it's Duff...

Jane's Addiction Writing New Album With 'Mystery Bassist'

Feb 4th 2010

Jane's Addiction are indeed carrying on, frontman Perry Farrell tells Spinner, despite original bassist Eric Avery again leaving the fold after last year's hugely successful reunion tour. The three remaining original members -- Farrell, guitarist Dave Navarro and drummer Stephen Perkins -- have begun writing new music and now, thanks to Jane's fan site, Xiola.org, the internet is all abuzz that Duff McKagan is replacing Avery in the band.

It would make sense in that McKagan is a longtime friend of the band, dating back to the Jane's and Guns N' Roses rivalry when the two ruled L.A. in the late '80s, and has since played with Navarro in L.A. covers supergroup Camp Freddy several times. Still, Farrell is not ready to confirm or even call this "mystery bassist" an official part of Jane's. Asked if there would be a new member, he would only say it's "very likely."

Farrell did reveal that the bassist is writing with the original trio, and that songs for the first new album under the Jane's moniker since 2003's 'Strays' are starting to come together. "We've got one great song so far called 'Top Dog,'" he says.

It's obviously early in the process, but fans will be able to get some new Jane's music soon, sort of. "We're putting together a remix of 'Superhero,' the 'Entourage' theme," he says, adding that Steve Porter will be doing the remix. "We figure that ought to be a fat track for clubs."

http://www.spinner.com/2010/02/04/janes-addiction-new-album-bassist/

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 06:07:53 AM »

appearantly he was in a recording studio the other day for some reason... according to his seattle weekly column
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 06:12:39 AM »

appearantly he was in a recording studio the other day for some reason... according to his seattle weekly column

Loaded are working on a new album. He hasn't joined Jane's Addiction.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »

Loaded are working on a new album. He hasn't joined Jane's Addiction.
Thats what I was thinking to.
Perhaps he is doing both?
Who are we to say one thing or another???

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »

From Slash in a Rolling Stone interview today...

?I think Duff [McKagan] is doing something with Jane?s Addiction right now so we?re all sort of all over the place doing whatever until we can all regroup,? he [Slash] says.

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 01:02:41 PM »

well there you have it. confirmed.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 02:24:19 PM »

True but its not from Duff himself so Slash could be wrong.
But thats a possibility.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 03:12:32 PM »

It seems that way, you would think that Slash would know and wouldn't make a statement like that to Rolling Stone based on rumors in the media.

But my guess is that Jane's Addiction is waiting until they have completed their Australian tour (March 1) before saying anything publicly.

Except for Slash.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: