Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:01:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Surprise Gigs Coming" -From Axl
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Surprise Gigs Coming" -From Axl  (Read 54588 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2010, 07:41:29 PM »

It goes back to what I said. I think in her mind, she built up the biggest GNR forum on the net *her words* and she sees all these other people getting these perks and trips etc and she is out in the cold, so jealousy etc gets the best and she goes off the deep end and starts doing anti gnr shit

that is what I was talking about. If u kiss Axl's or the band's ass or just post in hopes of getting some kind of special prize of backstage or what have u, i think thats ridiculous and shitty

u should support the band because u love them and not cause u may be rewarded with something.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2010, 08:03:23 PM »

off course i did read that "explanation" and your replies, doesnt change a thing that there are no real objective arguments why Merck's version of the letter-accident shouldnt at least be listed on a big GN'R board.
Why is he in the band??
 peace cause GNR Boards are usualy about the band and fans usualy come to talk and read about the band.
If ex-employes were what we were looking for the world is filled with them. IF you want to know about my hotel I sure  hope you come to me, not go t a ex employe- I dont see much diference in this case.

Here Today..
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2010, 08:09:18 PM »

muahaha. he's attacking madison. that is fucking funny

Madison is one of the most unpleasant 'fans' I've ever come across. I've seen her be extremely unpleasant and personally vicious to other fans (especially those who disagree with the 'fact' that the band is worthless without a certain curly haired 'heartthrob') with little reason - myself included.

I may have disagreements with the J man from time to time, but at least here you know you're supporting the same team, and not someone's grotesquely extended wet dream from 1988. The word 'schadenfreude' springs to mind as I see this nasty, smug hypocrite get raked over the coals.

I'm hoping for surprise shows along the lines of the acoustic fashion thing in 2006...man, I'd love to hear what these guys can crank out when the juice is turned down. They're all such incredible players, it could be the 'unplugged' we never had. Patience live at Nijmegen in 06 was enough to make me drool for an acoustic set.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:26:48 PM by TomFriend » Logged

And there goes the challenger...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2010, 09:21:56 PM »

Hey isnt this topic about "SURPRISE GIG COMING" if you wanna complain about some other forum start  a seperate topic i wanna know more about the gigs who gives a shit about some other site or what someone else says. This is an exciting time so much good stuff going on there will always be negative people just ignore them thats my opinion.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »

who gives a shit about some other site or what someone else says

Have you heard about this guy called Axl?

Anyway, I'm guessing you'll find out about the surprise gigs when everyone else does.

And face it, Axl personally helping to remove a nasty, negative influence on the band's perception from a position of power is something people will want to express an opinion on - as are all public things Axl partakes in. If he cares enough to do these actions in a public forum, you can't expect fans to not want to discuss it publicly.

That said, I know what you mean, surprise gig thread. Fair enough, a little OT.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:36:04 PM by TomFriend » Logged

And there goes the challenger...
DebbieNgeorgia
Opening Act

People are getting really, fuckin' smashed up here

« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2010, 09:40:34 PM »

I hope we get some US dates soon. I am really excited about the surprise gigs. And, I feel so vindicated by Mr. Rose. He has no idea that I even exist, but I feel as if he is my own personal hero. Thank you, kind sir! And, thank you, Jarmo. For this site and I am a fan, plain and simple. I want to come here and love and praise the band that I have loved since 1988 and I don't want to have to defend them on a fan forum. I feel that my wishes are answered here. To all my fellow fans.....Ain't it grand in GN'Rland today?!  beer

Not to be an asshole....but,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2010, 10:29:12 PM »

You know something occurred to me today.  Back in DJ's last chat with his fans I asked him if GNR would play my birthday and he said sure.  Well, my birthday is on Sunday and Axl decides THIS week to announce some "surprise gigs" are coming.  I'm starting to connect the dots here.   hihi

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2010, 10:33:38 PM »

You know something occurred to me today.  Back in DJ's last chat with his fans I asked him if GNR would play my birthday and he said sure.  Well, my birthday is on Sunday and Axl decides THIS week to announce some "surprise gigs" are coming.  I'm starting to connect the dots here.   hihi

secret show at faldor's this weekend!
DebbieNgeorgia
Opening Act

People are getting really, fuckin' smashed up here

« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2010, 10:40:58 PM »

I'll bring a six-pack and a bag of ice! beer

Not to be an asshole....but,
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2010, 10:41:30 PM »

I sure would love to go to the gig at the Rose Room!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2010, 10:53:24 PM »

You know something occurred to me today.  Back in DJ's last chat with his fans I asked him if GNR would play my birthday and he said sure.  Well, my birthday is on Sunday and Axl decides THIS week to announce some "surprise gigs" are coming.  I'm starting to connect the dots here.   hihi

secret show at faldor's this weekend!
Axl can feel free to go on at any time.  No curfew at my house.  However, anyone who shows up with a Slash shirt will be shown the door.  You've been warned.  peace

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2010, 10:54:41 PM »

I sure would love to go to the gig at the Rose Room!
Has this been posted here?  I saw this over at www.gnrevolution.com.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/mcqueens-new-york-fashion-show-cancelled_1131864

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN's presentation at New York Fashion Week on Thursday (11Feb10) was cancelled at the last minute following the tragic news of the designer's death.
The celebrated 40 year old, real name Lee MCQueen, was found dead after apparently taking his own life at his London home - just a week after his mother passed away.
The latest creations from his budget clothing label, MCQ, were due to hit the runway on Thursday to help kick off Fashion Week in the Big Apple, but representatives for his public relations firm KCD cancelled the afternoon show upon hearing of his passing.
Police investigating the case have reportedly stated MCQueen's death will not be treated as "suspicious".

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2010, 11:05:34 PM »

fashion week...not fashion show.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »

fashion week...not fashion show.
Yeah I don't know a heckuva lot about Fashion week so I didn't know if that was big news or not.  Reading it back it sounds like just HIS presentation was cancelled.  I think.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »

Its a big deal in the city, kinda akin to like Sundance, and the film festivals, events goin on for 8 days. along with the "fashion shows", and Axl did that Versace spread a few yrs ago, I remember seeing a pic I think from the store in Milan, ? may be wrong, but I know Axl did say he wanted to incorporate fashion, etc. something to that effect.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2010, 11:18:44 PM »

Well it looks like the surprises are about to begin.

Village Gorilla
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »

I think the big deal was Madison ran with an uncorroborated, false story that damaged the band, the reputation of the venue, and workers at the venue (banning anyone who questioned her, her sources, and methodologies she used to state that something false was "confirmed" along the way).  To make matters worse, she then had to feed her lies to TMZ, to perpetuate her falsehoods.  Pretty evil and wicked thing to do!
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2010, 11:45:27 PM »

Guys stop with the other forum talk seriously, its giving me a headache.  I am so happy GNR are playing very very soon this year has already been amazing with the band kicking ass already, the band is gelling like never before and Axl sounds amazing!  I cant wait to see them again beer
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #238 on: February 12, 2010, 12:24:21 AM »

Guys stop with the other forum talk seriously, its giving me a headache.  I am so happy GNR are playing very very soon this year has already been amazing with the band kicking ass already, the band is gelling like never before and Axl sounds amazing!  I cant wait to see them again beer

+1. beer
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #239 on: February 12, 2010, 12:32:23 AM »

seriously, jarmo... just band these lesbo cunts already.  you shouldn't have to waste your time with this garbage.  it's not even relevant to the topic -- SURPISE GIGS! 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: