Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:49:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Feb 11 2010 - New York, NY DISCUSSION thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feb 11 2010 - New York, NY DISCUSSION thread  (Read 37865 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2010, 06:30:53 PM »

I literally work 1 minute from that place. ONE FRIGGIN MINUTE!!! Sad

was it invite only? or anyone could have gone?  if invite only, I won't feel nearly as bad...

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »

where is chris?

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »

My favorite pic right here.. would be an awesome fucking poster

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2010, 06:47:50 PM »

anybody have any videos/audio from that special night?

page 1

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2010, 06:53:19 PM »

"Sweet Child O' Mine"

http://www.kyte.tv/ch/91337/778522

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2010, 11:22:52 PM »

Some more nice pictures from the secret New York show.

photos by Nate "Igor" Smith

Lee
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 11:58:55 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2010, 11:44:45 PM »

This is a short article reporting last nights events. We all know how Axl loves fashion and the article mentions how Axl might be staying in New York for the duration of the Week.

New York Magazine

Guns N? Roses Played New York Last Night

2/12/10 at 11:45 AM,   Whoa! Guns N' Roses played a tiny, secret New York show last night and you weren?t there! Don?t feel too bad, though, cause neither were we, or most normal people, actually ? it was a Fashion Week party at the John Varvatos store (the former CBGB) with a crowd full of glamorous, famous people like Kevin Bacon and Sebastian Bach, and the line to get in went for hours (if you are a glamorous, famous Vulture reader and actually were there last night, please do tell in the comments). But it wasn?t no skimpy ?guest appearance? where a band does three songs and then gets drunk on free Champagne the rest of the night: GNR ran through an awesome seventeen-song set with only three Chinese Democracy tracks (?Catcher in the Rye,? ?Street of Dreams,? and ?This I Love? ? or, as they?re known around Vulture HQ, the two good ones and one shitty one). BrooklynVegan has the whole set list and photos; below, you can check out a lighting-challenged video of Axl Rose awkwardly dancing his way through ?My Michelle.? (He?s not used to such petite stages!) By the way, our fashion-forward sisters at The Cut hear Axl may be hanging around the city for the rest of Fashion Week, if you're into celebrity stalking at all. Anyway, how did you enjoy 30 Rock last night?

By: Amos Barshad

Lee

Sorry, But isn't "Sorry" on CD.lol so that buy has no clue!
  Still good to see people taken notice, of the band. there have been more positive then neg, from what I read. But come on he cites that the set list is available and says only 3 CD songs were played, lol. when they basically have been playing the entire album..just to damn funny.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2010, 11:54:04 PM »

This is a short article reporting last nights events. We all know how Axl loves fashion and the article mentions how Axl might be staying in New York for the duration of the Week.

New York Magazine

Guns N? Roses Played New York Last Night

2/12/10 at 11:45 AM,   Whoa! Guns N' Roses played a tiny, secret New York show last night and you weren?t there! Don?t feel too bad, though, cause neither were we, or most normal people, actually ? it was a Fashion Week party at the John Varvatos store (the former CBGB) with a crowd full of glamorous, famous people like Kevin Bacon and Sebastian Bach, and the line to get in went for hours (if you are a glamorous, famous Vulture reader and actually were there last night, please do tell in the comments). But it wasn?t no skimpy ?guest appearance? where a band does three songs and then gets drunk on free Champagne the rest of the night: GNR ran through an awesome seventeen-song set with only three Chinese Democracy tracks (?Catcher in the Rye,? ?Street of Dreams,? and ?This I Love? ? or, as they?re known around Vulture HQ, the two good ones and one shitty one). BrooklynVegan has the whole set list and photos; below, you can check out a lighting-challenged video of Axl Rose awkwardly dancing his way through ?My Michelle.? (He?s not used to such petite stages!) By the way, our fashion-forward sisters at The Cut hear Axl may be hanging around the city for the rest of Fashion Week, if you're into celebrity stalking at all. Anyway, how did you enjoy 30 Rock last night?

By: Amos Barshad

Lee

Sorry, But isn't "Sorry" on CD.lol so that buy has no clue!
  Still good to see people taken notice, of the band. there have been more positive then neg, from what I read. But come on he cites that the set list is available and says only 3 CD songs were played, lol. when they basically have been playing the entire album..just to damn funny.

I totally agree with you, thats why I deleted the article from my post. I didn't like some of the comments in there either, so I replaced it with photos.

Much better.   ok

Lee
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2010, 01:36:32 AM »

http://rapidshare.com/files/349814826/GNR-02112010PICS-ESTEBANF.rar

112 pictures. All I have downloaded from all the links in this thread  ok

thanks so much !!!! that just saved me a lot of time  Grin

did anyone get an account for these pics!! :
http://www.patrickmcmullan.com/site/event_detail.aspx?eid=32064&filter=1
http://www.patrickmcmullan.com/site/event_detail.aspx?eid=32060&filter=1
 Embarrassed l love the group pics and the one black/white one!!  remands me of a photo shoot for a album insert!! ok  thanks

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2010, 01:50:05 AM »

I was at the show on Thursday night,just recovering from the shock and awe of it all. Wow what started out to be a real shitty experience turned out to be an amazing one.
The crowd was horrid as it was filled with 95% fashion industry idiots, hipsters, trendy fatbacks, and starfuckers.
It was almost unbearable to be in Varvatos (CBGBs) waiting for the band to take the stage and I almost walked out a few times because it was so overcrowded you literally couldn't breathe. People were packed together like sardines.  I have been to 14 G N' R shows and have survived my share of insane crowds that felt like they were going to swallow you up by the pressure, but this was maybe the worst beacause of the tiny size of the venue.  I was ready to bail out cause I am frankly too old for this shit!  hihi
Three hours went by and though going into the venue I knew what to expect regarding the people who would be at this show, but having to be around them as the time went by almost made me leave. 
Thanks to my lovely girlfriend, she convinced me to stay, and man, am I glad I did.
As the hours went by, much of the crowd left (thank goodness) and we got a real good spot near the side of the stage about 6 rows of people back.

Once the band took the stage the crowd shifted and we then got an unbelievable spot about three rows back of the stage, right in front of Ron and Richard.
The band sounded amazing especially Axl who was just unbelievable on that small of a stage, and it felt like he was basically in my living room singing. Insane!
Finally got to hear "Catcher In The Rye" live and it was fuckin fantastic!

All the songs were killer semi-acoustic especially "Rocket Queen" and "Mr. Brownstone."
And "Sorry" just kicked all kinds of ass.
They did "Whole Lotta Rosie" and I think Axl just loves playing that song these days.  They rocked so hard on that.

Opening up with "You're Crazy" was a great surprise and the band was just so happy to be playing up there.
Axl was in great spirits and making eye contact with everyone in the audience, especially the few true fans there (you could literally count the ones who were really there to support them and were lucky to get in).
Just an unbelievable show. After "Paradise City" the crowd thought the show as over and everyone started leaving until Ron came on and said "We ain't done fuckers!"
The band came on for an encore of "Sweet Child O' Mine", "This I Love" (holy shit does Axl sing on this!) and "Nightrain."
I was now about 2 feet away from Axl and the band watching them play. It was very surreal.
Probably the closest I have ever seen Axl perform and I was front row for all the Vegas shows and Hammerstein shows.  It was like having him in your living room!  Grin
It was amazing just to watch him SING. Don't get me wrong, I love Axl running around the stage like a mad man and rather him do that than just stand there and hit every note perfectly, but at this show this was PERFECT.
He moved and danced but his main focus was on singing and holy shit did he sound fantastic.

What a show. What a night. It was my girlfriend's first G N' R show and this is exactly the way she dreamed of seeing them, semi-acoustic, in a small space, and small crowd!

Being born and raised in NYC I have seen many shows at CBGBs...never thought I would ever see G N' R play there!  I can now have a dog in the race when in a conversation with some of my older punk rock friends who brag about seeing Bowie, New York Dolls, The Ramones, etc. at CBGBs....I saw Axl Rose sing on that stage!!!  Cool

A perfect night  yes

Though not the best shots in the world, my photos from that night can be seen here near the middle of the page:
http://gunsnroses14385.yuku.com/topic/4011?page=5

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2010, 01:53:52 AM »

we need to login in order to see the pictures. could you just post them here.
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2010, 02:01:15 AM »

Ah.  Let me try to figure it out and if I can I will.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2010, 02:18:10 AM »

axldemocracy  that is  great story!!!

I couldn't imagine how serial that experience has to be !!!! To see a legend like axl rose and the great band of Gnr in a small vinue in a close laid back atmosphere!!  wow  Shocked

The songs where great!! first time this year for Use to love her and Your Crazy !!you get to hear classic songs that had to be wonderful!  I could only imagine how This i love sounded  ok

Thanks for chairing your experience !! beer

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2010, 03:19:15 AM »

pretty cool

Cool
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2010, 06:06:23 AM »

anybody have any videos/audio from that special night?

Now we are talking !  +1

(pics and shoes talking is ok but please......more vids....more audio)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2010, 07:24:36 AM »

Since it was a "surprise concert", I doubt we'll have a lot of videos or even a complete audio recording from it.

Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2010, 08:23:17 AM »

I was at the show on Thursday night,just recovering from the shock and awe of it all. Wow what started out to be a real shitty experience turned out to be an amazing one.
The crowd was horrid as it was filled with 95% fashion industry idiots, hipsters, trendy fatbacks, and starfuckers.
It was almost unbearable to be in Varvatos (CBGBs) waiting for the band to take the stage and I almost walked out a few times because it was so overcrowded you literally couldn't breathe. People were packed together like sardines.  I have been to 14 G N' R shows and have survived my share of insane crowds that felt like they were going to swallow you up by the pressure, but this was maybe the worst beacause of the tiny size of the venue.  I was ready to bail out cause I am frankly too old for this shit!  hihi
Three hours went by and though going into the venue I knew what to expect regarding the people who would be at this show, but having to be around them as the time went by almost made me leave. 
Thanks to my lovely girlfriend, she convinced me to stay, and man, am I glad I did.
As the hours went by, much of the crowd left (thank goodness) and we got a real good spot near the side of the stage about 6 rows of people back.

Once the band took the stage the crowd shifted and we then got an unbelievable spot about three rows back of the stage, right in front of Ron and Richard.
The band sounded amazing especially Axl who was just unbelievable on that small of a stage, and it felt like he was basically in my living room singing. Insane!

All the songs were killer semi-acoustic especially "Rocket Queen" and "Mr. Brownstone."
They did "Whole Lotta Rosie" and I think Axl just loves playing that song these days.  They rocked so hard on that.

Opening up with "You're Crazy" was a great surprise and the band was just so happy to be playing up there.
Axl was in great spirits and making eye contact with everyone in the audience, especially the few true fans there (you could literally count the ones who were really there to support them and were lucky to get in).
Just an unbelievable show. After "Paradise City" the crowd thought the show as over and everyone started leaving until Ron came on and said "We ain't done fuckers!"
The band came on for an encore of "Sweet Child O' Mine", "This I Love" (holy shit does Axl sing on this!) and "Nightrain."
I was now about 2 feet away from Axl and the band watching them play. It was very surreal.
Probably the closest I have ever seen Axl perform and I was front row for all the Vegas shows and Hammerstein shows.  It was like having him in your living room!  Grin
It was amazing just to watch him SING. Don't get me wrong, I love Axl running around the stage like a mad man and rather him do that than just stand there and hit every note perfectly, but at this show this was PERFECT.
He moved and danced but his main focus was on singing and holy shit did he sound fantastic.

What a show. What a night. It was my girlfriend's first G N' R show and this is exactly the way she dreamed of seeing them, semi-acoustic, in a small space, and small crowd!

Being born and raised in NYC I have seen many shows at CBGBs...never thought I would ever see G N' R play there!  I can now have a dog in the race when in a conversation with some of my older punk rock friends who brag about seeing Bowie, New York Dolls, The Ramones, etc. at CBGBs....I saw Axl Rose sing on that stage!!!  Cool

A perfect night  yes

Though not the best shots in the world, my photos from that night can be seen here near the middle of the page:

Dude, that's insane! I'm soo jealous that it was almost hard for me to finish your story! drool

But thx for sharing it. I just wish there was an opportunity for more of us "regular civilians" that are just hardcore fans to see the show.
Annie
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2010, 09:42:54 AM »

A perfect night  yes

I am so happy or you! beer How did you know about the show?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2010, 10:13:34 AM »

some peeps are lucky to know one of its own and sometimes they were lucky in 06 as well.  do i guess right, axl democracy? Tongue
glad read. thanks for posting.

another good report with tons of pics

Guns n' Roses: Surprise Performance Presented by John Varvatos L'Uomo Vogue
Friday - 2:50PM ? Posted by Britten

JOHN VARVATOS & L?UOMO VOGUE
Present Alberta Cross & an Exclusive Performance by Guns N? Roses
Open NY Fashion Week

February, 12th -- New York, NY ?The fashion world got a musical treat as John Varvatos and L?Uomo Vogue jumped started NY Fashion Week 2010 with a party that opened with a live show by Alberta Cross.  Their set was followed by an exclusive surprise performance by rock legend Axl Rose, and Guns N? Roses, at John Varvatos? 315 Bowery boutique.  In addition to sole original member Axl Rose, the band?s current lineup features guitarists DJ Ashba, Ron Thal and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer.

With a crowd of local and international celebrities, fashionistas, and rock?n?roll lovers, the John Varvatos/L?Uomo Vogue event aroused the old spirit of the seminal underground music club CBGB?s with a concert for a packed house that lasted past 3:00 am. The stylish guests mingled as the evening began, and were ready to rock as Alberta Cross took the stage to perform. The crowd?s excitement grew with anticipation as they waited for over 2 hours for Axl to take the stage. The adrenaline escalated when Gun N? Roses performed an unbelievable set of 17 songs, which was entirely impromptu and lasted well over two hours.

They opened with Your?re Crazy. At one pointAxl addressed the crowd, "Did you know Axl rhymes with Asshole? It's just so convenient." The unexpected long set reached fever pitch with Welcome to the Jungle and brought down the house with Paradise City. The crowd chanted for more and not to disappoint, they pulsed on with Sweet Child O' Mine, This I Love and Nighttrain.

A wet but satisfied Axl Rose exited the stage to energized fans announcing, ?This was the best F***ing show of our tour!?

An overwhelmed John Varvatos called out, ?I have no voice left!  This was an epic evening.  We were all treated to some of the best rock ?n roll New York City has seen in a long time!  Singing AC/DC?s Whole Lotta Rosie with Axl Rose will be unsurpassable.?

http://www.scenebseen.com/Guns-n-Roses-Surprise-Performance-Presented-John-Varvatos-LUomo-Vogue-7370594

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2010, 10:40:09 AM »

Eddie Trunk mentioned the gig in his latest report.

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/418725/pid/401816

Just as I got home from the airport I got a text at like 1AM that G&R was going to be playing a surprise show in NYC at the old CBGB. It is now a store for clothes designer John Varvatos. Holly who handles my phones at Sirius/XM lives in NYC and went. Turns out Axl and the band played a long acoustic set in the early hours today. She said it was amazing and Axl looked and sounded great. Photos Holly took will be posted on this site very soon from this special event. I've heard Axl will be hangin in NYC for a few weeks, so you never know if he might pop in again at some point on the radio shows, lets hope.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: